AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Background Check

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2020
So I recently started camming about three weeks ago, To be honest no idea why I really did it but I was getting popular really fast. Some of my shows got recorded. I have been going through a lot and I think I felt like rebelling I want to be a teacher some day. And am scared this might jepordize it, I cammed under a different name. So back to my question, I was about to cash out, but realized I am on unemployment and it might mess it up with me, I cancelled the check they sent, it got voided. I have been letting my tokens add up and when I get a legit career, which would be as a teacher I wanted to cash out on my tokens. I did fill out the payment fourm before, granted now I never got a check from it etc. Do you think it will show up on my background check?? Do you think waiting till I land a legit job as a teacher is a good idea to cash out? Just want a little advice if possible.

I think you should be less worried about a background check and more worried about continuing to cam in general. If you want to teach or work with underage youth in any capacity this is not the job for you. Stop while you are ahead, don't film or stream anymore, cash out (maybe) and shut down any adult profiles you have. Im not sure how cashing out will effect your unemployment but I would imagine that there is potential for you to lose it so definitely take that into consideration before doing so.

Most background checks look for a criminal record, so camming wouldn't show up. When it comes to unemployment, look up your state's requirements - I'm in Iowa and when I file every week, it asks if I worked, then asks if it was self-employment, which is NOT counted against my weekly claim amount. Camming, etc, is 1099 work and therefore self-employment. My unemployment is for the office job that I had until my temp contract is up, so that's what the income is for, and camming doesn't take away from that amount. If I were to get another vanilla job, I would be required to report those earnings, and they would be deducted from my weekly payment.

However, like Elay said, you want to stop camming NOW if you're intending to work with minors. If a parent, student, or faculty finds your stuff, it's a guarantee that you'll be fired and have trouble getting hired again. If you need some side income for the moment, doing a phone site like Niteflirt may be a better option - since you're playing a "character", the site is OK with you using a stock image (that you've obtained rights to, of course) to avoid showing your face or other images that could reveal your identity. You may also want to look into reselling sites like Poshmark and Depop, or check ratracerebellion.com for work-from-home gigs.

Thank you ladies for your help! I looked and saw that CB tokens do not expire. I was thinking of camming and not showing my face. I switched to non nude. Its really hard because the cash and everything has got super addicting. I just am more worried about cashing out and it showing up on my background. I feel like no one will ever see it. I have my state blocked. I have been recorded I tried getting some of the videos taken down and it does not seem to be really working, does anyone have any advice about that? When I switched to non nude no one records me anymore.

Thank you ladies for your help! I looked and saw that CB tokens do not expire. I was thinking of camming and not showing my face. I switched to non nude. Its really hard because the cash and everything has got super addicting. I just am more worried about cashing out and it showing up on my background. I feel like no one will ever see it. I have my state blocked. I have been recorded I tried getting some of the videos taken down and it does not seem to be really working, does anyone have any advice about that? When I switched to non nude no one records me anymore.

You could always cashout using bitcoin. Once the bitcoin gets to an exchange there would be no way to link it back to your chaturbate account, unless for some strange reason your work place was able to force the exchange to release that info, which I'm sure even law enforcement would have a hard time doing.

Even non nude camming can still be considered a violation of any ethics clause/personal conduct that can come with a teaching position. If that's your dream I'd get out of camming. Sucks but I wouldn't jeopardize your dream.

Even non nude camming can still be considered a violation of any ethics clause/personal conduct that can come with a teaching position. If that's your dream I'd get out of camming. Sucks but I wouldn't jeopardize your dream.

Yeah I think I am going to stop it. It sucks because I make so much money while this corona virus is going on. I feel like I have a lot to loose. I think im going to slow my roll on the cam. Do you know any ways to remove your videos or pictures from the web?

You could always cashout using bitcoin. Once the bitcoin gets to an exchange there would be no way to link it back to your chaturbate account, unless for some strange reason your work place was able to force the exchange to release that info, which I'm sure even law enforcement would have a hard time doing.

I am not familiar with bitcoin. Could you explain more?

yeah they do i get paid by bitcoin. you in USA maybe it's only for USA i don't know.
it's more a question of format :
Try a different wallet? I remember a year ago someone on reddit was talking about having a 62 character bitcoin address and found out that it was considfered a bech22 segwit address and that CB didn't support that. Unfortunately thats the only time i've ever seen someone talking about anything regarding bitcoin address size.

it's more a question of format :
To be slightly less vague about it: Chaturbate do indeed have a bitcoin payout option.

@Littleblondethang: Bitcoin is for all practical purposes a separate currency (like USD, EUR etc.), where your money sit in a secret account (a "wallet") on the internet. Money goes in and out of this wallet when you earn or spend bitcoin, and nobody but you have access to the transaction details. Look here for the "dummies" explanation: https://bitcoin.org/en/how-it-works

As far as I know Background checks do not show employment history, the only way they get it is if they do a credit check and you provided your employment information to a company that ran your current and passed along that employment information to a credit bureau.
Exactly this. The biggest concern is someone finding the content.

As far as I know Background checks do not show employment history, the only way they get it is if they do a credit check and you provided your employment information to a company that ran your current and passed along that employment information to a credit bureau.

Background checks typically are criminal records and credit checks. Employment history is typically self reported and rarely ever is updated on your credit report.

That being said, there are also many levels of background investigations. Some jobs require financial disclosures and history, others require ten years of employment history, personal and professional references who have known you for many years, as well as who your relatives are. Though, these are exceptionally rare and highly specific to certain jobs.

For jobs such as teaching, or anything that may be related to children, it'll be more about the type of work one did.

Background checks typically are criminal records and credit checks. Employment history is typically self reported and rarely ever is updated on your credit report.

That being said, there are also many levels of background investigations. Some jobs require financial disclosures and history, others require ten years of employment history, personal and professional references who have known you for many years, as well as who your relatives are. Though, these are exceptionally rare and highly specific to certain jobs.

For jobs such as teaching, or anything that may be related to children, it'll be more about the type of work one did.

So basically what you are saying is if I cash out they will see that I once did webcamming? I have not cashed out yet.

To make yourself more likely to be employed as a teacher (primary or high school), stop camming pretty much now. Clear whatever you can remove. There is no exception...

So basically what you are saying is if I cash out they will see that I once did webcamming? I have not cashed out yet.

No, not saying that at all. What I was saying is that there's different levels of background checks employers may do. But, it's unlikely that they'll dig into your background too much. If you go with a religious based private school, then they might be more extensive and may ask you to sign a contract with a morality clause in it.

But, I personally would stop camming now and cash out. Start focusing on getting that job and moving forward. Start doing tutoring work if you have to, or summer school, etc. Anything that you can start doing to build that resume for your future career.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Beautiful thing about Chaturbate is it's easy to transfer tokens from one performer to another. A lot of models split tokens when they cam together as it makes it so much easier for taxes when they cash out. One option is to transfer your tokens to someone you know and trust ( like a bf or friend who isn't concerned about that showing up) for them to cash out for you. Not sure how much you have in tokens Usually don't have to report anything under $500 in income from a source on taxes.

But this should seriously have been thought through before given what you want to do with your future career. All cam models have to deal with the potential of being doxxed or understanding that sex work isn't considered to be a "moral" choice with many future employers. Please keep your end goal in mind as this could have been the blip that destroyed your dream. Cam work can be freaking amazing when it comes to income and freedom with scheduling but it comes at a cost.

I've never been in a situation where it's less than $500. But, for some reason I was thinking if it's 1099 you have to report it?
A 1099 is only issued by most camsites once you earn $600.

Reactions: Chiara_Montague
Status
Not open for further replies.