AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Recording with OBS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. This isn’t a MFC specific question, but I start streaming there on Friday and wanted to know if anyone knew of a good tutorial for how to record your shows using OBS. I want to be able to make clips of stuff from the stream, but I’m kind of lost with this stuff.
There's a record button right on the main panel of OBS, just click that when you want to record. You'll need to run your microphone through OBS to have audio included, , and select recording resolution in OBS, that's the only part you might need a small tutorial for.

Upvote 0
There's a record button right on the main panel of OBS, just click that when you want to record. You'll need to run your microphone through OBS to have audio included, , and select recording resolution in OBS, that's the only part you might need a small tutorial for.

I have literally no idea how I missed this. I’m gonna blame it on college brain. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!

Upvote 0
I have literally no idea how I missed this. I’m gonna blame it on college brain. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question!
No problem, sorry I don't have more time right now to pull up the extra info for ya.

Upvote 0
you might also want to go to the video settings and chnage the recording file from a .flv to something more useable like a .mp4

Upvote 0
If your recording, and retaining all your shows, your probable going to need to pick up some storage at some point.

Cheap option is some thing like WD Elements Desktop Hard Drive USB 3.0. Like 8TB for 129 USD.

If your worried about the drive failing, you can always pickup a raid 1 storage device. QNAP makes pretty good storage devices that can grow with you, but they're more expensive. BlackBlaze has cheap cloud backup.

Upvote 0
If your recording, and retaining all your shows, your probable going to need to pick up some storage at some point.

Cheap option is some thing like WD Elements Desktop Hard Drive USB 3.0. Like 8TB for 129 USD.

If your worried about the drive failing, you can always pickup a raid 1 storage device. QNAP makes pretty good storage devices that can grow with you, but they're more expensive. BlackBlaze has cheap cloud backup.
Where did you find an 8TB drive for 129? That is insanely cheap, the cheapest I can find locally is $125 for 4tb lol

Upvote 0
Thank you, gonna book mark that, im always running out of storage space lol

God damn, they want $50 to ship here... I think it's still cheaper than buying an 8tb drive here though 😂

Upvote 0
you might also want to go to the video settings and chnage the recording file from a .flv to something more useable like a .mp4
Oooo, I wouldn’t have thought of that. Thanks.

luckily I already have one, but I’m sure I’ll need more not to long from now. 👍🏻 Thanks for the suggestion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.