AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Tip Note Epidemic

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
I have come to notice that tip notes are not utilized as often as they should be. After running a raffle for 2.5 weeks, I look back on how many times I had to ask "is that for a raffle ticket or just because I'm awesome and you like me?" and wonder if the tippers realized how helpful a simple "tix" or "raffle" would have been in the comment.

We models don't want to force raffle tickets down members' throats if they don't want them, as we would rather someone who actually wants the prize to win. So by asking, sometimes we inadvertently pressure them into saying "yeah, sure a ticket is great" when they really couldn't care less about winning.

I love love LOVE tip comments. A tip that comes without a note (while still completely AWESOME) makes me wonder what it's for. Also, sometimes I find the words in the comment to be even more flattering than the tip itself. I love notes that make me giggle or blush. They make my day. ;)

Sometimes, we models will set our raffle, or pic sets, or videos to be a specific amount (like my 999 for VIP) so that if someone tips it with no note, we still know the intention. But there are some people who refuse to have an uneven token amount left and still expect us to read their minds about their tip purpose.

Why am I posting this? I'm probably preaching to the choir here, since those of you who read ACF are already more informed of MFC etiquette than others, but I figured it was with pointing out...

If a tip is for anything other than "just because" or "for the topic countdown", please, please please put your intention on the note. It takes mere seconds, and avoids minutes of model confusion.

Thank you, and have a lovely day.

Sincerely,
The models of ACF and MFC.

Since ever finding out how to utilize the power of the tip note, I have made that a constant in my routine. Granted if I ever had interest in raffles or things I'd mention that instead of saying things to get a reaction from the model. though the public tip note is something that I've been having far too much fun with.

i agree would help the guy/gal helping the model keep track of tips as well, since we can show tip notes.

Well said! Is it ok if I re-post this on my blog (and maybe a few other sites where this would be a relevant topic of discussion)? Giving u full credit for authoring it of course.

Poker_Babe said:
Well said! Is it ok if I re-post this on my blog (and maybe a few other sites where this would be a relevant topic of discussion)? Giving u full credit for authoring it of course.
Sure thing, the more people who read and understand it, the better our MFC time can be. :)

Reactions: Poker_Babe
Thanks for creating this thread! :thumbleft:

I would really like it if people used the tip note feature more. I'll get a tip, and I'll say "Thanks! Is that for the raffle?," and many times guys will be like "Oh, I didn't even know you're having a raffle." LOL.

Also, I'd prefer it if my raffle winner was a guy who wanted to participate...not one of the guys who says "Ah, what the hell, I guess you can give me a ticket." If, for example, it's a raffle for a Skype session, that is something that I think A LOT of guys would enjoy. But if Skype isn't something you'd be interested in, I think it's best to just let the model know that the tip was "just for her" rather than saying "Um, yeah, I guess you can give me a ticket." There's nothing wrong with tipping 'just because'. Plus you'll be giving someone else (who DOES want the Skype session) the chance to win. :)

Two guys won a raffle last month for 30 minutes of Skype chat, etc. I already did the session with one of the winners, but the second winner never responded back to me, and I've seen him logged in several times since then.

I'm gonna start letting people know in my room topic (and on my profile) that they must put 'raffle' in a tip note if they'd like a ticket. If they're REALLY interested, then leaving a tip note shouldn't be a problem.

And speaking of tip notes, instead of arguing endlessly with models about "friend me bb," because they have some Earth Shattering private message they just HAVE to send, either pay for a "friend status" (for those models who do that) or send your oh so important message in a tip note. :)

Nordling said:
And speaking of tip notes, instead of arguing endlessly with models about "friend me bb," because they have some Earth Shattering private message they just HAVE to send, either pay for a "friend status" (for those models who do that) or send your oh so important message in a tip note. :)

Both models and prems would do well to keep that in mind and advise those ever-so-desperate wannabe PMers of that option. :thumbleft: Of course, it doesn't guarantee the model will actually read it or respond in a busy room.

Reactions: Nordling
Nordling said:
So true!

I actually very much enjoy the silly conversations that "batty-moose" and a couple other anonymous tippers and I share via 6 to 10 token tip-notes. :D

I love tip notes!!

As a model- I love to get them and I love to know if the guys liked and tipped for something special. Or I'd love to know it it's "just because your awesome".

We do have the tip note option on chaturbate as well. If I have been in a girls room for some time It is kind of my thing to say good night in a tipnote and let her know I really enjoyed the show, before saying goodnight to the whole room.

On MFC I'm just a freeloader. I haven't had the money to go premium yet. But since I love tip notes, I'm gonna use them on MFC when the time comes to.

This thread is an eye-opener, yo. I don't typically bother with tip notes cos' I don't typically tip FOR things. I guess I see tokens as being more of a gift or an implicit means of saying "hey, I enjoy your company and think you're kinda cool" as opposed to currency with which to "buy" something from a model (be it a flash or a raffle ticket or whatever).
But you guys like tip notes, huh? I'm learning things! :)

mynameisbob84 said:
This thread is an eye-opener, yo. I don't typically bother with tip notes cos' I don't typically tip FOR things. I guess I see tokens as being more of a gift or an implicit means of saying "hey, I enjoy your company and think you're kinda cool" as opposed to currency with which to "buy" something from a model (be it a flash or a raffle ticket or whatever).
But you guys like tip notes, huh? I'm learning things! :)
Yeah, notes are cool, yo.

If people who WERE tipping for tix/pix/vids/etc actually DID use tip notes appropriately, we'd just assume that your tip with no note is due to your awesome appreciation of us doing our job well. So once people get on the right track with this "tip note required if you are purchasing something other than a smile" concept, then we'd stop having to wonder when the great guys like you tip "just because" with no note.

Make sense? lol :lol:

Also, people who are regulars to a girl's chat room may have an understanding with the model that all their tips are "just because" or all their tips of x amount can be used for raffle tix/etc, so just be sure to make intentions clear and all should be fine.

Reactions: 1 person
As a side note, what about comments after privates and groups? Do the models actually see those and appreciate comments made there?

I have always been one to use the tip note function. Whether to make the model laugh or groan at my jokes. :lol: Or just to say this is for you and not for the countdown etc. I also always give comments after privates to show my appreciation beyond the the token spent. Though there is a specific situation where I do not usually leave a tip note, and that is when I am trying to make a yellow wall :)

Do you notice any kind of trend with people not using tip notes? Are they the quiet ones in the room as well?

Just Me said:
As a side note, what about comments after privates and groups? Do the models actually see those and appreciate comments made there?

When I look at my token stats/sessions, I think it's nice to see a friendly "Thanks! You were great!" type of comment after a private session.

Tip notes: I love using them.
I generally don't even attempt to PM a model whether or not they have an XX tokens for friends, etc. If I have something to say that I don't want in public chat: tip note.
Sometimes I'll tip and don't want it counted towards countdown (those are not shown in room): tip note.
Sometimes I tip models who I don't frequent their rooms but are active on ACF and posted something cool: tip note.
If I know there is a raffle or some other thing going on that I'm not interested in and tipping just because: tip note.re
ANY & ALL requests, whether sexual or not: tip note. (this one should go without saying, but you know).

I very rarely tip without a tip note.

Amber, you may think your "preaching to the choir" here, but who knows how many unregistered users will read it and actually use the information. If one does, it was worth the time it took to type it out (besides the cathartic effect).

Reactions: Poker_Babe
If we look at our tokens session page, we can see any tip notes and private comments left to us.

I am also on the "tip notes bb" bandwagon :p When I start back up at MFC, any tip without a note will be assumed to be "just because", which will be stated in topic and on profile.

Just Me said:
Do you notice any kind of trend with people not using tip notes? Are they the quiet ones in the room as well?

I haven't noticed that trend specifically, but there are a surprising number of guys in my room who never talk except in tip notes. No PMs and little or no conversation with the general chat, but they'll tip every now and then (sometimes pretty big) and always include a note with those tips. (Those guys are pretty awesome, I kinda dig the combination of mystery and generosity :love2:)

I always leave a note when I tip someone, even if it's just "ACF 4 LIFE!!!!" or something. :lol:

I generally don't get a lot of no-tip-note-leavers because I don't do a lot of countdowns or anything (I mostly do privates, actually) when I'm on MFC so anything for which someone would be tipping is in the topic. :)

But yeah, save us some confusion and if you're tipping for a request, tell us the request, heh.

I often leave the tip note empty just so when model asks "what is that for" I can reply in chat it is simply for them being awesome, nice, hardworking etc.
My aim behind this is to put a lid on the freeloaders saying "you just got tipped, do something" or to inspire others in the room to tip "just because".

Reactions: adorable_erin
SirLes said:
I often leave the tip note empty just so when model asks "what is that for" I can reply in chat it is simply for them being awesome, nice, hardworking etc.
My aim behind this is to put a lid on the freeloaders saying "you just got tipped, do something" or to inspire others in the room to tip "just because".

remember you can tick the box 'make tip note public'
that way you can put "Just because you're so awesome" in the tipnote, everyone in the room sees the note (so freeloaders can go fuck themselves) and she doesn't have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.