AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Beginner's (or not really) fears. How to beat them?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2021
Well.. To begin with, I want to greet all the site members and wish you a good day 😉
I wanna sk your advice. This summer I tried to register for CB and absolutely nothing came of it. It was very sad. I spent several days with an almost empty room. And now I am very scared to start over, I am afraid that again nothing will work out. Moreover, many models write that it has become more difficult to work. I still don't understand how to find my audience, what to do, etc. What do you do on the show besides the already known games? How do you communicate? And how to overcome fear, after all, it will very much interfere with simply communicating.

how to overcome fear
I have been doing this for sooo long and I still get anxious about clicking that button to start my stream. I don't know that it will ever go away for me! I try to feel it as positive excitement, not knowing what will come of my efforts on a given day doesn't have to be a negative. But while I used to feel some anxiety throughout the stream, it now goes away as soon as I've done the damn thing and gotten on and people filter in.

Finding your audience comes down to two things, I think: Knowing what you want to portray and sticking to it (I guess this ties into your how to communicate question), and simply showing up and being there for the right people to find you.

There are a lot of threads about these subjects, as well as how to spice up your show and do different things. I hope that reading through some of them will help to ease your concerns! Camming can be pretty great.

I'm a regular with a number of models on MFC but they all have the same thing in common, they are chill and its more about hanging out than explicit content and a number of them do very well.
One is starting out and I got to know her thanks to her doing a show with one of the models hangout with a lot. Another model recently returned after a long hiatus from camming but was lucky enough to pick up some great regulars who support her well, but she is still trying to find her thing and get established.

So as Mollie Marie said you need to find your thing, I think being authentic works very well because if someone wants to watch a naked lady masturbate on CB there is plenty of options.

Although in my experience MFC has a smaller number of views but a much higher ratio of premium members to guests and basics so you get less viewers but more potential for tips.
Also I feel that the other premium members on MFC are a much classier bunch.

A couple of examples of what models I hang with do.
One does crafts and chats with use, also does a yoga show most mornings, others will dance and play Jenga with us (that is quite popular)

I think being themselves works for them. They talk about their mental health struggles too.

The most important thing to bring me in a room is if the model looks happy, having fun. If I want to look at boring faces, I go to work.
And second, as the person above wrote, for many it's not about explicit stuff. It's like making a connection with the model. See if they have things in common. Could be anything, type of movies, music, sport, tv, hobbies, interests, pets, etc, etc. But even if there's not, being engaging, talking about anything will help.
And yes for some it's all about explicit stuff. Most of these come and go, but if you manage to make a connection they may stick around for a long time.

What is it about camming that causes fear?

If you didn't get anywhere with your first try on CB it might be worth trying a different platform. Make sure to stream every day you have a "new model" status. This will help you build a following quicker. Also, try to stick to a regular schedule.

Don't underestimate the power of social media. I've noticed the most successful cam girls post regularly on Twitter or Instagram. Just cute teasing photos with links to your explicit content will increase your traffic. Google stuff like "personal branding" and "how to build a following"

If you're like me and hate social media, you can still enhance your stream with better lighting and camera angles. Try playing around with your setup before going live. Google stuff like "video lighting techniques"

If at first you don't succeed, try again.

What is it about camming that causes fear?

If you didn't get anywhere with your first try on CB it might be worth trying a different platform. Make sure to stream every day you have a "new model" status. This will help you build a following quicker. Also, try to stick to a regular schedule.

Don't underestimate the power of social media. I've noticed the most successful cam girls post regularly on Twitter or Instagram. Just cute teasing photos with links to your explicit content will increase your traffic. Google stuff like "personal branding" and "how to build a following"

If you're like me and hate social media, you can still enhance your stream with better lighting and camera angles. Try playing around with your setup before going live. Google stuff like "video lighting techniques"

If at first you don't succeed, try again.
Lots of good advice.

You have to give yourself time to get your way and style and it can take a while for models to find their way, and that will help members to find you on the way too. It does take time. There's no such thing as just coming online and start to make big money. There's an attraction for new models, and at the same time, many models also been doing it a long time and built up an regular audience. Its just like any new restaurant.

Not to distract from the original topic, but based on the one I quoted.... About social media. Yes lots of models do that ( I do too) , but I'm curious... How much of members (paying ones) models actually get from that? And how much turns out to mostly be keeping in touch with visitors that stumble in your room and then keep in touch with them (paying and non-paying ones)

I often question the ROI (Return on investment... in time in this case) from social media work. I'm not saying that there is not. But for a new model to just start, I'm not sure of the impact it has early on if the models goal is to make actual money online. For sure it doesn't hurt, but I'm not sure the income will come much higher or faster by focusing on this. It's a good thing to start early on and make it grow, but I would not expect a high improvement on earnings with this as a focus.

I think the best way, early on, is getting comfortable with the medium, the platform (potentially try others too), finding your own style, being creative your own way, trying different things and trying these out and see what seems to work or not, and then defining and refining yourself from there, and more than anything, making sure you have a great time online, fun, so visitors sense and feel that, and your ability to share that with them. If they enjoy your company, they might not spend on you the first-tenth time they visit you, but eventually will, and then might be returning regularly because of who you are and because of your ways.

Again, all this takes time. Be patient!

*Sidenote... a thing that helped me was to not focus on money and time online, It was to focus on having a good time and fun. It eventually paid off.

I wish you luck!

Reactions: thinkinboutit
Well.. To begin with, I want to greet all the site members and wish you a good day 😉
I wanna sk your advice. This summer I tried to register for CB and absolutely nothing came of it. It was very sad. I spent several days with an almost empty room. And now I am very scared to start over, I am afraid that again nothing will work out. Moreover, many models write that it has become more difficult to work. I still don't understand how to find my audience, what to do, etc. What do you do on the show besides the already known games? How do you communicate? And how to overcome fear, after all, it will very much interfere with simply communicating.
Know that this is 10000% normal. Everyone starts SOMEWHERE. Even the best webcam models in the world started with nobody in their rooms and built.

How do you build? Create a schedule for yourself. Show up for that schedule every single day. Get on social media and share your schedule, too. Tweet when you go live. etc.

The fastest way to building an audience, I will say, is through collaborations. Doing shows with another model is a super easy way to expose yourself to a fan base (hers) that already exists.

This is sometimes easier said than done, but just be yourself. Literally. For some models, that means tons of sex appeal. For others, it's more playful and goofy. Whatever comes the most natural to you, do THAT. It's online, so exaggerate that, whatever THAT is.

Consistency is everything. Eventually, you will build fans and loyal ones at that who will come hang in your room and tip you.

In my MFC days, I would be at the top of the front page sometimes and sometimes I would have like 50 people in my room, nobody talking. It ebbs and flows. Just stick with it. The more you do, the more practice you get, the easier it gets. I was SOOOO shy when I first got on cam, and now, even though I don't cam anymore, it's been like 9 years and my on-camera presence is pretty damn great just because I spent all those hours talking to an audience...and sometimes just myself....on cam.

Fear is normal. It's your brain's natural instinct to keep you "safe" and play small, and not venture beyond your comfort zone. But you ARE safe. So feel the fear and do your thing anyways. :h:

When I first started, I was so nervous! People coming in and out of room, and I would always say “hi *username*! How are you?” But guys just left. I’m a conversationalist, so rather than sitting around trying to get guys to say hi to me, I would log into my member account while I was streaming, and pretend to have a full blown conversation with myself with a mix of typing and talking. It helped members to stick around and ask questions in return then from there is just kinda took off. I tried so many different things for my first six months to see what worked and what didn’t, but keeping a conversation going was the best thing I could ever have done for myself.

Unfortunately, I wear my emotions on my sleeve. So if I looked bored, chances are I would be. I only try to go on cam when I am in the right head space and mood. When I am not, I go to sext panther or nite flirt, and that was easier for me to balance out the camming drain and woes at times when I wasn’t as hyped up to go on cam.

Hey! I think the best advice is: ○ Choose a good platform to create your account. ○ Tray again and again to find a perfect place and perfect opportunity.

There is no reason why you should fear starting over - starting over means starting fresh, isn't it? So forget about the past, you have the chance to redo it all over. Yes, indeed, a little bit of anxiety is understandable, but do not dwell into it for too long. What I would suggest is having a schedules, for example starting streaming at approximately the same hour from Monday to Friday. This way, members will know when you are going to be online. Be as talkative as you can, tease, dance and overall have a good vibe. The thing with camming is that you don't have to find the audience, the audience finds you. What you can do to catch their attention is be yourself - the most playful and seductive version that you can be.

Don't know if the sound and video quality are super important for CB, but I would suggest maybe investing in a better gadgets. It doesn't have to be the most expensive camera or laptop, so don't think that you need hundreds of dollars for it. Most users are inclined in clicking on the chatroom that displays the best image - I would be drawn to it too. I wish you the best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.