AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What can a model do when a mini whale PM's her for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2021
It must be horrible performing for only one user for months on end. He even sends PM in middle of goal performance and she stops to write him back, Every user that joins the room leaves within 10 min. The only good thing about it is the tokens I guess.

Yes there is always jealousy between regular viewers of one model, we hide it to make ourselves look good to the model, you should see some of the rage fights we all have in PM some days lol.
She (model) is starting to get uncomfortable with mini whales PM's but she will not do anything he is 50% or more of her income. There is no solution I was just venting I guess.

I'm not a model, so please just take this as advice from a fellow viewer who has seen a lot of in-fighting that almost destroyed the atmosphere in a favourite room.
If the model has outright told you she's uncomfortable with all the pm's, then she really should reset boundaries with this viewer rather than discuss it with others.
But it's also very negative to have all that jealousy amongst fellow viewers, perhaps ask why you feel this?

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the users of a room will sit and PM amongst themselves about another member, where the model has no idea it is occurring? How is the model suppose to maintain control of her room when members are doing this and effectively killing the room vibe? In all of my years using camsites I have never PM'd another member, not even a moderator. 🤷‍♂️

The model should set a boundary. Explaining that she enjoys chatting with him, but also needs to keep the room happy, so she will reply when she can. If he wants her undivided attention, theres always the option to take her pvt.

Maybe the model is inexperienced. She will likely learn in time how to set boundaries. I can tell you though, it's an instant permanent ban if a viewer tries to tell me how to run my business.

Unless she asks for your advice you should stay silent about how she deals with other customers.

This can be a problem. I sort of was in this situation where, as a user, I would visit a model and we would only chat in PM. But she would immediately direct all her attention to me and ignore the other users in her room. I would tell her that they all hate me because of this attention. She didn't care.

So I started talking to the other users and her in public chat and only occasionally addressed her in PM if it was something private between us.

It has improved the tone of her room and she seems to enjoy the banter between me and the other users.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the users of a room will sit and PM amongst themselves about another member, where the model has no idea it is occurring? How is the model suppose to maintain control of her room when members are doing this and effectively killing the room vibe? In all of my years using camsites I have never PM'd another member, not even a moderator. 🤷‍♂️
No. Something I really like about SM: Members don't interact with one another behind the scenes.

How do you know this is happening?
Unless I'm reading it wrong, the OP's second post seems to indicate it does in this case:

"Yes there is always jealousy between regular viewers of one model, we hide it to make ourselves look good to the model, you should see some of the rage fights we all have in PM some days lol."

Last edited:
Reactions: rockin_rod
It must be horrible performing for only one user for months on end. He even sends PM in middle of goal performance and she stops to write him back, Every user that joins the room leaves within 10 min. The only good thing about it is the tokens I guess.

I assume you’re in her room often enough to have noticed this issue. So she’s not really performing for “only one user,” correct?

Maybe only one tipper… but in that case, the non-tippers probably shouldn’t be surprised or annoyed when the model directs more attention to the tipper.

And who’s to say why new users are leaving the room within 10 minutes? It’s not that uncommon and can happen for a myriad of reasons, not even necessarily related to the room or the model. It’s not necessarily about the tipper dominating her attention. And if it is, a simple solution would be to become a tipper themselves.

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the OP's second post seems to indicate it does in this case:

"Yes there is always jealousy between regular viewers of one model, we hide it to make ourselves look good to the model, you should see some of the rage fights we all have in PM some days lol."
Aha, I didn't appreciate your comment was directly relating to the OP's question. I read it as though you were referring to and questioning your own experience on a particular site.
Apologies for the confusion!

Reactions: Lucid1
I get what you are saying but if she keeps doing it, chances are it annoys you more than her and frankly this sounds a bit jealous....unless she has been complaining to you about it then I retract that statement.

If shes actually looking for solutions for it to stop she can literally block him. Or even set a boundary.
I enjoy all opinions thank you, I shouldn't have posted this there is no solution money rules the cam world. I'm one of a very small group of regulars we are there everyday, the whale dominates the room on

purpose if we upset him he cusses us out in pm then leaves the room for 2 days so model loses a lot of tokens, we all have to walk on eggshells because the model needs these tokens. Sorry I can't give a lot of

details the room is to small :)

I'm not a model, so please just take this as advice from a fellow viewer who has seen a lot of in-fighting that almost destroyed the atmosphere in a favourite room.
If the model has outright told you she's uncomfortable with all the pm's, then she really should reset boundaries with this viewer rather than discuss it with others.
But it's also very negative to have all that jealousy amongst fellow viewers, perhaps ask why you feel this?
Me and a few regulars are in love with this model, I know stupid right, I read this forum lol. We have lost control of our minds

Groups of friends hang out together they visit every model as a group. I'm a lone wolf like you

The model should set a boundary. Explaining that she enjoys chatting with him, but also needs to keep the room happy, so she will reply when she can. If he wants her undivided attention, theres always the option to take her pvt.
He won't do pvt because his friends are in the room, they will get mad

Maybe the model is inexperienced. She will likely learn in time how to set boundaries. I can tell you though, it's an instant permanent ban if a viewer tries to tell me how to run my business.

Unless she asks for your advice you should stay silent about how she deals with other customers.
The model and I are very close we tell each other everything

This can be a problem. I sort of was in this situation where, as a user, I would visit a model and we would only chat in PM. But she would immediately direct all her attention to me and ignore the other users in her room. I would tell her that they all hate me because of this attention. She didn't care.

So I started talking to the other users and her in public chat and only occasionally addressed her in PM if it was something private between us.

It has improved the tone of her room and she seems to enjoy the banter between me and the other users.
I've read some of your posts in this forum your regular room is very similar to mine. Thanks for not being selfish and doing good things for the model and room

Reactions: Jay_Storm
This is crazy behaviour on a cam site. It's not the 'Cheers' bar, nor is it the school yard.
The interactions between users can be a pleasant aspect of being in a room, but they can be unpleasant too. Sounds like that's the case here. True friends don't get mad at a guy for using a model's services.
Those guys sound like they need a reminder of who they're in the room for - the model. If a viewer wants a private, that is between them and the model. Nobody else.

I assume you’re in her room often enough to have noticed this issue. So she’s not really performing for “only one user,” correct?

Maybe only one tipper… but in that case, the non-tippers probably shouldn’t be surprised or annoyed when the model directs more attention to the tipper.

And who’s to say why new users are leaving the room within 10 minutes? It’s not that uncommon and can happen for a myriad of reasons, not even necessarily related to the room or the model. It’s not necessarily about the tipper dominating her attention. And if it is, a simple solution would be to become a tipper themselves.
A very small group of regulars provide about 95% of all tips, very small room, we are there everyday, I'm about 20-25% of all tips. If new user tries to chat with model the whale will immediately tip from tip menu so model has to leave keyboard

This is crazy behaviour on a cam site. It's not the 'Cheers' bar, nor is it the school yard.
The interactions between users can be a pleasant aspect of being in a room, but they can be unpleasant too. Sounds like that's the case here. True friends don't get mad at a guy for using a model's services.
Those guys sound like they need a reminder of who they're in the room for - the model. If a viewer wants a private, that is between them and the model. Nobody else.
Yes I find the whole situation very weird

Sounds like she needs to create some boundaries.

I'm one of a very small group of regulars we are there everyday, the whale dominates the room on purpose if we upset him he cusses us out in pm then leaves the room for 2 days so model loses a lot of tokens, we all have to walk on eggshells because the model needs these tokens.

Groups of friends hang out together they visit every model as a group.

If new user tries to chat with model the whale will immediately tip from tip menu so model has to leave keyboard

OK, as a member I am starting to get a clearer picture of why new visitors might leave the room after a few minutes. This room seems extremely clique-heavy and toxic.

The whale’s behavior is not helping, for sure. But personally, the whole “groups of friends” that visit the model together and talk (and argue) amongst themselves could be enough to make me leave.

In a small room, if I sense that everyone is pals and I’m the outsider, even tipping the model can feel like an act of confrontation. I’d rather just go find a room where I blend in better and can relax. Plenty of options. I’m guessing the cliques are part of the problem here. Especially if they’re annoyed half the time because of the whale. Even if those arguments happened over PM, the mood of hostility can still sometimes bleed into the main room.

OK, as a member I am starting to get a clearer picture of why new visitors might leave the room after a few minutes. This room seems extremely clique-heavy and toxic.

The whale’s behavior is not helping, for sure. But personally, the whole “groups of friends” that visit the model together and talk (and argue) amongst themselves could be enough to make me leave.

In a small room, if I sense that everyone is pals and I’m the outsider, even tipping the model can feel like an act of confrontation. I’d rather just go find a room where I blend in better and can relax. Plenty of options. I’m guessing the cliques are part of the problem here. Especially if they’re annoyed half the time because of the whale. Even if those arguments happened over PM, the mood of hostility can still sometimes bleed into the main room.
It is a difficult balance to find sometimes. I have been in rooms that whilst the members and model were not hostile, and they were pleasant enough, the general vibe was not one of inclusivity. (hard to describe).

The room I am a knight in we are all "pals" but we try to be friendly and inviting to any visitor who is not a dick.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the users of a room will sit and PM amongst themselves about another member, where the model has no idea it is occurring?

This does weirds me out too, tbh, especially this whole thing about Member A sending some of his tokens to Member B because he feels sorry for him, and his "Why I can't tip" sob story. And I especially don't appreciate it if I'm doing a raffle, and someone has just given a long-time freeloader some of his tokens to try to enter. I'm sorry, but the idea of a long-time freeloader possibly winning a Skype show/Hulu movie date/custom video/or whatever from me doesn't sit well with me at all. And it puts me in the awkward position of having to tell the other member to please let the other guy pay for his own raffle entries.

If new user tries to chat with model the whale will immediately tip from tip menu so model has to leave keyboard

It sounds like he is trying to control the room. It's not a good thing if he is scaring away new viewers.

Reactions: Jay_Storm
Sounds like multiple problems here? Like yeah. She needs to set boundaries and make sure she's getting income from enough users to make sure this is sustainable. But if you're saying you're jealous and want her attention, one has to ask if you and other viewers are tipping enough to make it worth her time? At the end of the day it is a business...

Reactions: GothHostess
Status
Not open for further replies.