AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Webcam Girls Problems From Affiliate Point Of View

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2019
Hi Everyone. I am not a cam model but i earn my living as an affiliate by sending visitors over to chaturbate via all the adult websites i own and run. This is a full time 7 days a week job for me and thousands of other people. If i have sent someone over to chaturbate and he created an account then i get 20% of the tokens he buys. If webcam girls are then getting that user to basically delete the account and create a new account for them then that girl has just stole my 20% imo. I totally understand new girls or even established girls might not know about this as the information is not readily available so please dont think im having a go at anyone. Basically all the users on chaturbate have not just came from Google. Thousands of websites with chaturbate banners are sending over people that hopefully become spenders and make both us and you money. We get 20% for sending you that person and you get your 70% or whatever the rate you girls all get whenever the person spends tokens on you. For the model to then get that person to sign up under their account so they get the 20% on top of the 70% they already get, whilst we get a big fat $0 is soul destroying for us and there is a lot of anger on the affiliate side of things. We are all reporting girls we see doing it all the time. I dont know if Chaturbate tell the girl why they have been banned but it is not allowed on Chaturbate and could be a reason there are so many "why have Chaturbate banned me" posts that are all over this forum. You are breaking their terms of service doing it. I just wish there was far more awareness of this problem as cam girls and affiliates should be working together

yeah models who poach members are crappy. a lot of the active cammodel members of this forum from my knowledge don't do this. we get the importance of what you do by bringing traffic to our rooms for us then to convert into sales. some of us also affiliate it up too on the side. so we know it's not easy work. you are basically throwing nets out into sea. i fucking hate when affiliates take my whole paid private show and put it on tube sites and a lot more problems im not going to get into. so yeah i'm with you on affiliates and models working together more. maybe there would be more respect and not take advantage of each other.

but chaturbate seems to have an autoban feature. certain reports or amount of reports result in a swift ban. i think majority of the bans are verification of proof of age. chaturbate lets anyone and everyone broadcast with an account. also when you google chaturbate support this forum pops up and it seems to be the only place where a lot of people can get some clarity or fix their ban.

im curious. how do you figure out which models are poaching? i never know who my affiliate sign ups are spending on, so what are you doing? placing traps?

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
We are all reporting girls we see doing it all the time. I dont know if Chaturbate tell the girl why they have been banned but it is not allowed on Chaturbate and could be a reason there are so many "why have Chaturbate banned me" posts that are all over this forum. You are breaking their terms of service doing it. I just wish there was far more awareness of this problem as cam girls and affiliates should be working together
Is this a threat?.. If it's really against the terms, why would Chaturbate have any problems to specify that you have violated that?.. Why are you not specifying such important and easy to specify thing by yourself, and using that shady logic that threats and makes us to blindly accept as if there are many models who violates, and exactly your thing are behind those bans?..

Upvote 0
Hi Audri and thanks for the reply. You pretty much understand how it works for us and i think you would be surprised with the amount of girls that have no idea its sites like me who are sending visitors to their room. I personally have never set up traps but yeah there are other people doing this. They basically stay in your rooms and spend tokens over a period of time to see who asks them to create a new account then screenshots it and reports them. There is a girl who i wont name i reported again today. She has it written in her bio asking members to create a new account and sign up via her. She deserves a ban imo but well see. I agree with you in regard to thief's stealing your content and adding it to tubes. It just hurts everyone in this business. If you are also an affiliate, keep an eye on your spenders number id. You see people who spend money on tokens for ages then they just stop. A lot of them could have just stopped using the site or one of the other cam girls has got them to sign up for a new account under their link and took your 20%. There is no way of knowing for certain and that is the position affiliates find ourselves in just now. All we are doing at the moment is trying to find girls doing it and reporting so they hopefully get a warning or banned

Upvote 0
Is this a threat?.. If it's really against the terms, why would Chaturbate have any problems to specify that you have violated that?.. Why are you not specifying such important and easy to specify thing by yourself, and using that shady logic that threats and makes us to blindly accept as if there are many models who violates, and exactly your thing are behind those bans?..

Not a threat in the slightest. Can i ask for punkerbarbie to come on and clarify whether this is against chaturbate rules or not when shes online please

Upvote 0
Not a threat in the slightest. Can i ask for punkerbarbie to come on and clarify whether this is against chaturbate rules or not when shes online please
I think it would be sooo unreasonable from your side to disturb a representative(or is it a threat again?..), when you can just link the part from where you deriving your logic. If you are banning many of people because of that, and created this topic, I'm sure you should have link to exact rules by hand.

Reactions: mira_leo
Upvote 0
I think it would be sooo unreasonable from your side to disturb a representative(or is it a threat again?..), when you can just link the part from where you deriving your logic. If you are banning many of people because of that, and created this topic, I'm sure you should have link to exact rules by hand.

I am not banning anyone. I am reporting them in the hope they get warned/banned. How would you feel if i stole all your pictures and record every one of your live shows and gave them away for free?. If you knew i was doing it and was a member on chaturbate would you try do something about it?. Whats the difference from girls doing this to affiliates and other cam girls who are affiliates?

Upvote 0
I am not banning anyone. I am reporting them in the hope they get warned/banned. How would you feel if i stole all your pictures and record every one of your live shows ?. Whats the difference from girls doing this to affiliates and other cam girls who are affiliates?
I don't even do affiliate, I just don't like your logic and feel it threatening and manipulative. Like right now you are trying to push from subject to emotions, while all what I've asked were some links to rules that you should definately have on hand. Or would make that posture every time someone would ask you to link rules?..
Can i ask for punkerbarbie to come on and clarify whether this is against chaturbate rules or not when shes online please

Just provide some links, please.

Reactions: mira_leo
Upvote 0
Let's say one of my big tippers came up to me and asked me if there's any way I can receive a higher % of their money... do you really think that I wouldn't point them to my ref-link?

Reactions: moodybeauty69
Upvote 0
Very insightful to hear the perspective of an affiliate. Thank you. And yes, models and affiliates should be partners, not enemies.

I wish there would more information about the "chaturbate network". All we can see is an option "appear on network sites" and the only explanation is "you will have less viewers if you choose no". Default is "yes". But it just sounds like it's keeping viewers away, like a stop sign or something lol

Upvote 0
Let's say one of my big tippers came up to me and asked me if there's any way I can receive a higher % of their money... do you really think that I wouldn't point them to my ref-link?

Fair point honestly. Would you still point them there when you knew you can be banned if caught?

Upvote 0
Thats why people trying to catch you just take a screenshot of you doing it. Cant really deny it after that.

Hi Dark. Hope your well. Yeah i would also not have a clue what type of things/settings yous have on the cam girl side of things. Looks confusing with how yous run the room with all the games yous run. We should be pulling in the same direction, totally agree. I just focused on building my sites so i could send visitors over to all yous. Then yous do your thing, guy gets horny, spends money, i get my 20%, you get your 70% and its a win - win for both of us. Just seems to always be people trying to put bumps in the road unfortunately. Is it 70% of tokens yous all get??

Upvote 0
I personally have never set up traps but yeah there are other people doing this. They basically stay in your rooms and spend tokens over a period of time to see who asks them to create a new account then screenshots it and reports them.

well that can be quite obsessive. hope they arent spending all their time doing this.

If you are also an affiliate, keep an eye on your spenders number id. You see people who spend money on tokens for ages then they just stop. A lot of them could have just stopped using the site or one of the other cam girls has got them to sign up for a new account under their link and took your 20%. There is no way of knowing for certain and that is the position affiliates find ourselves in just now.

I am not apart of the chaturbate affiliates but i have something similar too on both my cammodels and cambuilder accounts. (streamate) either they trickle down to a lot less or nothing after a few weeks. from a cammodel perspective, i know a lot of those resign ups are because members love to close their accounts and make new ones quite frequently for fuck all i know. i recently had a reg who constantly resigns up use one of my affiliate links. i have never asked him to do so. he probably follows me on twitter and decided to resign up one day. so if members who close their accounts see their favorite model have an affiliate link, they more likely will gravitate towards that.

i do believe you there are models who DO tell members to resign up through links, and im sure its buried in there somewhere in the TOS how it violates.

Upvote 0
We do not allow independent broadcasters to side-step the Chaturbate affiliate program referral system by way of asking users to create a new account under their affiliate link. Feel free to contact support@chaturbate.com regarding anyone in violation of this rule.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores and Mila_
Upvote 0
Hi Punker Barbie. Thanks for confirming it for us all. Not looking for names or anything private but can i ask if any girl has ever been banned for doing this?.

I see yous have been doing a lot of updating on the terms & conditions. Maybe this could be added at some point to avoid confusion?.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Hi Punker Barbie. Thanks for confirming it for us all. Not looking for names or anything private but can i ask if any girl has ever been banned for doing this?.

I see yous have been doing a lot of updating on the terms & conditions. Maybe this could be added at some point to avoid confusion?.

Thanks again
TBH im kind of surprised that the use of affiliate links inside the platform is even allowed at all, it's the only affiliate program I have ever worked with that allows affiliate links inside the platform.

Reactions: Mila_ and AudriTwo
Upvote 0

Thanks again

In regards to punitive action taken, each situation is different and may or may not result in the ban of a broadcaster’s account. I will be sure to pass this along as a suggestion for further improvements to be made to our Terms and Conditions.

Reactions: imTheSupremeOne
Upvote 0
TBH im kind of surprised that the use of affiliate links inside the platform is even allowed at all, it's the only affiliate program I have ever worked with that allows affiliate links inside the platform.
Yes they are very generous in allowing that, I don't even think MFC allows models to participate in their affiliate program at all.

Upvote 0
Yes they are very generous in allowing that, I don't even think MFC allows models to participate in their affiliate program at all.

I think he means that's it makes no sense for there to be affiliate link in the site itself when part of the affiliate reward is bringing NEW people to the site. It makes the affiliate program seem more like 'free money' than for the intended goal of recruiting NEW audience.

Upvote 0
I think he means that's it makes no sense for there to be affiliate link in the site itself when part of the affiliate reward is bringing NEW people to the site. It makes the affiliate program seem more like 'free money' than for the intended goal of recruiting NEW audience.
Yes I know, its very generous that CB allows that.

Upvote 0
With what I spent on CB in the last 7 years... I kick myself for not creating my own affiliate account and buying tokens through it to get 20% back :p

Probably against the rules to do so. :)

Upvote 0
@punker barbie hi barbie im sorry if i keep messaging too much my account has been banned yesterday screen name sexxxystudent i dont know exactly the reason why but can you help me get my account back ?

thank you

Upvote 0
I wonder how much of a problem this really is.
I mean I'm guessing the affiliate can't tell which accounts are from their referrals.
So not sure how one could tell if they're loosing accounts to models.
Guessing by looking at anomalies in referrals?

Also wonder what kind of sites drives traffic.

Upvote 0
Me as well Marti. Never seen any affiliate program that allows it.
A lot of models convert anonymous viewers into members so I think it makes a lot of sense.

Upvote 1
In regards to punitive action taken, each situation is different and may or may not result in the ban of a broadcaster’s account. I will be sure to pass this along as a suggestion for further improvements to be made to our Terms and Conditions.

Thanks Punker.

Upvote 0

I personally agree with that yeah. It must be costing Chaturbate themselves insane amounts of money

Upvote 0
I wonder how much of a problem this really is.
I mean I'm guessing the affiliate can't tell which accounts are from their referrals.
So not sure how one could tell if they're loosing accounts to models.
Guessing by looking at anomalies in referrals?

Also wonder what kind of sites drives traffic.

Some of the biggest adult sites in the world drive traffic over to Chaturbate via things like banners & popups

Upvote 0
A lot of models convert anonymous viewers into members so I think it makes a lot of sense.

sure yes, but if they first came to the site with another affiliate link, they should sign up with the link they used. your affiliates link posted on your profile will cancel that out. i can see how it can be a slippery slope. i always thought it was strange how cb allowed their models to have their affiliate links on their profile because that would conflict with their affiliates getting properly paid for their advertising efforts.

Reactions: KingMarti
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.