AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Webcam Girls Problems From Affiliate Point Of View

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2019
Hi Everyone. I am not a cam model but i earn my living as an affiliate by sending visitors over to chaturbate via all the adult websites i own and run. This is a full time 7 days a week job for me and thousands of other people. If i have sent someone over to chaturbate and he created an account then i get 20% of the tokens he buys. If webcam girls are then getting that user to basically delete the account and create a new account for them then that girl has just stole my 20% imo. I totally understand new girls or even established girls might not know about this as the information is not readily available so please dont think im having a go at anyone. Basically all the users on chaturbate have not just came from Google. Thousands of websites with chaturbate banners are sending over people that hopefully become spenders and make both us and you money. We get 20% for sending you that person and you get your 70% or whatever the rate you girls all get whenever the person spends tokens on you. For the model to then get that person to sign up under their account so they get the 20% on top of the 70% they already get, whilst we get a big fat $0 is soul destroying for us and there is a lot of anger on the affiliate side of things. We are all reporting girls we see doing it all the time. I dont know if Chaturbate tell the girl why they have been banned but it is not allowed on Chaturbate and could be a reason there are so many "why have Chaturbate banned me" posts that are all over this forum. You are breaking their terms of service doing it. I just wish there was far more awareness of this problem as cam girls and affiliates should be working together

5) There IS a real problem of a conflict of interest however... the stink affiliates are making on GFY and other forums is a little off base because they are simply SPECULATING. Meaning: it is impossible for an affiliate to know when a big account drops why it happened. Some members simply run out of money and drop off the site out of the blue. Others get caught by their wives. Some members simply decided one day that they had a funnier username in mind and they create it from their office computer without your original cookie in it. It is simply a fact of life in affiliate marketing that you have to keep converting new accounts in order for your income to remain the same because users do tend to have a lifespan and that's simply the way it is. And what I see is many affiliates who aren't seeing a profit like they would like, instead of taking a hard look at their own hustle, start to make up a scenario in their minds in which models are stealing all their accounts. And while this does happen, it isn't as prevalent as you would think.

I agree, I personally don't think its as big of an issue as people are making it out to be.

Upvote 0
While an affiliate can take a week off and still see revenue generated by the members he converted last year, last month, etc... a model relying on her tips will get 0 that week. So models do resort to the affiliate program as a safety net.

Do the affiliates actually convert the users, though? I was under the impression that this was about affiliates sending the site(CB in this case) traffic via a link. I would still debate that it was the model who is actually doing the converting when an un-registered user decides that he finds a model that they like enough to actually buy tokens and become a premium member in order to support that model. That's actually when a "conversion" is considered to occur, right?

Upvote 0
Do the affiliates actually convert the users, though? I was under the impression that this was about affiliates sending the site(CB in this case) traffic via a link. I would still debate that it was the model who is actually doing the converting when a registered user decides that he finds a model that they like enough to actually buy tokens and become a premium member in order to support that model. That's actually when a "conversion" is considered to occur, right?

Yes, the models do the actual converting, but "conversion" is just affiliate lingo.... I was using it as such meaning... the traffic of yours that effectively converted to paying traffic last year will still bring in revenue for you, while a model has to be live on cam to get revenue if she isn't on the revshare program

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lucid1
Upvote 0
So here is my take as a very successful affiliate and model on Chaturbate... I will try to be succint so I will do a list.

1) Affiliates who drive traffic to the site deserve all their revenue. It is unfair when models poach the affiliate accounts. Since both models and affiliates are allowed to work with the affiliate program and models have a first hand interaction with the account holders we can definitely say there is a conflict of interest between affiliates and models that tends to resolve in the model's favor.

2) On the other hand many models drive more traffic to Chaturbate than the affiliates themselves. They hook members on social media and funnel the traffic to their Chaturbate room. Many models have MASSIVE online presence on Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Youtube, and some (like me) have massive mailing lists. These models drive fresh traffic to Chaturbate and they too, should be compensated for it. You might think that the 50% they get from tokens spent on them should be enough, but what you aren't seeing is the model only gets 50% as long as she is online working live on cam. It is a very rare case when a model receives offline tips worth anything. While an affiliate wakes up in the morning to 100 USD revenue while he was sleeping, a model never sees this. While an affiliate can take a week off and still see revenue generated by the members he converted last year, last month, etc... a model relying on her tips will get 0 that week. So models do resort to the affiliate program as a safety net.

3) When a model pushes hard for conversions because she has some skin in the game she will convert users with other affiliate cookies too. She converts 300 anonymous to members? Maybe 100 had her cookie, 200 had someone else's. As long as she doesn't ask members to clear cookies and create new accounts, any conversions that she makes where someone else has the cookie in place will go to the original referrer. So, if a model pushes for conversions the affiliates win too.

4) The problem then is a matter of whether the model is POACHING existing members or CREATING brand new ones. I personally always considered it below the belt to act in the second way especially those models who added that to their bios. My wording was always "IF YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT then please log-in to help me climb in the contest and IF YOU DON'T then create one using this link xxxxx". This should be fine. But many models do not word it like that.

5) There IS a real problem of a conflict of interest however... the stink affiliates are making on GFY and other forums is a little off base because they are simply SPECULATING. Meaning: it is impossible for an affiliate to know when a big account drops why it happened. Some members simply run out of money and drop off the site out of the blue. Others get caught by their wives. Some members simply decided one day that they had a funnier username in mind and they create it from their office computer without your original cookie in it. It is simply a fact of life in affiliate marketing that you have to keep converting new accounts in order for your income to remain the same because users do tend to have a lifespan and that's simply the way it is. And what I see is many affiliates who aren't seeing a profit like they would like, instead of taking a hard look at their own hustle, start to make up a scenario in their minds in which models are stealing all their accounts. And while this does happen, it isn't as prevalent as you would think.

6) Another thing to consider from the models perspective is this... there are 100s of members who come and go and spend here and there and wouldn't ditch their account for any model. You get to keep the revenue of these users forever. However, these members who don't establish a connection tend to stop spending rather quickly Each model has a handful of members she really devotes herself to both in terms of emotional connection and special attention. If she didn't do this the members would never spend as much as they do or maybe even at all because the spending is connected to the relationship with the model. Many models consider this extra effort they put into the relationship and the loyalty these members have for her a reason to keep the revenue for themselves, because if it wasn't for them the member wouldn't even be there. If the model switches platforms, the members would go with her, etc.

7) In my humble opinion Chaturbate should be very strict with models about not using their affiliate link while they are broadcasting. Only to use it off-site, for instance, in their social media so they make sure that the accounts they are converting are fresh. However, I am sure that even if the site would set a rule like this in place, affiliates would say that models are sending all the traffic to their twitter so they can poach from there.

8) Even if Chaturbate wanted to forbid models from their affiliate program it is VERY HARD to police. As it is right now ANYONE can use the affiliate program, unlike CPA networks where you have to go through 15 hoops, send them a picture of your cat and swear over the bible your traffic is clean, Chaturbate lets anyone use an affiliate link. This is fantastic in terms of usability but it does make it harder to stop models from using the program as a model would simply have to create a new user accountt to get a referral link.

9) No matter what the actual scope of the problem is... or how Chaturbate handles it, the real problem is the opinion climate and right now Chaturbate's affiliate program is suffering a big hit. This drives affiliates away from Chaturbate and they start promoting other offers like Stripchat which is now ubiquitous and taking the spot of what used to be Chaturbate banners. This should be worrisome to Chaturbate AND to affilaites like yourself who promote the site because tippers follow herd mentality and they tip when they see others tipping. If the flow of new users slows down your own affiliate accounts will stop spending as much because they will not see the tips flowing across site. Someone interested in promoting this offer also should have an interest in others promoting the site too because the more fresh quality users are on CB the more tips will flow and that brings up the spending across the board.

10) As a model, all in all, I wish there was an easy solution. A camsite is nothing without traffic and traffic is owed to affiliates who send it our way. If push comes to shove I wouldn't be entirely opposed to CB banning models from the affiliate program, but I don't think it's on CBs best interest considering how much fresh traffic models bring from social media and how hard they try to convert it while on cam. Maybe they should keep strict rules as to the wording on the bios.

Hi Mila. Brilliant post and you are far better at explaining things than me. Couple of points:

2) For girls who are getting members to their rooms via things like social media etc of course they should get the 20%. Thats only right. As you say in 1) though the problem is stealing current members already signed up.

3) & 4) When we first seen webcam girls joining the affiliate program we generally thought it would be a win win for models and affiliates. Sadly some took advantage for their own benefit yeah.

5) Yeah i wasnt gonna mention that site. When we all see our big spenders disappear at the same time as seeing girls with "create a new account for me", it shows a problem. If i myself saw some of my big spenders disappear then i probably wouldnt think too much. When its loads of affiliates seeing the same problem all at the same time its not just a coincidence. I totally get what you mean went you say we cant be 100% sure that user has been stolen off a cam girl though and its true.

6) The counter argument to this from an affiliates perspective is we sent you that person. You work your magic and get that person hooked on you so they spend over and over for a long time. 20% for me and 50% for you each time they come back. Thats the way its worked for years and still works to this day on all the other big live cam sites. Your reward for putting in the work to create an emotional connection and give them special attention is that reoccurring 50%. Not also taking my 20% and leaving me with 0% cause iv did all the work getting that user to you and deserve my cut too. I put in 8 - 10 hours every day on my websites. Its a full time job like yous do

7) Yep i 100% agree that Chaturbate should not allow girls to put affiliate links on their site. Its caused so much problems on our side of things. Let them use it on social media or their own sites etc

8) Not only is it hard to police, i generally think some models doing it do not realise it is against the rules. I would like the see Chaturbate put a temp ban on a big model caught doing it. This could send out a big warning to others thinking about doing it in the future. It also needs to be clearly stated in the terms of service of the site. Me and others are trying to get it added as i do not think there is currently anything like that.

9). It is having a negative impact on the Chaturbate brand. For a few years there it was brilliant from an affiliates side of things. We couldnt have been happier but this has left a bad taste in peoples mouth. I posted in another thread about MFC. A few years ago they were the number 1 cam site and affiliates send all their traffic to them. Then they just decided to stop their affiliate program out the blue. We still got paid for people we had sent over till that point but could no longer get new members. They really shot themselves in the foot. We all started promoting Chaturbate and it got even bigger. Once MFC realised how many people they lost because of it, they did bring the affiliate program back and even increased the affiliate earnings from 15% to 20% but the damage was done. This current issue with Chaturbate is not as bad as what MFC did but i do see businesses starting to send visitors to other cam sites like stripchat. Less people on Chaturbate equals less money for models. Dont get me wrong, Chaturbate is a massive site but if affiliates keep sending less people then it will show over time and no one wants that. When Chaturbate is busy and doing well it should be great for us all

10) Yeah i wouldnt say cam girls should be stopped from using the affiliate program. As you said, if a girl has got a user to sign up via her Twitter then i think its only fair that girl should get the 20%. Thats them doing the same job as we do as affiliates. By that i mean they have brought a user over to the site and they then create an account. Chaturbate should just not allow girls to put their affiliate links on their bios or anywhere on the site. Its having to much negative consequences

Upvote 0
Hi Mila. Brilliant post and you are far better at explaining things than me. Couple of points:

2) For girls who are getting members to their rooms via things like social media etc of course they should get the 20%. Thats only right. As you say in 1) though the problem is stealing current members already signed up.

3) & 4) When we first seen webcam girls joining the affiliate program we generally thought it would be a win win for models and affiliates. Sadly some took advantage for their own benefit yeah.

5) Yeah i wasnt gonna mention that site. When we all see our big spenders disappear at the same time as seeing girls with "create a new account for me", it shows a problem. If i myself saw some of my big spenders disappear then i probably wouldnt think too much. When its loads of affiliates seeing the same problem all at the same time its not just a coincidence. I totally get what you mean went you say we cant be 100% sure that user has been stolen off a cam girl though and its true.

6) The counter argument to this from an affiliates perspective is we sent you that person. You work your magic and get that person hooked on you so they spend over and over for a long time. 20% for me and 50% for you each time they come back. Thats the way its worked for years and still works to this day on all the other big live cam sites. Your reward for putting in the work to create an emotional connection and give them special attention is that reoccurring 50%. Not also taking my 20% and leaving me with 0% cause iv did all the work getting that user to you and deserve my cut too. I put in 8 - 10 hours every day on my websites. Its a full time job like yous do

7) Yep i 100% agree that Chaturbate should not allow girls to put affiliate links on their site. Its caused so much problems on our side of things. Let them use it on social media or their own sites etc

8) Not only is it hard to police, i generally think some models doing it do not realise it is against the rules. I would like the see Chaturbate put a temp ban on a big model caught doing it. This could send out a big warning to others thinking about doing it in the future. It also needs to be clearly stated in the terms of service of the site. Me and others are trying to get it added as i do not think there is currently anything like that.

9). It is having a negative impact on the Chaturbate brand. For a few years there it was brilliant from an affiliates side of things. We couldnt have been happier but this has left a bad taste in peoples mouth. I posted in another thread about MFC. A few years ago they were the number 1 cam site and affiliates send all their traffic to them. Then they just decided to stop their affiliate program out the blue. We still got paid for people we had sent over till that point but could no longer get new members. They really shot themselves in the foot. We all started promoting Chaturbate and it got even bigger. Once MFC realised how many people they lost because of it, they did bring the affiliate program back and even increased the affiliate earnings from 15% to 20% but the damage was done. This current issue with Chaturbate is not as bad as what MFC did but i do see businesses starting to send visitors to other cam sites like stripchat. Less people on Chaturbate equals less money for models. Dont get me wrong, Chaturbate is a massive site but if affiliates keep sending less people then it will show over time and no one wants that. When Chaturbate is busy and doing well it should be great for us all

10) Yeah i wouldnt say cam girls should be stopped from using the affiliate program. As you said, if a girl has got a user to sign up via her Twitter then i think its only fair that girl should get the 20%. Thats them doing the same job as we do as affiliates. By that i mean they have brought a user over to the site and they then create an account. Chaturbate should just not allow girls to put their affiliate links on their bios or anywhere on the site. Its having to much negative consequences
Here’s the thing... the fact that many affiliates are seeing big accounts drop at the same time does not necessarily mean it is models taking them. Models have been using the affiliate program as long as I have been a model, so since at least 2015. You really can’t know how many of those accounts simply stopped spending because of whatever reason and which ones stopped spending because a model stole them. There are also trends in spending.. one year you see a surge of members spending very high amounts, the next year is a bunch of members spending little... there is something to be said about market saturation too... if everyone is promoting Chaturbate then everyone has a cookie, it’s harder to get clean members for new signups...the revenue is the same for the model but very different for the affiliates. There is 0 precision with your hypothesis because you have 0 data. Literally. You simply see models promoting their affiliate link and infere from there that’s the reason for your loss in income when it could be a million other reasons. It is simply an inference.

In the case of models establishing connections to their members the case is different than other affiliate offers. I have worked affiliate marketing for years before being a model and in many different verticals. When you do affiliate marketing for any product, say instead of cams you promote a hardcore porn site... “busty sluts exposed” with a lifetime revshare... your hope is that a member will signup to the site and continue to pay for 3 or 4 months. That’s a nice member and a good average. Some members will only spend that initial time, most will stay 1-3 months. Every once in a while you will get a unicorn who will signup and remain there for a year. That’s cool but very different from camsites.

With camsites the spending is not linear or instant. You can get 100 signups and nobody spends. You can make a signup today and not see any spending until a year has gone by. Whatever spending your members do it’s because a model is hard selling them the tokens. So when you sign someone up you have 1000s of the most brilliant saleswomen working FOR YOU to sell your members tokens and when they do you get 1/2 of what they make even if you are eating cheetos in your slacks. The member doesn’t even remember how he got to the site and 2 years down the line he finally buys tokens to join a ticket show and you profit from that. Which is cool, you deserve compensation, but only as long as that member is a client of the site.

Spending is also non-linear members tend to spend the most at the very beginning before they are ever hooked by any model and then again for a little if they find someone they truly like. Most members run out of money within 1-3 months just like any other affiliate program. However the limit in their spending is very high, it’s not a membership site, its not a recurring payment of an expected amount, it’s more like an online casino, like a gambling site. A member can blow all his credit in a month. You are entitled to get a compensation for bringing a member to the site and you often get very nicely rewarded with these members. You can say that the reason everyone promotes camsites is this, how insane the reward is if you hit a big account, and I agree, it’s the smart thing to do, however when you become greedy about it and start to look for faults in the system when the revenue gets tight, accusing models of stealing accounts without data, then it poisons the well as it turns away other potential affiliates and makes Chaturbate’s climate that much darker. It is in your best interest to keep the good image of Chaturbates affiliate program so new members reach the site, the spending is high which helps YOUR accounts to spend more too due to herd mentality. If the offer isn’t working anymore consider reaching out to support with your concerns privately or moving on to other offers rather than adding wood to the fire of the shit perception. You simply need to up your game as markets get saturated or find a niche that is less saturated.

Then... in the spirit of sharing perspectives... a case can be made that very rarely a member finds a model they are absolutely loyal to. They only spend in her room and they would follow her anywhere as she is the only reason they remain there. These members stop being a costumer of the site and become a costumer of the model. This means that no matter how he found her he is now bound to her and wherever she goes this member will follow. These members are very rare, they show up once every couple of years and models love them and do things they wouldn’t do for regular people. Once this connection has been established in my opinion it is fair if the member wants his contributions to go to the model at the highest percentage, to create a new account. He is no longer a client of the site but a client of the model which is why he proposes or agrees to use her link. You as an affiliate have already been handsomely rewarded up to this point for bringing this member to the site and you would lose the account anyway if the model switched sites or decided to stop camming.

Now, the example above is a very rare case, and unrelated to models who practice this en masse or who offer incentives to members in exchange for their switching accounts. A model who says in her bio or on cam members should clear cookies and use her link to make a fresh account are abusing the system. Models who PM new or sporadic members with this information are also abusing the platform. This is what can have a massive impact on affiliate revenue of the kind you are discussing, and I have seen a Chaturbate ask models and issue warnings to change the wording on the bios when they find this, even on big name models.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are a surprising number of big named models who don't have affiliate links, and the majority of the smaller ones don't, I can't imagine the few models who abuse the system to be the cause of affiliates seeing a large drop off. I don't have the best technical knowledge, but could browsers like FireFox and Safari eliminating 3rd party cookies and Chrome to follow suit have a bigger effect than what a few models could do? Also what about the GDPR which in 2018 started forcing websites to ask users to consent to their cookies being used?

Reactions: Fatquack and Mila_
Upvote 0
Then... in the spirit of sharing perspectives... a case can be made that very rarely a member finds a model they are absolutely loyal to. They only spend in her room and they would follow her anywhere as she is the only reason they remain there. These members stop being a costumer of the site and become a costumer of the model. This means that no matter how he found her he is now bound to her and wherever she goes this member will follow. These members are very rare, they show up once every couple of years and models love them and do things they wouldn’t do for regular people. Once this connection has been established in my opinion it is fair if the member wants his contributions to go to the model at the highest percentage, to create a new account. He is no longer a client of the site but a client of the model which is why he proposes or agrees to use her link. You as an affiliate have already been handsomely rewarded up to this point for bringing this member to the site and you would lose the account anyway if the model switched sites or decided to stop camming.

I can only speak for myself here but i am following the rules of Chaturbate. Im not breaking any TOS. When a current member agrees to use her link as you said, that is the cam girl breaking the rules. Affiliates never wrote the rules , Chaturbate did.

"Once this connection has been established in my opinion it is fair if the member wants his contributions to go to the model at the highest percentage, to create a new account. He is no longer a client of the site but a client of the model which is why he proposes or agrees to use her link. You as an affiliate have already been handsomely rewarded up to this point for bringing this member to the site"

Sorry i have to disagree with you on this one. To say he is no longer a client of the site but a client of the model will never be true unless your interacting with that person away from the chaturbate site.. They will always be a Chaturbate member first and foremost. There should also never be a cut off point for affiliates who sends a member to the site to keep earning our 20% every time he spends. Even if he buys tokens once a week for the next 10 years we should get our 20%. Its because it is in the rules - "20% lifetime revshare". Thats what it states and that is what we agree to and expect when we get people to sign up. Not "When an affiliates member spends $10.000 on tokens that affiliate will no longer receive any % of what that user then spends there after etc". That is not a decision a cam girl is allowed to make. Another example is me as an affiliate looking at one of the top cam girls on the site and thinking well she has earned a lot of money over the years so i will just take all her content and record every live show she does so i can put them on my website and let everyone get them for free. This will make my website big and more popular and make me more money. Its OK to do this cause "She as a cam girl has already been handsomely rewarded up to this point". Whats the difference?. We are both breaking Chaturbate rules for our own financial gain? ( Probably folk who disagree with me here but remember its just my personal opinion and i have never recorded or stolen any content and never would )

Upvote 0

I can only speak for myself here but i am following the rules of Chaturbate. Im not breaking any TOS. When a current member agrees to use her link as you said, that is the cam girl breaking the rules. Affiliates never wrote the rules , Chaturbate did.

"Once this connection has been established in my opinion it is fair if the member wants his contributions to go to the model at the highest percentage, to create a new account. He is no longer a client of the site but a client of the model which is why he proposes or agrees to use her link. You as an affiliate have already been handsomely rewarded up to this point for bringing this member to the site"

Sorry i have to disagree with you on this one. To say he is no longer a client of the site but a client of the model will never be true unless your interacting with that person away from the chaturbate site.. They will always be a Chaturbate member first and foremost. There should also never be a cut off point for affiliates who sends a member to the site to keep earning our 20% every time he spends. Even if he buys tokens once a week for the next 10 years we should get our 20%. Its because it is in the rules - "20% lifetime revshare". Thats what it states and that is what we agree to and expect when we get people to sign up. Not "When an affiliates member spends $10.000 on tokens that affiliate will no longer receive any % of what that user then spends there after etc". That is not a decision a cam girl is allowed to make. Another example is me as an affiliate looking at one of the top cam girls on the site and thinking well she has earned a lot of money over the years so i will just take all her content and record every live show she does so i can put them on my website and let everyone get them for free. This will make my website big and more popular and make me more money. Its OK to do this cause "She as a cam girl has already been handsomely rewarded up to this point". Whats the difference?. We are both breaking Chaturbate rules for our own financial gain? ( Probably folk who disagree with me here but remember its just my personal opinion and i have never recorded or stolen any content and never would )

Yes, that’s the rules, but when you are marketing human interaction rules are not as clear cut as when you are marketing a product. It’s what I have been trying to explain. As models we in fact DO get our shows recorded and our content stolen by affiliates ALL THE TIME. I personally have to spend over $1000 monthly on DMCA services and that still doesn’t handle the whole problem because there are affiliates with their content in bulletproof servers who do not comply with DMCA, who pirate my content and then surround my ticket show recordings with CHATURBATE banners. And Chaturbate PAYS THEM to do this. This is a loss of revenue for us too. Do you have any idea how many people google us and find these and decide against joining a ticket show? The number is probably very high although I have 0 data so it’s just an inference. Do we raise a stink? We could. And sometimes we do. And it is a neverending battle. Why? Because as soon as one of these sites closes up a fresh one pops up. It’s time consuming and frustrating, it is a problem for models who hide their cam persona from their families as pirates do not geoblock areas, it is a problem for models who did something they weren’t comfortable with once and what should have been a live performance becomes a video recorded and streamed forever under their name. It is a problem for models with stalkers who now have access to hours upon hours of footage of their homes, what you can see through the windows, conversations where the model casually commented things that clued the audience in on their location, etc, unlike an affiliate like you, models actually risk their skin when they work, and affiliates who break the rules put them in danger in more than one way.

From the perspective of the pirates this is content that’s online, our free shows are streamed in public and they have a right to record them and upload them. If they can profit from it cause there is a market, what’s the damage? They bring fresh traffic to camsites that those models profit from and maybe a tipper or two could find them from their recordings, and this is also true. We can debate whether the benefits outweigh the risks here for the models and we all already know the answer to that, but the fact is some good does come with all the bad. I know they think this way cause I have talked to them. In some countries this is alegal, there are no laws written about this, in some countries illegal. In every case it is against the CB terms of service. Does CB cancel their affiliate accounts? No. They don’t, I have asked them to do so in the past with the biggest offenders and they haven’t. Am I going to throw myself a pity party? No.

What do we do instead? We accept the realities of the situation and work on OUR HUSTLE to earn in different ways. Models who can’t deal with it find a smaller site with less piracy issues or quit. Move to phone sex. Become waitresses. Try Twitch. We adjust.

Since we are talking realities rather than rules that were written on a piece of paper and apparently forgotten or cast aside, like I explained in my post you choose to advertise cams BECAUSE the human connections make it THAT MUCH MORE profitable than products. You could be advertising “Narcos: build your puta” Video game which had a pretty great conversion rate when I last worked with CrakRevenue which had a high first time fee and a lower but fixed recurring charge and you could hook a member with lifetime revshare... and it would NEVER be as profitable as cams are. You know this, it’s why you choose this offer. The reason is the social interaction and the human connection. It’s a high reward high risk type of offer because the same thing that makes them spend that much is the thing that could eventually turn a member of yours into a specific models link after a year of two of spending on her... but even if the risk is high (and again, you have 0 data so we don’t know the real impact of this) you get handsomely rewarded up until that point.

Like I said before if I stop camming today my thick and thins will never spend a dime on Chaturbate again. If I switch sites to MFC or Stripchat they will be coming with me. In my case, and I’m a very popular model and I have been camming on CB for 4 years, I am talking about 3 or 4 users. At this point they are no longer clients of Chaturbate, this is subtle like all human interaction is, but again, the same reason why you promote cams instead of fleshlights.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What we have is 5 problems: first problem is models abusing the platform and stealing accounts from affiliates en masse by instructing people to clear their cookies before using their link to sign up on the bios. This is indiscriminate and massive and unethical and Chaturbate is in a position in which they can actually do something about this because it’s out in the open, and I personally have seen them admonish models for it, I rarely see that wording anymore. Second problem is very loyal members asking or agreeing to use the models link cause they want her to receive the affiliate commission. These conversations will likely happen offsite so CB has no way to police this even if they wanted. This is a reality you should adjust to. The third problem is affiliates riding a stink having 0 data to back up their claims simply because their profit is lower than expected and they lost a big fish account. Affiliates who do this damage Chaturbate’s image and it’s capacity to reel in other affiliates, which in turn make it that much harder for everyone to profit as spending is influenced by more spending by others because of the herd mentality. Therefore these affiliates who poison the well because they aren’t seeing the numbers they wanted without having any data to back up their claims are hurting everyone’s bottom line. The last problem is affiliates using our content and building huge porntubes surrounded by Chaturbate banners. Chaturbate can and should terminate those accounts. Then there are pirates who are more subtle, who build their following through a blog or a twitter account and they handpick a model, steal some pictures of her and promote her room with an affiliate link to their audience. This is impossible to police by Chaturbate and they can’t do anything about it as they won’t launch a whole investigation for each particular case, it can also be said that since the advertising is so targeted and the content being shared is limited, models do stand a chance of profiting from this type of affiliate marketing... affiliates do need content to promote the site and that content needs to come from somewhere. If the models are bothered by it they can usually write some DMCA to the hosting company as these affiliates will rarely host their content in bulletproof servers. So models should probably adjust. Cause even though piracy is against ToS... we are dealing with human interaction so there are grey areas and we are all adults

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wish cb would give us the possibility to upload or specifically point to material that affiliates can use for marketing. It is all so blurry and hard to distinguish between piracy and promotion.

Reactions: DoD404 and Mila_
Upvote 0
I wish cb would give us the possibility to upload or specifically point to material that affiliates can use for marketing. It is all so blurry and hard to distinguish between piracy and promotion.

I would personally be willing to work with an affiliate provided his content is tasteful and the audience he caters to would appreciate my style. I would be willing to send him content in exchange for promotion, but I would like to be consulted first, cause even if there is a package of "model approved" content for affiliates to use, *how* they use it is also an issue. I have seen sites that post videos stolen from my live shows and the description underneath is "LATINA SLUT INSERTS HUGE BUTTPLUG" when I am a softcore model who has never ever done anything remotely close to that and I am not even a latina... Then you see people online commenting "does anyone have a recording of the HUGE BUTTPLUG show Mila did last year?" Others: "she has gotten SO LAZY! she used to insert huge buttplugs now rarely ever gets naked"

Upvote 0
Some brilliant stuff again Mila_. People using stolen content to then send people over to Chaturbate is ridiculous. Id like to think they would be reported and their account banned. I used the stolen content example to show that as far as im concerned, girls stealing current members are just as bad as assholes stealing your content. One thing i think doesnt get mentioned is the cam girls could be stealing from each other ( you ) as well if your an affiliate. Its crazy really. We will never know how many current members were stolen like this as there is no way on seeing the data.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Doing that is perfectly fine Moody and Chaturbate allows it and encourages it. You say you have several who buy tokens and you get there share. How would you feel it that user that is earning you a share was in another camgirls room. She asked that person to delete his account, clear cookies and create another account under her link. You no longer receive anything when he buys tokens, the cam girl that stole him now gets YOUR share every time he buys tokens.

I mean i get it and if that model talked him/her into it, then she earned it!.. no need to be salty about it! i mean it just means i need to work harder on keeping my viewers.. :) @camsuk

Upvote 0
Seems like Chaturbate is getting stricter about model bio banners. @punker_barbie posted on GFY that banners covering the signup button are no longer allowed. I am guessing they are issuing warnings to models who have ridiculous banners like this. This is not going to do anything for affiliates in practical terms since the issue is not with the raw signups but the “clear cookies” thing... but 99% of affiliates crying and moaning on the GFY thread don’t even know how the affiliate cookies work.

Upvote 0
Not naming the cam model but check what she has in her bio:

Chaturbate takes away 50% of my earnings, but if you subscribe with my affiliate link They will only get 30%
icon7.gif

If you already have an account and would like to create a new one with my affiliate link for extra love and help:
just sign out of the current account, clear browser cookies, click on my link and create a new account.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Deary me. How dare big bad Chaturbate "take away" my earnings even though they allow me to use their platform with thousands of members ready to spend money on me. Big bad Chaturbate should just not take their cut and find another way to pay their overheads like the cost of running a site that big, advertising, staff wages and an actual profit for whoever owns it. To actually go and put that on the site that gives you a platform to earn a living is shocking. I know cam girls/guys work their asses off for what they get but this is so ungrateful and i hope she gets banned

Upvote 0

Chaturbate takes away 50% of my earnings, but if you subscribe with my affiliate link They will only get 30%
icon7.gif

If you already have an account and would like to create a new one with my affiliate link for extra love and help:
just sign out of the current account, clear browser cookies, click on my link and create a new account.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Deary me. How dare big bad Chaturbate "take away" my earnings even though they allow me to use their platform with thousands of members ready to spend money on me. Big bad Chaturbate should just not take their cut and find another way to pay their overheads like the cost of running a site that big, advertising, staff wages and an actual profit for whoever owns it. To actually go and put that on the site that gives you a platform to earn a living is shocking. I know cam girls/guys work their asses off for what they get but this is so ungrateful and i hope she gets banned

That's ridiculous, not only is she poaching the affiliate accounts (she doesn't seem to know or understand there is such a thing), she is making the site look bad for "taking" 50% of her earnings. I wish models would get some sort of guide or FAQ with information about how camsites run, most of them don't understand the running costs. Not only do payment processors take 15% of the earnings (and they would take them from her too if she was working solo), they also have to pay affiliates 20%, there's running costs, models have to do nothing but show up. She should get a warning.

Upvote 0

icon7.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

That's not the worst one I have seen tbh, I have seen a bunch of profiles that tell them if they make a new account under that models link they will get 200-500 token free when they make the account...

Upvote 0
Seems like Chaturbate is getting stricter about model bio banners. @punker_barbie posted on GFY that banners covering the signup button are no longer allowed. I am guessing they are issuing warnings to models who have ridiculous banners like this. This is not going to do anything for affiliates in practical terms since the issue is not with the raw signups but the “clear cookies” thing... but 99% of affiliates crying and moaning on the GFY thread don’t even know how the affiliate cookies work.

I think there were warnings for “clear cookies” (or "use incognito browser window"), too, because i saw it in a lot of bios and now i don't. But the girls find workarounds, a few days ago i saw that a top-row on homepage girl (over 400k followers) simply removed it from her bio to put it in the notifier in chat. Also (just my impression after 2+ years, maybe wrong) CB seems to enforce their TOS randomly so it's possible that some might not even received a warning.

icon7.gif

by giving that quote it takes seconds to find her out so indirectly you're naming her :)

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
Hi Everyone. I am not a cam model but i earn my living as an affiliate by sending visitors over to chaturbate via all the adult websites i own and run. This is a full time 7 days a week job for me and thousands of other people. If i have sent someone over to chaturbate and he created an account then i get 20% of the tokens he buys. If webcam girls are then getting that user to basically delete the account and create a new account for them then that girl has just stole my 20% imo. I totally understand new girls or even established girls might not know about this as the information is not readily available so please dont think im having a go at anyone. Basically all the users on chaturbate have not just came from Google. Thousands of websites with chaturbate banners are sending over people that hopefully become spenders and make both us and you money. We get 20% for sending you that person and you get your 70% or whatever the rate you girls all get whenever the person spends tokens on you. For the model to then get that person to sign up under their account so they get the 20% on top of the 70% they already get, whilst we get a big fat $0 is soul destroying for us and there is a lot of anger on the affiliate side of things. We are all reporting girls we see doing it all the time. I dont know if Chaturbate tell the girl why they have been banned but it is not allowed on Chaturbate and could be a reason there are so many "why have Chaturbate banned me" posts that are all over this forum. You are breaking their terms of service doing it. I just wish there was far more awareness of this problem as cam girls and affiliates should be working together

How are you able to follow the individual users who were referred through your site, and how/when are you able to determine that the account was stolen from you by a model?

Upvote 0
TBH im kind of surprised that the use of affiliate links inside the platform is even allowed at all, it's the only affiliate program I have ever worked with that allows affiliate links inside the platform.

Seems like a great point. CB could ask the model to use the affiliate links in their outside marketing, such as on Twitter, but ban the use of affiliate links inside the platform itself. That stays true to the spirit of the program, which is to use traffic and marketing spend outside of the platform to bring customers into the platform.

CB should be able to detect the viewer who goes straight to the affiliate link by a copy/paste of the URL in the browser. The only legitimate path should be from an outside website that links into the affiliate program.

Upvote 0
Seems like a great point. CB could ask the model to use the affiliate links in their outside marketing, such as on Twitter, but ban the use of affiliate links inside the platform itself. That stays true to the spirit of the program, which is to use traffic and marketing spend outside of the platform to bring customers into the platform.

CB should be able to detect the viewer who goes straight to the affiliate link by a copy/paste of the URL in the browser. The only legitimate path should be from an outside website that links into the affiliate program.

but seriously why you two even mentioning something that helps keep models happy, its not like affiliate cookies over write each other.

Upvote 0
why you two even mentioning something that helps keep models happy, its not like affiliate cookies over write each other.

It is up to CB to decide what the purpose of its affiliate program is. The spirit of most affiliate programs is to force marketing spend outside of the primary platform, which draws genuinely new customers into the primary site. The purpose of most affiliate programs is not to help the members of the website extract extra margins from captive users who are already on the website. Nothing in what I said forbids a model from grabbing affiliate income. The question is whether the user enters CB from an outside marketing effort. CB can decide how it wants the program used any way it wishes to, for the benefit of whoever they want to incentivize. But whatever decisions CB makes, those should be clearly documented, for everyone's benefit.

Upvote 0
It is up to CB to decide what the purpose of its affiliate program is. The spirit of most affiliate programs is to force marketing spend outside of the primary platform, which draws genuinely new customers into the primary site. The purpose of most affiliate programs is not to help the members of the website extract extra margins from captive users who are already on the website. Nothing in what I said forbids a model from grabbing affiliate income. The question is whether the user enters CB from an outside marketing effort. CB can decide how it wants the program used any way it wishes to, for the benefit of whoever they want to incentivize. But whatever decisions CB makes, those should be clearly documented, for everyone's benefit.

*insert same gif here*

CB allows it and for the sake of the models I hope they continue to.

Reactions: schruti
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.