AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably been brought up eleventy times before, but it's beyond annoying when models just reset the count when the clearly stated goal is reached and then pretend nothing happened 😤

I've known a couple of models who do this and I no longer visit them.

Yeah, that would be annoying. I don’t recall seeing that happen myself, but I’ve seen models reset the count with significant progress made toward the goal many times. I’ve also seen them disable the entire goal counter after people had tipped toward it.

Depending on the scenario, I wouldn't have an issue with it. In particular when they've been online for a while and the goal has stalled for a while. They kill the countdown and switch the topic to something like "Just chillin' for a bit before logging off". I've seen this happen more than a few times over the years, and I'd do the same. The ironic part is that I've then seen them do better in the BS sessions than they did in a couple of hours prior.

Sadly, that happens all to often in many aspect of the internet and vanilla sites. I get having a positive group that collaborates and works to promote everyone. But, that's few and far between to have a wholesome group like that. Over the past year I've really killed most of my interactions on the internet due to how people are in terms of scamming, trying to take advantage of others, poor attitudes, etc. I think I'm down to five or six sites, counting here and MFC. Too much going on to try and keep up on other's stuff, let alone all the drama which I've tried avoiding for years. It's why I haven't had an FB account in five years, and killed it three times prior to that.

Good luck on continuing to grow your following!
Thanks, I decided just to close up my free OF, make it paid, and stop doing drops. I know what you mean, I ended my Facebook election season in 2016. And as I guess everybody can tell, I'm taking a step back from marketing with any other models. I left the other main cam forum because there were too many models who constantly complained and got down, and were rude and discouraging to the successful ones who tried to come in and be positive. The ones who were doing well and trying to bring everyone up. I guess misery only wants company, that kind of mindset doesn't work for me, because I don't want to be brought down too. But I complain too much today. Overall I'm a happy person, but I do think there is a value in being picky about what sites, and to whom a person gives their attention to. I see what you are saying. This forum is not like that at all. I am grateful for that.

Last edited:
but I’ve seen models reset the count with significant progress made toward the goal many times. I’ve also seen them disable the entire goal counter after people had tipped toward it.

Depending on the scenario, I wouldn't have an issue with it. In particular when they've been online for a while and the goal has stalled for a while. They kill the countdown and switch the topic to something like "Just chillin' for a bit before logging off". I've seen this happen more than a few times over the years, and I'd do the same. The ironic part is that I've then seen them do better in the BS sessions than they did in a couple of hours prior.
I'm glad you explained your understanding of it, ForceTen, because it's absolutely impossible to completely avoid doing this.

That's just the nature of token sites with countdowns for shows. Sometimes it becomes so dead (tipping wise) that it completely kills any motivation I had to do the show, so I do just as you said and remove the count and change topic to something mellow and neutral until I log off soon after. If anyone contributed something significant to the count they likely were either 1. a daily regular who doesn't mind and just tips for my presence/company/chat anyway or 2. someone who bought a video so they already got something anyway. So I don't usually feel bad canceling a countdown.

This was on StripChat and the goal/countdown started at only at 200 tokens with the promise of a "BJ" at the end. When the goal was met, it simply popped back to 200 tokens and nothing further happened.
I don't think I would have an issue with the model just giving up and reset the goal halfway because the room was slow, it was near the end of her session or things like that. Now I feel like an ass for bringing it up at all 😒

This was on StripChat and the goal/countdown started at only at 200 tokens with the promise of a "BJ" at the end. When the goal was met, it simply popped back to 200 tokens and nothing further happened.
^^this is different than

the model just giving up and reset the goal halfway because the room was slow, it was near the end of her session
^^this, for sure.

I'm glad you explained your understanding of it, ForceTen, because it's absolutely impossible to completely avoid doing this.

That's just the nature of token sites with countdowns for shows. Sometimes it becomes so dead (tipping wise) that it completely kills any motivation I had to do the show, so I do just as you said and remove the count and change topic to something mellow and neutral until I log off soon after. If anyone contributed something significant to the count they likely were either 1. a daily regular who doesn't mind and just tips for my presence/company/chat anyway or 2. someone who bought a video so they already got something anyway. So I don't usually feel bad canceling a countdown.
Yep, I have no issues with it done under those ways as it's understandable it happens and have seen it occur with a few different models. Most times when I visit models, it's not to see the countdown through. Just more to visit, shoot the shit, etc. and not really worry too much about if I see the finale or not. Though, I did have a time or two where I was the only one contributing to the topic and the model PM'd me asking if I'd prefer a private instead continuing to tip publicly. I told her I didn't mind staying public, and she said she was in a mood to cut loose and not show the room. So, who am I to say no? :giggle: I get it though that it also meant she got offline quicker too.

I don't think I would have an issue with the model just giving up and reset the goal halfway because the room was slow, it was near the end of her session or things like that. Now I feel like an ass for bringing it up at all 😒

Yeah, if she just reset it for no reason and not following through on things, then I'd be bothered by it and not come back.

Sometimes I’ll have countdown for a show finished by a regular who can’t stay to see that show. They often aren’t even tipping just to see the show. Depending on my mood and how rest of room behaves I’ll restart show goal. Take away tips that other people did, like if people contributed smaller amounts. But I won’t do show for dead room after person that finished countdown left 🤷‍♀️
Edit: I’ll also ban anyone that didn’t tip (or barely tipped) that asks me to do that show.

Edit: I’ll also ban anyone that didn’t tip (or barely tipped) that asks me to do that show.

I can understand this. If there's no real contributors left, then might not be worth it.

I just got to the point where if I need to leave and still have tokens left, I'll ninja tip the model so it doesn't go towards the countdown. That way, she still gets them, and those not contributing don't get a free show after I leave.

Ninja tipping during shows has also become more common for me, depending on how others are. I'll do hidden amount tips, which people will still see I tip but unless the know the countdown they won't know the amount. If others contribute, then I continue hidden tipping. If not, then I either will take the model private or ninja tip her.

Reactions: AnaBee
I'll ninja tip the model so it doesn't go towards the countdown
Slightly off topic but... one of the sweetest things a couple of my regulars have done in the past is to ninja tip the rest of the countdown after I've already canceled the show and said I didn't feel well/up to doing it.

Because if they did it publicly, you know every single random person in the room would cry if the show didn't happen at that point, even though I'd already stated it was canceled.

Slightly off topic but... one of the sweetest things a couple of my regulars have done in the past is to ninja tip the rest of the countdown after I've already canceled the show and said I didn't feel well/up to doing it.

Because if they did it publicly, you know every single random person in the room would cry if the show didn't happen at that point, even though I'd already stated it was canceled.

Exactly. I usually don't keep enough to do a full countdown. But, have done similar to help put a smile on the model's face. Especially when you know it's been a tough few days for her in terms of tokens or just offline life in general.

Slightly off topic for what you have all been talking about but also similar:

on ManyVids, I have started to be a little active for a specific model (the one i tried getting tokens for)..
Before I had even spent any money I had lots of models follow me, I have nothing on my profile or anything. How do these models find a profile of a random user who has not posted anything etc?

on ManyVids, I have started to be a little active for a specific model (the one i tried getting tokens for)..
Before I had even spent any money I had lots of models follow me, I have nothing on my profile or anything. How do these models find a profile of a random user who has not posted anything etc?
Mind that I'm pretty new to to site as well, just few months so I haven't got a full idea of how the site really works. I believe it's a common problem. Happened to me after I bought vids and customs, not before, though. And just like in your case it's really odd since I just have an empty profile. I only follow a couple of models there because I've happened to visit them through another site.

And, yes, this unwanted and total unrequested follow frenzy and spam messages by random models with whom you've never even interacted with it's crazy, wild, and real. I get that maybe it's a bot, and maybe not even the model. Anyway, it's a disgrace.

Yes, you can hide the models you are following (which I did) but if they, on their part, don't hide their followers, I assume your profile is for everybody and other models to see.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: NotYou
[...] eating cheetos on the couch while playing videogames in boxer and in a stainted shirt.
Sure, while the model herself is in the next room, wearing a silk lace negligee while getting her hair, makeup and nails done by her personal assistant ... making almost inaudible sighs of pleasure while eating organic baby carrots and drinking Voss from a champagne glass with soothing classical music playing on low volume in the background.

Yep. Probably.

Slightly off topic for what you have all been talking about but also similar:

Actually, this was a brief topic of conversation here:

As to how they find those of us with blank profiles, etc. I'm sure there's a marketing algorithm or api call they make to query the user database. Or, in the case of what happened to me on MFC, models browsing other models, finding people who to try and lure to themselves. It could also be like Marceline stated in that there's a way to sort users by score. Who knows..

I have the ability to show my followers turned off, actually it's been off for a long time I guess. But, the score aspect is interesting since creators automatically get a score of 750, so unless someone buys a lot I'm wondering if they ever cross that number?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, while the model herself is in the next room, wearing a silk lace negligee while getting her hair, makeup and nails done by her personal assistant ... making almost inaudible sighs of pleasure while eating organic baby carrots and drinking Voss from a champagne glass with soothing classical music playing on low volume in the background.

Yep. Probably.
Ok. Point taken. And I totally get what you mean. Didn't mean to sound disrespectful to anyone. My bad. The point I'm trying to make is that it doesn't matter if it's the model in La Perla or in a pajamas, his boyfriend in shirt or a in suit, on a couch or chillin on the patio or even her pr/social media manager. Point is, in my opinion, it's a poor management and behaviour. Personally, and of course I'm only speaking for myself, I don't appreciate that as a customer and as a man, but others may feel different and it's totally ok.

Reactions: MarieElise
Actually, this was a brief topic of conversation here:

As to how they find those of us with blank profiles, etc. I'm sure there's a marketing algorithm or api call they make to query the user database. Or, in the case of what happened to me on MFC, models browsing other models, finding people who to try and lure to themselves. It could also be like Marceline stated in that there's a way to sort users by score. Who knows..

I have the ability to show my followers turned off, actually it's been off for a long time I guess. But, the score aspect is interesting since creators automatically get a score of 750, so unless someone buys a lot I'm wondering if they ever cross that number?

I guess also to touch on what she (Marceline) said for the "why", is in the hopes you will check their page out, even if it's just out of curiosity, end up seeing some thing/s you like and purchase. I bet that does happen more often than not. So far that hasn't worked on me, and quite frankly I can't imagine it ever will (for me personally it puts me off wanting to - similar to models on camsites PMing and instantly saying "pvt bb?").

I did recently give a small tip for the model for this contest in "teamsgiving" and I am 3rd on her leaderboard, since then I had a few other's follow me. I can understand that they added me after seeing that, as a potential tipper/customer. Just the "how" to find us is weird, when I hadn't posted anywhere etc.

Edit:
Also just to add, I tried Incognito mode to buy on MV and it worked fine (not tried for tokens but it worked for the contest thing for the model so one can only assume it will work for tokens too). so thanks.

Point is, in my opinion, it's a poor management and behaviour. Personally, and of course I'm only speaking for myself, I don't appreciate that as a customer and as a man, but others may feel different and it's totally ok.
I agree, but my point was that it doesn't take a cheetos-eating slob of a boyfriend to make a model do a dick move. Those of that disposition are in my experience more than capable of doing it themselves. The smarter ones, however, make you believe a dick move was just what you wanted.

Reactions: mike_aussie
I agree, but my point was that it doesn't take a cheetos-eating slob of a boyfriend to make a model do a dick move. Those of that disposition are in my experience more than capable of doing it themselves.
Oh yeah, sure, absolutely. Agree with you on that. I just expanded a little bit to make myself more clear.

The smarter ones, however, make you believe a dick move was just what you wanted.
This might actually be true. I get that. But I also believe it works with people who are less smart than you, and btw that only tells me the sort of people one person is used to deal with. Another disgrace and major turn off. Also, that can only work until you find the ones who are smarter than you. And, in life, that happens.

As a general rule, I've always believed it's always safe not to assume to be smarter than other people, because usually people who think this way, at the end, got fucked big time. And rightfully so. But I digress. It's the lockdown, me getting philosophical, and the wine. This sort of unwanted spam I find to be really massive particularly on camsites. Not on other adult related sites. It's honestly a disgrace. Just my opinion, of course.

That said, this is the thread where us guys could vent about the models. But, honestly, I'm glad to see we really don't. The only reason I joined this forum was because I found it by accident searching for a model who pissed me off like you can't even imagine how. Also I have the strong feeling all of us guys just stay quiet and silent but if we should open the books one day at dinner, one to another, just between us, I believe we all have some really fucking interesting stories to tell each others.

Last edited:
Log in for a quick moment to check messages then pop off as I have stuff going on and couldn't stay online long. There's five models on my friend's list who are online. Within ten seconds, I get hit with PM's from three of them. I send a quick "Hi, I'm only on to check messages then need to log off" response so as to not be rude.

Two are cool, and respond along the lines of "Hopefully next time, have a good rest of your day". The third is the model I discussed in this post. She commented on how it slow, she's been on for quite some hours and not making any money asking if I can help her out. I only buy tokens when I plan to visit models, so I don't have any. She seemed okay with it then threw out the "Any help is appreciated so as to help feed my family as times are tough and I'm not making any money". She's moved up more than a few ranks since my last post, so she's obviously still doing well even though she says otherwise.

And models talk about members trying to take advantage of them while the models are being ethical? Goes both ways...

The third is the model I discussed in this post. She commented on how it slow, she's been on for quite some hours and not making any money asking if I can help her out. I only buy tokens when I plan to visit models, so I don't have any. She seemed okay with it then threw out the "Any help is appreciated so as to help feed my family as times are tough and I'm not making any money". She's moved up more than a few ranks since my last post, so she's obviously still doing well even though she says otherwise.

And models talk about members trying to take advantage of them while the models are being ethical? Goes both ways...
I know you didn't ask for this advice, but I'd highly suggest blocking her and moving on from her room. Unless she's like ridiculously hot and sexy and your dick won't survive without seeing her again.

I know you didn't ask for this advice, but I'd highly suggest blocking her and moving on from her room. Unless she's like ridiculously hot and sexy and your dick won't survive without seeing her again.

She's cool to chat with when I'm in her room, and I do tip when there. But, after this second time, I'm done. Wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and a second chance in case the previous situation was a one time deal.

I just find it very annoying that a model would make such a claim when it's obvious she's doing quite well. No different than when models talk about members being on tough times. Difference there being there's no true way to determine if a member is telling the truth or lying, unless one tracks their rewards points and how often they're on.

Log in for a quick moment to check messages then pop off as I have stuff going on and couldn't stay online long. There's five models on my friend's list who are online. Within ten seconds, I get hit with PM's from three of them. I send a quick "Hi, I'm only on to check messages then need to log off" response so as to not be rude.

Two are cool, and respond along the lines of "Hopefully next time, have a good rest of your day". The third is the model I discussed in this post. She commented on how it slow, she's been on for quite some hours and not making any money asking if I can help her out. I only buy tokens when I plan to visit models, so I don't have any. She seemed okay with it then threw out the "Any help is appreciated so as to help feed my family as times are tough and I'm not making any money". She's moved up more than a few ranks since my last post, so she's obviously still doing well even though she says otherwise.

Wow, that's highly unprofessional of her. It seems like she's trying to lay a guilt trip on you and other users. I get that we all are going through a very tough period right now but there's no need to bother people with your "personal problems". Camming is one of the very few industries which is supposed to provide a pure entertainment, not unwanted worries, especially nowadays.
The real world is stressful AF at the moment.
So I'd recommend to move on without feeling bad.

P.S. Hi again, lovely forum.

She's cool to chat with when I'm in her room, and I do tip when there. But, after this second time, I'm done. Wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and a second chance in case the previous situation was a one time deal.
I'm glad you gave her the chance, and sorry she blew it when taken. I can see it being hard to keep "cool conversation" with a person after you see this side of them.
I just find it very annoying that a model would make such a claim when it's obvious she's doing quite well
In a situation where a model is doing quite well, and having an off night, I think she shouldn't be as harshly judged if she just vents a bit of frustration to the member without any actual requesting/suggesting that member actually pay/tip to make her day better. If you were really close buddies with her and she just made an offhand comment about slowness, I feel that's completely OK. It's too bad she took it farther.

I'm glad you gave her the chance, and sorry she blew it when taken. I can see it being hard to keep "cool conversation" with a person after you see this side of them.

Thanks, I try to give people benefit of the doubt and a usually a second chance on most things. Sometimes more. Sometimes less, and shut it down before it really starts. But, after seeing someone in a particular manner makes it very difficult to have those conversations in the same manner.

In a situation where a model is doing quite well, and having an off night, I think she shouldn't be as harshly judged if she just vents a bit of frustration to the member without any actual requesting/suggesting that member actually pay/tip to make her day better. If you were really close buddies with her and she just made an offhand comment about slowness, I feel that's completely OK. It's too bad she took it farther.

Agreed. I've had similar high-level conversations about the odd night or two being slower than normal with some of the top 50 models I used to frequent their rooms before they retired. They never begged/asked/requested for tips in the way this model has been doing. Where I really have issues though is like I mentioned before where a model is in the top 100-150 and complains about not making any money. I don't know her financial situations, and maybe she is in a very tough situation due to medical, ailing family members, legal issues. But, to say she's not making any money when she's in the top 100-150 and badgering member to tip out of sympathy or guilt? Nah... Kind of goes back to the conversations about members needing to be responsible for their own damn financial situations.

I have a number of close friends who own small businesses in the vanilla sector, and we've had some in depth conversations about business cycles throughout the years. But even in those, certain aspects are never discussed and it's never been asked to open wallets and just give them money. But I do my best to try and support them by giving my business if I can, as well as trying to promote them via word of mouth. Same with some performers (singers, bands, actors, etc), I'll comment to those I know who might be interested where they might be if they want to check them out. When I do, it's in a respectful manner as I don't want them to think I'm being a pushy salesman.

Reactions: mike_aussie
have a number of close friends who own small businesses in the vanilla sector, and we've had some in depth conversations about business cycles throughout the years. But even in those, certain aspects are never discussed and it's never been asked to open wallets and just give them money. But I do my best to try and support them by giving my business if I can, as well as trying to promote them via word of mouth. Same with some performers (singers, bands, actors, etc), I'll comment to those I know who might be interested where they might be if they want to check them out. When I do, it's in a respectful manner as I don't want them to think I'm being a pushy salesman.
I perfectly see your point and agree with your post in general but this part got me.

I think the comparison in this case doesn't fit good enough.
As you said, your close friends own small businesses in the vanilla sector.
And you're their FRIEND first, their client second.
If they were open to vent about how bad things are going now, it'd be perfectly understandable, in my opinion. You have to support them, you're their friend.
That's what any decent friendship is about.
You're the client FIRST to any model. And you may be the friend second.
So if your friends decided to openly share their problems with you, it'd be more than fine.
Why having friends if you can't tell them about your worries?
But when a model decides to share her problems with her clients, even the best ones, there's a very fine line. It can escalate really quickly and turn into a bunch of sleazy manipulations because models practically rely on members.
Members are the source of income.

I mean, my point makes the situation look even worse than yours.

Sometimes I share some details or concerns with my cam-besties but I always make sure to not cross the line. I don't want them to feel obligated to "help me". I want them to feel amazing because I provided the greatest sexual experience for their tokens which help me at the end of the day.

So if a model makes you feel bad because you're not currently tipping, even when you consider her your cam-friend, it's a massive red flag and it'd be better to move on for a while or forever.

The difference is that you remain a friend for your friends even if you buy something from them here and there. And you remain a client for your fav models even if you've built a strong connection with them.

Just my two cents.

I perfectly see your point and agree with your post in general but this part got me.

I think the comparison in this case doesn't fit good enough.
As you said, your close friends own small businesses in the vanilla sector.
And you're their FRIEND first, their client second.
If they were open to vent about how bad things are going now, it'd be perfectly understandable, in my opinion. You have to support them, you're their friend.
That's what any decent friendship is about.
You're the client FIRST to any model. And you may be the friend second.
So if your friends decided to openly share their problems with you, it'd be more than fine.
Why having friends if you can't tell them about your worries?
But when a model decides to share her problems with her clients, even the best ones, there's a very fine line. It can escalate really quickly and turn into a bunch of sleazy manipulations because models practically rely on members.
Members are the source of income.

I mean, my point makes the situation look even worse than yours.

Sometimes I share some details or concerns with my cam-besties but I always make sure to not cross the line. I don't want them to feel obligated to "help me". I want them to feel amazing because I provided the greatest sexual experience for their tokens which help me at the end of the day.

So if a model makes you feel bad because you're not currently tipping, even when you consider her your cam-friend, it's a massive red flag and it'd be better to move on for a while or forever.

The difference is that you remain a friend for your friends even if you buy something from them here and there. And you remain a client for your fav models even if you've built a strong connection with them.

Just my two cents.

Thank you, and in general I do agree. I don't consider this particular model to be close like some of the others I've come to know over the years. Even then, there's still a bit of hesitation to share info because the nature of the business and it's intended to be kept at a distance due to confidentiality and no real plans to meet (even though in extremely rare cases it might happen).

Not all of my close friends who own vanilla businesses were friends first, then business owners second. Some of them we became good friends through our interactions as a business/customer, then the lines became blurred a little. So, while we are still very close friends, we did started off not as such. But, at this point there really is no difference between them and those who were friends first.

While it is true that in nearly all instances of model/member interactions it is business, it's been stated and proven by some models here that in very rare cases either real friendships develop or even more rare it goes beyond. I'm not saying that any of the models I visit we would consider each others as close friends. But, of all of them, none of them has ever push or tried to manipulate me into tipping like this one has done and I only consider her a model I've visited a few times.

As to your point about manipulations, again it goes both ways. The difference is that the number of members/guests/visitors is significantly higher than models, which is the nature of the business. Look at all the lovecon and other stories of deception and/or manipulation that is brought up regarding what models attempt to do with certain members? Just as there's even more stories about how models get treated by some members.

It all boils down to being aware of the risks and only sharing particular information with those you actually do trust. Even then, there's time where they may stab you in the back and twist the knife while pouring salt on the wound....

Status
Not open for further replies.