AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Logitech C920 Price Raise Holy Shit!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm I'm looking into an affordable camera solution but I've never cammed so is using a dslr camera the same as using a webcam

It's a little more complicated of a setup but SO worth it in quality - I've used mine on Windows and Mac and can help you if you need :) You need external software to make it work.

It's a little more complicated of a setup but SO worth it in quality - I've used mine on Windows and Mac and can help you if you need :) You need external software to make it work.

Supposedly, Canon released a firmware update that makes this easier. I don't have a DSLR, so can't speak to ease. :

EDIT: Just saw @Nigerian Prince posted similar info as well.

Supposedly, Canon released a firmware update that makes this easier. I don't have a DSLR, so can't speak to ease. :

I may have to check into that - I have a T7 Rebel and I LOVE it but on Mac it takes 2 programs to run and on Windows it takes 1 PAID program to run it and OBS seems to have an issue with it only on Windows - Thanks for the heads up!

So things are crazier than I thought. Since I no longer need my webcam I put it on ebay, and someone offered me $500 CAD to to end the auction early and ship it asap....

Damn, that's crazy. I have a C920 that I rarely used before all this. Now, I use it daily for work meetings. Kinda tempted to throw it up on ebay and see what I'll get for it.

Reactions: JustMilfnAround
I may have to check into that - I have a T7 Rebel and I LOVE it but on Mac it takes 2 programs to run and on Windows it takes 1 PAID program to run it and OBS seems to have an issue with it only on Windows - Thanks for the heads up!

Damnit - the update is only for Windows 10 64 bit and mine just turned itself into a paperweight the other day so I bought a new Mac - That's all good though I'll just keep sing CameraLive and CamTwist fr now - hopefully they will update and provide a Mac version - CamTwist is pretty hard on my system.

Damn, that's crazy. I have a C920 that I rarely used before all this. Now, I use it daily for work meetings. Kinda tempted to throw it up on ebay and see what I'll get for it.

I no joke about 3 weeks before this kicked up sold my extra BCC950 at my yard sale for $30 - I could probably get $200+ for it now..... UGH LOL

With 2/3 of the world doing everything online, demand for webcams is high. Lots of of brands, nock offs.

Looks like Logitech has a new 1080p camera, Logitech StreamCam, 60FPS USB-C.

I no joke about 3 weeks before this kicked up sold my extra BCC950 at my yard sale for $30 - I could probably get $200+ for it now..... UGH LOL

This might sound crazy to some. But, I refuse to do yard/garage sales. Instead, I will sell on ebay or the like what I can, the rest gets donated. I keep lists of what I donate for tax purposes. I get more money this way, and less hassle of having to deal with people.

This might sound crazy to some. But, I refuse to do yard/garage sales. Instead, I will sell on ebay or the like what I can, the rest gets donated. I keep lists of what I donate for tax purposes. I get more money this way, and less hassle of having to deal with people.

I feel ya on this and would much rather do it that way but I have had little to no luck with eBay as of late. I have been selling rare no longer on the market toys for many years and used to make a decent monthly side income off of them and also had to close my brick and mortar business and tried eBay but the last 9 months it has been impossible to get sales there for some reason..... Got to a point where I just wanted all of that stuff out of my garage - I'm about ready to have Goodwill come pick it all up LOL

With 2/3 of the world doing everything online, demand for webcams is high. Lots of of brands, nock offs.

Looks like Logitech has a new 1080p camera, Logitech StreamCam, 60FPS USB-C.

OMG that is NICE! I want something portable for when I decide to switch rooms so I don't have to lug around my tripod and Cannon :) Thanks for this!!

I feel ya on this and would much rather do it that way but I have had little to no luck with eBay as of late. I have been selling rare no longer on the market toys for many years and used to make a decent monthly side income off of them and also had to close my brick and mortar business and tried eBay but the last 9 months it has been impossible to get sales there for some reason..... Got to a point where I just wanted all of that stuff out of my garage - I'm about ready to have Goodwill come pick it all up LOL

Oh, didn't realize that you were also a store owner at one point. I can kind of understand the frustration then. eBay really is hit or miss. I have some specialty items that I feel are are too specific to put on eBay, so will post on forums I'm on. The downside is then I have to price it higher and be talked down to what I'm willing to let it go for. When it's items I'm just looking to get rid of, but won't be of value to Goodwill, I'll throw on eBay for $1 and someone usually takes it. Couple of times I've been surprised on how much it actually sells for.

At the moment, I'm trying to get rid of stuff post move. I downsized my living space when I relocated for a new job, and don't have room for everything. So, it's up on ebay for super cheap and the bonus is that it helps get rid of boxes I used to move or orders I made while here. Hopefully I get rid of it all before I want to move again.

As to the StreamCam, I think there's a couple of comments on it in the camera thread where someone said it wasn't as good as it should be.

Im from the uk. I only had a £100 ($125usd) budget to spend on my first webcam. The only cam I could find for this money was a logitech c270 off of ebay. It cost me £89 ($111usd). Normally I could of got a much better webcam for this money, but alot of sellers on ebay and Amazon have tripled their prices. I can't wait until this lockdown is over so I can get a better quality webcam.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beawaresweety
Yeah, I noticed that too. I was really lucky - on the day I bought mine the prices were starting to climb! It must have been around the time the lockdown was being announced. (I am UK based) there was literally another lady in the same shop after the same cam - neither of us got it, but I quickly placed an online order.
An hour later they had doubled in price!

I am really glad I bought it! It felt like a big gamble because all my work has gotten cancelled, but I made the money back and am really enjoying it too. 🤗

Hi guys
Can anyone tell me, what is the best camera for zooming in and out, plus will let you pan around the room with a remote control???

After the lockdown, and the webcam prices come down, I need to upgrade my equipment.

Yep, just purchased a USED C290 for $248. (I am also terrible at software so I'm not even sure I'm using all it has to offer!!! )
What? Damn thats crazy. They are around 120 now here, new.

I was able to buy mine used from someone for $150. Was checking offerup, letgo, craigslist, fb marketplace to find one

It's been insane trying to get a hold of a camera without forking over a small fortune!! I just checked the logitech website and the c920 was in stock for $100 CAD. :party:

So couldn't find a logitech for a decent amount of money. Seems ludicrous the price has gone up so much so I wasn't willing to pay the current market value as it was not that price 2 months ago.

I'm downloaded droidcam for my android phone and it's working but it's laggy and its not great for evening shows because my lighting needs to be better. Thinking I may have to upgrade my phone for a better phone camera and maybe just maybe it will make me look better.

Has anyone use droid cam?

So couldn't find a logitech for a decent amount of money. Seems ludicrous the price has gone up so much so I wasn't willing to pay the current market value as it was not that price 2 months ago.

I'm downloaded droidcam for my android phone and it's working but it's laggy and its not great for evening shows because my lighting needs to be better. Thinking I may have to upgrade my phone for a better phone camera and maybe just maybe it will make me look better.

I have, and it sucks. Try Larix Broadcaster instead

I would keep an eye on Logitech's website, the prices are more reasonable. But, they are out of stock on everyting due to high demand. You might be able to find midgrade cameras from other vendors elsewhere.

It doesn't help with your current situation, unless you use the webcam that's built into your computer. If it has one that is.

Got some good feedback on my android phone as webcam for those looking to sidestep the logitech. Quality is really good.

I purchased ivcam then input to OBS. Works on high res 1920x1080 too. (depends on phone).

I have never ordered from Aliexpress and I don’t live in the states so I’m not sure if it even ships there... but I just ordered one at far less of a price than what’s on amazon and they seem to have a ton of sellers, so if anyone needs a camera, I hope this helps. Just ordered it now so I’ll (hopefully remember to) update on how long it takes to arrive, although it promised at most 2 weeks.

View attachment 83922
So to update... my AliExpress camera came in perfect condition about a week ago.. making it almost 2 months for it to arrive. Granted, I do not live in the United States, and most packages take several weeks to get to me (including Amazon), so perhaps somewhere where packages arrive fast may have the cameras arrive quicker.

My recco, if you need a camera and the price on AliExpress is right, would be to order with the expectation that it could take 2 months, and hope for the best. Probably a good place to order a backup camera if yours isn't broken yet. To me, beats paying $200 for a Logitech C920e! Unless you're desperate, then by all means pay pay pay... cheers & happy camming!

• Helpful!
Reactions: LydiaFrost
On a side note: there is a small cache of Logitech C920 HD Pro webcams stashed away in our sales dept, and they go for the equivalent of USD 200 now if anyone is desperate enough. They used to be half that pre corona. So yes, demand and prices have skyrocketed.

(This was not a sales pitch)

Damnit - the update is only for Windows 10 64 bit and mine just turned itself into a paperweight the other day so I bought a new Mac - That's all good though I'll just keep sing CameraLive and CamTwist fr now - hopefully they will update and provide a Mac version - CamTwist is pretty hard on my system.

Cannon has released the EOS Webcam Beta for MAC! Finally! Work like a dream and cuts down on me having to have all of these external programs running to use my DSLR as a webcam :) STOKED!

It's because webcams are in such high demand with lockdowns all over the world, and of course with delays and limited shipping stock isn't being replenished as quickly as usual. As soon as all the shops opened back up again where I am a few weeks ago I looked around a bunch of places, and not only had they sold out of C920's, but ALL webcams! Next Logitech shipment wont be until at least July apparently. I've actually resorted to renting one for the time being (the C615 I was using was a bit shit and the $25 (NZD) I'm paying for a C920 seems worth it if it's going to help me make a bit extra).

There are some import webcams now available on amazon in the normal price ranges. When you look at this cameras here's some things to checklist they have before you choose one;

1. Camera supports at least 1080p at 30fps
2. If the Camera has autofocus or fixed focus. Make sure the focus range is decent between 50cm and 2-3 meters. (This is up to preference but if you choose auto focus make sure it's clear HOW it's adjusted or able to be disabled if needed)
3. The viewing angle of the lens itself (stay between 110 and 160 degrees)
4. The built in mic has noise reduction or not (without noise reduction you're more prone to getting feedback if your using large speakers for sound)
5. Should be plug and play.
6. The comes with a tripod mount threading under it. This is so you can mount it on a tripod or rig in the future
7. regardless if you have amazon prime or not sort by prime anyways so at least you're seeing camera that are at an amazon warehouse so you aren't waiting for it to arrive by boat in a month.
8. At the moment you can find competitive to logitech webcams on there between $50-$70USD range again.
9. BEWARE IPHONE WEBCAMERA!! These look like normal webcams but are phone cameras with phone filmware still in them and will operate in vertical framing like a cell phone camera.

A webcam offer that doesn't have most or all this information available should probably be avoided or the reviews should be scrutinized before the make the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.