AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lovense Software Overlay and Private's

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
A few nights ago I found a very nice model and decided to take her private. She was using the Lovense overlay on her cam stream that shows the username of the person tipping and the duration of the tip in the form of a timer that counts down under the user's name. Having never experienced this overlay before, I just assumed it was Chaturbate users who were tipping and thought nothing of it. After a minute or so into the private, I noticed the overlay was still displaying tips being given, but the usernames were obviously from another website as it was just me and her listed as users in the CB users section.

Is it wrong to have an expectation of privacy when in a private? Seeing the tips being displayed in the Lovense overlay really killed the intimacy aspects of the private for me. Seeing as I was locked into the private for 10 minutes, and at a respectable per-minute rate, I'm just wondering how much effort us users are expected to put into finding out if a model is broadcasting on another site or not?

This has been one of my biggest gripes for a few years, and I've not been too quiet about it here either. It doesn't bother me if a model split cams in public or groups, that's expected. Privates which are able to be spied upon from the site you're on (CB, MFC, etc), I can understand as well.

That being said, I'm a greedy bastard when it comes to privates so I pay extra for TruePrivates on MFC. These are exclusive, and not able to be spied upon on by others on MFC. However, I have caught a few models streaming them over to other sites. When I do, I shut them down immediately and ban/block the model from contacting me further.

I've learned that I won't do privates with models unless I get to know them a little better than once or twice in the room. Therefore, most privates I do are with models I've known for a very long time. I can't remember the last time I did a private with a model where I hadn't been a regular in her room for at least a few months.

That being said, I've had to ban/block a couple of models I'd known for a year or for streaming on other sites over the years.

I'm just wondering how much effort us users are expected to put into finding out if a model is broadcasting on another site or not?
You are in my opinion expected to put zero effort into finding out if the 60 (or whatever) tks a minute pvt is being streamed publically on another site, and if it was obvious that a model I was in pvt with did it, I would just leave the pvt and think twice about coming back. Could be an honest mistake though, so find a way to ask nicely about it.

It has never happened to me in a pvt as far as I know, but I've been in rooms where the model appeared to be in a pvt on another site while continuing her public broadcast. I've also seen the opposite of course, where the model goes offline because she gets a pvt on another site.

I do few pvts, and just as @ForceTen, only with models I've already spent a fair bit of time with.

The last couple of models whom I did privates with for the first time, I've just asked them upfront if they stream to another site. Or, before going private, I will politely ask them to stop streaming to other sites during the private because I'm paying for exclusive. I sometimes ask the models I've had longstanding interactions with to shut them down. One does multicam, but she always shuts down before we go private.

Most will honour the request. Others, not. Those who you have a decent history with will be more apt to honour it. Though, I've had a couple lie to me.

I've only had a couple ask me why I was inquiring, and just explained to them that if I'm paying for exclusive and they stream elsewhere then I'm not getting what I paid for and will block/ban them from contacting me and will report to the site.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Others, not.
Really? Watching what you know is someone else's pvt show is a bit ... I don't know ... uneasy. It comes across as pretty greedy to stream the pvt somewhere else, and it's arguably not their call alone.
But then again, there are probably no shortage of random wankers that won't mind, just as there are models that can manage to think further than their token revenue the next half hour. If it's not right, go elsewhere.

Really? Watching what you know is someone else's pvt show is a bit ... I don't know ... uneasy. It comes across as pretty greedy to stream the pvt somewhere else, and it's arguably not their call alone.
But then again, there are probably no shortage of random wankers that won't mind, just as there are models that can manage to think further than their token revenue the next half hour. If it's not right, go elsewhere.

Exactly, and my point. There's people who will do both. Myself, if I notice a model is in what appears to be a private in public chat, I won't stay. Though, I will spy on a private for a minute or two to see what a particular model might be like if it's a rare moment I'm browsing. But, those are privates I'm paying to spy on.

Privates which are able to be spied upon from the site you're on (CB, MFC, etc), I can understand as well.

I understand that MFC has a "TruePrivate" feature, and that members pay extra for the usage of it, but my post dealt with a situation on CB. I realize that "spying" is a site feature on CB, and I don't mind it because the model makes extra money from it. The key thing about CB's privates, though, is that I don't see, interact, or feel impacted by those spying due to how it works. I'm fairly certain the model isn't impacted in her attention towards me by those spying as well.

Could I be wrong about the Lovense software and the tips that seemed to have been given during the private? I'm not a broadcaster, so I don't know how the Lovense overlay works, but man is it a real intimacy killer to see those tips coming in during a supposed private.

Reactions: Smoothie
That's weird to me. As a model, why would you give pvt content to another site for free? 🤷‍♀️

Increased tips from sites they are broadcasting to

I understand that MFC has a "TruePrivate" feature, and that members pay extra for the usage of it, but my post dealt with a situation on CB. I realize that "spying" is a site feature on CB, and I don't mind it because the model makes extra money from it. The key thing about CB's privates, though, is that I don't see, interact, or feel impacted by those spying due to how it works. I'm fairly certain the model isn't impacted in her attention towards me by those spying as well.

Could I be wrong about the Lovense software and the tips that seemed to have been given during the private? I'm not a broadcaster, so I don't know how the Lovense overlay works, but man is it a real intimacy killer to see those tips coming in during a supposed private.

There's been some posts here about how models who are multicamming will show tips across all sites from OBS/lovense. I forget the specifics of it. But, it's been discussed elsewhere.

As to spying, your initial post made it seem as though you were complaining about learning a model was streaming a private to another site.

Could I be wrong about the Lovense software and the tips that seemed to have been given during the private?
No. The Lovense tip overlay is injected into the stream at the source, i.e. in the streaming software (OBS, typically) on the model's computer. Unless she was showing you a recording, the tips during private were real.
If you want a pvt on CB that can't be spied on you will have to do a Cam2Cam, but that's maybe not your cup of tea.

I use a lovense browser to log on to mfc so if i had multiple streams on different sites, it would broadcast what my toy is responding to both rooms unless I disabled the notification altogether.

That said, sometimes I've been in a pvt and people waiting in my room have tipped a bunch just to be playful and it still sends the notification so the model doesn't necessarily have to be streaming on two sites for it to happen. I've also had spies come in during a regular pvt and ninja tip with dirty talk which will still send a notification.

That said, sometimes I've been in a pvt and people waiting in my room have tipped a bunch just to be playful and it still sends the notification so the model doesn't necessarily have to be streaming on two sites for it to happen. I've also had spies come in during a regular pvt and ninja tip with dirty talk which will still send a notification.
Users can't do any of this on CB, but I love the "loopholes" in the MFC system 😄
Maybe I will have to sign up one of these days ...

If you want a pvt on CB that can't be spied on you will have to do a Cam2Cam, but that's maybe not your cup of tea.

You could also ask the model if she’ll do a password show, which kicks everyone else out of the room completely. But it only applies to CB, obviously, so if the model is getting tips from a different website it won’t solve the problem. (And you will not get a recording, if that matters to you.)

Users can't do any of this on CB, but I love the "loopholes" in the MFC system 😄
Maybe I will have to sign up one of these days ...

I’ve always wondered about how tips work for members that stick around in a CB model’s room while she is doing a private show. I know everyone in the room can still tip, but I’ve wondered if those tips go into a queue for after the show... or if they are the same as offline tips (model receives the tokens but it doesn’t trigger the toy), or if they can essentially still trigger the toy by tipping while she is in a private show.

I’ve bought CB private shows a fair amount but if other users were tipping, it was never obvious during the shows (then again it probably isn’t that common).

Regarding tips coming in from other sites during a private show on CB, that did happen to me once. A model I used to visit was leaving her free cam on for a different site during privates on CB. Long story short, she does it constantly, it’s not an oversight (in her case, anyway), and her explanation made that clear to me. Which is why I referred to her as a model I used to visit.

Technicalities aside, you buy a private show because it's ... well ... private. I realise there will always be fine print involved in the oral agreement you enter into by asking for a private show with a model, but the fine print shouldn't be the main clause.

Reactions: Smoothie
I stream on the more than one site usually, but never during private shows. It is highly unethical. I work in the vanilla world by day and in any work environment breaches of privacy are taken seriously.
I would never want a client to inadvertently divulge personal information about himself that no one else is suppose to know to the world.
I'm not as familiar with CB, but speaking from the perspective of a model that does split cam when you are "live" you get several notifications and PMs which make noises (unless turned off) between sites and Skype even if you're in a private.
Another client may see that I'm online and be persistent about seeing me or have questions about what I offer and if I'm in a private and near my hands aren't preoccupied. I'll simply send a message letting them know I'm in a private and will let them know I'll be done in x number of minutes.

Another client may see that I'm online and be persistent about seeing me or have questions about what I offer and if I'm in a private and near my hands aren't preoccupied. I'll simply send a message letting them know I'm in a private and will let them know I'll be done in x number of minutes.

That’s understandable. On CB, when a model begins a private show, she “leaves the room” which temporarily stops members from being able to PM her there. But as you mentioned, there could be other lines of communication open.

You made a great point about a member potentially revealing personal information during a “private show” he did not know was being broadcast elsewhere. I’d never thought of that - and I’d never do it - but I suppose if a member thinks he is alone with the model, anything is possible.

Reactions: LenaSexton
You made a great point about a member potentially revealing personal information during a “private show” he did not know was being broadcast elsewhere. I’d never thought of that - and I’d never do it - but I suppose if a member thinks he is alone with the model, anything is possible.

And this is the primary reason why I do TruePrivates/exclusives. One of the models doesn't talk much. But, another is very vocal and says my name often. Then, her and I usually take a couple of minutes towards the end and chat a bit where she does know some personal stuff about me.

And this is the primary reason why I do TruePrivates/exclusives. One of the models doesn't talk much. But, another is very vocal and says my name often. Then, her and I usually take a couple of minutes towards the end and chat a bit where she does know some personal stuff about me.
Right. Regular clients and especially those you have had for awhile may refer to their cities, what they do for a living among other things. This info could very well be false, but regardless. Plus, clients may not want their type of fetish known to the world or anyone else hearing their voice for that matter. I value my privacy and want others to respect it and I'm pretty sure clients expect the same.

Right. Regular clients and especially those you have had for awhile may refer to their cities, what they do for a living among other things. This info could very well be false, but regardless. Plus, clients may not want their type of fetish known to the world or anyone else hearing their voice for that matter. I value my privacy and want others to respect it and I'm pretty sure clients expect the same.

Exactly. Many different reasons to go private, making it even less acceptable to broadcast it elsewhere without the client knowing, IMO.

BTW, I cringed a little when you mentioned not wanting people to hear their voices. I never turn my cam on - not in private or public. But I’m friendly enough with one model that we sometimes exchange voice messages. One time during her public show, shortly after I entered the room, she checked her messages. With the phone on speaker. I heard my whole message clear as day, live on CB. Luckily I didn’t say my name (or hers) or anything too personal. It was just an innocent slip-up, but it still made me cringe.

With the phone on speaker. I heard my whole message clear as day, live on CB.
Fooking hell. Closest I've been to that is a model thanking me for a tip orally in public using my somewhat usual first name, and another model showing the room a picture of my dog so they could all oooh and aaah for a bit. Since then I've started giving out the same fake common anglo sounding name whenever I'm asked, as well as declining anything related to off site communication. It's no secret for a couple of people close to me that I visit cam sites, but I just don't need the pain in the ass of someone else recognizing me. Privacy goes both ways ...

Fooking hell. Closest I've been to that is a model thanking me for a tip orally in public using my somewhat usual first name, and another model showing the room a picture of my dog so they could all oooh and aaah for a bit. Since then I've started giving out the same fake common anglo sounding name whenever I'm asked, as well as declining anything related to off site communication. It's no secret for a couple of people close to me that I visit cam sites, but I just don't need the pain in the ass of someone else recognizing me. Privacy goes both ways ...

Yeah please be careful guys.

Reactions: HazelFox
Ouch, i HATE the sound of my own voice, and like with you only a couple of heard it (models).
Ones I have built up a very big trust with, but usually, it's not in a PVT - but that's usually because of echo/feedback, and it ruins everything.

Actually recently, I did a voice message for a model (I never use voice messages/recordings on stuff like WhatsApp, but we get on beautifully and she was curious because we were talking about a pvt show and me saying she definitely does not want my mic on because my voice is annoying lol... so, she was curious what I sounded like, so I caved in), and she said she would listen to it off cam when she finishes... then I saw her start listening on cam! Luckily she had music on, and she held the phone to her ear and didn't have it on the loudspeaker, or if she did. it wasn't very high. You could not hear me at all. But jeeez haha.

I have learned to accept what I look like, who I am and what I am like as a person (mind, character, etc) but one thing I genuinely will never "accept" and be able to listen to is my voice. I have literally always hated it so much.

Ouch, i HATE the sound of my own voice, and like with you only a couple of heard it (models).
Ones I have built up a very big trust with, but usually, it's not in a PVT - but that's usually because of echo/feedback, and it ruins everything.

Actually recently, I did a voice message for a model (I never use voice messages/recordings on stuff like WhatsApp, but we get on beautifully and she was curious because we were talking about a pvt show and me saying she definitely does not want my mic on because my voice is annoying lol... so, she was curious what I sounded like, so I caved in), and she said she would listen to it off cam when she finishes... then I saw her start listening on cam! Luckily she had music on, and she held the phone to her ear and didn't have it on the loudspeaker, or if she did. it wasn't very high. You could not hear me at all. But jeeez haha.

I have learned to accept what I look like, who I am and what I am like as a person (mind, character, etc) but one thing I genuinely will never "accept" and be able to listen to is my voice. I have literally always hated it so much.

Ah, yeah. That could be nerve-wracking.

I actually like my voice. I just prefer not to have it broadcast at high volume to a room full of randos, lol. And especially when it was a (presumably private) voice message.

I'd never do a pvt with an overlay on anyway, have seen guys taking a model pvt at 150/minute with an animated popup with her high tipper's name :shake: On cb it would be activated if spy viewers tipped, but most likely it was another site. Like any purchase you need to do your due diligence

That's actually pretty sweet, but maybe not what you had intended. Models are just people, so they are prone to fucking up like the rest of us. I now do the damage control in advance.

The fact I, or anyone else could not hear it was great, but it was genuinely fantastic to see her reaction to it. It was something funny, a joke between us that I said/did for her, and it was nice to see her genuine reaction: smile and laugh.

i usually do a "private cam day", which is a day im only doing private shows for people who requested them in other days, and i dont use splitcam with that.

May be a lot of stuff involved. Usually I use spy mode on other sites while in pvt in one of them, but users in spy mode can still tip you, and I guess that would be visible on the lovense overlay.

Morality: Don't use lovense overlay (which is ugly as hell imho)

Reactions: NotYou
May be a lot of stuff involved. Usually I use spy mode on other sites while in pvt in one of them, but users in spy mode can still tip you, and I guess that would be visible on the lovense overlay.

Morality: Don't use lovense overlay (which is ugly as hell imho)

I agree and for it to all be visible, models need to make it half the size of their video so it just takes up too much screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.