AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need some coaching...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2019
ATL
Twitter Username
@Bettybo8144871
Chaturbate Username
Mlsjrp420
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1002901881/BbwBetty/
Please forgive me if I'm posting and it's already been discussed, I searched the forum for HOURS and wasn't met with the information I was looking for...Honestly, I'm terrified I will break forum etiquette and y'all will just tear me to shreds for it.

I'm brand new to the cam world, learning as I go and trying different things to see if it gets me different results. I started broadcasting on chaturbate in June of this year and so far I am making the equivalent of what I was making busting my ass (in half the amount of time)at a chain grocery store that I hated going to every single day. But my streams aren't quite what I want them to be. I've tried it all(or at least the most popular shit) like goal shows, ticket shows, dice games, etc. I'm just not finding a groove, I guess. I know not all days will be full of tokens, but I know I could be doing better than I am. For Instance, and this is horribly embarrassing to admit, I was able to stream with another very attractive model the other day for almost 3 hours and we barely broke 300 tokens. Two girls and we couldn't get over 325 tokens.

What I'm looking for is someone who is willing to watch my stream and maybe let me know what I could be doing that I'm not, or let me know what I'm royally fucking up. Tell me if my lighting is decent, and the sound is clear, things like that. I'm not expecting someone to just do this out of the kindness of their heart, I'd be willing to throw some tokens your way or cash app, whatever is clever.

My username on chaturbate is mlsjrp420(I would post a link but once again terrified of breaking forum etiquette!)

Signed,
Clueless Camgirl

Please forgive me if I'm posting and it's already been discussed, I searched the forum for HOURS and wasn't met with the information I was looking for...Honestly, I'm terrified I will break forum etiquette and y'all will just tear me to shreds for it.

I'm brand new to the cam world, learning as I go and trying different things to see if it gets me different results. I started broadcasting on chaturbate in June of this year and so far I am making the equivalent of what I was making busting my ass (in half the amount of time)at a chain grocery store that I hated going to every single day. But my streams aren't quite what I want them to be. I've tried it all(or at least the most popular shit) like goal shows, ticket shows, dice games, etc. I'm just not finding a groove, I guess. I know not all days will be full of tokens, but I know I could be doing better than I am. For Instance, and this is horribly embarrassing to admit, I was able to stream with another very attractive model the other day for almost 3 hours and we barely broke 300 tokens. Two girls and we couldn't get over 325 tokens.

What I'm looking for is someone who is willing to watch my stream and maybe let me know what I could be doing that I'm not, or let me know what I'm royally fucking up. Tell me if my lighting is decent, and the sound is clear, things like that. I'm not expecting someone to just do this out of the kindness of their heart, I'd be willing to throw some tokens your way or cash app, whatever is clever.

My username on chaturbate is mlsjrp420(I would post a link but once again terrified of breaking forum etiquette!)

Signed,
Clueless Camgirl

Hi, I definitely don't think you should/would need to pay anyone to take 10 mins of their time to help you. Most people spend more than that browsing and replying to discussions here for free, plus many models know exactly what you are experiencing because they have been through the same (or are currently going through it). So I honestly can't imagine other models making to pay them (cash or tokens) to try to give some advice. From what I have seen here every one is super nice and helps one another. It isn't an "everyone for themselves" scenario -- which is honestly fantastic to see.

I would suggest maybe before you broadcast, 15 mins or more, maybe come here and post an "I will be online in XX minutes, can someone pop by and view to see?" so then we can catch you online.

I am not a model myself I am just a viewer/customer/fan, but I wouldn't mind giving you any kind of feedback if I am able to catch you on (I am in the UK so if you're US, times may be difficult).

Edit:
Also to add, you can place your Chaturbate URL in your profile so people can easily find it (I know you put your name in your post - but this way you don't need to do that each time)

Upvote 0
Hi, I definitely don't think you should/would need to pay anyone to take 10 mins of their time to help you. Most people spend more than that browsing and replying to discussions here for free, plus many models know exactly what you are experiencing because they have been through the same (or are currently going through it). So I honestly can't imagine other models making to pay them (cash or tokens) to try to give some advice. From what I have seen here every one is super nice and helps one another. It isn't an "everyone for themselves" scenario -- which is honestly fantastic to see.

I would suggest maybe before you broadcast, 15 mins or more, maybe come here and post an "I will be online in XX minutes, can someone pop by and view to see?" so then we can catch you online.

I am not a model myself I am just a viewer/customer/fan, but I wouldn't mind giving you any kind of feedback if I am able to catch you on (I am in the UK so if you're US, times may be difficult).

Edit:
Also to add, you can place your Chaturbate URL in your profile so people can easily find it (I know you put your name in your post - but this way you don't need to do that each time)

Honestly... spending time figuring out why another model’s room isn’t doing well, watching her stream, seeing her engage in different activities and then coming up with a strategy or a plan for her is not what we normally do here, it’s a LOT of work and it requires the “tutor” to be very experienced in problem solving while broadcasting as well as having the capacity to explain and teach her know-how.

While many of us on ACF are constantly helping models and sharing insights, what we normally do is help models with a specific problem or question to solve it. In this case we have a new camgirl who doesn’t know what her problem is and can’t describe it for us and what she wants is for someone to look into her room and figure out what her problem is and then offer her a tailored solution.. this type of personalized help is rare and it won’t necessarily be of use to other models. So it makes sense for someone who is looking for a personal tutor to offer compensation for this as nobody is expected to invest time, effort and experience for free.

For a while I offered 3 different tutoring programs for models, one of which was troubleshooting and creating a success plan, and I would have taken up your case, but I stopped doing it because I don’t have the time and the compensation was still too low for me compared to my hourly when broadcasting yet too high for a struggling model. The cases I did took me about 20-30 hours of work and I made what I make when I am on cam for 1 hour.

Someone could take your offer and you should maybe post the range of compensation you are willing to do. Another option is to post specific questions or problems you face with as much detail as you can so we can give you advice without investing so much time. Already from your message the tip I can give you is to get a new account with a more memorable model name. The name you chose looks more like a password and people won’t remember it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't completely agree with Mila but I really think that she's absolutely right in the last paragraph.
It's very important to create a memorable brand name.

Member looks at you and thinks, "oh, I like SmartJenny but I don't have any time right now so I'll come back later".
Two weeks later, he's finally got some time for this kind of stuff and he thinks, "I liked a girl... what was her nickname? Oh, yeah, SmartJenny. I'll go and check out her room now".

And that's kinda problematic for member to recall anything when your nickname is something like "stfhgd46".
Not all people have a fantastic memory. Some of us got a pretty bad one.

"There was such a cute girl. What was her nickname? St... something... 4.... oh, nevermind, I'll go and find another one".

Your nickname should be pretty easy to remember and should remind people of you somehow at the same time.

For example, this forum has been created by AmberCutie.
Her name is Amber and she's a cutie. Her nickname is closely related to her online persona and easy to remember and recall if you forgot to follow her somewhere.

That's a marketing trick.

A well-chosen name isn't the key to success. But it's a prominent aspect that leads to success in some way.

Upvote 0
The best thing to do as new is get eggs in your basket. Try other sites, clips, phone/texting.

The worse thing to do is when starting out is limiting yourself to one camsite when you are struggling. Some models can get away with only working one site when starting out and be fine. Spread yourself across.

If you haven't read everything on this site or other's similar like stripperweb's camming connection. do so. I definitely recommend getting verified here. There is a lot more juicy sensitive information.

I think it's also important to remember you are new but you have made it longer since most of you started in June! Congratulations! That is something positive to look at. You are obviously eager to learn, and luckily you are at the right spot.

Also it's important to figure out your niche. What makes you special that other people want to see. What sets you apart? I post this video a lot, but it's so true in the world of entertainment.

Upvote 0

Signed,
Clueless Camgirl

I'd be willing to watch your stream and maybe chat with you some to see if anything immediately sticks out to me. If not, I can still give you all the advice I have. I only started last summer but I still feel like I've learned a lot and I feel like I've been doing pretty well. I was in your position not very long ago and was super grateful for all the help I got from other models. Wish I found these forums earlier, but still I've gotten so much advice from models here and I'd love to "pay it forward" so to speak :)

If there's someone more experienced who also wants to do it that's fine too but I'm definitely happy to help and think there's a good chance I could have some good input. Inbox me if you want with your cam times and I can see when I can watch you some. I'm also thinking there's probably a good chance the real issue isn't with your actual cam show and possibly more with how you manage things offline. In my experience bad video, subpar lighting, etc won't really kill you unless it's REALLY bad. So we can talk about all the offline stuff too if you like. I've had a lot of trial and error that I've learned from.

Upvote 0

Edit:
I really appreciate you offering to come take a look. I’m open to any suggestions you might have and I will definitely post something in the forum before broadcasting next time for the very generous folks willing to offer their two cents for free. It makes sense to get a viewers perspective bc in the end...that’s who I’m trying to please.👍🏼😄

Reactions: Slapstick
Upvote 0
Honestly... spending time figuring out why another model’s room isn’t doing well, watching her stream, seeing her engage in different activities and then coming up with a strategy or a plan for her is not what we normally do here, it’s a LOT of work and it requires the “tutor” to be very experienced in problem solving while broadcasting as well as having the capacity to explain and teach her know-how.

While many of us on ACF are constantly helping models and sharing insights, what we normally do is help models with a specific problem or question to solve it. In this case we have a new camgirl who doesn’t know what her problem is and can’t describe it for us and what she wants is for someone to look into her room and figure out what her problem is and then offer her a tailored solution.. this type of personalized help is rare and it won’t necessarily be of use to other models. So it makes sense for someone who is looking for a personal tutor to offer compensation for this as nobody is expected to invest time, effort and experience for free.

For a while I offered 3 different tutoring programs for models, one of which was troubleshooting and creating a success plan, and I would have taken up your case, but I stopped doing it because I don’t have the time and the compensation was still too low for me compared to my hourly when broadcasting yet too high for a struggling model. The cases I did took me about 20-30 hours of work and I made what I make when I am on cam for 1 hour.

Someone could take your offer and you should maybe post the range of compensation you are willing to do. Another option is to post specific questions or problems you face with as much detail as you can so we can give you advice without investing so much time. Already from your message the tip I can give you is to get a new account with a more memorable model name. The name you chose looks more like a password and people won’t remember it
I truly appreciate you taking the time to give such a detailed response. Sure do wish you were offering those tutor services still, sounds like exactly what I need. Can you point me in the direction of someone or recommend someone that does offer this service?

You are absolutely right about my username. When I chose that random sequence of letters as a username it was bc my fiancé intended on broadcasting with me and we were having a hard time agreeing on a username😂. I’ve been hesitant to email support about this bc I don’t want to lose my 4000 followers that I have under my password style username. I’ve read conflicting statements in multiple forums about whether or not they let you keep your followers and/or also give you the ‘new’ tag again. I have a stage name, it’s the same for my snap, manyvids, onlyfans, sextpanther, mfc, cam4, camsoda, streammate and I’m sure I’m forgetting 1 or two others and I already have another cb acct set up using that stage name as a username, but I have yet to broadcast under that yet.🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️Ready to quit but not going to, I really like this job a lot I just don’t want to struggle so much making an amount I can feel comfortable with.

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
How many hours a week did you bust your ass a week in that grocery store that you hated? I see you only broadcasted for 21-23 hours in the last 30 days.
I was working 25-30ish hours a week at this grocery store. Pretty sure my hourly pay rate didn’t even break $10/hr. And I dreaded going there every single day I was on the schedule.
Honestly the past couple of weeks I’ve been in a slump so I wanted to stay off of cam bc I didn’t want to pass my negative vibes to someone else lol. Before my slump I was on almost every single night for a few hours at least.

Upvote 0
The best thing to do as new is get eggs in your basket. Try other sites, clips, phone/texting.

The worse thing to do is when starting out is limiting yourself to one camsite when you are struggling. Some models can get away with only working one site when starting out and be fine. Spread yourself across.

If you haven't read everything on this site or other's similar like stripperweb's camming connection. do so. I definitely recommend getting verified here. There is a lot more juicy sensitive information.

I think it's also important to remember you are new but you have made it longer since most of you started in June! Congratulations! That is something positive to look at. You are obviously eager to learn, and luckily you are at the right spot.

Also it's important to figure out your niche. What makes you special that other people want to see. What sets you apart? I post this video a lot, but it's so true in the world of entertainment.

I definitely haven’t limited myself to one camsite, but chaturbate is absolutely where I’ve had the most success really my only success.
I’ve tried mfc, cam4, bongacams, camsoda, streammate. I also have active profiles on onlyfans, manyvids, and sextpanther. I’m active on Twitter, insta, snap, Kik.
Half of me wishes I hadn’t wasted all that time signing up for all these other websites when none of them measure up to cb. None of them even come close to what I’ve made on cb.
Read on the forum guidelines here that you have to post and make yourself known in the forums before becoming verified so here I am.

I wish I had a niche. Or a special talent. I think that might be my downfall in the camworld. But camming has also helped me learn to love my body and become more comfortable with voicing my opinion to people even if they intimidate me. That is honestly what I love about the job so very much. And I really enjoy talking to people and getting to know them and what makes them tick so to speak. I really want to be good at this. I want people to look forward to talking to me as much as I look forward to talking to them.🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: Mila_ and AudriTwo
Upvote 0
I definitely haven’t limited myself to one camsite, but chaturbate is absolutely where I’ve had the most success really my only success.
I’ve tried mfc, cam4, bongacams, camsoda, streammate. I also have active profiles on onlyfans, manyvids, and sextpanther. I’m active on Twitter, insta, snap, Kik.
Half of me wishes I hadn’t wasted all that time signing up for all these other websites when none of them measure up to cb. None of them even come close to what I’ve made on cb.
Read on the forum guidelines here that you have to post and make yourself known in the forums before becoming verified so here I am.

I wish I had a niche. Or a special talent. I think that might be my downfall in the camworld. But camming has also helped me learn to love my body and become more comfortable with voicing my opinion to people even if they intimidate me. That is honestly what I love about the job so very much. And I really enjoy talking to people and getting to know them and what makes them tick so to speak. I really want to be good at this. I want people to look forward to talking to me as much as I look forward to talking to them.🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
You can always find a niche or special talent! When I was a new cam bb I spent a lot of time honing my deepthroat game, and my income shot up. Later when I got my fuck machine that became my new niche and I got another boost! Others have found success by learning how to do amazing role plays, creative games, or even just by having a really memorable camspace! Compare what members are asking for with what models are offering. You’ll start to see markets you can cater to.

Upvote 0
You can always find a niche or special talent! When I was a new cam bb I spent a lot of time honing my deepthroat game, and my income shot up. Later when I got my fuck machine that became my new niche and I got another boost! Others have found success by learning how to do amazing role plays, creative games, or even just by having a really memorable camspace! Compare what members are asking for with what models are offering. You’ll start to see markets you can cater to.

Kinda off topic, how did you get better at deepthroating? :haha: That skill would come in handy in my relationship 🤔

Reactions: xxbettyboobs
Upvote 0
❤️❤️❤️❤️I appreciate this so very much. This has been really insightful and encouraging to read at the same time. Kinda makes me want to go out there and suck today’s dick lmao. You are awesome darling!

• Hugs
Reactions: AngelicaVee
Upvote 0
I truly appreciate you taking the time to give such a detailed response. Sure do wish you were offering those tutor services still, sounds like exactly what I need. Can you point me in the direction of someone or recommend someone that does offer this service?

You are absolutely right about my username. When I chose that random sequence of letters as a username it was bc my fiancé intended on broadcasting with me and we were having a hard time agreeing on a username😂. I’ve been hesitant to email support about this bc I don’t want to lose my 4000 followers that I have under my password style username. I’ve read conflicting statements in multiple forums about whether or not they let you keep your followers and/or also give you the ‘new’ tag again. I have a stage name, it’s the same for my snap, manyvids, onlyfans, sextpanther, mfc, cam4, camsoda, streammate and I’m sure I’m forgetting 1 or two others and I already have another cb acct set up using that stage name as a username, but I have yet to broadcast under that yet.🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️Ready to quit but not going to, I really like this job a lot I just don’t want to struggle so much making an amount I can feel comfortable with.

Oh that’s wonderful! If you already have a stage name/persona you have done the hard work, you just need the confidence to reap the benefits :)

Here is what I would do if I was you: I would see this new account under your stage name as a clean slate, an opportunity to test a completely new approach without your followers seeing it.

Sometimes it is our past patterns the ones that hold us back. Think about your room from the perspective of a user. What kind of experience would you want the users to have when they enter your room? Are you going to be the approachable and genuine girl next door who doesn’t mind camming from her messy room and is an open book or do you want to be a polished and more theatrical/dramatic character on cam who provides a space for certain type of fantasy to develop?

Think about your own look and the look of your room and the cams you enjoy watching yourself as a user and come up with a show that you are excited about. Then give it a try under your new account where nobody follows you yet so you can test how you feel in that skin without feeling self conscious about your following seeing it. Experiment and have fun. You can always ask support to migrate your followers later

I loved this

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.