AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Friend's list on Stripchat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2022
Hi. I'm new to camming and I joined Strip Chat. I'm wondering what is the benefit of having friends? I know with followers you can start a Fan club and make extra profit offline if you have 1k followers but what about Friends. Should I charge tokens for Friend Requests? Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Mia

Also just a member, when you add someone as a friend, you are able to send and receive PM’s (even if the person is offline).

Hi. I'm new to camming and I joined Strip Chat. I'm wondering what is the benefit of having friends? I know with followers you can start a Fan club and make extra profit offline if you have 1k followers but what about Friends. Should I charge tokens for Friend Requests? Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Mia

Hi. It's really a personal decision for the model. I'm not really seeing any benefits. 9 times out of 10, the Stripchat members who send me friend requests haven't greeted me in my chat and haven't tipped me at all. I immediately decline their friend requests.

I'm getting people abusing the PM feature, and wanting to make small talk with me via PM when I'm trying to work and focus on my chatroom. I've even had a couple people continue to PM me after I'd already asked them to please talk in the chat. They want one-on-one attention for free (or they might tip the occasional 1 token every once in a while), but they don't wanna spend some money to take me private where I'd gladly give them my full attention one-on-one.

I used to tell people on there that for 10 tokens I'll PM with them briefly, though I don't even know if that's a good idea...because I'm sure some of these people will try to milk that shit for as long as they can. And 10 tokens is a really low amount, imo. The "10 tokens to PM briefly" thing definitely showed me that most of them were not willing to tip that for the PM privilege. Lol. I'm really not sure what my criteria should be on Stripchat for people to be on my friends list. I've added people to that list, and then never heard from them again. So I removed them. Usually when I choose to add someone to my friends list on a cam site, it's because they're a bit more of a generous tipper (Not just tipping me 1 token every 10 minutes) and I genuinely enjoyed the conversations with them.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Hi. It's really a personal decision for the model. I'm not really seeing any benefits.
As a user, neither do I, although models can apparently upload pictures and videos that are for friends only. In my years on SC I think I have sent exactly *one* friend request to a model, and that was only because she jokingly asked me in the public chat to show some fucking initiative 😂 I have probably a hundred plus random friend requests behind my alert button that I will neither accept nor decline.

Given the mechanics of StripChat's PM system, the friend function is in my opinion a bit pointless. That is, a model can PM users at will, regardless of friend status. For users to send (unsolicited) PMs to a model, they have to be on the model's friends list, be an Ultimate member or have a previous PM from the model.

But here's the kicker: once a model and user opens up a PM conversation, regardless of who intiated it, the PM privilege becomes permanent. I have unfriended and un-favourited models and deleted their PM conversations, but it makes no practical difference to either of us. I can still PM the model and the model can of course still PM me, and if that happens the entire PM history pops right back up. The only silencing option on either side is banning.

@MiaVRossi : if you put "Add me as a friend" on your tip menu with a high-ish token amount, nobody can complain. At least I wouldn't. Also be aware thay if you *do* PM a random user and the user have the "Only allow PMs from friends and favourites" enabled, the user will not necessarily know you sent it. It will in that case end up in the user's "Message requests" and can be read and replied to, but the user won't get a message alert for it.

As a user, neither do I, although models can apparently upload pictures and videos that are for friends only. In my years on SC I think I have sent exactly *one* friend request to a model, and that was only because she jokingly asked me in the public chat to show some fucking initiative 😂 I have probably a hundred plus random friend requests behind my alert button that I will neither accept nor decline.

Given the mechanics of StripChat's PM system, the friend function is in my opinion a bit pointless. That is, a model can PM users at will, regardless of friend status. For users to send (unsolicited) PMs to a model, they have to be on the model's friends list, be an Ultimate member or have a previous PM from the model.

But here's the kicker: once a model and user opens up a PM conversation, regardless of who intiated it, the PM privilege becomes permanent. I have unfriended and un-favourited models and deleted their PM conversations, but it makes no practical difference to either of us. I can still PM the model and the model can of course still PM me, and if that happens the entire PM history pops right back up. The only silencing option on either side is banning.

@MiaVRossi : if you put "Add me as a friend" on your tip menu with a high-ish token amount, nobody can complain. At least I wouldn't. Also be aware thay if you *do* PM a random user and the user have the "Only allow PMs from friends and favourites" enabled, the user will not necessarily know you sent it. It will in that case end up in the user's "Message requests" and can be read and replied to, but the user won't get a message alert for it.
Wow!! Thank you so much!!! This really helps. I have sooo many questions.

I am very generous with the friends feature and add (almost) everyone who makes a request.

The reason why is the mass messaging tool. It allows you to send paid content to your friends list via PM.

So, my logic is the more friends I have, the more people I can send paid content to and the more chances I have to make tokens that way.

Reactions: Ozzie_
I am very generous with the friends feature and add (almost) everyone who makes a request.

The reason why is the mass messaging tool. It allows you to send paid content to your friends list via PM.

So, my logic is the more friends I have, the more people I can send paid content to and the more chances I have to make tokens that way.
I see. So many different ways to sell content. Thank you!!

Reactions: CallMeMaria
Hi. It's really a personal decision for the model. I'm not really seeing any benefits. 9 times out of 10, the Stripchat members who send me friend requests haven't greeted me in my chat and haven't tipped me at all. I immediately decline their friend requests.

I'm getting people abusing the PM feature, and wanting to make small talk with me via PM when I'm trying to work and focus on my chatroom. I've even had a couple people continue to PM me after I'd already asked them to please talk in the chat. They want one-on-one attention for free (or they might tip the occasional 1 token every once in a while), but they don't wanna spend some money to take me private where I'd gladly give them my full attention one-on-one.

I used to tell people on there that for 10 tokens I'll PM with them briefly, though I don't even know if that's a good idea...because I'm sure some of these people will try to milk that shit for as long as they can. And 10 tokens is a really low amount, imo. The "10 tokens to PM briefly" thing definitely showed me that most of them were not willing to tip that for the PM privilege. Lol. I'm really not sure what my criteria should be on Stripchat for people to be on my friends list. I've added people to that list, and then never heard from them again. So I removed them. Usually when I choose to add someone to my friends list on a cam site, it's because they're a bit more of a generous tipper (Not just tipping me 1 token every 10 minutes) and I genuinely enjoyed the conversations with them.
Very helpful! I think I'll do the same with the PM requests. It's hard to PM in a chatroom.

Reactions: yummybrownfox

Definitely a flawed PM system, imo, which is why I'm constantly saying that I prefer it the way MFC has it for models. I should have a say in who gets to PM me while I'm working (without having to go to the extreme of having to ban folks)...period.

I don't have pics/vids specially set to "friends only," but I have a 5-second clip from a shower video (Set to where all registered users can see it), as well as a whipped creamy ass pic in the bathtub (in my public photos section). And I'll still get some guy who doesn't wanna tip 50 tokens for an ass clap/flash, telling me to let him see "how that ass looks." 😂 Sure, tip me 50 tokens, or go look the free shit I just mentioned on my profile.....

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Status
Not open for further replies.