AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Payments via cheque - not arriving for more then 8 weeks now - due to covid?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2020
Hello

I am sarai_sublime on chaturbate.

I am located in Australia. I get payments from chaturbate via cheque.

Prior to covid my cheques would arrive within 2-3 weeks, as chaturbate support states in their emails when notifying us of the cheque being sent.

Once covid hit, the mail systems all around the globe were affected , I totally understand this. Cb cheques were taking now 6 weeks to arrive.

In the past 2 months, however, its been 8 weeks and I have only received one cheque!!! I am currently waiting on 4 cheques that have been sent out over the past two months!!

In addition to this, the last pay period of July 16, 2020 - July 31, 2020 i have not even received notification from support that this cheque has been sent yet.

I understand that during these times of covid cb is not responsible for the mail system as it is now. However, cb really should send cheques via mail with tracking. We currently have NO WAY to know if our cheques are lost in the mail or just significantly late. With tracking, models have the reassurance of being able to check online to track the movement of the cheque to see when it will arrive. This could be potentially beneficial for cb also.

Obviously, tracking would incur a fee by the models to have it sent this way, something which i am more then willing to pay for!!! Could cb not consider doing this in these times ??

Here in Australia, so much post is getting lost and going missing unless it is tracked.

I am not a high earner on cb but i manage to make a modest living from it. Not getting paid in the last few months yet has been extremely difficult. I cannot do anything but get paid via cheques from cb, I do not earn enough to afford the high fees related to bank deposits (fees from cb and huge fess from our banks here in Australia to receive it).

Is there any way that chaturbate will consider sending my cheques via mail with tracking if i pay for that service?

Also, chaturbate should consider updating their emails to reflect that cheques sent overseas are experiencing significant delays due to covid.

Thank you for taking time to read this and I respectfully hope that chaturbate consider this issue - not just for myself but for all models whom receive cheques overseas. Covid is not going away any time soon, and the mail systems are not improving, only getting worse.

Sincerely
Sarai

Reactions: mike_aussie
I'm in Canada and I also receive my payment via cheque. I received my cheque for July 1-15, but had still not received the previous cheque for June 16-30. I'm usually waiting on 2 cheques at any given time but found it strange that I had received the more recent cheque from July before I ever received the cheque from the last half of June. I contacted CB Support and they cancelled the June 16-30 cheque and said they would re-issue it once it was all confirmed with their bank... which I haven't received any confirmation of yet. My cheque for July 16-31 has been sent out this morning though. I'm trying to be patient while waiting for for the June 16-30 cheque. This is the first time in a year of streaming that I have not received payment. I know when Covid started it took a little longer than usual to receive my payments but it seems to have normalised a bit now...

A tracking system sounds like it could be useful; although in my case I'm pretty disorganised in general when it comes to this kind of thing, so it would probably give me a lot more peace of mind if I just kept track of my earnings and things like, when payment has been mailed out/what the cheque number is/when did I receive it/when did I deposit the cheque into my bank, etc, in a notebook and written in a way that makes sense to me, rather than just relying on the Detailed Income Stats page and the emails they send out... So this has been kind of a learning experience for me...

If I were you, I would contact Support ASAP regarding the cheques that you have not received yet, and then send them your tracking system suggestion separately via the "Send Feedback" link that they recently added to the drop down menu when you click on your username in the top right hand corner of CB...

I hope you receive your cheques sooner than later with hopefully no more issues! :confused:

Reactions: Sarai
Upvote 0
Almost a month in and I haven't decided on a payment method yet. While USD/AUD exchange rate is good, as you said, some of the fees are high. Shame PayPal isn't an option.

Paypal is notoriously non-adult content friendly and always has been. They have and will suspend and confiscate any funds if an account is suspected of this. Never ever take payment for camming/content this way.

@Sarai Is cheque via Fedex an option for you? I'm in Canada and was never able to get bank wire functional. I have been receiving my cheques this way from CB for almost a year now with no issues.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
@thinkinboutit I already enquired about fedex to here, the fee is just too much im afraid. Tracking fees would be substantially less if it were implemented.

@Naomi Nova Thanks for the information about the drop down menu with support , i will give that a go also.

@Sophiestique I have looked into it, most of these things are not available for Australia, and again, band fees here for transfering overseas dollars are huge, but thank you for the suggestion :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.