AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC ruined by chat glitch. Please Help

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RebeccaT

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 21, 2011
UK
Twitter Username
@Rebecca__t
MFC Username
RebeccaTeal
Chaturbate Username
RebeccaTeal
When my husband logs into MFC with his premium account and likewise with a guest account, the chat window in rooms, any and every room, doesn't load and PMs don't work. The video and room list is fine. This happens whether I'm online as a model or not. It used to be fine, this problem started about a week ago.

We've tried different browsers, different PCs, different ISPs in different locations, different firewall settings and all the combinations of the above. We've tried all the suggestions on MFC's Wiki page.

It's totally ruining MFC for me as he is unable to join in when I'm working, as we had always planned. When he's at home, if he can't see and join in the chat then I don't want to work.

Please, if anyone can help, I would be so grateful. I love MFC but I need my husband to be able to enjoy it, too.

If you have the area blocked, he won't be able to see you. Add him to your friend list and he should be able to see you. May need to add some information here also in regards to what browser you are using / trying to use, If you have added any toolbars to the browsers recently there could be one that is causing the glitch. May have to uninstall the browser and reinstall it. I had a period of time that I had it where I couldn't see the chat rooms at all and the only way I could see the chat is keep looking at the chat archives, couldn't see anything in chat.

Had to delete FireFox AND Chrome and get them both again, that took care of that problem for me.

Great Dane..he is in my friends list and I haven't blocked any area.

It seems your problem was the same...there is no chat vivisble in any room. If he types in it, his chat shows and other people can see it...but we can't see what else is being said. Very, very occasionally when we first log in, it works but if we chat or change rooms it stuffs up again.

We've tried Firefox, Chrome and Internet explorer. The problem occurs on both his and my laptops. Yesterday I reinstalled all browsers. I'll check the toolbar thing as, although I don't have them visisble, they may be there. But I know my husband never installs extra toolbars. ( I just forget to click "no" when I install stuff!)

I'm willing to try anything to sort this out.

Rebecca, may want to try running Advanced System Care to clean up some of the possible problems too. http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-Syste ... 07614.html if you don't have it yet, it keeps all of my systems running good so far and I have older systems and crappy internet. Can't hurt to try it anyway.

It didn't work :eek:(

I'm just not receiving anything in the chat window. If, when I log in, the chat does show, it never changes even though I know it should be. I can tear tips but the chat screen stays the same. I am so so so sick of it all. I'm on the verge of quitting

I've bumped an old thread i've just found about this and maybe it isn'y anything to do with me. It does seem odd that both my husband and myself have the problem at the moment and no-one else we speak to on MFC does right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.