AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Unfair Ban - What do you guys think?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm a long time lurker and member on Chaturbate. I was a customer to many on there and I got banned a few days ago and I think it's very unfair. Basically this girl I recently starting watching really caught my attention so I decided I would buy her social media (skype, snapchat, instagram and her personal phone number) I paid for all of these in single tips through out a couple of days after being a fan of hers and fan club remember for about one month or so. If I remember correctly I sent 1000 tokens for skype, 500 tokens for snapchat, 500 for instagram and 2000 tokens for her real phone number. (I can't recall if those are the exact numbers but it was for sure very close) All of this comes out to about 4000 tokens ontop of others I already spent on her for random things on the tip menu.

So anyways a week or so goes by and I noticed I was blocked on everything. It made no sense, we hadn't even spoken throughout that week since I was busy and I wasn't in her cam room for a few days and when I finally had time off and a chance to go in her cam room she wasn't online for like 2 or 3 days so I still didn't get to ask her why I'm blocked. I finally see her online and when I go in her room I'm being completely ignored and not even acknowledged and me being a fan club memember of hers, usually she would always say hi to me with a big smile and this time she just looked mad and then she suddenly decides to acknowledge that I'm in her room and she says "I feel used and lied to, you told me fake promises, you said you'd take care of me and everything else and now I'm just sitting here and you're not helping me" and I typed "What do you mean? I said I'd help you out, I'm sorry I'm not a millionaire I can't always tip I don't always have money to buy tokens I'm sorry" And she just made a really like angry face and sighed and she just sat there the whole time making it seem like her show is all sad and soggy because it's all my fault and I didn't tip enough.

It was honestly really embarrassing since there was many others in her room and it also made me feel like trash like as if I'm only useful if I'm spending money and a waste of her time if I'm not, I mean come on, there was many others in the room like it doesn't all fall on me to pay for everything. We had built quite a loving friendship through PM's in her cam room for over a month and when I run low on money, suddenly I'm not her "friend" anymore. Anyways, I was about to PM her to ask why I was blocked from everything (I think I already knew what she was going to say considering her reaction that already happened on cam about me not helping her enough) And right when I send the PM it looks like she read it and then she says she's logging off and just disconnected the cam.

So after this happens I'm just really angry at this point, like I spent a lot of money on this girl to have contact with her outside of Chaturbate and I did nothing wrong, we hadn't even had been in any contact whatsoever since I bought the accounts since I was busy and not in her cam room for a while. So what could i have possibly done wrong other than "not tipping enough"? Anyways 4000 tokens is roughly a $500 purchase in my currency and I wasn't about to let someone just take a huge amount of money from me for nothing and then complain about it, I'm not someone who would let someone take advantage of me. So I called my bank and filed a dispute on the charges I made for those tokens and the next thing I know is that my Chaturbate account is banned.

Now about getting my money back, I didn't get it back yet, the bank says it takes a few business days and they made it clear that it was just a credit back to my account and if the company (Chaturbate) wants to dispute the charge back and have proof to dispute it that the money would be taken back from me. So my questions is 1) Am I right that the ban was not fair when I'm the one that got scammed? and 2) Generally does Chaturbate fight against disputes? Do they try to pull up some type of proof even though they won't find any (unless they look at all the shows from this girl and find the parts where I'm tipping for her accounts and she's giving them to me by PM) I guess they could use that as proof but then I have proof that I'm blocked on everything unless they get in contact with her and she decides to unblock me but then we all know she would just go back and block me again after showing her "proof". Anyways not sure how Chaturbate works when it comes to charge backs but I will be livid if they take the money back by showing some type of fake proof, Chaturbate seems like it can be kinda scammy in that way.

What do you guys think about all this and do you think they will try to get the money back from me? Also do you guys think they would unban my account at some point?

I've been trying to call them to explain the situation but wait times are insane I keep having to hangup and then when I do have time to be on the phone it's on hold for so long that an automated message comes on saying that "There's no one available to take my call at this time" and the phone automatically hangs up on me.

@cheesydoritos try to establish communication with cb support via mail. I have a feeling you are an okay user, who did something in an emotional state of despair and disappointment. Good luck.

CB does react to users complaints.

If I read correctly, originally the minimum minutes for a private came at the wish of girls who make a lot in public chat to make privates more attractive but it seems it's often misused by (studio) girls, who only want privates and indees use the safe minutes to buy time.
Thanks! I've tried contacting them at their regular support email, sent several emails between today and yesterday and I'm not getting any reply at all. Do they have a mailing address for something like this?

Upvote 0
I don’t do privates at all any more unless it’s someone that I KNOW will follow through and make it worth killing my room. My show is set up to be worth my time in public chat and I usually make more tokens in public per minute than I would in private anyway. I hate when I used to take a private and they tell me to do something I have listed in my bio that I do not do (anal or incest talk ugh) and didn’t ask me in chat prior if I would do it. Kills my room, pisses both me and customer off. I usually end the private so I can get back to my room and build it back again but I did once drain the tokens of a jerk who refused to take no for an answer when I told him prior to a private that I would do x but not y and he still wanted y in private after it started. My privates are set to 60tk/min
I would never purposefully ignore a decent guy once I went in a private. I like to keep the guys who tip me instead of pissing them off. Sorry that happened to you.

Upvote 0
I have not read all replies so I apologize but....

I have had experienced on CB where I have ASKED for a refund, explaining and showing things, and they have refunded me my tokens because the model was wrong/bad. Maybe if you had contacted them and explained the situation like you have above, they may have been a lot more reasonable and fair and given your stuff back, and warn you against tipping for off-site things in the future - because of things like this happening.
I think the fact you tipped for OFF SITE stuff, which to be fair don't CB recommend or have a term AGAINST doing? So it was at your OWN risk, so I am honestly on the side of CB for that. It doesn't matter if the have a "no refund" policy.

Upvote 0
@cheesydoritos Im sorry to hear there was an issue regarding a specific show. I have already relayed your message to our support team and they state that they have seen nothing come in from a "cheesydoritos" account. Would you mind providing your username so i can have a supervisor look into this further?

Upvote 0
Hi @punker barbie thank you for reaching out to me! And It's fine they finally reached out to me. They said that I would have to re-purchase tokens because of the charge backs my account has a negative token balance. It basically defeats the purpose and I'll just lose all my money again from the person that scammed me so I guess there's nothing I can do. I had a question, is the money being taken from Chaturbate or like the actual model? Cause I thought it would be taken from the model and not Chaturbate which is why I didn't think my account would get banned...

Upvote 0
Hi @punker barbie thank you for reaching out to me! And It's fine they finally reached out to me. They said that I would have to re-purchase tokens because of the charge backs my account has a negative token balance. It basically defeats the purpose and I'll just lose all my money again from the person that scammed me so I guess there's nothing I can do. I had a question, is the money being taken from Chaturbate or like the actual model? Cause I thought it would be taken from the model and not Chaturbate which is why I didn't think my account would get banned...
From chaturbate. When you charge back via your bank you are not getting your tokens refunded, you are reversing a charge on your card because of assumed fraud to the company you bought the tokens from (often dumping an extra fee on that company) not the person you then decided to give them to. (Though some cam sites will take those earnings from the model, but that is 100% between chaturbate and the model not you)
You BUY tokens from chaturbate. You then GIVE those tokens to a model however you see fit. These are two separate transactions.

You want a refund in the future, contact the cam site with solid proof. Sometimes it’ll take a lot of contacts. Don’t have solid proof! Take your lesson and move on like most or charge back and except you’ll get banned

Upvote 0
From chaturbate. When you charge back via your bank you are not getting your tokens refunded, you are reversing a charge on your card because of assumed fraud to the company you bought the tokens from (often dumping an extra fee on that company) not the person you then decided to give them to. (Though some cam sites will take those earnings from the model, but that is 100% between chaturbate and the model not you)
You BUY tokens from chaturbate. You then GIVE those tokens to a model however you see fit. These are two separate transactions.

You want a refund in the future, contact the cam site with solid proof. Sometimes it’ll take a lot of contacts. Don’t have solid proof! Take your lesson and move on like most or charge back and except you’ll get banned
Oh wow thank you for explaining this... I honestly didn't know it was like that. I thought that instead of a negative token balance they would just take the tokens away from the model that i gave them to. Well on the bright side at least they get too keep their tokens from me even if I wasn't happy.

Upvote 0
I stopped doing privates for this exact reason with random unknown to me broadcasters. Unless it is a broadcaster that I trust, I won't even attempt a private.

Yep, very similar for me. I have to know a model for a while and be comfortable with her before taking private.

Upvote 0
10 minute minimum for privates? Ouch. Majority of my privates last 3-5 minutes because I assume that's how long majority of men can make themselves ejaculate when they masturbate.

It's rare for me to do less than 10 minutes in TruePrivate with a model.

the problem we have is this goes both ways. There's no minimum like this on the site i work on and i've stopped offering pvts very often to people i dont know because they will promise 10 mins and then leave 2 mins in and i have to spend the next 30 mins rebuilding my room.

I totally see the member issue if models use this to scam.. but on our side of it its pretty shit too. I dont really have a good solution though.

I know it isn't the same as a minimum time limit. But, I thought MFC gave the option of minimum tokens someone can have before requesting one? I think it was to help keep people from have 10 tokens and getting bumped right away?

I understand the shitty side of things for models and members. Have mentioned it before here. But, for me, I see privates as revenue generators when the public room doesn't generate tips. It's also a revenue loss when taking a private is less per minute than one would make in an active room. Thus, why I also ask a model beforehand.

Reactions: Useful-Title
Upvote 0
It's rare for me to do less than 10 minutes in TruePrivate with a model.

I know it isn't the same as a minimum time limit. But, I thought MFC gave the option of minimum tokens someone can have before requesting one? I think it was to help keep people from have 10 tokens and getting bumped right away?

I understand the shitty side of things for models and members. Have mentioned it before here. But, for me, I see privates as revenue generators when the public room doesn't generate tips. It's also a revenue loss when taking a private is less per minute than one would make in an active room. Thus, why I also ask a model beforehand.

yes and that does help, however before that i simply required members i didn't know well to make their token count visable. This increases privacy for the member.. but not much different.

Upvote 0
yes and that does help, however before that i simply required members i didn't know well to make their token count visable. This increases privacy for the member.. but not much different.

Yeah, it's not a guarantee they won't skip after a minute or two. I just think it's pretty shitty for someone to ditch a model after a very short time as it's wasted time. If I get along with the model well, I'm usually doing a private tip note cracking a joke about her being damn good and making him blow his load before he even gets his pants undone. ;)

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.