AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Rude replies from support on streamate!

• Thread starter Deleted member 69184
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 69184

Not sure if anyone else experiences this but the Liz email support team has gotten very rude in their emails to me and I find it very disrespectful and unfair.
They take 65% of our earnings and then when you email them about issues they give you a snarky reply and even say stop emailing about the issue.

Between the low traffic, and dismal earnings I’m about done with it for good.
but the snarky replies from support and the Liz team are ridiculous!!!
Its been tough on cam and you think they’d be a bit more compassionate with the people trying to make money but they aren’t.

Also as mentioned in another post I’ve had to report so many users as of late and even stop my private show when I was making money because of rule violations! We all know SM puts it on us to police these guys or loose our accounts!

I don’t know what happened on SM. I use to do decent. But I can’t sit and smile and be positive when I go 20 minutes in a dead room. It is bad for my self esteem. I don’t know what changed? But even if I had a couple good days it’s not worth all the bad days in between. It’s too hard to recover from.
anyway I logged out. I really need the money(only income source) but I’d rather ask for help from a relative then try and get money out of horny pervs at this point. I want to leave before I’m really screwed up in the head mentally…but I feel I really am and I just need a safe place to fall right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
I need to be kind to myself. I can’t keep doing something that causes me so much emotional pain.
I am very sad. Camming was my life for 4 years. I don’t feel good about it.
but hopefully in time I can find peace and healing

Upvote 0
Met Liz on tradeshows, liased with Streamate’s teams to support models, she’s everything but rude. She hasn’t pinged me even once for any drama or special cases. I hope you get your s**t worked out in whatever platform you choose.
Great you had a great interaction. My interactions via email yesterday was telling me if I don’t stop emailing about traffic and member issues I would be banned. After the stuff I see in free chat with full pink showing (and no consequences ) I thought it was rude!

Upvote 0
Great you had a great interaction. My interactions via email yesterday was telling me if I don’t stop emailing about traffic and member issues I would be banned. After the stuff I see in free chat with full pink showing (and no consequences ) I thought it was rude!
I hope you can find a better setting for you then.

Upvote 0
I am sorry you are having a rough go right now, camming can be really tough sometimes. The Liz team really does not control our traffic, it sounds like this is not your first time communicating your unease with the situation. Don't give up, take a day to relax and regroup.

Upvote 0
I am sorry you are having a rough go right now, camming can be really tough sometimes. The Liz team really does not control our traffic, it sounds like this is not your first time communicating your unease with the situation. Don't give up, take a day to relax and regroup.
Thx for your kind response. And your correct I have complained about it before ….my emotions get the best of me at times and I email out of frustration without thinking thru most times. And I have decided once again to take an extended break from camming (even though I have no other income) but I need to just see how I feel day to day to decide if I want to ever return.

Upvote 0
The Liz team or regular support? The Liz team is not the same thing.

Regular support is known for being robotic, or atleast that's what I experienced in the past. The Liz team, for North Americs, is the exact polar opposite.
Second to this! Liz has always been a fast responder when it comes to sites issues and reporting clients!

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
I didn’t say Liz didn’t respond fast. The post was her team told me they don’t deal with member issues…they are marketing….and to email regular support about member issues.

Upvote 0
I didn’t say Liz didn’t respond fast. The post was her team told me they don’t deal with member issues…they are marketing….and to email regular support about member issues.
I can imagine that if i was hired to do marketing support and someone kept emailing relentlessly about member issues it would be frustrating and impede me from doing my job. It is reasonable that we do not ask a marketing support person to do a job that is not theirs, and that they don't have to get messages constantly about it. We have to treat each other professionally.

Ive been reading a lot of your posts this week and i feel for you. This response covers a lot of things you've been posting about so it's a bit more than just this threads subject.

You sound burnt out, understandably. I've been in severe burn out recovery for the last couple years. It's hell. You find yourself irritated by things constantly, you hate your customers, no motivation, it feels like everything is against you.

Your feelings around this industry are valid. Support isnt great sometimes. Members can be absolute assholes. I know you mentioned that you're going to try to transition to non SW related jobs.

I want to reccomend a few resources that helped me.

#1 @SW_ThriveHive hosts an online support group second and 4th wednesday of every month.

#2 pineapple support. Even if you leave the industry within 6 months of leaving they will provide mental health support. I got my therapist through them and had a good experience. They also offer regular free support groups online.

#3 Lola Davina has written 2 books that may be helpful. They cover burn out, exit strategies, self care etc. Cannot reccomend these books enough.

I saw you mentioned that you are now without income as you have stopped camming. I know a few ppl have suggested adjacent shifts into phone sex, sexting etc. These might be a good bridge for you to use while you figure out next steps. There are also places that may be able to help with mutual funds/grants. SWOP and i know there's a fantastic vegas based mutual fund.

Also there are lots of anti sw organizations that claim to help people exit the industry. Id consider reaching out to them and taking some of their $$$ If they are willing. Most are bullshit but i strongly feel that they should be called upon to put their $$$ where their mouth is.

I wish you luck. Feeling the way you do is a horrible place to be in. Just try to take it one step at a time. Take care of yourself. It does get better.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
I can imagine that if i was hired to do marketing support and someone kept emailing relentlessly about member issues it would be frustrating and impede me from doing my job. It is reasonable that we do not ask a marketing support person to do a job that is not theirs, and that they don't have to get messages constantly about it. We have to treat each other professionally.

Ive been reading a lot of your posts this week and i feel for you. This response covers a lot of things you've been posting about so it's a bit more than just this threads subject.

You sound burnt out, understandably. I've been in severe burn out recovery for the last couple years. It's hell. You find yourself irritated by things constantly, you hate your customers, no motivation, it feels like everything is against you.

Your feelings around this industry are valid. Support isnt great sometimes. Members can be absolute assholes. I know you mentioned that you're going to try to transition to non SW related jobs.

I want to reccomend a few resources that helped me.

#1 @SW_ThriveHive hosts an online support group second and 4th wednesday of every month.

#2 pineapple support. Even if you leave the industry within 6 months of leaving they will provide mental health support. I got my therapist through them and had a good experience. They also offer regular free support groups online.

#3 Lola Davina has written 2 books that may be helpful. They cover burn out, exit strategies, self care etc. Cannot reccomend these books enough.

I saw you mentioned that you are now without income as you have stopped camming. I know a few ppl have suggested adjacent shifts into phone sex, sexting etc. These might be a good bridge for you to use while you figure out next steps. There are also places that may be able to help with mutual funds/grants. SWOP and i know there's a fantastic vegas based mutual fund.

Also there are lots of anti sw organizations that claim to help people exit the industry. Id consider reaching out to them and taking some of their $$$ If they are willing. Most are bullshit but i strongly feel that they should be called upon to put their $$$ where their mouth is.

I wish you luck. Feeling the way you do is a horrible place to be in. Just try to take it one step at a time. Take care of yourself. It does get better.
Lots of helpful advice and support. Thank you so much!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.