AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Which Site Would This Be?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2018
West Texas
So, I was watching a very nice new model on Streamate and along comes this man's voice announcing "incoming show" and she disappears. I don't trust Streamate because they required a credit card to sign up, saying that nothing would be charged to my card unless I authorized the charge. Lo and behold, 4 days later my cc company calls me about "unusual activity" on my card. There was an unknown charge for almost $1,000. Streamate was the only place I had given that card number to. Naturally, I disputed the charge and we canceled the charge and they are sending me a new card. But I liked this model and I might like to do a show with her. Can anybody tell me which site has that announcement?

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: AudriTwo
So, I was watching a very nice new model on Streamate and along comes this man's voice announcing "incoming show" and she disappears. I don't trust Streamate because they required a credit card to sign up, saying that nothing would be charged to my card unless I authorized the charge. Lo and behold, 4 days later my cc company calls me about "unusual activity" on my card. There was an unknown charge for almost $1,000. Streamate was the only place I had given that card number to. Naturally, I disputed the charge and we canceled the charge and they are sending me a new card. But I liked this model and I might like to do a show with her. Can anybody tell me which site has that announcement?

Firstly if you're a new SM account you're spending is capped around $75 or something low so $1000 charge would be impossible. I would suspect you either went to a phishing site or your computer was compromised. Remember it's spelled 'streamate' and not 'steamate' or 'streammate' some of these mispellings are phishing sites that surround the main one.

Firstly if you're a new SM account you're spending is capped around $75 or something low so $1000 charge would be impossible. I would suspect you either went to a phishing site or your computer was compromised. Remember it's spelled 'streamate' and not 'steamate' or 'streammate' some of these mispellings are phishing sites that surround the main one.

I just checked my spending limit and it is $500 per day and I have not asked for any changes. I'm not claiming that Streamate is the culprit. But they may be the source of the leak. I have several other cards and, naturally, I immediately checked all of them for unauthorized charges.The card # that I gave them is the only one. Regardless, I'm not comfortable giving them another try at this time. So...... I'm still interested to know which site has a male voice saying "incoming show"?

You being charged $1000 is very weird, and it's also very weird that your spending limit is as high as $500. I've been modeling on SM for a few years, and this is very much not normal. Most new users get kicked from shows after spending $75 or $150, those are the common limits I see. You have to get special authorization to even be able to spend over $300 per day, and that's not easy to get, especially for very new users. I agree with what @SMuser69 said, that it sounds like phishing or something else was compromised.

Even if you (quite understandably) never want to visit SM again after this incident, you should definitely contact support about it because they would want to know about and deal with someone using your account if that's what happened. supportteam@streamate.com is their email if you need it.

Not sure about the site the other model was working on, sorry. Hopefully someone else can help with that. Guessing you've already tried googling her model name to see if she's on Twitter or something?

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
If you want immediate response, you can either do chat support which is 24/7 or call their customer service number

Last edited:
You being charged $1000 is very weird, and it's also very weird that your spending limit is as high as $500. I've been modeling on SM for a few years, and this is very much not normal. Most new users get kicked from shows after spending $75 or $150, those are the common limits I see. You have to get special authorization to even be able to spend over $300 per day, and that's not easy to get, especially for very new users. I agree with what @SMuser69 said, that it sounds like phishing or something else was compromised.

Even if you (quite understandably) never want to visit SM again after this incident, you should definitely contact support about it because they would want to know about and deal with someone using your account if that's what happened. supportteam@streamate.com is their email if you need it.

Not sure about the site the other model was working on, sorry. Hopefully someone else can help with that. Guessing you've already tried googling her model name to see if she's on Twitter or something?

It wasn't exactly $1,000, just close to that. It's been removed from my online statement, but it was something like $962.57 and the charge was to a company name that sounded suspiciously like it might be some kind of investment. I've never asked SM anything related to spending limits. So idk why mine would be higher than the norm. Maybe it's a recent change in policy.

It's not that I don't want to visit SM again, but it is my personal practice to always tip a little if I'm going to spend even a little time in a girl's room. I hate freeloaders. It's the girl's job and I respect that. I don't work for nothing, either. But I can't tip this girl on SM. I hear tip sounds in her room that sound similar to certain ring tones on my iPhone - like a combination of chimes and crystals.

We had a nice conversation in PM, but she said there are rules against promoting one site while working on another. Makes sense, so I'll just have to play a little detective.

It wasn't exactly $1,000, just close to that. It's been removed from my online statement, but it was something like $962.57 and the charge was to a company name that sounded suspiciously like it might be some kind of investment. I've never asked SM anything related to spending limits. So idk why mine would be higher than the norm. Maybe it's a recent change in policy.

It's not that I don't want to visit SM again, but it is my personal practice to always tip a little if I'm going to spend even a little time in a girl's room. I hate freeloaders. It's the girl's job and I respect that. I don't work for nothing, either. But I can't tip this girl on SM. I hear tip sounds in her room that sound similar to certain ring tones on my iPhone - like a combination of chimes and crystals.

We had a nice conversation in PM, but she said there are rules against promoting one site while working on another. Makes sense, so I'll just have to play a little detective.

They definitely have not changed their policy recently. Every week I have at least one new person who hits their spending limit, actually last night I even had a new user hit their spending limit after $100. It takes several days for the limit to even be increased to $300, and an increase beyond that certainly can't be obtained immediately by new users, SM does this to protect themselves against charge backs since they're liable for them when they happen, and cam sites are particularly vulnerable to some people using stolen credit cards or doing charge backs by lying to their bank. It really sounds like something was compromised on your end, more than just someone using your account, which is why it's so important to contact support.

It amazes me how much effort is being spent to vouch for SM and explain their spending limit policy, but nobody seems to know the answer to my real question. Of course I contacted SM's customer service as soon as the problem was discovered and solved. That should go without saying. I certainly don't think SM would risk ruining a successful business over such a relatively small amount of money. But it seems strangely coincident that this happened so quickly after I gave the cc # to them. It could be an errant employee or nobody related at all. But out of an abundance of caution, I won't be giving them any more credit info. I only mentioned it here to explain why I couldn't tip or go private on SM. I only wanted help locating this girl on another site. She is very charming and physically my type. I'd like to take her private.

It happened again yesterday. A male voice announced :Incoming Private Show". Then she went off cam. There was also a female voice that announced "You Got a Tip". I don't know any sites that have this feature. I was hoping with the vast pool of experienced models and members, that someone could point me in the right direction.

It amazes me how much effort is being spent to vouch for SM and explain their spending limit policy, but nobody seems to know the answer to my real question.
The reply directly above you answered your actual question.

DONT YOU SAY ANYTHING BAD ON SM. REEEEEEEE

I kiiid

It could be your answer wasn't answered because they didn't know. I too was wondering how the hell a new account could be charged $1000 and you'd be surprised the amount of people who tell us they got scammed but never contacted support. You would bash your head in.

Anywho go find your sweet camlady friend. I also suggest trying to find her on Twitter if you haven't done that already.

DONT YOU SAY ANYTHING BAD ON SM. REEEEEEEE

I kiiid

It could be your answer wasn't answered because they didn't know. I too was wondering how the hell a new account could be charged $1000 and you'd be surprised the amount of people who tell us they got scammed but never contacted support. You would bash your head in.

Anywho go find your sweet camlady friend. I also suggest trying to find her on Twitter if you haven't done that already.

It could be because the card info was used but the charge was not to SM. So it wouldn't really matter what my SM limit was set at. I can't explain why my limit was set at $500, but I've checked it several times and it is $500 for sure.

The reply directly above you answered your actual question.

I'm going to be the asshole here for a moment...

Guy claims his card was charged almost $1K because he was watching a show on stremate, and he's only worried about a voice calling out an incoming show? He disputes the charge, it's removed and now he wants to move to another site so he can watch her again?

Going to dispute those charges too, buddy?

Guy claims his card was charged almost $1K because he was watching a show on stremate, and he's only worried about a voice calling out an incoming show? He disputes the charge, it's removed and now he wants to move to another site so he can watch her again?

I read it as "guy gets super paranoid about SM being the reason someone has spent $ on his credit card, blames SM, now wants to watch her on a different site because he's wary of SM". Which is still kinda silly but I don't think it's as suspicious as you make it sound, lol.

I read it as "guy gets super paranoid about SM being the reason someone has spent $ on his credit card, blames SM, now wants to watch her on a different site because he's wary of SM". Which is still kinda silly but I don't think it's as suspicious as you make it sound, lol.

I thought of this as well. But, just something in the way his posts are, as well as having personal experience with someone I knew pulling this stunt makes me think the way I do.

Dude, it doesn't look to me like you got anything the guy said right. He didn't say he was charged because he was watching a show. All he said was that SM was the only place he had given his card info. It is only logical to consider that the two events might be related. He didn't sound worried at all about the incoming show announcement, just trying to figure out what other sites he might find her on. Obviously he didn't blame the model for the problem, so why wouldn't he want to watch her on another site? We all want a better deal if we can get one. One of my favorite girls on MFC is also on CB. For various reasons, I usually watch her on MFC. But if I am in the mood for a private session, I switch to CB because her privates are cheaper there.

and - "Going to dispute those charges too, buddy?" Really???? That's a pretty damn cheap shot. Are you suggesting that Boerman would dispute legitimate charges? I don't see anything in anything in any of his posts that would give you reason to think that.

btw - One of my favorites on MFC is also on multiple sites and one of them has a very distinct tip sound too. It's a "donk, donk" sound like a double hit on a cowbell. I'm curious if that site might have its advantages over MFC. Anybody know which site it is?

Does SM use 3rd party payment processors such as Epoch or Segpay? Did the OP go through SM directly when signing up or was there an affiliate used?
If any of what he says is true about his charges.... Then I'd be looking towards shady affiliates dinging your card/s. That or his computer is compromised. :|

If any of what he says is true about his charges.... :|

God Damn!!!! I'm tired of dumb fux like you and ForceTen questioning my honesty!! I guaranDamnTee you, neither of you would have the balls to say it to my face. Cowards like you hide behind the anonymity of phony nicknames and the internet. What possible motivation could I have to lie about such a thing??? The ONLY reason I even mentioned it was because if I didn't give a reason why I couldn't take the girl private, some moron with "Ten" in his name would be questioning why I didn't. I'm sure they'd be accusing me of something else.

If anybody can find anything I ever post that is factually inaccurate, I will welcome them pointing it out. But please, if your reading skills are too poor to understand what I write, go back to grade school and get a life.

You might be able to tell what payment processor they use through your actual transactions through them.
Most charges I ever see don't mention a processor. When I charge something at Walmart, it just gives the store number and the location. This charge was made to STOCKX 3133431228 PA .

I don't dispute that anything you've said is true, but you are mistaken to think that Streamate themselves are the source of your card info being compromised. There's another contributing factor to this that you are overlooking somewhere.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Most charges I ever see don't mention a processor. When I charge something at Walmart, it just gives the store number and the location. This charge was made to STOCKX 3133431228 PA .
According to the Googles, StockX is a site that sells sneakers, based in Detroit. That's their phone number on your billing statement.

Someone used your card to buy themselves some new shoes. If it wasn't you, then the card definitely got compromised somewhere.

I don't dispute that anything you've said is true, but you are mistaken to think that Streamate themselves are the source of your card info being compromised. There's another contributing factor to this that you are overlooking somewhere.

Thanks for your comment. I accept that there is likely another factor. That's why I never accused SM of anything. I'll leave dealing with that to my cc company. Look at like this: if you ate at a new (to you) restaurant and later you got sick, would you be in a big rush to go back there and eat again? There's been nothing in the news about a rash of illness in people who ate there. Maybe it was some potato salad you left in the fridge a day or two too long. Who knows? But, still, you're going to think twice before you go back. I've always been careful about who I give my cc# to. And when I do, I like it to be when I'm making a purchase, not "just in case" I might buy something.

But, still, you're going to think twice before you go back.
Makes sense, yes. It appears to me that you have thought about it twice: once to make the post, and again to reply after getting all the responses explaining how it isn't connected to SM. So after thinking twice in this situation, if it were me, I'd move on to those other possibilities.

I'm not here to pressure you or try to tell you how and where you should spend your money. I just think there are indeed plenty of things to be anti-SM over, but this isn't one of them.

Anyway, hope you can get the mystery charge sorted out soon and get to the bottom of it for your own peace of mind.

I'm not here to pressure you or try to tell you how and where you should spend your money. I just think there are indeed plenty of things to be anti-SM over, but this isn't one of them.

Anyway, hope you can get the mystery charge sorted out soon and get to the bottom of it for your own peace of mind.

AAARRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!! I'm not anti-SM!!!!! I'm not anti-sushi, either. But neither are my taste. Everybody please, oh PLEASE, go to the cam site you want and eat all the raw fish you want. I promise I won't say a word.I joined SM for a specific reason that I assure you I will take to my grave if, for no other reason, than to give the pinheads something to speculate about.

You are right, in the short time I have been a member there, I have discovered some things I don't like. I don't say they are bad. They are just not for me. The only reason I haven't deleted SM altogether is because AudriTwo has bee nice and sweet and genuinely tried to help instead of twisting my words and questioning my integrity like SOME people, so I put her in my favorites list on SM so I can drop in and say hi and thanks in person.

According to the Googles, StockX is a site that sells sneakers, based in Detroit. That's their phone number on your billing statement.

Someone used your card to buy themselves some new shoes. If it wasn't you, then the card definitely got compromised somewhere.
Wasn't me.

Status
Not open for further replies.