AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CAM website, where a masturbating guy is the model and the girls are choosing

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you have to push your opinions with "exploiting", when I am interested purely to know the thoughts on the concept.
Yeah, many people replied with their opinions and thoughts on the concept and said that it wouldn't work.
My idea is to allow users to offer their own rate for just showing themselves.
Why do you have to bring "exploiting" here?
Because the vast majority of dudes who may want to join your site, will be trying to set the minimum possible rates.
Therefore, people who may agree to watch them for that kind of money, are in desperate need.
And you're gonna profit off of all that.
If CB let users set the price for c2c, they'd want c2c for 1 token. And yes, yet some models would be game out of this desperate need and the thought "I'll watch 100 dudes and get 100 tokens. If I watch 200 dudes, I'll get $10 so I can eat tomorrow".
And CB still would be getting profit. But how respectable the site would be?

Yeah, many people replied with their opinions and thoughts on the concept and said that it wouldn't work.

Because the vast majority of dudes who may want to join your site, will be trying to set the minimum possible rates.
Therefore, people who may agree to watch them for that kind of money, are in desperate need.
And you're gonna profit off of all that.
If CB let users set the price for c2c, they'd want c2c for 1 token. And yes, yet some models would be game out of this desperate need and the thought "I'll watch 100 dudes and get 100 tokens. If I watch 200 dudes, I'll get $10 so I can eat tomorrow".
And CB still would be getting profit. But how respectable the site would be?

Based on what you are describing the model that is offering the low price is the exploiter.
Besides that I shown before that Chaturbate has a category of 6 tokens per minute, that means they allow it. So they are an exploiter also?
Any platform that allows users to offer services is an exploiter? Odesk, Freelancer.com, craigslist or any bulletin board, any company that is outsourcing anything or having a factory in a third world
Wait wait, how do you define at which price is exploiting? A prostitute that is deciding to go earn 150EUR per hour in my country is being exploited also? because she is desperate for money and understands that she cannot make the same amount somewhere else?
How about a student who is underpaid in my country? so the companies that hire them are 'exploiting' them, instead of taking a normal employee and pay the full price, knowing that the student needs to eat so he will accept the lower fare?

On top of what everyone else has said, I think your audience or target market would be very small, too.
Models, for example, can be of any age as all ages are interesting and sexy to different people; some love teens, some prefers 20s, or like me, prefer 35+

This idea to me, IF it did manage to get off and work, would only attract under 30s. By this point, MOST have learned that women don't want to be watching cocks all the time, and definitely not for hours each day and every day.
From what I see, it's 18, 19, 20 and early 20s that are so obsessed with letting women see their penis.

Most after that 30 age range also understand and want more than just a sexy woman watching their dick... they/we want them to enjoy it and more. I think women watching too much dick every day, guys would be able to see from their faces how fake their enthusiasm is. On top of this, most people will need audio. Is this included in the c2c? Is it extra pricing? Is it not something you have considered?

On top of what everyone else has said, I think your audience or target market would be very small, too.
Models, for example, can be of any age as all ages are interesting and sexy to different people; some love teens, some prefers 20s, or like me, prefer 35+

This idea to me, IF it did manage to get off and work, would only attract under 30s. By this point, MOST have learned that women don't want to be watching cocks all the time, and definitely not for hours each day and every day.
From what I see, it's 18, 19, 20 and early 20s that are so obsessed with letting women see their penis.

Most after that 30 age range also understand and want more than just a sexy woman watching their dick... they/we want them to enjoy it and more. I think women watching too much dick every day, guys would be able to see from their faces how fake their enthusiasm is. On top of this, most people will need audio. Is this included in the c2c? Is it extra pricing? Is it not something you have considered?

From a quick view on chatroullete, you can see any age. Lots of really old guys also.

Why audio shouldn't be included? Don't get the issue here..
You're talking about specific details for different audiences. This is something specific and no one said it has to be a replacement for regular modeling or for a day work or anything like that. I was interested in the concept and actually I got already the information I wanted to know :)

Thanks for the replies.

Why do you have to push your opinions with "exploiting"

What this has to do with exploiting?

There's a ton of people who try coming into this industry just trying to make a quick buck off of sex workers without really caring whatsoever about them or their well being. Your comments about EE models came off as exploitative because you basically said "Well, since it looks like not many models here are interested in making pennies I'll go try to get EE models/models I think really need the couple cents to sign up when/if I eventually make a site".

Example: I'm renovating my house and have a huge ass mess in the yard from the construction. I can hire a professional cleaning crew to take care of it, but they quote me $300. So instead I go find immigrants or people who are down on their luck and jobless to clean up the mess, but I offer them $30 bucks, knowing that I can get away with offering a hell of a lot less for essentially the same work/outcome because they really need the money. Yeah, you can do it, but it's morally fucked up.

In the end, it's your money and your time so if you want to try starting up the site, go for it. You seem pretty hellbent on it. However, as was already said, you're more than likely not going to like the outcome. Recently there have been multiple sites that have leaked highly sensitive personal data due to negligence on the company's and certain employee's parts, which was what the ImLive comment was about. Why would anyone, model or member, trust a brand new site during a time when established sites are being shown to not be totally trusted with personal information? And on a model's part, the prospect of less than minimum wage isn't worth risking your identity/banking information/etc. I also don't think you've really thought about all the costs associated with starting up and running an adult site. Even if you did have a decent amount of paying members, at less than $0.50 a minute you wouldn't even break even after paying your models, processing fees, etc.

Also, I'm unsure if this has already been brought up since I've kinda been skimming through the comments, but you've mentioned chatroullete and how it's the dudes yanking it on there that gave you this idea, so I'm guessing they would be your targeted member audience. Why would they pay, even if it is just a few cents, when they can just keep jerking it and getting off on the voyeur aspect of it for free? I mean, they could even go on Chaturbate and jerk off, because from my understanding voyeur accounts (that can't accept tokens) don't even need to be verified. So that they can pick the girls watching them from their pictures? But, from the way everything else was worded it sounded like since the models wouldn't have to do a show they don't need to even go on cam? Just watch the dude's cam? So it could basically be anyone just using those pictures. Even if that isn't the case, there's still a whole lot of other issues that you would need to consider. But again, if you want to spend your money starting up this site then that's all you.

There was no exploit in what you described.
Most people will try to get the best price/quality combination always in everything they do. This is a normal human behavior.
They are providing job for the people who are seeking it. If they wouldn't these people wouldn't get the money or would have to accept something even lower paid.
They didn't ask them to do anything immoral, they just asked them to do their job and for the price agreed.

If you really want to go into this, then the problem is in the "system" and not in the people who are exploiting.
If the quality of life in that country is creating these conditions for these people, it's not the fault of the people who hire them, it's the fault of the "system".
Please read FACTFULNESS, this is a book for example, where this is explained.

Kids that are working for factories in poor countries are doing it by choice also, because the other alternative is worse for them. maybe you see it as "exploit", because that's what your media wants to show you, but actually these jobs are saving them from hunger / providing them with a higher quality of life. if they would hire someone else, these kids would have a lower quality of life.

• Wat?!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
There's a ton of people who try coming into this industry just trying to make a quick buck off of sex workers without really caring whatsoever about them or their well being. Your comments about EE models came off as exploitative because you basically said "Well, since it looks like not many models here are interested in making pennies I'll go try to get EE models/models I think really need the couple cents to sign up when/if I eventually make a site".

Example: I'm renovating my house and have a huge ass mess in the yard from the construction. I can hire a professional cleaning crew to take care of it, but they quote me $300. So instead I go find immigrants or people who are down on their luck and jobless to clean up the mess, but I offer them $30 bucks, knowing that I can get away with offering a hell of a lot less for essentially the same work/outcome because they really need the money. Yeah, you can do it, but it's morally fucked up.

In the end, it's your money and your time so if you want to try starting up the site, go for it. You seem pretty hellbent on it. However, as was already said, you're more than likely not going to like the outcome. Recently there have been multiple sites that have leaked highly sensitive personal data due to negligence on the company's and certain employee's parts, which was what the ImLive comment was about. Why would anyone, model or member, trust a brand new site during a time when established sites are being shown to not be totally trusted with personal information? And on a model's part, the prospect of less than minimum wage isn't worth risking your identity/banking information/etc. I also don't think you've really thought about all the costs associated with starting up and running an adult site. Even if you did have a decent amount of paying members, at less than $0.50 a minute you wouldn't even break even after paying your models, processing fees, etc.

Also, I'm unsure if this has already been brought up since I've kinda been skimming through the comments, but you've mentioned chatroullete and how it's the dudes yanking it on there that gave you this idea, so I'm guessing they would be your targeted member audience. Why would they pay, even if it is just a few cents, when they can just keep jerking it and getting off on the voyeur aspect of it for free? I mean, they could even go on Chaturbate and jerk off, because from my understanding voyeur accounts (that can't accept tokens) don't even need to be verified. So that they can pick the girls watching them from their pictures? But, from the way everything else was worded it sounded like since the models wouldn't have to do a show they don't need to even go on cam? Just watch the dude's cam? So it could basically be anyone just using those pictures. Even if that isn't the case, there's still a whole lot of other issues that you would need to consider. But again, if you want to spend your money starting up this site then that's all you.

As for the business part, indeed, need to make a calculation to see at which price it pays off. The thread was to get an opinion about the concept.

rename this thread to "how to exploit impoverished women and excuse it with good old capitalism"

Uh, it’s exploiting because you’re going after a target audience who desperately need money and are willing to take way less than they should because they may have dire financial circumstances. Just because you find someone willing to work a $300 job for $30 doesn’t mean they’re worth only $30. It’s probably because they’re fucking hungry.

you’ve gotten great feedback on your flawed business plan but still proceed to be an obtuse jerk. Most of those “EE models” you want to target work for a studio who would also take a huge cut of any pennies they make.

I mean, the average dude could easily wank in under 2 min. Probably a min if he’s the type that would want this cheap ass site idea. I’m not watching anything for 30 cents a minute before taxes. Maybe charge a $5 connection fee and then the rate per min. Otherwise you’re just looking for student girls (gross dude) that you can use as cheap labor until they realize how they’re getting fucked over.

I’m not totally caught up but based on my knowledge of adult friendly payment processors, you would have a difficult time having such low prices anyway unless you worked off of a wallet/token like system.

Uh, it’s exploiting because you’re going after a target audience who desperately need money and are willing to take way less than they should because they may have dire financial circumstances. Just because you find someone willing to work a $300 job for $30 doesn’t mean they’re worth only $30. It’s probably because they’re fucking hungry.

you’ve gotten great feedback on your flawed business plan but still proceed to be an obtuse jerk. Most of those “EE models” you want to target work for a studio who would also take a huge cut of any pennies they make.

I mean, the average dude could easily wank in under 2 min. Probably a min if he’s the type that would want this cheap ass site idea. I’m not watching anything for 30 cents a minute before taxes. Maybe charge a $5 connection fee and then the rate per min. Otherwise you’re just looking for student girls (gross dude) that you can use as cheap labor until they realize how they’re getting fucked over.

You call it "exploiting". I am calling it "feeding the hungry. ok?" :)
Actually it's just a plaform and I have provided you with countless arguments on which no one has responded on this matter.

The connection charge idea is an interesting one. Thanks!

• Wat?!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I’m not totally caught up but based on my knowledge of adult friendly payment processors, you would have a difficult time having such low prices anyway unless you worked off of a wallet/token like system.

Noted, something to check.
Thanks!

You call it "exploiting". I am calling it "feeding the hungry. ok? :)
I have provided you with countless arguments on which no one has responded on this matter.

The connection charge idea is an interesting one. Thanks!
I’m all for a capitalist society which is why I love camming. But I wouldn’t work for someone/site who clearly doesn’t VALUE the people actually bringing money in. You’re basically a pimp for peanuts.
No one has responded to your arguments because we are too busy eye rolling.

I’m all for a capitalist society which is why I love camming. But I wouldn’t work for someone/site who clearly doesn’t VALUE the people actually bringing money in. You’re basically a pimp for peanuts.
No one has responded to your arguments because we are too busy eye rolling.

The c2c website is valuing you, because you give profit to the website, so it's in the interest of the website to keep you happy. If you would be happy with lower conditions they would lower them to maximize their profits.
If you think they value you for another reason, please read FACTFULNESS (or any other book on this topic) :)

The c2c website is valuing you, because you give profit to the website, so it's in the interest of the website to keep you happy. If you would be happy with lower conditions they would lower them to maximize their profits.
If you think they value you for another reason, please read FACTFULNESS (or any other book on this topic) :)
You are argumentative, stubborn and mentally draining... I'm sure your wonderful site needs some work to get on it's feet haha... so best go get started before someone steals your amazing idea.

Dude, I’m sure you think I’m an idiot cam girl, but I have two fucking degrees in business and management. I don’t need to be lectured by a moron who thought one day it would be a great idea to have a woman watch him wank and not actually pay more than a coffee for the pleasure. Many of the other models here have shit tons of education and even better real life FACTUAL application on how to run a successful cam business model. Your idea sucked, we pointed it out and yet here you are still trying to show how smart you are(n’t).
working for cam sites are mutual benefits. I benefit from their traffic and payment ease and they benefit by my being fucking awesome. If your site doesn’t have any real benefits other than being EXPLOITATIVE you won’tbe successful. I suggest you actually see the business value good talent would add to a platform.

You call it "exploiting". I am calling it "feeding the hungry. ok?" :)

Gross.

If you cared about feeding the hungry, you'd give them wages that would allow them to support themselves and thrive. You'd pay them what they deserve, not the least amount you can get away with. If you cared about your models as human beings, you wouldn't throw them pennies and then pat yourself on the back for being an outstanding person. You're not taking care of them - you're taking advantage of people's desperation to build wealth. Who wants to work for a company that is so clearly preying on desperate models? Who will gleefully use your hardship against you in order to profit. No one wants to work for vultures. That kind of behavior is the lowest of the low.

I mean, go ahead and pour your money into this project, bb. I'd wish you luck but based on your attitude in this thread, I can already see just how much success this project is going to bring to you.

You are argumentative, stubborn and mentally draining... I'm sure your wonderful site needs some work to get on it's feet haha... so best go get started before someone steals your amazing idea.

I am actually trolling you already for a while :D
Said long ago thanks for the responses and that I got my answers.
But some really insisted on lecturing me on ethics. Well, why not then ;)

All I see is Eastern Europe on these websites.
If all you see on camsites is Eastern European models, you're doing SOMETHING wrong. Yes, there's a pretty good amount from there, but there's also loads of models from other parts of the world.

And no amount of "but it's the system that's exploitative, not me" is going to fool us, boy-o, we may show our tits for money but if you think that means we're stupid, you're in for a rude awakening.

I get the humor dude, but you are also upsetting real people here, or at least ruffling their feathers. And that comment you made telling Danigirl, to go read a book, which you have since reworded using edit feature, was really demeaning and unfair. It would all be funny if we were not living in a world, where real people are doing this type of stuff to each other all the time, and people are suffering because of it. Like try to reconnect with your humanity, seriously. Or go ask your parents if they can up your allowance, so you can go out and do something today.

I get the humor dude, but you are also upsetting real people here, or at least ruffling their feathers. And that comment you made telling Danigirl, to go read a book, which you have since reworded using edit feature, was really demeaning and unfair. It would all be funny if we were not living in a world, where real people are doing this type of stuff to each other all the time, and people are suffering because of it. Like try to reconnect with your humanity, seriously. Or go ask your parents if they can up your allowance, so you can go out and do something today.

I was too hasty because of offending replies, then my empathy took over and I reworded it. You gotta appreciate the effort..

Reactions: MarieElise

Because everyone wants to work for a company who thinks trolling is an acceptable response from an actual adult, someone who expects to be trusted with all sorts of personal information from models and customers alike. Nope, not childish at all. Totally reflects fantastically on your business, management, and interpersonal skills. With such a caring heart, with such an air of responsibility, maturity and total trustworthiness, I can tell you're going to go so far in the adult industry!

Dear models, I'm going to sleep.
I will not be able to read your angry replies, but I know it won't stop you.

And yet, I wish you a productive shift, make some dudes happy and make them pay well for it with their tokens, because they are desperate for attention and only you can give it to them.

I am happy I got the attention of so many models without spending a token :angelic:

My dude, if you take your business plan to a group of industry professionals and they almost unilaterally give you negative feedback, I promise you the problem is that they do not understand- the problem is your business plan. No amount of arguing changes that common denominator.

Maybe just take this up with your bookclub. I bet y'all love Ayn Rand.

Status
Not open for further replies.