AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

#Newbie CB Cam Couple: 100% effort = Negative results

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2020
Hi everyone,

After a few weeks on Chaturbate as a couple (M/F), we started off okay in terms of viewer numbers and tokens earned but then quite sharply, without changing anything that we do or time we broadcast, everything has just stopped.

We go online for only 1hr+ per night, 6 or 7 nights per week (trying to juggling my girlfriends day job working hours which make availability a bit limited).

First couple of weeks we watched viewer numbers on average seemingly grow, with between 10 to a maximum of 186 viewers. We earned 450 tokens in first 2 weeks.

THEN IT ALL STOPPED.

We changed nothing, we enjoy doing it, we interact with all chats and viewers, we lowered our Private Show to the bare minimum price to entice potentials.

We can't believe how bad things have become. We do the same and see no more than 10 viewers maximum now, and we have earned in many many hours broadcasting over the past 3 nights a grand total of 1 singular, solitary token!!!!!!

We broadcast, and no one ever tips anything.

So we tried broadcasting with Strip chat & Bongacams, without fail everynight we get on average 500+ viewers on Bonga and many many more tips and chats, same with Stripchat. We simply get no earnings and no viewer numbers anymore after just 2 weeks on chaturbate.

Anyone have any advice or know why this might be? - have they changed anything?

PS: We regularly watch other performers to see what works for them and to get ideas, we see others doing the same as us all the time but yet they have 100's if not 1000's of viewers and hundreds in tips per night yet we get nothing, it is extremely disheartening and depressing!

PPS: We don't yet have a standalone webcam or proper lighting, so even though I have one of the worlds best and probably most expensive laptop (DELL XPS 15 4K Touchscreen laptop £2,200 new) it stupidly has its webcam built into the bottom of the screen! lol, this does not make for a great angle. We intend to buy more kit including lush toy, lighting, cameras for mutiangles, in an attempt to improve things, hoping to improve viewer numbers and give a better show and earnings.

Reactions: Chezza
First off, if you're using a built in webcam thats putting you at a HUGE disadvantage. The first thing that is going affect your viewership is a well lit, HD feed.
Second, make sure you are streaming at the same time each day, this is huge on CB. You may also need to stay online longer than 1 hr for things to get going. I would start with at least 2 hours, then work your way up to 3 or 4 before you throw in the towel.

Upvote 1
I experience the same. No matter what I do I don't get viewers. Honestly I dont think it has anything to do with your webcam. If you go to the front page there are many models with terrible quality terrible lightening with 1000 viewers. On chaturbate some people have tons of traffic and others 0. My traffc took a huge huge hit and no matter what I do, nothing changes. I honestly just got tired of it and started streaming in other sites which totally worked for me. I love love love Chaturbate but I don't understand why their traffic act so crazy.

I contacted support and they said if you use OBS you will get more viewers. Maybe you can give it a try. I haven't tried OBS yet

Upvote 0
I contacted support and they said if you use OBS you will get more viewers. Maybe you can give it a try. I haven't tried OBS yet

OBS definitely, without a doubt does make your streaming much better, I would highly advise it, as I am sure would every other model that uses it. Not sure the reason as to why you haven't switched to it.. don't worry about all the "extras" you can do with it just yet, just do the switch over to it, get familiar with it, then worry about doing more with extras.

Upvote 0
I experience the same. No matter what I do I don't get viewers. Honestly I dont think it has anything to do with your webcam. If you go to the front page there are many models with terrible quality terrible lightening with 1000 viewers. On chaturbate some people have tons of traffic and others 0. My traffc took a huge huge hit and no matter what I do, nothing changes. I honestly just got tired of it and started streaming in other sites which totally worked for me. I love love love Chaturbate but I don't understand why their traffic act so crazy.

OBS helps you get better stream quality, but it's no different than the imporvement in quality you get from upgrading to an external webcam. You are contradicting yourself....

Upvote 0
Chaturbate does have strange dips and pe
OBS helps you get better stream quality, but it's no different than the imporvement in quality you get from upgrading to an external webcam. You are contradicting yourself....

Exactly, OBS isn't going to turn a built-in into a 4K or 720p webcam 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Chezza
Upvote 0
OBS definitely, without a doubt does make your streaming much better, I would highly advise it, as I am sure would every other model that uses it. Not sure the reason as to why you haven't switched to it.. don't worry about all the "extras" you can do with it just yet, just do the switch over to it, get familiar with it, then worry about doing more with extras.

I haven't switched to OBS because my laptop is trash haha it will probably explode if i use OBS lmao but as soon as I get a new one I will def start using it

Upvote 0

I think chaturbate recognizes who is using OBS Studio and puts them in a better page placement. At least that's what I understood from support

Upvote 0
You probably got a nice bump off the bat just from being considered new. I did well in my 1st week, had to take a week off for health issues. 2nd week did well, then 3rd week saw a steep decline in tips. For various reasons I can't be on every night and keep an irregular schedule (same hours, different days in Australian timezone). I also haven't got my lighting and webcam setup properly yet. I wouldn't worry too much in the early months. Get yourself setup and in a good rhythm with your followers. Stay positive and have fun.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.