AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Full manual control for the Logitech C910 webcam on Mac OS X

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2011
This will most likely work with other UVC compliant webcams too.

http://www.thetechbuzz.net/c910/logitechc910.zip

The link below is to the site developing this software. Check here for the newest version and for more info about this software.

http://www.dm9.se/

With this software installed on Mac OS X you can control...

1. Focus
2. Exposure
3. Iris
4. White-balance
5. Brightness
6. Contrast
7. Gain
8. Saturation
9. Sharpness
10. Anti-flicker

I'm a Microsoft Windows guy not a Apple Mac OS X guy. I know a lot of shit about Windows OS but don't know a damn thing about Mac OS X. So don't ask me about this software because I don't know. I just found it and shared it with you all.

Use this software at you own risk! You are on you own as far as I am concerned because I CAN'T help you! It's not that I don't want to help you it's that I don't know how to.

I suggest that someone here that is very tech savvy and has a Logitech C910 webcam and a Mac computer install this software and figure out how it all works. Then share your knowledge with others here that are less tech savvy.

Good luck.

If this post helps you then Rate & Admire my MFC Profile. LOL

Re: Full manual control for the Logitech C910 webcam on Mac

HollieCakes said:
So it's like ManyCam and iGlasses?

does manycam control auto focus and white balance? :eek:

those are the only controls I don't have currently, so I might give this new one a try!

HollieCakes said:

Well webcams like the Logitech C910 and Webcam Pro 9000 have always been a problem on Mac OS X because you could not turn off features like RightLight2, RightSound, Auto-focus, Auto-gain, and Auto-white balance. Those things are built into the hardware and controlled by the webcams firmware. Logitech never wrote a proper UVC driver for Mac OS X and just relied on the UVC driver built into Mac OS X. That's why Logitech webcams work so much better on Windows. Logitech wrote a proper UVC driver for Windows. Even without Logitechs UVC driver webcams work so much better on Windows because Microsoft's built in UVC driver is 10 times better than Apple's built in UVC driver.

Mac users have been bitching forever about not being able to have full control over their aftermarket UVC webcams. I have been looking into a solution for the problem for sometime now because I have several model friends with Macs. Only thing I found so far was a guy doing some experimental stuff that was far for being useful for normal people.

At the time when I looked into programs like iGlasses they did not have the ability to control focus and exposure.

Since you mentioned it I just looked at iGlasses sight again and their new iGlasses v3.2 has added some new features.

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iglasses/mod.html

Modification History:

4/19/12 - v3.2: Adds the ability to lock and adjust the focus of the Logitech C910/C920. Adds the ability to lock auto-exposure of the Cinema Display iSight and certain other UVC-compliant webcams such as the Logitech C910...

iGlasses could not do that back when I looked at it. This is a pretty new update. Anyone that has iGlasses should download and install this new update.

iGlasses v3.2 may now very well be all that is necessary for models to be able to properly adjust their webcams on a Mac so they can use them to broadcast on webcam modeling sites.

The software I talked about earlier may have more features than iGlasses but I don't know because I don't have a Mac that I can install them both on an check to see what both of them can do.

I didn't see any mention of an Anti-flicker setting on the iGlasses site. This is an important feature to have since CFL lighting has become popular. CFLs flicker like crazy and cause rolling bars and waves on the video if the camera's shutter speed in not synced with the CFL's flicker frequency. 50Hz in Europe and 60Hz in North America. If iGlasses does not have a setting for Anti-flicker then they need to add it. If you have it installed you could check to see if it has a setting for it. The options would be Off, 50Hz PAL, 60Hz NTSC.

Maybe the guys at http://www.dm9.se/ and http://www.ecamm.com/ sould get together and work on this.

missmeowmixx said:
HollieCakes said:

those are the only controls I don't have currently, so I might give this new one a try!

You might want to look at installing this new iGlasses v3.2. It's professional made software and might have everything you need. They have a Free demo and it's only $19.95 to buy it.

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iglasses/

Reactions: HollieCakes

missmeowmixx said:
HollieCakes said:

No youre right, I think those are missing still

Sorry to dig up an old topic..
I'm sort of desperately seeking out a solution for camming on my Mac as I can't manage without the exposure setting. No idea how so many girls do, maybe its all lighting I don't have figured out?
Anyway, this looked worth a try but I got stuck at the first"get" step. It never recognized any cameras. :?

Anyone have any links to good mac/logitech/lighting/exposure setting alternatives posts? I have been using the search feature like crazy but am almost ready to go buy a cheap PC just for camming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.