AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can we just agree that moderators are terrible?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my whole beef with moderators in general is that most people feel the need to put on a performance. I'm no longer only watching the model who's room I'm in. Now I'm also watching someone play the role of moderator. And I have no interest in watching that.

At least one of the nice things about not being on CB is that the room helpers/mods are not a fixed colour so you kind of have to pick up on who they are. Some can be pretty decent, others have the same power trip as others do.

But, yeah, agreed. Most mods I've seen typically are as active or more than the model. Which is not why I'm there.

moderators are trash. change my mind.

I only work with my manager as moderator. No way I would even give that to a member. Most that I see are worst that greys that are trying to have other members to tip for what they want.

I guess my whole beef with moderators in general is that most people feel the need to put on a performance. I'm no longer only watching the model who's room I'm in. Now I'm also watching someone play the role of moderator. And I have no interest in watching that.

True in a lot of cases. I fell into that a little myself when I first started. Now I try to be as transparent and 'not there' as possible for the friend that I help. I will post something now and then when there's a full room and nobody tipping just to remind them how things are supposed to work. I try not to tip more than a few here and there just to keep things going if there are other tippers in the room. Save that for end of the day or as I can work them in between. Never act for her... don't thank people, don't comment jump into conversations when she's talking to someone... basically just try to stay out of the way. Mostly help her in the background with things nobody sees. If I could get rid of the mod label and still help, I would.

Reactions: AlbinoGator
When I had been using my member account on MFC, I used to find it annoying to go into a room where anytime a member says something to the model, it's immediately responded to by her "moderator" or one of her annoying-ass regulars who seem to be calling the shots. And I'm talking about when the model is NOT in the middle of doing a show. When she is looking at the screen, and capable of chatting that moment. She should be able to speak for herself. Not have one of her goons ready to pounce on the first guy who says "Hi. Wow, you're gorgeous!" Then the goon says to the poor guy "Okay, well then why don't you TIP HER then???"...followed by the eye roll emoji. Lol. Yikes, dude! Chill out. The guy JUST entered the room, and is making conversation.

Stuff like that would just guarantee that I never return to that room again, because it obnoxious...and the model allows it. Probably because she's afraid of telling her moderator/regular "Hey, you're being too harsh with that guy." I know from experience that some of these regulars will straight up stop visiting your room/stop tipping, just because you had to tell them something about themselves that they didn't wanna hear. Lol.

She should be able to speak for herself. Not have one of her goons ready to pounce on the first guy who says "Hi. Wow, you're gorgeous!" Then the goon says to the poor guy "Okay, well then why don't you TIP HER then???"...followed by the eye roll emoji.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. There's a girl I follow who held off appointing any moderators for a long time and then one day I go to her room and a couple of her every day regulars were now moderators. She also had some new options on her tip menu, some of which I didn't understand. So I just asked her, "what is...." and one of the dudes who had been just a normal member but was now a moderator, who also knows me from the room, said something like, "why don't you tip her and find out." I just responded with, "or somebody could just tell me what it is." The fucking nerve.

I know from experience that some of these regulars will straight up stop visiting your room/stop tipping, just because you had to tell them something about themselves that they didn't wanna hear.

That is true. There are 2 girls I'd consider friends on CB and over the years, I've seen fan club members come and go. People fall in love, tip way too much and expect the model to feel the same because of a big tip. And then when she has to have that awkward talk with him, that's the last she ever sees of him. There was one dude who used to act like he owned the fucking room because he always made sure to tip more than the highest tipper. He was overbearing and obnoxious. I had already known this girl for a few years and he starts explaining things to me about her... ugh. He tipped 25k tokens and then shortly after demanded an in person meeting with her. She promptly banned him. Best day ever.

Oddly enough, I think greys are probably better moderators than paying members.
It's probably true a lot of the time, since for the most part Grey's know their place and are content to take what they get, whereas paying members sometimes feel entitled to more than they tipped for. My view on mods is if needed they should be chosen based on their behaviour. Someone who's asking to be mod is a red flag, and someone who's too into you would make a terrible mod because they stop thinking with their big head in favour of their smaller one.

My girl mods me everytime. I hate it. I told her. She just does it anyway. I don't want to be red, now even less, because now I know how you guys think of mods.. I don't know what to do, so I asked her what she expects me to do. "Silence greys making demands or talking dirty. I take care of the rest.". Now I do just that - does that also make me one of those you guys despise so much? I don't want to be hated!!!
I met nice mods and also those bouncer blokes who are downright rude, behave like pitbulls and make you feel like "What am I doing in that room??!". I left many a room because of those.

Reactions: mike_aussie
I'm not so easily annoyed, I guess. The mods are people that the models trust to help with their room, so I trust the model on what they want their room to be. If I dislike the mods, I'll probably dislike the model. Honestly, I feel the exact oppisite. When I see a popular model with mods, it makes my sus of the model. I ask "what is this person doing to have no one to trust?" Finding a popular model without mods is far and few, but I leave when I notice that.

My girl mods me everytime. I hate it. I told her. She just does it anyway. I don't want to be red, now even less, because now I know how you guys think of mods.. I don't know what to do, so I asked her what she expects me to do. "Silence greys making demands or talking dirty. I take care of the rest.". Now I do just that - does that also make me one of those you guys despise so much? I don't want to be hated!!!
I met nice mods and also those bouncer blokes who are downright rude, behave like pitbulls and make you feel like "What am I doing in that room??!". I left many a room because of those.
When I wrote this post I was in a bit of a mood after just witnessing some terrible mod behavior. I think most people are able to distinguish between good mods and terrible mods based on their behavior. I don't enter a room and immediately dislike the moderator. If your behavior is that of a normal person then we're all good. If you act like an asshole then we're not. Simple as that. Sounds like you're probably not an asshole so I wouldn't worry about it.

When I wrote this post I was in a bit of a mood after just witnessing some terrible mod behavior. I think most people are able to distinguish between good mods and terrible mods based on their behavior. I don't enter a room and immediately dislike the moderator. If your behavior is that of a normal person then we're all good. If you act like an asshole then we're not. Simple as that. Sounds like you're probably not an asshole so I wouldn't worry about it.
I probably could write a 20-25 page essay on the subject. Others with higher annoyances, a series of books.

I'm not so easily annoyed, I guess. The mods are people that the models trust to help with their room, so I trust the model on what they want their room to be. If I dislike the mods, I'll probably dislike the model. Honestly, I feel the exact oppisite. When I see a popular model with mods, it makes my sus of the model. I ask "what is this person doing to have no one to trust?" Finding a popular model without mods is far and few, but I leave when I notice that.
*without mods

So, you're saying that if a popular model doesn't have moderators, it's a deal breaker for you? Are you there for the girl or for the mods? I don't get it.
I took their comment to mean they don't trust a model without mods, because it means that model doesn't have anyone she trusts/knows well enough to mod for her.

On MFC mods (called room helpers) are not as common or known because they're silent behind the scenes helpers. And the mod culture isn't really existent there. I see a model not having a mod/helper as being self-sufficient and not needing a hand holder during the stream. Only in certain circumstances is it remotely necessary to have a helper on MFC, but somehow it's a huge deal NOT to have one on CB.

somehow it's a huge deal NOT to have one on CB.
It’s even much more of a big deal not to have one on stipchat. Moderator culture is HUGE on there 99% of models on there have a moderator. They’re called knights on there and even get a special placement on a model’s profile with their name and profile picture displayed at the bottom of a model’s profile.

It’s even much more of a big deal not to have one on stipchat. Moderator culture is HUGE on there 99% of models on there have a moderator. They’re called knights on there and even get a special placement on a model’s profile with their name and profile picture displayed at the bottom of a model’s profile.

I can understand listing them so it's known. But people should not be doing it for status or special favours. At least that's how I looked at it whenever I was a moderator on various platforms (vanilla and cam site).

I took their comment to mean they don't trust a model without mods, because it means that model doesn't have anyone she trusts/knows well enough to mod for her.

On MFC mods (called room helpers) are not as common or known because they're silent behind the scenes helpers. And the mod culture isn't really existent there. I see a model not having a mod/helper as being self-sufficient and not needing a hand holder during the stream. Only in certain circumstances is it remotely necessary to have a helper on MFC, but somehow it's a huge deal NOT to have one on CB.
That's interesting. I had no idea such a thing even existed on MFC.

Yeah, the mods/room helpers are generally not visible like other sites in terms of colours, etc. But you can see who they might be by looking at their whiteboard and who's spamming the room with tip reminders, etc.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AlbinoGator
Good! I am of the mind that people helping in the room should be quite invisible and unknown. Just making things happen when needed and the model is unable to do it herself.

Reactions: Fatquack and DoD404
So, you're saying that if a popular model doesn't have moderators, it's a deal breaker for you? Are you there for the girl or for the mods? I don't get it.
Whoa... What's up with the picking and choosing what you want to read to take away from someone's messaging. How you missed that whole part about "The mods are people that the models trust to help with their room, so I trust the model on what they want their room to be."?

Also, not all models are girls. I trust the MODEL as a full realized, autonomous human being to make there room what they want to make it, by adding the people to run it that they want to add.

I feel like people forget Chaturbate runs off of a model that encourages people to be as social as possible. If you don't like someone saying hi to you, you're not gonna like CB. "Chat" is in the name, and yet I come across these threads complaining about people CHATTING on it.

Reactions: InannahQoH
I trust the MODEL as a full realized, autonomous human being to make there room what they want to make it
So in this mindset, wouldn't you trust the model that has no mods because they can run the room on their own accord to be good? Your post says you write them off immediately. Some of us find that odd.

Chaturbate runs off of a model that encourages people to be as social as possible.
So does MFC but we don't put our room helpers on a pedestal like CB does, and honestly I think MFC is a more social room without room mods than CB due to that and many other factors.

So in this mindset, wouldn't you trust the model that has no mods because they can run the room on their own accord to be good? Your post says you write them off immediately. Some of us find that odd.

So does MFC but we don't put our room helpers on a pedestal like CB does, and honestly I think MFC is a more social room without room mods than CB due to that and many other factors.
Completely agree. I dont do mods because if I'm kicking or banning, I want to be the one kicking or banning. My room, my rules. I don't have time to deal with another person who could silence the wrong member and I lose out on income. Don't understand how if I'm a fully autonomous model why I can't control exactly how I want to run my room. Giving away modships means giving away control. It's not suspect to want to control your income and vibe.

If CB introduced some extra measures to stop spam bots/scam bots, and other annoyances, then moderators honestly would not be needed as much.
I think so many models get frustrated with the spam, they feel like they need one

A lot of models are just too nervous/shy/scared to look at and try to understand bots/apps to try help in these situations; some just don't feel comfortable with them, and other's find them difficult to understand and overwhelming and other's because English is not their language so it's not so easy to read and understand them and the instructions.

If CB added anti-spam options as a built-in feature, like all these ones that make grey accounts have to wait so long before typing, and/or do a quick captcha before posting, then fantastic.
Or, if there was an option for models to allow users to be able to post ONLY IF they have verified their email this can help eliminate this kind of things.

Edit:
I don't have a bad feeling towards all mods, in fact I don't mind them for the most part. It's individual ones, but I can see and pickup from the ones I will dislike in the room after just 10 mins.
Those constantly spamming tip tip tip.. those who just HAVE to respond to EVERY comment everyone makes:
User 1 comes into the room and says the model is beautiful.
Moderator replies: isn't she the most beautiful (and obviously adds a big "you're beautiful" image).
User 2 comes in the room and also compliments the model
Moderator: similar comment about how the model is the best and most amazing

This every day with every comment... is too much. It's fine to think the model is stunning, amazing, etc but you don't have to constantly say it, it gets on everyone's nerves.
I hate to say it but I completely stopped visiting one model I would take pvt because of this. And the most annoying thing is, the guy was ALWAYS there without fails. EVery second. Every day. Doing this. And to add to it, he was one that would try chat to you too, so "ignoring" him using the official "ignore" feature felt like something I could not do. So it was, unfortunately, and I hate to say it, easier to just leave the model. I don't want to be the guy who is complaining to the model "your moderator/member/tipper/grey guy (whatever) is annoying and driving people away".. all that would do is cause problems and stuff, so sadly, it was/is easier to just move on.

Last edited:
Whoa... What's up with the picking and choosing what you want to read to take away from someone's messaging. How you missed that whole part about "The mods are people that the models trust to help with their room, so I trust the model on what they want their room to be."?

Also, not all models are girls. I trust the MODEL as a full realized, autonomous human being to make there room what they want to make it, by adding the people to run it that they want to add.

I feel like people forget Chaturbate runs off of a model that encourages people to be as social as possible. If you don't like someone saying hi to you, you're not gonna like CB. "Chat" is in the name, and yet I come across these threads complaining about people CHATTING on it.

Your posts right here:
*without mods

You in essence said that you immediately suspect a model who doesn't have models and you leave when you notice it. Or did you forget that?

But, if you trust a model to pick her moderators, then why do you distrust a model who decides to NOT have moderators?

Or, do you think everything needs to be some form social control?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
i just usually ban certain words using a bot, thats kinda my moderating. The bot blocks the words and if i can somehow tell what they said and i dont like it, i silence them.

Reactions: ava1992
Hi all,

I am an independent model that usually does not use a mod, even when it's busy.
(I have a trusted female model friend who does very occasionally.
She's respectful and knows how to do it right. For that, I adore & appreciate her so much :) .)
But anyway!

This is my logic for not using a mod., even when people ask.
I hope this clears up some of the mystery around why a model would choose to not use a mod.

1. My personal focus (or paranoia?? lol ) on preventing a ban.

I'm on a site that tends to ban.
(I am strategically planning my "new week" on other sites, so waiting to launch on them for now.)

I also have anxiety.
This leads to constant "will I get banned?" nervousness.

I do literally everything I can to prevent a ban. I open every show by saying "Hi! It's me, prettyartist1992, please read and follow the site rules."
I show my face 100% of the time. There's no music until I buy licensed tracks, no logos on anything, no gifs in my chat.
I put a disclaimer in my stream and on my page to read/follow the site rules with a compliance statement. etc.
AND if somebody breaks the site rules, they're gone. I simply can't afford to lose everything I've worked so hard to build.

So I feel that having a mod on top of that would be overbearing, especially the type who silences left and right.
I don't want to come across as mean or scare viewers away. There has to be a balance and since I tend to
be more "ban-happy," I don't like to have somebody else doing it too. I want people to feel relaxed & like they can be themselves in my chat.

Also, I don't want to constantly have to explain this ban anxiety to somebody else, because it sounds crazy. I even feel crazy
typing this. Most customers/viewers that want to mod don't know about things like compliance with payment processer terms, FOSTA/SESTA
and why you can't say certain things even jokingly, etc. I researched camming for months before I started. I don't expect other people
to.

2. My camming style is more individual than group, even in a busy group setting (hard to explain so be patient with me.)

After taking an honest look at myself, my style, and my personality, I realized I am more
of an introvert than extrovert cammer. I like to feel that individual connection with every viewer.

I love PM conversations, learning things about each member, visiting them on cam if they cam (always fun to surprise people)
and long private shows. Even when my room will get up to the single digit rankings I still
plan on accepting private shows & PM when I can. (I think as it gets busier I will have
to have a "PM hour" where I can answer them all. LOL)

I like my room to feel like just me and you hanging out & relaxing together. I feel like
a mod, especially an overbearing guy would make it feel too much like at the club when the bouncer
is giving you "the eye" all night. The guests don't like that, and I think a mod
can be a similar effect. My friend is more like that other cool person that hangs with us, rather than a crazy bouncer.

This is so hard to explain, lol. But basically I
would worry that my viewers would feel like the mod was getting in between us.
I want it to feel more romantic and intimate...as much as it can on a public chat room. lol..
(Note: I am not a "love scammer," the viewers know I don't do anything off the site and I'm clear about that. )

3. I am worried about scams and other seedy behavior. I don't know these people, which is why I don't trust them.

I do NOT know these guys' intentions at all. It seems shady to me that some random man just wants to moderate
my chat out of the goodness of his heart. Moderating a chat is actual work. Camming is work. It's effort, it's thinking,
it's strategy.

If it were regulars asking I would probably be less suspicious but it never is. It's literally always some dude I've never
seen before coming in saying "Hey I'm a good guy and here to help models, make me mod? I mod for 50,000 models" etc.
I reply "Thank you but I don't need a mod. The best way that you can help me is to participate in my show or get my content. " and they leave.

My regulars have no interest in being a mod- they aren't there
to work.

They are there to relax, enjoy themselves, feel better & hang out with me.
Many of my regulars work in the arts. They're stressed, they already freelance
They don't need more freelance on top of that, which is basically what that is.

I hope this helps clear things up as to why a model would choose to not have a mod. But of course, every model is different :)

Best & hugs to all,

Ava
:h:

Last edited:

I'm not picking and choosing anything. Your original message in it's entirety:

The part I found most interesting was:

When I see a popular model with mods, it makes my sus of the model. I ask "what is this person doing to have no one to trust?" Finding a popular model without mods is far and few, but I leave when I notice that.

Which sounds like you don't trust a model unless they appoint a moderator. And I don't get it.

When did I complain about people chatting? If you're referring to my original post about moderators answering questions they have no business answering, that's not really the same thing as being sociable. I have no problem with people chatting. But these moderators who act like they're in charge of everything actually stifle the chat because they make people feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.