AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are CB Models Allowed to Sell Tokens to Viewers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I have had CB models ask me in the past to help them cash out tokens, typically when they have less than the 1000 minimum required for CB to cash them out. Are there any rules to prohibit doing this?

I have had CB models ask me in the past to help them cash out tokens, typically when they have less than the 1000 minimum required for CB to cash them out. Are there any rules to prohibit doing this?
There is no way that is allowed. Don’t be dumb dumb.

There is no way that is allowed. Don’t be dumb dumb.

You would think so, but I looked at their rules and could not find a prohibition on it. CB does implement an ability to transfer tokens from one user to another, so in absence of a clear rule I can understand why a model would ask.

This is under the TOS section 13 regarding Virtual Money,

"Transfers of Virtual Money are strictly prohibited except where explicitly authorized within the Service. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, you may not sell any Virtual Money for “real-world” money or otherwise exchange such items for value. "

Credit card fraud is a real issue on cam sites. Anytime you see anyone trying to sell you tokens just say no. Even if they think the tokens are legit, they could have come from some one who fraudulently purchased them.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
This is under the TOS section 13 regarding Virtual Money,

"Transfers of Virtual Money are strictly prohibited except where explicitly authorized within the Service. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, you may not sell any Virtual Money for “real-world” money or otherwise exchange such items for value. "

Thanks, that is clear enough.

When is it legal to transfer tokens? Can you legally gift tokens to someone?

Credit card fraud is a real issue on cam sites. Anytime you see anyone trying to sell you tokens just say no. Even if they think the tokens are legit, they could have come from some one who fraudulently purchased them.

Right, except I am dealing with friends, and they are just trying to cash out small amounts of tokens because they run small rooms.

In any case, if you cannot do that you cannot do that.

Thanks, that is clear enough.

When is it legal to transfer tokens? Can you legally gift tokens to someone?

@Smores
Now I am confused as well. I am verified on CB myself (but do not broadcast) and I offline tip other fellow members and they do so to me.
Is paying someone who makes Bots, gifs and custom Bio's on CB with tokens against the TOS as well?

@Smores
Now I am confused as well. I am verified on CB myself (but do not broadcast) and I offline tip other fellow members and they do so to me.
Is paying someone who makes Bots, gifs and custom Bio's on CB with tokens against the TOS as well?
I don't think it is, since you can tip people for all sorts of things. Even if it was they probably wouldn't enforce it as the rule is likely meant to stop models from undercutting CB selling tks for a cheaper rate.

Rules are obviously made to avoid black market around tokens.
Models could find advantage to sell token a higher price they get from CB and a better price than a viewer can buy them.

But yes, no problem to gift tokens between members (viewers or models) it's only in few studio that they tune their application to forbid they models to send tokens.

But I also had exchanged few tokens for marginal services on site. Like a bio offered to a model by paying the designer with tokens ie, or got tokens to tune a bot.
But that doesn't make a big market and stays exceptional.

After all, can't you better help this model by sending her the few tokens missing to make the 1k ? (as a gift, a loan or an advance on a service... ?)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
After all, can't you better help this model by sending her the few tokens missing to make the 1k ? (as a gift, a loan or an advance on a service... ?)

In at least two cases, the models wanted cash immediately for some small purchases. In another case, the model's method for being paid was not working or had some long delay associated with it. I never followed through on any of them.

@Smores

The rule sounds very absolute, but in practice I think what CB is trying to avoid is model's making a habit of selling very large numbers of tokens to viewers. Sending tokens to other models they appear to tolerate without many limits, but technically the rules do not seem to allow that. Paying a developer for services performed seems like a grey area. If you asked CB about this they might say no, and they might say yes, but in either case they appear to turn a blind eye to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.