AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it even remotely possible for someone to cam on a tethered connection?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2015
Twitter Username
@LilyBlueBBW
Streamate Username
LilyBluBBW
Chaturbate Username
bigpussy690
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/425557/BBWchubbyLisbyIsley/
Hello, beautiful people of ACF.

I hope that everyone out there is having a good morning/evening(depending on where you are). I am back with another dilemma.

Is it even remotely possible to cam on a tethered connection?

Due to a very confusing financial situation at the moment, the only way that I can even access the internet is literally by using the tethered connection from my phone.

PSO at the moment is very slow and whereas SM is also VERY slow, I need to cam. I need to make some money.....because I am about to literally and physically lose my shit.

Forgive me, its just that my current circumstance is making me quite frustrated.

Everyone, have a lovely night.

I have cammed from a tethered connection, As long as you have a good 3g signal at a minimum then I found it to be fine. Best bet is to run a speed test from where you plan on broadcasting from to check you have enough bandwidth to stream.

One thing I would note though is broadcasting for extended periods of time can use a fuck ton of data, so you might want to make sure you either have your data set to cut off at it's limit (you can still end up going over quite a lot because there's delays involved), use a pre-pay so that you arnt going to hit an insane monthly data bill or use an unlimited plan.

This is what I did this for like 3 months on 3g and never really had any issues.

Another thing you might want to watch out for is the temperature of your phone. Most phones have overheat protections where it will shut off high power services until it cools down enough, so if that happens you might get disconnected in the middle of a stream (small chance since it's just data throughput and it's not doing a lot of work but could happen if you are in a hot area).

I too have to livestream this way because Im unable to pay for cable internet any longer & to be honest a lot of people say my livestream quality looks bad :(

Some cell phone providers now sell 4G/5G dedicated hot spots. You can usually get into one for about the cost of those extra features most enable on their phone (like unlimited data and mobile hot spot). They are a device that plug into the wall, give you a WIFI point, and access the internet using the cell phone service (not your phone's data). I know people who stream/game on them daily without any issue. They also take the burden off your phone's battery, as it will inevitably start running hot if you use it as a hot spot for any length of time! Might be something to consider!

Another great suggestion that almost never comes up is recommending that you call every ISP in your area. Sometimes you can come across a deal they aren't advertising. Verizon is having a deal right now on FIOS (400 down/400 up) starting at 29.99 a month (maybe in your area if you live in the USA).

If you stick with your phone, look into a phone cooler. These are small powered devices that strap to your phone and can significantly lower the heat output.

Here is an example:

Cheers,
Cexmental

Yes. I was very lucky in Sweden to have have a provider (called comviq) start offering 24h of unlimited internet for like $5 per day. I don't know if they do this in other countries but I wouldn't be surprised.
Definitely call your phone provider and ask if this is something they do.

@cexmental but isn't there a safety risk factor with camming on public wifi? I wouldn't do it unless I had no other choice, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.