AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to be a good moderator?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2020
Asking for any tips on being a good moderator. Dating a camgirl. No issues there. Just seeing if anyone had good experience on being there but not interfering.

From a customer, client standpoint.

I have no jealously let me state. I want my woman to make as much as she can and anything I can do to help I will do so.

Does silence level 1 to allow only token holders hurt her in earning?

Trying to keep bots at bay and let her fans get to interact in the best fashion possible.

Thanks!

Thanks! This is on CB btw

Maybe not. I will say I didn't request to be one. She added me to it. But she seems to like me to talk to her while she works and I certainly don't mind keeping her company.

Any recommendations on bots? She has ultrabot but nothing that blocks bots and not greys. So when there are alot of viewers sometimes set the silence level to 1 to allow only token holders to talk keeping bots at bay.

I did ask her if she prefers me to allow her to work without me present. She didn't see to mind either way.

I am certainty open to opinions and advice.

Maybe not. I will say I didn't request to be one. She added me to it. But she seems to like me to talk to her while she works and I certainly don't mind keeping her company.

Any recommendations on bots? She has ultrabot but nothing that blocks bots and not greys. So when there are alot of viewers sometimes set the silence level to 1 to allow only token holders to talk keeping bots at bay.

I did ask her if she prefers me to allow her to work without me present. She didn't see to mind either way.

I am certainty open to opinions and advice.

Just go over the rules she wants you to enforce. Also even if she wants you to interact, just be mindful not to interact too much, you want to give space to paying customers to join in.

Can you let me know what bots you use?
If she needs to know more about bots, advise her come here to ask it.

She has ultrabot but nothing that blocks bots and not greys. So when there are alot of viewers sometimes set the silence level to 1 to allow only token holders to talk keeping bots at bay.

The last thing she needs is receiving unasked advises : let her concentrated on her show, let her manage her room and her tools.
Ultrabot is not bad, let her use it as far she does not ask you. The tool *she* knows is the best tool for her room.

Else the only thing she need from a mod is :
- Display a red name in her visitor list : it can make "more pro" for many users when the room has few visitors.
- Replace her own hands on keyboard when she is busy :) With some bots, if she uses them, you can have to learn how it works (ie how to launch a timer to start a hidden show or else...) but it's very rare and she'll tell you, don't worry.
- Answer the most common questions (the ones everybody ask her every hours, every days...) but not too fast, let her the time and maybe answer when you feel it's going to bore her really.
- Listen her interrogations and reassure her on her choices sometimes.

plus, maybe, a bit 'wake up guys'... better to do when it's really too calm, but don't spam the room with 'tip her!!' it's anti-productive. The word 'tip' is displayed everywhere, just remember this word to beggars and noobs from time to time. But notice that a room having a "clown mod" repeating 'tip her' like a parrot oftenly makes serious tippers running away.

Of course !! (this pushed me to answer here...)
You don't *have to* be present for every show the whole shows and certainly not allowing her anything xD You're just a normal viewer with a little power to help.
Though : having a very regular viewer can be mentally helpful, but I hope that she redded you because you're already regular enough and already acting in her chat as she expects a mod should react. Hence don't change your way.
If she expects more from you, it means that what she needs is to come here to ask her questions (and this you can feel free to advise her ^^).
A guy with more power than this in a room is a danger for her room.

You're not "working for her" of anything like that, you're only red to give an hand when it's possible, and nothing more if she does not ask specifically. This is the main thing you have to understand to "be a good mod" :)
Most of time, you just have to (force you to) remain the same regular without having to discuss a lot about your role.

It depends on number of viewers, on the way she interact with the public, the 'quality' of her regulars, how hard her room is spammed and can change with day and weeks. A few spamming can make living a room which is far too calm , there is no fixed rule imo :/
Same for silencing grays, it can be anti-productive in low frequented room in the beginning of a show and mandatory when room get many users. Once again, if she knows that this is technically possible, and that she can change it during a show, it's the only point.
You can have only to reassure her, when she asks you, that she makes a good choice : ) (whatever the choice she makes)

Last edited:
Asking for any tips on being a good moderator. Dating a camgirl.
Also... if usefull : 'dating' means 'meeting in real life'.
If you really means this and thinks that being mod is a step to a date. Just *forget* immediately.
she only needs a company, and only in her room.

Wow, thanks for the insight! I am not being sarcastic and I caught what I said there after you pointed it out I didn't realize that and I'm actually surprised at myself. A little disappointed as well.

That's a real eye opener in itself.

I appreciate it

• Hugs
Reactions: DoD404
You should read between the lines here, and also take to heart what's been said elsewhere in the thread. She trusts you and gave you some powers, but everything is actually up to her. Discuss bots and stuff with the model, then come here. Just keeping mum and fixing stuff on your own could end up badly.

I've been in your situation a (small) handful of times, but on all but one occasion I asked to be relieved of my "duties" because I just didn't work for her. I.e. she had rules I could not follow or were communicated poorly. Some mods/knights can (inadvertently) ruin a room, and I did not want to be that guy.

On the last occasion though, it worked very well. Some people you sync up with just like that.

I think the name I used is the all in one bot. Blocks grays, does goals, says high tipper, completely customizable. I think it blocked out certain words too. Just wish they had apps and bots for stripchat

I use that one too! You can block any words you like, in "custom wordlist" and turn on "grey wordlist" which filters out certain words automatically.

Asking for any tips on being a good moderator. Dating a camgirl. No issues there. Just seeing if anyone had good experience on being there but not interfering.

From a customer, client standpoint.

I have no jealously let me state. I want my woman to make as much as she can and anything I can do to help I will do so.

Trying to keep bots at bay and let her fans get to interact in the best fashion possible.

Thanks!

Thanks! This is on CB btw

Are you actually dating her in person, or is this a virtual "dating" where she's half a world away from you?

Also, not to be negative. But, is this a case of her asking you to be her mod because you think you're dating a model and it's good to be supportive of her in this way? Or, perhaps she doesn't want to or can't comprehend the technical aspect of working bots?

Personally, I don't like room helpers/mods as I think they can do more harm than good. Add in that most model rooms aren't so busy that they can never work a room

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Nothing negative taken. I do not believe that is the case on the why. I am a shift worker so at the moment I can login while relaxing and just chat with her as she works. She added me one night, I did not indicate that I wanted to be a moderator or other.

I just kind of was not sure what the exact role was. Obviously to keep spam out, or hype the room, relay common answers about when she works etc. I am seeing that is not as much needed due to the available bots, or maybe the actual task of silencing someone creates more of a entry than the spam itself.

Reading back over my initial post to make sure what I wrote, lol. I want advice on what you saw in your experience about moderators in a room, does silencing greys really affect anything and if usually they were seen as a nuisance.

Looks like one is not needed in the end.

In my experience, moderators/helpers are more of a drag on a room. They are constantly encouraging people to tip, either by written word, or by emojis/pics/gifs and very rarely tip themselves. If they do, most times it's just a couple of tokens over the course of hours they're on. Add to it, many have a power trip or personality complex where they think they can do what they want all in the name of protecting the model in keeping order by often times draconic means of "no quarter".

There's a couple of rooms I was in that had room helpers and they were okay. But, still very much chip on their shoulder and answering things the model could've but they jumped in first. If I'm asking the model a question, I'm looking for an answer from her. Not someone else. But, one of the rooms I'm in she has a room helper who does the topic, etc. But, he has no ban/kick ability. It's really funny though because her room never has more than 20 people in it and there's no reason for her needing a helper.

Nice, thanks for the input. Those experiences make sense, I have seen recently where the model had 2 moderators and it did seem odd.

Maybe I will hang back a bit. The only real help I can say I gave recently, that felt really needed was assisting her with a client in finding the Request for Private on his phone. He finally found it lol

I am somewhat of a worrier lol, since this is how she makes money and expresses herself wanted to ask.

Nice, thanks for the input. Those experiences make sense, I have seen recently where the model had 2 moderators and it did seem odd.

Maybe I will hang back a bit. The only real help I can say I gave recently, that felt really needed was assisting her with a client in finding the Request for Private on his phone. He finally found it lol

I am somewhat of a worrier lol, since this is how she makes money and expresses herself wanted to ask.
Are you her boyfriend? Did you meet on CB?

Everything I wrote previously aside, here's another consideration:

How much time do you have to invest in doing this? Can you sit there day after day, for the entire time she's on so you can be her moderator? Yes, there will be some times you can't. But, is she expecting you to be there every chance you can? If not, what's the likeliness of it happening? What happens when it's expected, and you can't or don't want to?

Beyond that, what's your time worth? Would you work for free for someone else with a high time commitment? Please note, I am NOT condoning asking for a portion of her earnings, nor for anything in exchange.. This is a rhetorical question by saying would you go work at a gas station, retail store, etc for free?

Finally, you visit her for fun and enjoyment. If you're "working", will it still be that way?

That is very true. I didn't think about the time aspect that much truthfully since its mostly when I am relaxing before bedtime. I'd usually log in and chat with her while she worked and little on the phone after she was done before I went off to sleep.

So it has not felt was some task I was required to do, at least not yet in any way.

For me, as a pervert/customer, I don't honestly mind moderators at all.

Some people hate a moderator in the room if they (the moderator) is not tipping.
Unless it's absolutely clear that the moderator is the model's partner so then it's not expected. You could, if needed, use a new account and simply call it "Modelsnamemod" or something similar, .

What truly annoys people, or me at least, with the moderators who are not tipping, are the ones constantly posting "tip guys" and "omg isn't she the best" and that kind of stuff.
Yes, she is amazing, you like/love her but it gets annoying to see you (the mod) saying it constantly, every day. And don't be chatting all of the time. A lot of moderators chat just to fill the void. But when you walk into a room and just see a chat full of comments only from greys or moderators, it can be very offputting. And when you add that chat also being filled with GIFs for "tip" and stuff, it is too much. Or maybe this is just me who thinks like this?

For greys, this can depend how you want the chat to be, they can be good to fill the empty quietness, but it depends also what kind of room you want and what kind of greys you seem to attract. Some greys are just rude, demanding, and trolls. Some are complimentary, but that can honestly get TOO annoying and offputting to me (maybe other tippers too?). If I see a grey always there constantly complimenting, it's annoying in the way that it makes me just think "then tip her moron" and then it frustrates me lol. Maybe it's silly of me but honestly, I think others may think the same way too?

Also, try to avoid PMing her unless it's absolutely needed. Remember, a PM to her from you, her partner would be like you constantly sending SMS or calling her when she is at a job elsewhere. If you need to.
There are bots you can use to send to models silently/invisible messages if need be.. or you can do 1 token tip (anonymously if you have Supporter status) and add a tip note for her.

You have to remember that if you're too "lovey" with her in the open then that can potentially spoil the whole desire for some guys. Some guys like to imagine to be able to get with her one day, obviously if she is clearly with another member, then that fantasy is ruined and they won't be spending.

You have to remember that if you're too "lovey" with her in the open then that can potentially spoil the whole desire for some guys. Some guys like to imagine to be able to get with her one day, obviously if she is clearly with another member, then that fantasy is ruined and they won't be spending.

Most of the moderators I've seen who have an attachment to a model are rather quick to ban because they're overly defensive because they're "virtual" boyfriends.

Reactions: NotYou
Have you two met in person &/or serious plans to? Can you actually carry on a long distance relationship long-term and have the funds to do it? It's all too common that guys fall in love with a cam model.

Nothing serious at this point. I believe that we are both enjoying ourselves for the time being. I did read through some of those threads when first joining. I actually registered to use the search function lol.

Nothing serious at this point. I believe that we are both enjoying ourselves for the time being. I did read through some of those threads when first joining. I actually registered to use the search function lol.

Personally, I would not refer to myself as someone's boyfriend in that case. I would also refrain from saying I'm dating someone.

What truly annoys people, or me at least, with the moderators who are not tipping, are the ones constantly posting "tip guys" and "omg isn't she the best" and that kind of stuff.
Yes, she is amazing, you like/love her but it gets annoying to see you (the mod) saying it constantly, every day. And don't be chatting all of the time. A lot of moderators chat just to fill the void. But when you walk into a room and just see a chat full of comments only from greys or moderators, it can be very offputting. And when you add that chat also being filled with GIFs for "tip" and stuff, it is too much. Or maybe this is just me who thinks like this?

No. You're not alone :)
this way to mod as a clown is actually anti-productive and works only with noobs viewers

Most of the moderators I've seen who have an attachment to a model are rather quick to ban because they're overly defensive because they're "virtual" boyfriends.

I personally wouldn't say "most", but these mods/knights are super annoying. It feels like strolling by a club on the opposite side of the street, only to have the bouncer cross the street and start shouting at you. But then again, it's equally annoying when the model herself is pasting a constant stream of tip demands in a dead room. Then you have e.g. StripChat's welcome bot, where some rooms think it's appropriate to post blanket threats and call users cheap assholes three seconds into the visit. Talk about escalating the shadiness of your own neighbourhood and then complain about it.

Reactions: DoD404 and NotYou
I personally wouldn't say "most", but these mods/knights are super annoying. It feels like strolling by a club on the opposite side of the street, only to have the bouncer cross the street and start shouting at you. But then again, it's equally annoying when the model herself is pasting a constant stream of tip demands in a dead room. Then you have e.g. StripChat's welcome bot, where some rooms think it's appropriate to post blanket threats and call users cheap assholes three seconds into the visit. Talk about escalating the shadiness of your own neighbourhood and then complain about it.

I said most I've seen, not most in terms of all of them out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.