AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Jordan Peterson introduces Thinkspot, an anti-censorship forum: potentially good for cam models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sexysally666

Cam Model
Apr 14, 2017
I think Jordan Peterson is a pile of trash, but I tend to actually agree with his views on free speech. Like the criminalization of sex work, criminalizing dangerous speech just forces it into the shadows where people can't be held accountable. Anyway, Thinkspot: this is going to be a forum where allegedly no content will be removed unless its removal is ordered by the US government. It's in the beta stage and a lot of important details about this forum are unclear (e.g., is it free to use? how, if at all, will users' anonymity be protected?) But I'm thinking that if it is indeed free, anonymous, and they honor this promise to not remove any content by their own discretion, this could be a good place for indie online sex workers to advertise their services. This is a legal gray area now because of SESTA/FOSTA, but if the government were to actually enforce it then the whole site would probably have to be shut down. What do y'all think?

Reactions: Kiki Jane
I agree Jordan Peterson is garbage. I love his debate how he believes you cannot have art or culture without God. I do agree with his a lot of his opinions on free speech. But knowing the crowd that hangs in that sphere, I don't think us hoes will be welcomed.

The main legal argument with payment services that aren't 'sex worker friendly' is who's managing the age verification information. There's a legal requirement for sites that take money for this type of work to do which is why they crack down when sex workers use their payment systems in this way. Sex working isn't just a free speech issue it's a legality one due to age verification being such a huge factor. It just takes one underage 'model' scandal to usually make non adult sites revise their rules about working with sex workers.

Reactions: sexysally666
The main legal argument with payment services that aren't 'sex worker friendly' is who's managing the age verification information. There's a legal requirement for sites that take money for this type of work to do which is why they crack down when sex workers use their payment systems in this way. Sex working isn't just a free speech issue it's a legality one due to age verification being such a huge factor. It just takes one underage 'model' scandal to usually make non adult sites revise their rules about working with sex workers.

Very true, but I wonder if that would affect a site like Thinkspot, which isn't a payment processor but a forum. I assume you would be free, nonetheless, to post a link to some sex-work friendly payment processor (like KinkBomb tribute) along with info about your content/services.

Very true, but I wonder if that would affect a site like Thinkspot, which isn't a payment processor but a forum. I assume you would be free, nonetheless, to post a link to some sex-work friendly payment processor (like KinkBomb tribute) along with info about your content/services.

From reading about it. It's an alternative to patreon offering a subscription option.

From reading about it. It's an alternative to patreon offering a subscription option.
I hadn't read about the payment processing option, but according to Newsbusters, it's both that and a social media site: "The subscription based “anti-censorship” platform “Thinkspot” is being created by popular psychologist Dr. Jordan B. Peterson. It’s being marketed as a free speech alternative to payment processors like Patreon in that it will “monetize creators” and also provide a social media alternative to platforms like Facebook and YouTube."

I feel like anyone even remotely associated with sex work posting on that forum would just make themselves a target for bitter incels unfortunately.

This exactly. Incels worship him, and they detest sex workers because, idk, something something "femoids", something something "roasties", something something "cock carousel" (which sounds fun, ngl), something something "women owe US we're not going to pay".

Well, I learned something new: incel. (going by the Wikipedia explanation for it)
I had no idea what one is so had to google for myself.

I guess I could try and argue I am one too, except it's not a case of "being unable to find a romantic partner" but more of a "I am an idiot who is too socially shy & lazy to go out socializing to meet people and I am only comfortable and confident at chatting to humans online" haha. I guess if they stopped looking at their screens and grow up (like I should) they could actually meet someone.

Well, I learned something new: incel. (going by the Wikipedia explanation for it)

I guess I could try and argue I am one too, except it's not a case of "being unable to find a romantic partner" but more of a "I am an idiot who is too socially shy & lazy to go out socializing to meet people and I am only comfortable and confident at chatting to humans online" haha. I guess if they stopped looking at their screens and grow up (like I should) they could actually meet someone.

There's a lot more to it than that. You seem quite aware of yourself and that you're shy. Incels just blame everything on women supposedly only going for the top 10% of attractive men - despite bears/dad bods being very in right now, and tons of women preferring an average-looking dude who's, you know, kind and funny, over a super-hot dude.

This exactly. Incels worship him, and they detest sex workers because, idk, something something "femoids", something something "roasties", something something "cock carousel" (which sounds fun, ngl), something something "women owe US we're not going to pay".
Yeah I've heard that he has a large incel following, which kind of perplexes me given JBP's rhetoric about "stop resenting and blaming others for your problems, and start adopting some responsibility." This seems antithetical to incels' fatalist worldview. And also, y'know, totally dismissive of people who are actually denied basic rights and are justified in blaming others for it.

Yeah dude, you shouldn't associate yourself with incels. I assume you have basic respect for cam models if you're managing to engage on this forum without immediately Insulting us. Incels, conversely, lack respect for all women and especially those who are sexually empowered.

no content will be removed unless its removal is ordered by the US government.

33frgx.jpg

I really don't think he's going to put himself or his money at risk by breaking laws.
Or allowing himself to be found liable or implicit in a crime.

So what is he really talking about then?
What is he going to allow that other platforms don't tolerate?

33frgx.jpg

I really don't think he's going to put himself or his money at risk by breaking laws.
Or allowing himself to be found liable or implicit in a crime.

So what is he really talking about then?
What is he going to allow that other platforms don't tolerate?
Other than hate speech, which US Law actually doesn't forbid? Not sure lol, but it'd be nice if sex workers could actually market themselves without being immediately censored due to liability concerns. I suspect, however, that he'll be changing his tune once this thing is actually opened up to the public.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I know nothing about videogames but looks like he played some sort of major role in the so called "gamergate controversy", promoting a conspiracy theory about women infiltrating/plotting to overthrow the gaming industry to further their feminist agenda. I mean, what?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/09/gamergate-carl-benjamin-ukip-mep

I was pro-gamergate. That's not what it was about at all. It was about ethics in game journalism. They weren't disclosing relationships with devs and writing glowing reviews. The narrative got changed because journalist can control the narrative and people can be assholes.

#notyoursheild #notasockpuppet

That's not what it was about at all. It was about ethics in game journalism. They weren't disclosing relationships with devs and writing glowing reviews. The narrative got changed because journalist can control the narrative and people can be assholes.

Thx for the info. As I said, I know nothing about gaming, gamers community and such. Anyway, reading the article I couldn't help but think how it's no coincidence he ended up being a Ukip candidate.

Thx for the info. As I said, I know nothing about gaming, gamers community and such. Anyway, reading the article I couldn't help but think how it's no coincidence he ended up being a Ukip candidate.

He wasn't even around or an activate person during gamergate. Journalist turned gamergate into a slur to suit their interest. Most all the 'gates' which often are consumer revolts get turned in this way. Just like the press will never say political 'middle' exist they always write people into an extreme left or right with no merits.

Well, the brits, loosening up for a bit their proverbial self-control milkshaked him.

And that was wrong. Attacking and silencing political rivals is a truly fascist thing. All they had to do was not vote for him.

Other than hate speech, which US Law actually doesn't forbid? Not sure lol,

The kind of speech that gets taken down with a court order tends to be defamation, doxing.

he'll be changing his tune once this thing is actually opened up to the public.

That's the thing, it's behind a pay wall. So it's not really 'free' speech.
More so, if your spout an unpopular option, you run the risk of being censored. As in they ghost all your posts.
So some people will be paying him for 'free' speech, while all their posts are censored.

they sure didn't. he only got like 3% of the votes. :giggle:

In reality the way the british system works due to how many parties can be involved in some races and there's no runoffs you can have 8%-12% determine the winners in some races

In reality the way the british system works due to how many parties can be involved in some races and there's no runoffs you can have 8%-12% determine the winners in some races
Everyone who usually votes ukip looks like they voted for the brexit party instead if I'm understanding it correctly.

Everyone who usually votes ukip looks like they voted for the brexit party instead if I'm understanding it correctly.

The Brexit Party IS UKIP for the most part. It's a collection of break away leadership from UKIP. I think there appeal was because their messaging and purpose was simple. Get Brexit to work out. They didn't care about social issues or anything else they just want Brexit done with.

UKIP's message was hampered because the media was so focused on Benjamin's past comments people could really hear completely what they were offering.

Liberal Democrats were also hurt because they went completely off message to discredit Benjamin they almost stopped campaigning completely to attack him and the people voted Brexit because they didn't want to deal with such drama. I think Brexit party stole more votes from Liberal Democrats than UKIP in this race to be honest because they were the favor going into this.

In the end Benjamin got what he wanted out of this having a strong pro brexit block in control.

In all cases because how the party system works it only took 36% to WIN the area which if you put on a curve 3% and 6% from labour were still decent numbers.

The Brexit Party IS UKIP for the most part. It's a collection of break away leadership from UKIP. I think there appeal was because their messaging and purpose was simple. Get Brexit to work out. They didn't care about social issues or anything else they just want Brexit done with.

UKIP's message was hampered because the media was so focused on Benjamin's past comments people could really hear completely what they were offering.

Liberal Democrats were also hurt because they went completely off message to discredit Benjamin they almost stopped campaigning completely to attack him and the people voted Brexit because they didn't want to deal with such drama. I think Brexit party stole more votes from Liberal Democrats than UKIP in this race to be honest because they were the favor going into this.

In the end Benjamin got what he wanted out of this having a strong pro brexit block in control.

In all cases because how the party system works it only took 36% to WIN the area which if you put on a curve 3% and 6% from labour were still decent numbers.

Actually those rape comments or joke about another member of parliament are pretty serious. I am getting tired of people, especially older men not taking it seriously or have an empathetic approach towards it. That is inappropriate comments to make of a potential political colleague. Of course he can always take accountability and apologize. Instead he tends to double down and be a total douche canoe. Could you please tell me how "I would not even rape you" is a joke. Seriously, I want to understand the punchline.

I am getting tired of people filled on the internet with "its just a joke." and they can't explain the context or absurdity of the joke without looking like a major prick. I get humor is subjective, but someone should be able to explain the context behind it without saying "oh I said it because she was knocking at male suicide" when that is very much from the truth. He dug his hole when he could of owned his shit, but keeps choosing be a dick route.

I am very familiar with the skeptical side of youtube, and used to watch him. His choosing to be a dick route is why I stopped watching his shit. I stopped around the time he made that joke too. So I'm not surprised it was brought up and other offensive shit he has said, and of course comments like that would hurt you. There is no such thing as a joke responsibility shield.

Reactions: Fatquack
Status
Not open for further replies.