AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB traffic cap?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys, still relatively new and trying to figure out the patterns of CB traffic.

On good days I can easily have 1000 up to 7000 viewers whenever it booms out of nowhere, but some days in a row it seems that cannot get out of that 250 viewers (or 400 other days) mark and its very hard to move from there.

It feels like CB caps you out for that day, is this possible?

Lately it has been quite a crappy wave of days, and obviously low room count does minimise your potential of earnings.

Any thoughts or experiences you might want to share? I know within 5y i will still try to crack and understand the algorithm of CB traffic without a hope 😂

Have you read this thread? Why, out of nowhere, me and other models lost almost 100% of our traffic?

Out of no where 100% traffic lost like in an instant? PM me your CB name so I can see what you're talking about.

Every camsite representative is popular
Oh come on, there is no comparison in terms of popularity, no name shows up more often than shirleys in a cam related forum,reddit,discord,etc

Of course she is going to say "Chaturbate does not cap traffic in any way!" Do you think she is going to say "yes guys we manually control the traffic!!!"
Whats the motive? unlike every other cam site chaturbates system is not designed on cam score, its not designed to put the top earnings in front so what possible motive would they have.

Have you ever broadcasted on Chaturbate? Do you really think it's normal for a model to have almost 100% of traffic gone out of nowhere? Plus many other models complaining about the same issue

Nope it's not normal to have almost 100% of traffic gone out of no where but statistically speaking its bound to happen to some people right? I don't know if you're willing to share your CB name with me I can take a look at it and maybe help you do some tests.

Upvote 0
Users saying they didn't see your room online or say other excuses for not being there are just lying. I could write a book about excuses from users. The truth is they were in other rooms (or not on cb or not online).

Upvote 0
Out of no where 100% traffic lost like in an instant? PM me your CB name so I can see what you're talking about.

almost* 100% of my traffic. I still get some money, last month I made $6 a day, at least I can buy a Mc Donald's meal. My username is christiandiorx, it's ok to post here I really don't mind
Whats the motive? unlike every other cam site chaturbates system is not designed on cam score, its not designed to put the top earnings in front so what possible motive would they have.
Many motives, such as giving a lot more traffic for the american boys since they speak english and have a better internet connection than 3rd world countries. Nationality matters, looks matters too, someone can easily cut the traffic if find the model is unattractive OR too attractive that could stand out and mess with the top models earnings. They can easily cut the traffic to give it to someone else for any reason

Another model in this thread is experiencing the same issue, I highly doubt her 33.000 followers all died of corona lol

Reactions: JustMilfnAround
Upvote 0
I left CB because my traffic grew too unpredictable this summer. Some days would be like normal and some I wouldn’t even get anon users for ages- only regulars who were accessing my page through history or their own bookmarks. I was also told by those regs that I wasn’t always showing up as Online in their followed models. And when I did it would be much later. I experienced the traffic gates too to a certain degree, but I’m also not good at staying online for four hours if I’m not earning or even have anyone to engage with.

I don’t think it’s a conspiracy and that there is some nefarious mustachioed villain hand distributing traffic, but it was a clear and obvious problem that arose rather suddenly after two years of slowly gaining on CB, and the timing was not in line with the Covid quarantines. Covid recession can equal less tokens sure, but suddenly not even hitting a quarter of my usual audience most days I was on, no matter what I did, is a different issue entirely. It honestly felt like my stream had fallen through the cracks somewhere. Incredibly frustrating. I waited it out and experimented for a few months but I can only bang my head against the wall for so long, so eventually I had to switch sites. And it hasn’t taken long to get back to what my audience and earnings were like before the CB fog swallowed my room. I have slow days sometimes still of course but normal slow, not screaming into a void slow for weeks on end.
Just my two cents for any models out there who are struggling and think it might just be them. Bad days happen. Slow weeks happen. Endless lack of audience when you previously had a reliable one is something different, and I’d recommend switching it up for your own mental health as well as your income!

Upvote 0
I just shut down my 33K follower account because I couldn't get more than 10 people in my room on sporadic logins the last 6 months. Chaturbate can and WILL definitely "cap" your traffic if they want to.
Same here 28 k followers and often 10 people. But its true-when I sit longer then i have more people.Actually I noticed one thing: I dont start my stream from show,first i wait until somebody tip me etc- if no,then i can sit and listen music for hours:D Anyway when notjhing is happening i have 8-10 people. When one tipper enter my room,tip me and I do show- immediately i have 40-50 people . Always! I dont think that all those people have radar and immediately coming to show. In my opinion cb is sending this traffic when they see that siomething interesting is happening. Eh I dont know- just idea

Upvote 0
CB has to control the traffic somehow ... because what I have also noticed is when a big tipper(s) enter my room and tip me out of nowhere ... my viewers jump suddenly for couple hundreds or even thousends. But ONLY if those tippers are new tippers... if its fanmembers or previouse tippers its not really affecting my viewerlist.I guess all those people know when something happends in someones room even with the delayed thumbnail system xD

Upvote 0
CB has to control the traffic somehow ... because what I have also noticed is when a big tipper(s) enter my room and tip me out of nowhere ... my viewers jump suddenly for couple hundreds or even thousends. But ONLY if those tippers are new tippers... if its fanmembers or previouse tippers its not really affecting my viewerlist.I guess all those people know when something happends in someones room even with the delayed thumbnail system xD
Could it be that when someone starts tipping in your room, beside regulars, the viewers that drift between rooms decide to stay and watch the action instead of circling to the next room, if you have a fairly big room, page 1 or 2, you will have a lot of viewers entering and leaving your room all the time. That is my guess anyway.

Reactions: cexmental
Upvote 0
My observation is they have done massive cull of grey usersnames, we all know the site is FULL of scam bot usernames, also banned gray accounts, no longer appear in room list counts. I was in some rooms earlier that had more premiums than greys and anons
very weird

Upvote 0
Btw, number of people in our rooms In my opinion is connected in some way with scam bot usernames. Everybody knows those bots: fap on me guys, check my bio, visit my room, hornygirls xyz etc. They just coming and advertising.Of course fake users for make UP the ranking is another topic,but those scam advertising bots always starts coming when I have aboutr 30-40 peopel in my room (yeah is very good for me lol) and doing the show.I know dont know how those bots work or who send them to our rooms anyway I observed that many many times- from some (bigger) number people in our rooms- they starting appear.Also my contest ranking that time is very good,so maybe the bots visitng only first few pages or cb send them? heh no idea

Upvote 0
I am not in your position cause my experience was with the promo tools etc. But even I remember feeling like there was a blacklist at some point in 2019 where support threw a bunch of us because the algorithm change seemed to only affect some models and not everyone. But I talked to support and they said there was absolutely no blacklist or whitelist and that it was impossible for them to even create one... and I have no reason to doubt them, but then that meant the irregularities in traffic had to be a secondary effect of another measure even if they didn’t intend to cause some models to struggle. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter much if it’s intentional or not. When your income is suffering and you are thriving on another site you have to conclude something is happening and it’s making it hard for you to do your job. Maybe make a new account? Maybe change servers on your OBS? Maybe cut your losses and stop broadcasting on CB? I do think it feels unfair and like you were stripped out of all the things you worked so hard for and sometimes CB support isn’t very responsive. I would personally try a different venue :(

Mila - thank you so much for this..... I gave up last month and deleted my account. It's frustrating also because I LOVED CB. I loved the format, bots, tools and the flow of the site and I know had the traffic issues not happened I would have been on the top of page 2 or lower page 1 consistently because all of my progress until things got weird was heading there. I had made it to the front page a few times only 4-5 months in so I knew CB was heading the right direction for what I needed, and then POOF.

I feel like you gave me a hug with your post. Thank you for the empathy. It doesn't change the situation but it sure helps to have someone try to understand and not just give me shit for bitching about a legitimate issue. ♥

Upvote 0

I noticed the same thing. My mod and I did an experiment. He would tip - nothing would change. He stopped tipping, someone else would tip and I would get a little more traffic. And it was always the new tippers that seemed to "activate" the room. So, when it was mostly my regulars tipping my room would stay dead. If I got new guys tipping my room would get a little more traffic. But if I cannot get new traffic, how am I supposed to get new tippers? It's a vicious cycle. Again, if you have good placement this is likely not a problem. Always new tippers on the top of the front page.

• Wat?!
Reactions: ellinrose and Mila_
Upvote 0
That is not enough, you should probably start over, people quit cb or stop visiting often and that is simply not enough followers. I know models with 100k followers that struggle.

I already did, it's my 3rd account, I don't make it to the first page no matter what I do. Also, even with such low followers, I could make money, I would get new visitors every day but that stopped

Reactions: JustMilfnAround
Upvote 0

I noticed the same thing. My mod and I did an experiment. He would tip - nothing would change. He stopped tipping, someone else would tip and I would get a little more traffic. And it was always the new tippers that seemed to "activate" the room. So, when it was mostly my regulars tipping my room would stay dead. If I got new guys tipping my room would get a little more traffic. But if I cannot get new traffic, how am I supposed to get new tippers? It's a vicious cycle. Again, if you have good placement this is likely not a problem. Always new tippers on the top of the front page.

Well I do believe there is an anti staleness algorithm they added during all the anti viewer bot changes to avoid the same idle colored names in a room to have as much of a difference (nothing confirmed but its a theory) but im fairly certain its not soley based on new tippers, every room it considers stale is temporarily pulled back a little bit in position but not much...though I suppose if a lot of rooms are being pulled back at the same time due to staleness and one person is not then i suppose it could make a decent difference? I don't know enough about it but thats not new thats from mid 2019.

Upvote 0

This makes sense if Chaturbate is trying to fight all the cheating done by studios and dishonest independent models... someone was saying some studios will create dummy accounts to tip the models with because they figured it boosts both the placement and makes other viewers tip. My guess is if CB wants to fight it one way to do it is to reward models who get new people to tip in their rooms cause it's proof that they aren't using dummy accounts... I don't know, it's just a wild guess for why they would include a feature like this in the algorithm. Or maybe it’s unrelated to cheating and more of a way to establish some sort of parameter for “trending” rooms and giving a disproportionate weight to it. Who knows

We have to also understand the difficult position CB support is in... they have to keep everybody happy: affiliates, models and members. They need to also keep their site functional and they don’t have the spine (or the permission?) to do what they have to do which is to punish cheating studios by closing their accounts forever and making examples out of them. Their only weapon is to try and stay ahead of the bots by tweaking the algorithm which ultimately seems to punish innocent people at random. It’s a shit situation from any angle with an uncertain solution :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With so many models linking to their onlyfans maybe a number of users don't see the need to come to the cb room anymore. Just a guess.

Upvote 0
The myfreecams camscore system is beginning to look like pure genius in comparison chaturbates ever changing one.

Oh yeah let me tell you, it takes pure genius to sort models based on earnings 🙄

Serious props to CB for sticking to their system and constantly making tweaks to maintain it. They could have taken the easy road and just used a camscore system like everyone else. Every colored name adds a little value to someones room, you can help a model just by hanging out and I think that's awesome.

Upvote 0
The myfreecams camscore system is beginning to look like pure genius in comparison chaturbates ever changing one.
Not a fan of MFCs camscore at all, it creates a very static homepage, makes models extremely nervous as every minute online if they aren’t earning they are losing placement and the consequences of a bad night will be with you for TWO MONTHS until it drops off the average, and the worst part is models cheat just the same as CB.

CBs placement algorithm is a mindfuck but every day you login is an opportunity to reach the top and make it a success which will have a positive impact on your longterm success through exposure and followers. If you have a bad night it won’t affect you beyond that day. That makes for a laid back and exciting experience.

I think the only problem with CB is the studio density. Studio accounts overwhelm the platform and they are very fond of cheating, breaking rules, and being ruthless. If CB wants to fix it the only solution is to punish bad behavior publicly so studios stop cheating the platform and the other models. But I don’t think CB will ever take that route... they will continue to tweak the algorithm with consequences that are hard to predict and that have an impact at random.

Upvote 0
The traffic whatever has been done in the past couple of weeks, is seriously broken.
I'm seeing rooms that dont even get anons in them anymore. thats just bizzare, hell even ehotloveas only got 1000 total in her room! we know the russian mafia can afford more traffic than that:angelic:

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
Are we ready to start the cries of "OMG CB is DYING!!!!111oneONE!!11" like everyone did when MFC's traffic died down?

Upvote 0
No, i think there is a genuine issue in something CB has actually done this time. Ehotlovea is still on since my last post and still stuck on around 1000 viewers thats not normal at all

Upvote 0
The traffic whatever has been done in the past couple of weeks, is seriously broken.
I'm seeing rooms that dont even get anons in them anymore. thats just bizzare, hell even ehotloveas only got 1000 total in her room! we know the russian mafia can afford more traffic than that:angelic:

No real change in traffic detected, meaning just the usual single digit percentage changes which are perfectly normal from month to month.

Reactions: cexmental
Upvote 0
Are we ready to start the cries of "OMG CB is DYING!!!!111oneONE!!11" like everyone did when MFC's traffic died down?

Didn't these cries already happen a few times about CB on here? :rofl:

-------

CB's viewer count traffic thingy indeed does not make sense. I'm witnessing a room in my follows list that has not been on in 4 weeks gain over 5000 viewers (mostly anon) in her first 45 minutes. She usually only has 800-1200 users on average otherwise.

Upvote 0
Cbhours, since you keep stats? what's the ratio in each room , Coloured,vs grays, vs anons. That to me is where something is going on something to do with gray users traffic. Do your stats indicate any changes there?

Upvote 0
Didn't these cries already happen a few times about CB on here? :rofl:
Not quite as much, since everyone could see that MFC ceased their affiliate program and obvious marketing for a while, it made them enemy #1. It's not impossible that CB has slowed down their stuff, too.

Or the other part of it, which is CAM MODEL IS BECOMING MORE OF A MAINSTREAM JOB. Not only since early 2020 due to COVID, but also due to stigmas slowly dying off and more and more young people wanting easy money and being open to flashing tits for $. Model pool is getting bigger even faster than member pool is growing, IMO, over the last 6 years. And the way that CB runs their homepage algorithm makes it even easier for newer, lesser earning models to take attention away from other established models than on MFC.

There MIGHT be some weird stuff going on with CB algorithms, but overall it is not surprising that people are seeing a big cut in their room count.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.