AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cb doesn’t work like how it used to

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2019
USA
Private shows get cut off after a couple seconds. Public chat messages and tips keep popping up over and over again after chat reconnects. Also what’s up with the chatroom disconnecting all the time I’ve seen it happen to other models as well. When it reconnects it makes the Lovense toy go off a thousand times for the same tip. On top of that I tend not to deal with too many trolls but this week they’ve been infesting my chatroom really annoying seeing their messages pop up over and over despite banning them.

Attachments

• CE93079F-3FDA-48FE-9E02-3AF243EBCF07.jpeg
    CE93079F-3FDA-48FE-9E02-3AF243EBCF07.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I think that’s around the same time when I started seeing the issues arise on chaturbate as well. So disappointing cb always worked perfectly for me until now.

Upvote 0
This happens regularly from time to time and I experienced it since I frequent Cb.
Chat servers seem to be overloaded and disconnect you. When you reconnect, they output once again a few of the last messages to ensure you missed nothing ^^
I was not aware of this influence on Lovense addon though :/ amusing...

If you have difficulties one day to stay connected, just try another server, I think it should work by changing the URL to switch: en.chaturbate.com , it.chaturbate.com , es.chaturbate.com ...

Reactions: Cheeseonmyfriesplz
Upvote 0
This happens regularly from time to time and I experienced it since I frequent Cb.
Chat servers seem to be overloaded and disconnect you. When you reconnect, they output once again a few of the last messages to ensure you missed nothing ^^
I was not aware of this influence on Lovense addon though :/ amusing...

If you have difficulties one day to stay connected, just try another server, I think it should work by changing the URL to switch: en.chaturbate.com , it.chaturbate.com , es.chaturbate.com ...
Oh wow this is new for me. Can you write more combinations of this en. it. es etc?

Reactions: sugar_bonnie
Upvote 0
Oh wow this is new for me. Can you write more combinations of this en. it. es etc?
This switches to different pages for different languages supported, so you should have 1 prefix by language... but I'm not quite sure that it switches the server.
You can try for fun: ru.chaturbate.com, ko.chaturbate.com, etc...

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
I was just thinking about how annoying all these bugs are lately, the chat disconnections, the issues where you stream randomly cuts off for a bit, even minor things can't be fixed, like when you select a size 20 font and then start a new PM, you will have a standard size font instead of 20 in the new PM unless you again manually change it to something else and then 20 again... And on top of that, Chaturbate chat and page design looks like it's from 2005.. Like come on CB, maybe take some inspiration from Twitch? At least let me detach my chat and place it where I want.

Upvote 0
This switches to different pages for different languages supported, so you should have 1 prefix by language... but I'm not quite sure that it switches the server.
You can try for fun: ru.chaturbate.com, ko.chaturbate.com, etc...
I think all the xx.chaturbate.com URLs are just different language versions, and that you aren't connecting to any specific chaturbate server when you change the URL.
Chaturbate's list of video ingestion points and points of presence is perhaps more useful: https://support.chaturbate.com/hc/e...5112-Suggestions-for-independent-broadcasters

Upvote 0
I was just thinking about how annoying all these bugs are lately, the chat disconnections, the issues where you stream randomly cuts off for a bit, even minor things can't be fixed, like when you select a size 20 font and then start a new PM, you will have a standard size font instead of 20 in the new PM unless you again manually change it to something else and then 20 again... And on top of that, Chaturbate chat and page design looks like it's from 2005.. Like come on CB, maybe take some inspiration from Twitch? At least let me detach my chat and place it where I want.

CB's no-frill design is a blessing. CB is the only streaming site that doesn't lag for me or cause me software issues. Sites like Twitch and MFC (with options and custom views) run incredibly slow on my equipment. They also have a tendency to eat up my CPU cycles and cause my PC to run very warm. Make fun of CB because you personally feel it is outdated, but in that simplicity is a more streamlined experience.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
I think all the xx.chaturbate.com URLs are just different language versions, and that you aren't connecting to any specific chaturbate server when you change the URL.
yes, probably and IP used for the connection on different pages is the same whatever is the language, so it's only hypothetical (I tried to be not too affirmative)
Though there are chances that they switch the chat function after connecting depending on your region or the server's load, that's not easy to observe (even using WireShark) I can't figure that they can use only 1 server for all connections to the chats, they are so verbose...

Chaturbate's list of video ingestion points and points of presence is perhaps more useful: https://support.chaturbate.com/hc/e...5112-Suggestions-for-independent-broadcasters
These are streaming servers and can help you when having bandwidth problems on video, yes.

But video and chat are obviously processed by different servers, ie 1 Server for the stream and another for the chat.
You can observe a good stream fed by OBS and have big connection issues with the chat or the contrary

Upvote 0
yes, probably and IP used for the connection on different pages is the same whatever is the language, so it's only hypothetical (I tried to be not too affirmative)
Though there are chances that they switch the chat function after connecting depending on your region or the server's load, that's not easy to observe (even using WireShark) I can't figure that they can use only 1 server for all connections to the chats, they are so verbose...

These are streaming servers and can help you when having bandwidth problems on video, yes.

But video and chat are obviously processed by different servers, ie 1 Server for the stream and another for the chat.
You can observe a good stream fed by OBS and have big connection issues with the chat or the contrary
Indeed. Yesterday one of my regulars was in my room and he said that he is irritated because chat lagging a lot, when he type etc. But he said that my video is perfect.

Upvote 0
CB's no-frill design is a blessing. CB is the only streaming site that doesn't lag for me or cause me software issues. Sites like Twitch and MFC (with options and custom views) run incredibly slow on my equipment. They also have a tendency to eat up my CPU cycles and cause my PC to run very warm. Make fun of CB because you personally feel it is outdated, but in that simplicity is a more streamlined experience.

Cheers,
Cexmental

I don't mind the simplicity of CB but it could definitely do with some added or improved functions. Occasionally they add something new like Notes but at the same time they neglect more important stuff like the search function and anti-spam.

Upvote 0
The newest addition - "female" and "male" tabs now say "women" and "men"

Props to chaturbate for focusing on the important issues.

Not sure if technically they are the newest. These have been like it for about 2 or 3 months now.
But I do agree, little things like this are a nice change but we would love more significant ones. But obviously those bigger ones take a lot more work, unfortunately. And depending on how good/bad the site was originally coded, it may be a complete overhaul that is needed.

However, regardless, they should be able to afford to hire some professional coders and developers to be able to do such job, and pay them properly.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
If by months you mean minutes then I agree with you. In my browser this just happened within the past day or so.

Nope, absolutely definitely not.
I have been seeing it like this for months in Chrome on my PC and also on the desktop version on my Android using Chrome.

Do you browse on chaturbate.com or any subdomain or anything?
(If so that could be why you don't - for example the way I found chaturbate was through their subdomain of "milf.chaturbate.com/")

Edit:
Unless of course they rolled those out instages? But it seems like such a small and insignificant and easy one to not need to roll out in stages for people.

Upvote 0
Do you browse on chaturbate.com or any subdomain or anything?
I only access chaturbate.com. No subdomains.

Unless of course they rolled those out instages? But it seems like such a small and insignificant and easy one to not need to roll out in stages for people.
yeah I mean this is literally nothing more than changing the text content of a couple HTML tags.

It's very strange. I don't know why I'm only seeing it now. But I know for a fact that it hasn't been like this (in my browser) and I just failed to notice. I have a screenshot from no more than 1 week ago where it clearly shows "female" and "male."

I'm curious how many others have been seeing it for a while and how many others are just now seeing it.

Upvote 0
Apparently this is a big decision on their part. Not to be taken lightly.

Strange. Mine still shows as Women and Men.
I tried 3 different accounts and each one is the same.

That is just very odd. But I have definitely had it for months.
Maybe you did and others, but then it keeps changing back and forth? I try not to question CB too much, i don't even know if they know wtf is going on some times lol

Upvote 0
anyone knows how long this trouble is going to last?

I stream from western europe and i keep having errors as well 🥺😔 *since 2 weeks

my visitors also tell they are having trouble with chaturbate.

Multiple times my macbook is having a ''black out'' even when it is connected with its charger...

I wonder what's going on and for how long we have to deal with the crazy errors, i hope it's for a good cause ):)

Upvote 0
The servers have been good the last several days for me as a broadcaster and viewer. Before that they were really bad for about a week. In my experienced the European servers are more likely to have issue than other parts of the world.

If you are using OBS, try generating a new stream key before broadcasting and switch to the Gobal Backup Server or one close to your country because most people just leave it on the default Global Server.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JGirl
Upvote 0
Europe people what servers are u using? My OBS when everything was ok was connecting me to Warsaw (actually I live in Warsaw:p),but from the time when I observing issues , OBS connecting me to Frankfurt and then my visitors experiencing lagging. When i turn of and turn on stream again many times its connecting me to .... Phoenix (???). But when I manually change to Amsterdam, then everything is ok. Somebody once told me that Amsterdam server is the most stable for European broadcasters. Maybe try it

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
The chat servers have been the biggest problem the last week or so. Constantly lagging and delaying with sending messages and tips. And it's not just one or two people or rooms, it's a lot or all of them (obviously when it happens I can only test in a few rooms, i can't test in 5000+ lol). But this stuff gets extremely frustrating. I understand that with the combination of apps, bots and users all chatting and tipping, with the added scam-bots also posting, it can easily impact the servers, but do CB really not make enough money to upgrade or buy more, or something? I love hearing when places announce they have invested and bought/upgraded their software to help improve performance. CB never seem to announce anything (I know that doesn't mean they don't do anything behind the scenes, as I am sure they might do more than we think). But nevertheless, it's extremely irritating as a viewer/user, so I can't begin to imagine how it is for everyone who is working as a model, and even more so for those doing it and already struggling to get tokens.

So many times I see a model finally get people to start tipping her, then suddenly CB has problems. That must be so frustrating.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone ❤️ i'm also having a lot of problems with chaturbate lately. My toys respond badly to tips (they vibrate without ever stopping lol), private shows often close themselves after 2 seconds, continuous disconnections and reconnections, sometimes it doesn't send messages in chat saying "error occurred", and in general everything it is very slow. Today i had problems with apps and bots too, they crashed. I have an average of 150-200 users and lately I haven't managed to get over 30 ... everything is very frustrating and chaturbate support can't solve my problems. Do you have any advice for me? thank you all :cry:

Upvote 0
Hi everyone ❤️ i'm also having a lot of problems with chaturbate lately. My toys respond badly to tips (they vibrate without ever stopping lol), private shows often close themselves after 2 seconds, continuous disconnections and reconnections, sometimes it doesn't send messages in chat saying "error occurred", and in general everything it is very slow. Today i had problems with apps and bots too, they crashed. I have an average of 150-200 users and lately I haven't managed to get over 30 ... everything is very frustrating and chaturbate support can't solve my problems. Do you have any advice for me? thank you all :cry:
Dealing with the same exact issues really frustrating that chaturbate won’t take ownership of their chaos and do something about it already. Been dealing with this since September. Contacting support is useless cause they tend to blame the model.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.