AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is getting banned from a chat room (on Chaturbate) right after tipping common?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2020
Back story: So I had tipped this model and in the time it took me to look down at my phone and back up I was banned. I can think of no reason as to why I was banned, as while it was a low tip the stream had just started so I don't think it could be considered mouching?

My main question is this: Is getting banned from a room (for no seeable reason) right after tipping common on Chaturbate?

While I saw ppl banned by mistake (usually in crowded rooms - the model wanted to ban someone else), the "back story" is too vague to answer. Were you for the first time in that room, have you been there before, or are you a regular in that room? Are we talking a small room or a big/crowded one? How much was the tip, did it happen to be 25 tokens?

I've mistakenly banned someone who tipped once; it can definitely happen on accident, especially if the chat is bumping up faster than you're able to click on a user and before you know it, you banned the wrong person. I've also come close to banning people while trying to make them mods.

If they have other social media linked (like an email or twitter) I'd ask them there. It can't hurt to ask. If not, I think you can still tip people who've banned you, so you could send a 1tk tip asking if it was an accident? From your description it sounds like a mistake, unless there was a tip note included that didn't sit well with her, maybe?

Nobody here can read her mind, but I think most of us would agree that it's not common.

I think you can still tip people who've banned you, so you could send a 1tk tip asking if it was an accident?
No, he can't :
If it's a ban, he is kicked from the room and can't enter for at least 3 months. His other accounts can also be banned :/
If it's a silence, any tip messages will be hidden as well (replaced with smt like 'message hidden as user is mute' ), she will only see tips.

When you made an error and see it, as a broadcaster you can fix it in your chat parameters and unban/unsilence the guy.
You can also change it to a permanent ban (not limited by this default period of 3 months)

(also, as a mod can only silence guys, and can make mistakes you can use it or to unsilence the guy or to transform the silence into a ban)

@MousyLion @DoD404 my bad! I think I was getting that part confused with a different site. While trying to confirm on my end if there really was an option to ban a banned user from tipping, I saw "Bans expire after 1 month by default" on the ban section and remembered that chaturbaters have to manually go into their ban history and make a ban permanent.
So it's not 3 months by default, to be clear. It's 1 month or permanent as far as I see on my page.

Obviously I don't want OP to wait 4 weeks for an answer, but I do think it might be worth noting that bans aren't permanent unless the broadcaster individually makes them so on a separate pop-up.

Reactions: DoD404
My main question is this: Is getting banned from a room (for no seeable reason) right after tipping common on Chaturbate?
If you are 100% positive that the ban happened for no reason at all, consider it a mistake on the model's part and move on. And since we now have established it was a mistake, it was also not personal.
Pro tip: there are over 5000 models online on CB this exact moment. Go find your bliss with one that doesn't make mistakes.

i have banned people by mistake, but i usually catch myself banning the wrong person, and quickly unban. fairly certain EVERY model has done this before. so to say other models dont make mistakes, is false

a model can ban you for literally anything. her room her rules.
i'll ban:
if your screenname is offensive or inflammatory
if your screenname is centered around a kink i do not offer
if your screenname is my real name or similar to someone i know irl
if you try to micromanage my emotions by telling me to "calm down"
if you call me derogatory names
if you are an emotional vacuum
if you make a backhand compliment
if you bash other models
if you wait the last second before tipping into a show right before the counter ends when you have been in my room for 10+ minutes and chatting (this is more centered around streamate than chaturbate)
if you try haggling
if you ask to bundle my videos
if you will not stop pushing my boundaries after i explicitly said no
if you thrust your fetishes on me without seeking consent
if you act like you know me in real life
if you shame other members for their kinks
if you talk negatively about my husband
if you try to play captain save-a-ho
if you have a bad attitude

Last edited:
Back story: So I had tipped this model and in the time it took me to look down at my phone and back up I was banned. I can think of no reason as to why I was banned, as while it was a low tip the stream had just started so I don't think it could be considered mouching?

It's a problem of scale. If you're a member that enters a lot of rooms by scale it will be more common or less common of a problem. I'm currently looking for a new model that serves my fetish so I've been averaging 5-10 new rooms a week on CB. On average I get at least one ban a week for odd logic reasons (lurking in a room, not saying hello in enough time, not tipping after the model says 'hi' back). Last time I was in a situation where I got banned after tipping was done by a bad mod and not the model directly. The model corrected the ban but I left anyways. This was several years ago though.

When I finally find the right model these things won't matter, but again the more you roam any site the more likely you'll come into models that make self-destructive choices from a member's point of view.

i have banned people by mistake, but i usually catch myself banning the wrong person, and quickly unban. fairly certain EVERY model has done this before. so to say other models dont make mistakes, is false

a model can ban you for literally anything. her room her rules.
i'll ban:
if your screenname is offensive or inflammatory
if your screenname is centered around a kink i do not offer
if your screenname is my real name or similar to someone i know irl
if you try to micromanage my emotions by telling me to "calm down"
if you call me derogatory names
if you are an emotional vacuum
if you make a backhand compliment
if you bash other models
if you wait the last second before tipping into a show right before the counter ends when you have been in my room for 10+ minutes and chatting (this is more centered around streamate than chaturbate)
if you try haggling
if you ask to bundle my videos
if you will not stop pushing my boundaries after i explicitly said no
if you thrust your fetishes on me without seeking consent
if you act like you know me in real life
if you shame other members for their kinks
if you talk negatively about my husband
if you try to play captain save-a-ho
if you have a bad attitude
aww you just reminded me of another big annoyance on CB. Guys telling you to “calm down”. I get that a lot. At least I have a personality, but ya micromanaging a models emotions, not cool.

It's a problem of scale. If you're a member that enters a lot of rooms by scale it will be more common or less common of a problem. I'm currently looking for a new model that serves my fetish so I've been averaging 5-10 new rooms a week on CB. On average I get at least one ban a week for odd logic reasons (lurking in a room, not saying hello in enough time, not tipping after the model says 'hi' back). Last time I was in a situation where I got banned after tipping was done by a bad mod and not the model directly. The model corrected the ban but I left anyways. This was several years ago though.

When I finally find the right model these things won't matter, but again the more you roam any site the more likely you'll come into models that make self-destructive choices from a member's point of view.
Speaking from a models perspective, not all customers are good customers. Often, dealing with certain users and requests just isn’t worth the emotional labor. And it is ALOT of emotional labor. Some of us are more selective with who we do “business” with to protect our own mental health and prevent burn-out. And some customers are just not the “right fit” in terms of personality or other factors.

Speaking from a models perspective not all customers are good customers. Often, dealing with certain users and requests just isn’t worth the emotional labor. And it is ALOT of emotional labor. Sone of us are more selective with who we do “business” with to protect our own mental health and prevent burn-out.

I don't believe anyone has questioned that models NEVER have valid reasons to ban people from their rooms. I'm not sure why you quoted me with this since I was mostly describing my experiences where models/mods were banning even before 'business' could even begin (how you do business before having a chance to speak?). My point is how the scale of interaction can make the issue of ban happy model rooms appear wider scale. (models will never jump through as many rooms as an average member)

I was simply responding to what you said from a models perspective—nothing more , nothing less. I was not discounting what you said or criticing you in any way—so not sure why you asked why I quoted you.

I was simply responding to what you said from a models perspective—nothing more , nothing less. I was not discounting what you said or criticing you in any way—so not sure why you asked why I quoted you.
He has issues. Ignore him.

While I saw ppl banned by mistake (usually in crowded rooms - the model wanted to ban someone else), the "back story" is too vague to answer. Were you for the first time in that room, have you been there before, or are you a regular in that room? Are we talking a small room or a big/crowded one? How much was the tip, did it happen to be 25 tokens?
nope wasn't that crowed at all, if I recall correctly less then five people, and I had been there a few times, and I believe it was 5 tokens

I have have a hair trigger on bans. If anything brings down the mood of my room or pisses me off ya gotta go. Debby downers in cam rooms have made sooo many members leave. @AudriTwo posted a ton of great reasons. And nope, it's not a bad business move to ban those who shit on your parade. That's good business.

To OP, could be any reason. Most of us would have to have seen the situation to really judge.

nope wasn't that crowed at all, if I recall correctly less then five people, and I had been there a few times, and I believe it was 5 tokens

That narrows it a bit.
Did you ask for something for that tip? If not, nothing wrong with 5tk. All tips are good.

5 ppl rules out a mistake. That can happen in big rooms - not your case. Even so, a good model removes a ban given by mistake later, you should try her room again later.

If you did nothing that could annoy her (AudriTwo's above list is a good one to check, but each model has her own...) than that model is not worth your time/tokens, leave her be, find another.

@helisodulad

Happened to me a few times. Even after dropping a 1200 token tip. I was like, WTF???? 😂
I'm guessing a mistaken identity issue. User name is similar to someone who may have caused issues for the broadcaster. Who knows.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
years ago in a models room that wasn't getting any tips , I tipped to try and get things started when the model went on a banning rage because no one else was tipping and banned me ,
I have never tipped her since

That narrows it a bit.
Did you ask for something for that tip? If not, nothing wrong with 5tk. All tips are good.

5 ppl rules out a mistake. That can happen in big rooms - not your case. Even so, a good model removes a ban given by mistake later, you should try her room again later.

If you did nothing that could annoy her (AudriTwo's above list is a good one to check, but each model has her own...) than that model is not worth your time/tokens, leave her be, find another.
Nah it was just 5 tokens, either way bans only really last for 2 months it seems so not a loss.

I banned a guy on CB Yesterday who tipped 30 tokens because he liked my tits. Then I had another user ask about phone sex which I do, but started talking about offline payments in the public chat. I explained I work on a token site and it’s against CB rules , and he should familiarize himself with cb TOS. User who tipped then said (after hearing conversation). “Nice, tits, but shitty attitude”. That criticism got him a permanent ban. It’s uncalled for and he should have just left the room if he didn’t enjoy me educating the other user in my room about CB tos.

Watched ehotlova two nights ago and she banned her current high tipper. He must have said something in tip note she didn't like because he got his ass banned right after he told her if she didn't unblock his other account no more tips for her. I think he tipped almost 4k. She doesn't play. Half shook, half impressed at the balls on her.

years ago in a models room that wasn't getting any tips , I tipped to try and get things started when the model went on a banning rage because no one else was tipping and banned me ,
I have never tipped her since
I get annoyed also when there is only 1 tipper tipping for everyone. This happens a lot on CB. I usually offer that 1 tipper a password show and leave public chat to do it with them. The tipper is usually happy and so am I, as I don’t think it’s fair for 1 person to fund everyone’s entertainment.

Watched ehotlova two nights ago and she banned her current high tipper. He must have said something in tip note she didn't like because he got his ass banned right after he told her if she didn't unblock his other account no more tips for her. I think he tipped almost 4k. She doesn't play. Half shook, half impressed at the balls on her.

:rofl: She banned me as well quite some time ago.
I tipped her 100 with a tip note saying she looked lovely on that day. Guess she did not like being called lovely. :woops:
I didn't take it to heart as we all know she's ban happy.

Edit..
Still banned. :D

Screenshot (391).png

Last edited:
Reactions: DoD404
Status
Not open for further replies.