AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The downfall of MFC... Myth or reality?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everything will be just fine.

Some of the myths out there right now:

MFC is dying.
MFC bought Onlyfans so they could bail on MFC.
They are bailing on MFC because they're losing money. (This is fkn LAUGHABLE AF)
MFC admins/programmers have given up with tech issues and don't care about the site.
MFC doesn't realize Flash is going away, they're doing nothing to fix it!

It's all bullpucky. They're going through a rough patch while trying to get these technical upgrades done to their streaming (and viewing) process in preparation for Flash to be completely gone later this year. Sure, it's causing some people to leave out of frustration, but those of us who stick it out will reap the benefits of it.

My room sizes got smaller over the last 5 years but I'm still making the same tokens per hour than I ever was, still getting the same amount of new chatters and tippers than I ever was, (well with exception of my first year or so when I worked triple the hours I do now, but that's nothing to do with the traffic or tech issues now.)

While this rough patch gets worked out, it's understandable to get frustrated and look for other means to supplement your income if you're having trouble getting the stream right at MFC. But don't write it off, and certainly, PLEASE, don't be one of the people perpetuating these negative stigmas about MFC, because you'll only make the problem worse by making more members hesitant to spend their money on you there.
(The general "you", not directly @Mfcalana)

Personally, here’s my uninformed speculation:

The webcam model industry is saturated by anyone with an okay internet connection and a webcam. This is on MFC, Twitch, CB and other streaming sites. while they come and go, there are way more models now than a couple of years ago. I want to say at least 3-400 more at any given time.
I also think we’re starting to see fractures in the economy due to various things such as trade negotiations, Brexit and now Coronavirus. People say it is at record levels. But, I question disposable income due to rising costs. Usually it is frivolous spending that goes first. If any models were around in some work capacity during the last recession they might provide more insight.
Add to all of this, more venues to spend money on models. Only so much money to go around...

Of course I could be very wrong. Just my .02 tokens worth.

Also, in general to all the people that just use the word "LAG" to describe any issue they run into on MFC... please can you be more specific? People throw this word around but if we want things fixed or to give feedback, we have to be more detailed. Is the video feed jumping? freezing? white screening? are you showing offline? is audio desynced from the video? are you getting kicked offline repeatedly? And furthermore: which broadcasting mode are you using? what are your OBS settings (if you're using that either as virtual cam or rtmp)? how is your internet speed?

Personally, here’s my uninformed speculation:

The webcam model industry is saturated by anyone with an okay internet connection and a webcam. This is on MFC, Twitch, CB and other streaming sites. while they come and go, there are way more models now than a couple of years ago. I want to say at least 3-400 more at any given time.
I also think we’re starting to see fractures in the economy due to various things such as trade negotiations, Brexit and now Coronavirus. People say it is at record levels. But, I question disposable income due to rising costs. Usually it is frivolous spending that goes first. If any models were around in some work capacity during the last recession they might provide more insight.
Add to all of this, more venues to spend money on models. Only so much money to go around...

Of course I could be very wrong. Just my .02 tokens worth.
And for sure, as far as at least some of the "traffic issues", this has so much to do with it.

And who's to say that once the streaming process gets the kinks worked out that traffic won't improve?

And for sure, as far as at least some of the "traffic issues", this has so much to do with it.

And who's to say that once the streaming process gets the kinks worked out that traffic won't improve?

Im hopeful for you and other models that whatever technical issues MFC is working through things pick up again.
I still think there’s untapped markets out there. But, I really wonder what impact they will have both positive and negative to camsites.

Reactions: AmberCutie
There's way more models than there were before, so while it might feel like there's less traffic, it's more so that viewers have more options.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm actually able to earn more money consistently now than I have been in years past, and I've been around since 2011. Being a niche that's been getting a little more mainstream in the past few years is definitely helping with that, BBW used to be pretty taboo but now it's a top-searched term on a lot of adult sites.

Maybe one way to check if MFC is losing money is by checking your rank. If MFC was losing money and say you’re ranked #350 for the month of February but you’ve made less money than when you were ranked #350 in July 2019. I find this not to be the case so there are girls still making racks.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Maybe one way to check if MFC is losing money is by checking your rank. If MFC was losing money and say you’re ranked #350 for the month of February but you’ve made less money than when you were ranked #350 in July 2019. I find this not to be the case so there are girls still making racks.
Mine have been extremely consistent through the years since about 2014. That was when it started taking MUCH MORE to move up.

What about the downfall of cb? There are hours I can sit and not attract anyone into my room, it’s a real hit to my self esteem and I start to wonder what’s wrong with me. Trying not to take it personal but it is hard to do when it keeps happening? And it’s happening as I write this.

I dunno, maybe some of us who have been around since the early days of MFC aren't finding the status quo that daunting because it is still so amazing compared to the tech gliches we had before the model web broadcaster even existed... or that we survived the 1st or last day of the month complete site crashes when we were competing for top 20... or when we had no way to sell videos/pics/clubs directly on the site.

Maybe we appreciate it more, and newer folks don't know how good things really still are, even given the fact that we have issues the site is knowingly and willingly working on right now.

What about the downfall of cb? There are hours I can sit and not attract anyone into my room, it’s a real hit to my self esteem and I start to wonder what’s wrong with me. Trying not to take it personal but it is hard to do when it keeps happening? And it’s happening as I write this.
Yes, it's an issue of cam girls/cam sites in general being much more popular for earners. It isn't just MFC that feels different, traffic wise. (From what I've learned just listening to other models the past couple years.) The market is oversaturated with earners.

While this rough patch gets worked out, it's understandable to get frustrated and look for other means to supplement your income if you're having trouble getting the stream right at MFC. But don't write it off, and certainly, PLEASE, don't be one of the people perpetuating these negative stigmas about MFC, because you'll only make the problem worse by making more members hesitant to spend their money on you there.
(The general "you", not directly @Mfcalana)

Yes that’s why I posted here and not twitter. I can see this having a negative effect. Thanks for your answer. I’m hoping that sticking it out will be rewarding and that MFC has some things in store.. new marketing, fixing issues... I did calculate how much time I spend on MFC and it’s a lot less than I used to cause of all the side things I do now. Need to go back to being more consistent on MFC or decide what I want to be my priority between that and other things I do. I just wish they communicated more with us on what their plan is.

By the way: I say "earner" as cam model or otherwise person who signs up on a site to earn a paycheck (MV, OF, Cam Sites) vs. being a "viewer" as a member on a cam site.

There are TONS of people who aren't even in the adult industry flocking to Onlyfans to try to "earn" which is even saturating THAT market for us cam models.

By the way: I say "earner" as cam model or otherwise person who signs up on a site to earn a paycheck (MV, OF, Cam Sites) vs. being a "viewer" as a member on a cam site.

There are TONS of people who aren't even in the adult industry flocking to Onlyfans to try to "earn" which is even saturating THAT market for us cam models.

Yep, been a complaint of mine for a long time and have posted about it a number of times. Recently, I commented about how even the subreddits are getting overwhelmed with ads for OF by randoms. While I am not against people trying to earn money, it becomes a major timesuck and eventual discouragement for those of us who are looking for quality content. Which then most likely turns into a purchase to support content creators who put effort into what they do.

every model who complains about mfc traffic should post her camscore for all to see then lets have a discussion well informed otherwise it is not well informed
am making same amount when ranking i did over the past 2 years sometimes it needs more and sometimes less difference being never more than 1k tokens

Google trends says it was quite diminishing since 2015, but it's more or less stable now. I'm very curious about what happened Jan 2016
Chaturbate has the same trend btw... Probably, some law came into force in EU at the end of the year 2015, because this drop exists only for EU countries, and in other big non-EU countries like USA, Russia, Japan it's still is but more like an echo from EU.

Attachments

• 1582178576760.png
    1582178576760.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 1582178633726.png
    1582178633726.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Helpful!
every model who complains about mfc traffic should post her camscore for all to see then lets have a discussion well informed otherwise it is not well informed
am making same amount when ranking i did over the past 2 years sometimes it needs more and sometimes less difference being never more than 1k tokens

i don’t know that cam score would say much since no one really knows exactly how it’s calculated. I do know mine fell by 2000 points in the last month and a half

Reactions: Lili_xo
no one really knows exactly how it’s calculated
While not exact, being a verified model on this forum you should have access to and have seen our MFC camscore thread. We've got it pretty nailed. :)

While I don't agree that people need to post their camscore in order to be trusted in their judgement, it is good to gauge if a models' camscore is going up or down significantly, or what they are usually at to determine if room count is a factor, etc.

Mine has been pretty consistent, given that I've kept a routine schedule of "mega months" through the last 4 years or so. I maintain somewhere between 8000-13,000 depending on the time of year. And as I said, things have been very average/stable for me in that time frame. (the big fluctuation is mega months being 2-3 times the tokens as a usual month.)

While not exact, being a verified model on this forum you should have access to and have seen our MFC camscore thread. We've got it pretty nailed. :)

While I don't agree that people need to post their camscore in order to be trusted in their judgement, it is good to gauge if a models' camscore is going up or down significantly, or what they are usually at to determine if room count is a factor, etc.

Mine has been pretty consistent, given that I've kept a routine schedule of "mega months" through the last 4 years or so. I maintain somewhere between 8000-13,000 depending on the time of year. And as I said, things have been very average/stable for me in that time frame. (the big fluctuation is mega months being 2-3 times the tokens as a usual month.)

This is just me being analytical. But, do you keep track of just tokens/camscore per month? Or, do you break it down to include also number of tippers and possibly average amount per tipping member?

I think camscore may be a good base for average. But I think the details of breaking it down further would be beneficial.

I've gotta say, the title of this thread had me nervous as a super newbie, but the content has made me a million times more confident!

Amber, thanks for providing some perspective on how things used to be...I definitely felt a lot of surprise logging into model admin the first time.

& thanks for a glimpse into the effort to get MFC ready for the changes re:flash. I was searching that this morning and couldn't find much about specific site response.

This is just me being analytical. But, do you keep track of just tokens/camscore per month? Or, do you break it down to include also number of tippers and possibly average amount per tipping member?
I keep track of tokens per HOUR online. That's what it's all about. Tokens over time per the last 60 calendar days. Down the the hour. No matter how many tippers, ratings, size of tips, etc.

We also know that the basis is averaged over how many models are at the baseline of 1000 tokens per hour over the current/last 60 day period. There's a calculation/formula posted in the models only section.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I keep track of tokens per HOUR online. That's what it's all about. Tokens over time per the last 60 calendar days. Down the the hour. No matter how many tippers, ratings, size of tips, etc.

We also know that the basis is averaged over how many models are at the baseline of 1000 tokens per hour over the current/last 60 day period. There's a calculation/formula posted in the models only section.

Thanks, Amber. I wasn't referring so much to camscore, or total tips, etc. More or less, I was thinking more along the lines of you or someone else had kept track of active tippers &/or size of tips or other relevant data. The reason for it is to help determine if it is more people tipping overall. Or, if it's fewer people with higher tip amounts. As this might help answer the question of room &/or site traffic as well.

Thanks, Amber. I wasn't referring so much to camscore, or total tips, etc. More or less, I was thinking more along the lines of you or someone else had kept track of active tippers &/or size of tips or other relevant data. The reason for it is to help determine if it is more people tipping overall. Or, if it's fewer people with higher tip amounts. As this might help answer the question of room &/or site traffic as well.
Oh gotcha. You quoted my post that was mostly about camscore so it seemed to be about that.

Oh gotcha. You quoted my post that was mostly about camscore so it seemed to be about that.

I was thinking more about the last paragraph, and not the entirety of the post. I should've trimmed it up so was more relevant to my scattered brain. :D

I was thinking more about the last paragraph, and not the entirety of the post. I should've trimmed it up so was more relevant to my scattered brain. :D
The last paragraph was about my camscore too. :haha:

But now that I'm not laying in bed at 3am on my phone, I can actually answer your question better.

As far as keeping track of number of tippers/etc, I have a detailed stats page (not just the one that MFC offers) that I can refer back to if I need to, but in general I don't pay much attention to it. During the mega months I certainly DO get more tippers overall because I'm visible to more people by being online a lot more hours, (don't even need to refer to my stats to tell) but also bigger spending from the top few tippers as well, which is what causes the spike in score for the following 60 days. And while my camscore stays boosted during that time, I get only slightly smaller room sizes but not that many more spenders/chatters.

Chaturbate has the same trend btw... Probably, some law came into force in EU at the end of the year 2015, because this drop exists only for EU countries, and in other big non-EU countries like USA, Russia, Japan it's still is but more like an echo from EU.

What is most likely is that due to the stricter EU privacy laws less visitors from the EU are being tracked.
Also various tracking blockers are more popular in Europe. I know I block all tracking by Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.