AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Banned and still able to enter room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2019
Twitter Username
@CateCrafty
MFC Username
CraftyCate
So today I banned a user and made sure to ban for 24 hours. Moments later he was still able to join my room and PM me I doubled checked his profile and it said he was banned, I also muted to see if that would work and he still was able to PM yet again after I banned and muted him. WTH happened??

he still was able to PM yet again after I banned and muted him.
I don't know if "mute" stops them from being able to PM you, and being banned does not prevent them from being able to PM you, so that's normal. What you want to do is "ignore". That will stop him from speaking in your room, in PM, in tip notes, or MFC mail.

No idea why he'd be able to come back in your room if you banned him. It's possible you only "kicked" him which would allow him to come right back in.

I doubled checked his profile and it said he was banned
Where did you check, exactly? This page would be the most helpful, in the future - https://profiles.myfreecams.com/_/ext/bans
But once he's on "ignore" he won't be able to bother you anyway, so start with that every time.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lelo1
Upvote 0
being banned does not prevent them from being able to PM you, so that's normal. What you want to do is "ignore". That will stop him from speaking in your room, in PM, in tip notes, or MFC mail.
But once he's on "ignore" he won't be able to bother you anyway, so start with that every time.

Thank you! I just banned and muted and he kept PMing so I was very confused. If I want to block someone entirely then (cant come to room, cant pm etc) the only way to do that is going into my profile settings then and adding to banned users? or is there a quick way to do that while I am on cam?

Upvote 0
Thank you! I just banned and muted and he kept PMing so I was very confused. If I want to block someone entirely then (cant come to room, cant pm etc) the only way to do that is going into my profile settings then and adding to banned users? or is there a quick way to do that while I am on cam?
While you're on cam you can click their name and all the options are there. You want to ban ->extend to lifetime then ignore. That covers all your bases.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Fatquack
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
In the same vein, I had a member PM me the other day after months of being permabanned and ignored. I distinctly recall doing both, but out of the blue he was messaging me. His ban was still in place, but the ignore was obviously not. Definitely back on the ignore list now.

Do ignores ever expire? Maybe I miss clicked on something. I dunno, but it spooked me.

Upvote 0
I've been banned twice and was still able to view webcams. This happened when I was logged in as a guest and was immediately banned upon entering. I saw a message that said,” you've been banned from entering this model’s room”. I decided to see how long I would be able to watch one of the cams and it was way too long. I am considering caming on MFC but this leaves me with an uneasy feeling.

Upvote 0
I've been banned twice and was still able to view webcams. This happened when I was logged in as a guest and was immediately banned upon entering. I saw a message that said,” you've been banned from entering this model’s room”. I decided to see how long I would be able to watch one of the cams and it was way too long. I am considering caming on MFC but this leaves me with an uneasy feeling.
I think that was a display bug and you weren’t actually banned. It happens.

Upvote 0
Granted I haven't cammed on MFC in a while, but there were a few members who I definitely remember banning repeatedly (lifetime ban + ignore) and they were still able to come back within a few days.

One particular guy always had his usernames as serial killers, always one account, would change the username here and there though. He would tip though but be rude to me/other members which is how I knew it was the same account because of the tip history. I don't know how he was able to gain access again after each time he was banned, again, I'd always click on lifetime ban and ignore.

Anyway, someone suggested that some higher paying members have been able to request being unbanned from a model's room. I have absolutely no idea how true that is or not, but who knows, maybe it's possible that they play innocent to support. The frequency of his username changes definitely suggest that he's spent enough to have over 10K points. Anyway, after messaging support about the bans and explaining why I'd repeatedly banned him, I did not see him in my chatroom again. It's possible it was a glitch, but the whole thing was weird.

Upvote 0
Sites normally can, checking history, permit or not a user to be unbanned, but they check I hope (it's a minimum of service).

I had some user like that. Banned on CB and coming back changing his name. A scammer named like niceguy123, niceguy1234, niceguy1001 etc...
ip was effectively banned, but he used a VPN, masking his ip and the site could do nothing against that.

Upvote 0
I've had the same problem with a user who repeatedly comes into my room and trolls. I'll ban him and a few moments later he pops right back up. When I go to ban him again, the first ban is still active. I have to cancel his current ban, then reban again to get rid of him. Doesn't take long before he shows right back up 😡 Another member told me that a VPN could possibly bypass the ban. Not sure how true that is but it's really annoying

Upvote 0
Just my personal experience, I was banned from a room by a mod* on MFC. I can go into the room and view as long as I want, but if I try to interact in any way, then it comes up that I've been banned.

*If anyone wants to know, the reason I was banned was because the mod was answering me and I said I wanted to hear from the model. Boom. Banned. But whatever.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.