AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New cam model questions please! OBS, equipment etc.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2022
Hi. New cam model here. I have a few questions please....

First being, do I really need to stream in OBS?

Second, I'm on SC. and would like to join another cam site soon and would like to use ShineModel to broadcast to both at one time, if so would I need a splitter or some other type of equipment to do so?

Third, do most use large desktop monitors to cam or laptops? I'm trying to figure out best place for cam and computer. I see many dancing with full body views and not sure how they do that. I have only used my laptop in my bed so I can get closeup of certain parts. LOL. Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Fourth, why is it hard to hear the fan when I'm doing Cam to Cam? Their volume is turned all way up but I don't hear them very well. Not sure if anyone else has this issue. Suggestions or feedback are most appreciated!!! Mia V

Second, I'm on SC. and would like to join another cam site soon and would like to use ShineModel to broadcast to both at one time, if so would I need a splitter or some other type of equipment to do so?

Third, do most use large desktop monitors to cam or laptops? I'm trying to figure out best place for cam and computer. I see many dancing with full body views and not sure how they do that. I have only used my laptop in my bed so I can get closeup of certain parts. LOL. Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Fourth, why is it hard to hear the fan when I'm doing Cam to Cam? Their volume is turned all way up but I don't hear them very well. Not sure if anyone else has this issue. Suggestions or feedback are most appreciated!!! Mia V

No, you don't have to use OBS to cam on Stripchat, but the last time I tried camming on there without OBS (with the regular broadcaster), Stripchat was doing some really screwy shit where it kept going back and forth saying that my stream has "No video"...to "Poor." When I said something about it to the guys in my room, they had no clue what I was talking about because they said everything was looking fine on their end. Another Stripchat model on here said that he dealt with the very same thing. Anyway, the moment I stopped using the Stripchat broadcaster and switched back to using OBS again, that problem didn't exist for me anymore. So I'll stick with using OBS. A lot of sites have jumped on the OBS bandwagon anyway, so it's probably something we all need to get used to.

No, you do not need any kind of splitcamming software to use ShineModel. Just visit the ShineModel thread I'd linked you to in that other post, and follow the instructions and download the Shine Browser.

A lot of models use their desktop, but that isn't a requirement. Some models use gaming laptops or even regular laptops (I use a regular laptop).

I'm not sure about the c2c issue.

No, you don't have to use OBS to cam on Stripchat, but the last time I tried camming on there without OBS (with the regular broadcaster), Stripchat was doing some really screwy shit where it kept going back and forth saying that my stream has "No video"...to "Poor." When I said something about it to the guys in my room, they had no clue what I was talking about because they said everything was looking fine on their end. Another Stripchat model on here said that he dealt with the very same thing. Anyway, the moment I stopped using the Stripchat broadcaster and switched back to using OBS again, that problem didn't exist for me anymore. So I'll stick with using OBS. A lot of sites have jumped on the OBS bandwagon anyway, so it's probably something we all need to get used to.

No, you do not need any kind of splitcamming software to use ShineModel. Just visit the ShineModel thread I'd linked you to in that other post, and follow the instructions and download the Shine Browser.

A lot of models use their desktop, but that isn't a requirement. Some models use gaming laptops or even regular laptops (I use a regular laptop).

I'm not sure about the c2c issue.
Thank you! I didn't want to bombard you with more questions on the other thread since I have so many. I don't seem to have a problem with my streaming right now just wondered if it's a huge difference in quality to use OBS.. hmmm. Do you find that you really increase your tips when you cam on two sites at once? It seems like it would be hard to keep up with both rooms while performing.. lol. I'm hearing that I need a separate microphone too but that's seems hard to use if you're performing stuff..

Thank you! I didn't want to bombard you with more questions on the other thread since I have so many. I don't seem to have a problem with my streaming right now just wondered if it's a huge difference in quality to use OBS.. hmmm. Do you find that you really increase your tips when you cam on two sites at once? It seems like it would be hard to keep up with both rooms while performing.. lol. I'm hearing that I need a separate microphone too but that's seems hard to use if you're performing stuff..

Yes. I think it's better to cam on two or more simultaneously, because income can be too unpredictable on these sites...and you never know when you'll have tippers on one or both sites. Or when it'll be dead on one or both sites. And you're limiting yourself by only camming on one site and neglecting the other site (where people may be waiting for you to log on).

If you think it will be too hard to keep up, then just choose one.

Yes. I think it's better to cam on two or more simultaneously, because income can be too unpredictable on these sites...and you never know when you'll have tippers on one or both sites. Or when it'll be dead on one or both sites. And you're limiting yourself by only camming on one site and neglecting the other site (where people may be waiting for you to log on).

Thank you. I want to try it in time once I get a bit more familiar. I just downloaded the OBS software.. I understand exactly what you mean. I don't like it when the tips stop and it slows down.. Trying to fill that time feels weird. You've been a tremendous help! Thank you!!!

Reactions: yummybrownfox

So with OBS I would be viewing me on a different screen than the SC screen so I'd have to have OBS open and also SC open to see chat screen correct? Two different screens up instead of just the SC screen if I thinking correctly.

So with OBS I would be viewing me on a different screen than the SC screen so I'd have to have OBS open and also SC open to see chat screen correct? Two different screens up instead of just the SC screen if I thinking correctly.

Yes, you'll see yourself on a different screen (in the OBS preview window). When you read the ShineModel instructions, it will explain to you how to go onto the Shine Browser to open up your Stripchat model page from there (from the Shine Browser). You're not gonna use the typical Google Chrome or Firefox or Microsoft Edge as your browser. You will use the Shine Browser.

You're going to have to do a lot of reading on this stuff...both the ShineModel thread and the OBS thread, because getting set up with OBS (and getting used to it) is a pain in the ass at first.

Reactions: blayze_noir
Yes, you'll see yourself on a different screen (in the OBS preview window). When you read the ShineModel instructions, it will explain to you how to go onto the Shine Browser to open up your Stripchat model page from there (from the Shine Browser). You're not gonna use the typical Google Chrome or Firefox or Microsoft Edge as your browser. You will use the Shine Browser.

You're going to have to do a lot of reading on this stuff...both the ShineModel thread and the OBS thread, because getting set up with OBS (and getting used to it) is a pain in the ass at first.
oh okay!!! I will learn one thing at a time. I just joined MFC so I'll need to get used to that site first before trying both at once. I feel like I might need a huge monitor to see both panels. HAHA

Hi there. Another question came to mind, can I use Lovense Lush if I'm streaming to two sites?

Hi there. Another question came to mind, can I use Lovense Lush if I'm streaming to two sites?

I have no idea. I've never used one of those tip vibes.

Reactions: MiaVRossi

Hi, soon everything will come 2geather I promise. If u want 2 contact me on ig coraholiday2020 I can help u. I also am just getting my consulting bussiness off the ground you may be interested later but I do things like come into your broadcast with an alias stay for an hour and send you an outline. But I would be happy to help out. Even tho I have cammed on 9 sites Stripchat is my main site and there is an art 2 split camming. Good luck and look forward 2 speaking ! Xoxo cora

Status
Not open for further replies.