AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Not sure what you experienced on our site, but I can assure you that we do not hide the models/thumbnails while they are in exclusives. I just went ahead and did a test and I can see the models whom are in exclusives on the pages. You may have to connect to customer support and just file a report with what you are experiencing :)
You should start ignoring him. He complains about the most nonsensical bullshit and is overall a miserable bloke. Also is wrong a lot of the times.

Upvote 0
You should start ignoring him. He complains about the most nonsensical bullshit and is overall a miserable bloke. Also is wrong a lot of the times.

Telling someone they shouldn't do their job because you don't like them is as unprofessional as you can get. Imagine if this was a model you were talking about. You personally complain about bad SM support all the time and then suggest to the one that actually went the extra mile to do LESS?

I admit he writes this stuff without even reading the answers he's already provided in past threads and I have no idea how his problem is a 'problem' since you can't do anything with an exclusive model till they return anyway. At the same time support isn't a JOB for us here and he's not OUR customer like he is for her. Being able to deal with difficult customers and still give good support is a hard talent to find.

I honestly applaud her at least giving him the benefit of doubt and even testing the issue herself. I can't praise her enough for just the replies she gave in this thread alone.

Reactions: Catalina SM
Upvote 0
Telling someone they shouldn't do their job because you don't like them is as unprofessional as you can get. Imagine if this was a model you were talking about. You personally complain about bad SM support all the time and then suggest to the one that actually went the extra mile to do LESS?

I admit he writes this stuff without even reading the answers he's already provided in past threads and I have no idea how his problem is a 'problem' since you can't do anything with an exclusive model till they return anyway. At the same time support isn't a JOB for us here and he's not OUR customer like he is for her. Being able to deal with difficult customers and still give good support is a hard talent to find.

I honestly applaud her at least giving him the benefit of doubt and even testing the issue herself. I can't praise her enough for just the replies she gave in this thread alone.
Ignore him too.

Upvote 0
The per minute rates are increased gradually based on the billing per hour. Once it's increasing, the per minute rates will also be increased. So give it a bit of time :)

HI Catalina!

Thanks so much for all your helpful replies, I am loving life on Streamate! I am curious what the threshold is when I can increase the prices? I have been averaging a high paid time online percentage and $ per hour average. Just last night I had 90% paid time online and $111/hour average. Can you tell me what the timeline is for accessing higher rates?
Thanks so much!!

Upvote 0
HI Catalina!

Thanks so much for all your helpful replies, I am loving life on Streamate! I am curious what the threshold is when I can increase the prices? I have been averaging a high paid time online percentage and $ per hour average. Just last night I had 90% paid time online and $111/hour average. Can you tell me what the timeline is for accessing higher rates?
Thanks so much!!
Contact support and request it.

Upvote 0
Contact support and request it.
Historically I've had a bitch of a time with SM support through regular access channels - it took almost 11 months to get this account approved, and I STILL don't have my couples account approved (applied at the same time). 🙄

But I did just now send an email to support, so thanks for the nudge! Fingers crossed that they get back to me with some good news

Upvote 0
Historically I've had a bitch of a time with SM support through regular access channels - it took almost 11 months to get this account approved, and I STILL don't have my couples account approved (applied at the same time). 🙄

But I did just now send an email to support, so thanks for the nudge! Fingers crossed that they get back to me with some good news
Sent you a DM for extra help :)

Reactions: EdenEverafter
Upvote 0
HI Catalina!

Thanks so much!!

Hi Eden,

If you already reached over 100$/h, you should have it increased to 10$/min or even 15$/min. Did you contact support about this already?

Upvote 0

Eden,

Are you from North America? If you are for example from Europe, you can also contact me separately (my Skype and email are in my signature here)

Upvote 0
@Catalina SM who should us North American models contact? Liz? Or Vanessa? Or someone else. And could you supply their contact info. I gave Eden Liz's email, but is there someone else we should be contacting?
Liz@streamate.com is another contact that can be used besides the regular support. So if you email support and within 24-maximum 48h you do not get a reply to your inquiry, you can email liz@ as well. If you have Vanessa's details, she can also be contacted :).

Upvote 0
Liz@streamate.com is another contact that can be used besides the regular support. So if you email support and within 24-maximum 48h you do not get a reply to your inquiry, you can email liz@ as well. If you have Vanessa's details, she can also be contacted :).
Thank you very much! And to verify so Liz doesn't get a bunch of emails from members, this is for models only correct?

Reactions: EdenEverafter
Upvote 0
So I have been experiencing lags when I try to use the record feature while doing pvts with customers. Has anybody experienced this? They either complain to me about that or they sometimes get kicked out of my room when I try to use this feature.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much! And to verify so Liz doesn't get a bunch of emails from members, this is for models only correct?
Yes, models only. Customers have live support, phone support and email support directly on the website :).

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
So I have been experiencing lags when I try to use the record feature while doing pvts with customers. Has anybody experienced this? They either complain to me about that or they sometimes get kicked out of my room when I try to use this feature.

Hi,

If your streaming settings appear colored in green and they are stable, then this is not an issue on your end. It can just be a connection issue on the users side and they can file reports or just go to support and do troubleshooting to see how their issue can be solved. It's also worth to check on your equipment to make sure it's working properly (CPU usage while streaming, make sure once a day you clear cache and cookies from your browser, try to not open too many tabs in your browser and keep do not any other apps running in your PC). If you keep only SMConnect open, then your streaming quality will also run smoothly.

Upvote 0

I have it set to automatically start recording whenever I go private, and I've not had any issues that I'm aware

Reactions: Venxs and SirenCove
Upvote 0
Members keeping telling my they see a black screen, but my bitrate and stream quality is excellent. Anyone else having this issue?

Upvote 0
@Catalina SM is there a clear set of qualifications a model must meet to increase their rates? I keep seeing a lot of new models who have rates that are over $6 for private and exclusive. I have been on the site since last November and have my rates set at the max allowed rate of 5.99. Is there anything you can recommend that would help allow us, models, to know what qualifications we must meet to increase our rates and qualify for gold shows? The site is very vague on what those qualifications are.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
@Catalina SM is there a clear set of qualifications a model must meet to increase their rates? I keep seeing a lot of new models who have rates that are over $6 for private and exclusive. I have been on the site since last November and have my rates set at the max allowed rate of 5.99. Is there anything you can recommend that would help allow us, models, to know what qualifications we must meet to increase our rates and qualify for gold shows? The site is very vague on what those qualifications are.
also i would be interested in knowing the reason for this? why pigeon-hole you new models into earning less than their potential. if it's set your own rates, why force them to accept low rates out the gate? instead of giving everyone even playing field when they enter.

$5.99 per minute is $2.09 per minute for models. which isn't that much when you are only able to accept privates for shows.

Upvote 0

Hi,

The default rate limits are in place for a number of reasons including everything from member behavior to keeping the risk of fraud low. However this doesn't mean that you can't increase the max rate - if you'd like to increase your max rate, feel free to contact smsupport@streamate.com and we can look to see if your account qualifies. Things we look for: How long has your account been active with Streamate? Have there been any/many chargebacks/complaints/violations on your account? Is your account in good standing overall?

As for the Gold Shows, it is usually enabled automatically from the 1st week if the performance was excellent (5 stars on the profile, high earnings per hour and excellent streaming quality).

Upvote 0
As for the Gold Shows, it is usually enabled automatically from the 1st week if the performance was excellent (5 stars on the profile, high earnings per hour and excellent streaming quality).
Hi! Thanks for helping us all out on this thread. I started on Streamate in April. I have an average 5 star rating (I've gotten two 4 stars since starting, otherwise all 5 stars), my stream quality is always excellent (HD as well as fast internet), and my earnings per hour were enough to qualify me for a max rate of $14.99 the first time I asked for a max rate raise. I haven't asked for Gold Show access because the site says it should be given automatically. Is there any other qualification I have to meet? I'm usually only online about 10 hours a week or less -- could this be why I'm not eligible?

Upvote 0
Hi! Thanks for helping us all out on this thread. I started on Streamate in April. I have an average 5 star rating (I've gotten two 4 stars since starting, otherwise all 5 stars), my stream quality is always excellent (HD as well as fast internet), and my earnings per hour were enough to qualify me for a max rate of $14.99 the first time I asked for a max rate raise. I haven't asked for Gold Show access because the site says it should be given automatically. Is there any other qualification I have to meet? I'm usually only online about 10 hours a week or less -- could this be why I'm not eligible?

You need to have at least 90h/month, excellent ratings and excellent streaming quality to be able to qualify for Gold Shows.

Upvote 0
You need to have at least 90h/month, excellent ratings and excellent streaming quality to be able to qualify for Gold Shows.
The old my ranking page used to be a great tool on tracking your monthly hours and average favorites. It was a huge bummer when that was removed. Can we please have it back? Especially to help new models to track their progress.

Upvote 0
The old my ranking page used to be a great tool on tracking your monthly hours and average favorites. It was a huge bummer when that was removed. Can we please have it back? Especially to help new models to track their progress.
I second this request @Catalina SM. It made it so much easier to track stats!

Upvote 0

We are working on bringing other kinds of reports which can help all our performers, so keep an eye on the newsletters :)

Upvote 0

I'm about to join SM again, and solely did Gold Shows. Does this mean I would have to wait a month before getting that enabled? With 90hrs put in..?

Upvote 0
I'm about to join SM again, and solely did Gold Shows. Does this mean I would have to wait a month before getting that enabled? With 90hrs put in..?

If you did not get it enabled so far, then yes you need to have excellent rating, minimum of 90hrs/month and excellent streaming quality.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SMuser69
Upvote 0