AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Also sorry to DP, @SeleneInanna a lot of the info in the SM help pages etc is outdated. So if you're seeing stuff that isn't 100% accurate, that is probably why. It used to drive me nutto, and confuse the heck out of me until I realized it's mostly all outdated. I used to refer to it, starting 2014, and as the years went by I noticed it never changed lol.

I'm not criticizing the SM team though, they are good, and have to deal with a lot of constant support questions, so I imagine finding the time for extra stuff is nigh impossible.

Reactions: SeleneInanna
Upvote 0
Hi everyone, first post here. I’ve been camming on Streamate (male model in UK) and doing ok. But the last few nights I’ve been frustrated that the same thing keeps happening - you get 3,4 or 5 members talking to you who might take you private, and then you get a 2 minute show, after which you go back to an empty room. Sometimes you feel like that 2 minute show has lost you a lot of money. Isn’t there a way you can stipulate a minimum show length?

One funny thing happened a few days ago. I was just about to start a dom show with a regular when a new member comes in and tips me gold to put on my ball gag. Sometimes it’s impossible to please everyone at the same time!

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, first post here. I’ve been camming on Streamate (male model in UK) and doing ok. But the last few nights I’ve been frustrated that the same thing keeps happening - you get 3,4 or 5 members talking to you who might take you private, and then you get a 2 minute show, after which you go back to an empty room. Sometimes you feel like that 2 minute show has lost you a lot of money. Isn’t there a way you can stipulate a minimum show length?

One funny thing happened a few days ago. I was just about to start a dom show with a regular when a new member comes in and tips me gold to put on my ball gag. Sometimes it’s impossible to please everyone at the same time!
No it's just the way it is.

Upvote 0

Some people set their private to be a lot higher rate, to discourage people from choosing it and/or peeping. But I make money off of stacked privates, so I don't do it that way anymore.

I have suggested a minimum show length in the SM discord feature feedback section. If you're not in the discord, you can suggest it via the model feedback form, (under contact us, then feedback) on the dashboard. I agree that minimum show length would be a nice feature to have, and be able to adjust to our personal likings, and traffic etc.

Upvote 0

I set my private to .20 cents cheaper than my exclusive to deter. Also no c2c/panties off in private.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Upvote 0
How do block sessions actually work? I just had someone come in and take me for an exclusive block session and he only stay a minute and 51 seconds. I thought we got payed for the whole thing and they could just come back and get the rest of the time but this dude just got almost 2 minute exclusive for a discounted rate. Is there like a certain amount of time they have to stay to have to pay the whole thing? I have had people stay for 12 minutes in a 15 minute block and I got payed for 15 minutes. what gives im so confused? :arghh: These dudes get enough freebees I dont want them getting discounts on short ass shows too like the fuck?

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Upvote 0
How do block sessions actually work? I just had someone come in and take me for an exclusive block session and he only stay a minute and 51 seconds. I thought we got payed for the whole thing and they could just come back and get the rest of the time but this dude just got almost 2 minute exclusive for a discounted rate. Is there like a certain amount of time they have to stay to have to pay the whole thing? I have had people stay for 12 minutes in a 15 minute block and I got payed for 15 minutes. what gives im so confused? :arghh: These dudes get enough freebees I dont want them getting discounts on short ass shows too like the fuck?

3+ mins and payout will be the entire block and every min after block is discounted. Anything under 3 is just the discounted rate :confused:. The absolute cheapest members will take advantage of this.

Upvote 0
3+ mins and payout will be the entire block and every min after block is discounted. Anything under 3 is just the discounted rate :confused:. The absolute cheapest members will take advantage of this.
Thank you. Surprised I havent had it happen more often. Been on there 7 years and this was the first time. Guess I have been lucky. I swear there are way to many ways for cheap asses to get by with bs on there. 🙄

Upvote 0
Thank you. Surprised I havent had it happen more often. Been on there 7 years and this was the first time. Guess I have been lucky. I swear there are way to many ways for cheap asses to get by with bs on there. 🙄

Agree, I don't see why the 30 sec for free in prem/excl to establish connection can't be used for blocks too. Thankfully not a super common thing that happens, but when it does it's very annoying.

Upvote 0
It’s only my first week but as of right now I really hate privates so I set them to the same rate as my exclusive. So far my experience has been that people take me private for much less time and I have only gotten simultaneous paid viewers once.
Yes, it's reeeaally rare for me to get more than one client on a private at a time. I used to set the same rate for both just like you but lately I have set it a little lower, but in private I don't take requests and just do my thing, no penetration. If they want fetish shows, penetration or c2c they have got to go exclusive. To be honest I still only get exclusive shows so nothing changed much.

Upvote 0
I find that privates seem to be good for my income as I often have a couple of people joining for a few minutes. But I’ve decided that I dont greet them (they don‘t tend to talk anyway) as I’m sure this puts off the person who took you private in the first place. I set exclusive at double the price and about a fifth of customers choose it.

Upvote 0
It’s only my first week but as of right now I really hate privates so I set them to the same rate as my exclusive. So far my experience has been that people take me private for much less time and I have only gotten simultaneous paid viewers once.
I know. It is important to keep in mind that new customers are limited to private only, or at least I have noticed a new member to the site can only take someone private and has a modest spending limit. I think SM does this to prevent fraud and misuse but to capture a new guy audience it is something to think about. A lot of new members can be excellent ways to earn money through time as they don’t know all the camming world etiquette yet.

Upvote 0
I know. It is important to keep in mind that new customers are limited to private only, or at least I have noticed a new member to the site can only take someone private and has a modest spending limit. I think SM does this to prevent fraud and misuse but to capture a new guy audience it is something to think about. A lot of new members can be excellent ways to earn money through time as they don’t know all the camming world etiquette yet.
Are you sure that's the case? Granted I've never done one but from my member account, I'm able to select to take a model exclusive as well as private and I can change my spending limit to what I want it to be...

I have also had multiple guys take me exclusive and tell me it's their first time on the site (can't prove it obviously but also not sure what the motivation would be to lie about it once we're 1-to-1 together)

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having an issue with hearts/favorites not updating? I was online for several hours yesterday and my number of favorites has not changed. I know at least one person mentioned favoriting my profile.

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having an issue with hearts/favorites not updating? I was online for several hours yesterday and my number of favorites has not changed. I know at least one person mentioned favoriting my profile.
I think that favourites, like reviews, take a few hours if not a whole day to update sometimes. That or I sometimes don't get any favourites after a shift who knows. I've definitely logged off with less than I started with before but oh well, doesn't have any standing on your earnings

Upvote 0
You have to be a 5-star model in order to be eligible for GOLD shows on Streamate, right?

Upvote 0
You have to be a 5-star model in order to be eligible for GOLD shows on Streamate, right?

Also...do you have to use the encoder in order to be eligible for GOLD shows?

Upvote 0
Thank you! It ended up updating after a whole day. It's a bit weird when we lose likes? I imagine it's usually more men deleting their accounts then actively unfavoriting us.

Upvote 0
I believe they state that you need >4.5 stars for GS, but yeah you need your initial 5 ratings to get out of the default 4 stars.

I'm not sure about the encoder part as a literal requirement. They state that gold shows require "high quality" streaming, and of course they advise the use of SMConnect to achieve that. If you're using OBS or whatever else, you can use it as a virtual cam source for the encoder page.

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
If you're using OBS or whatever else, you can use it as a virtual cam source for the encoder page.
I do this because I found out the hard way that you can't do C2C when using OBS

Upvote 0
Quick question! I tried using Virtual Cam for the same reason, but my audio wasn't as good then when I used OBS directly. In your case did you notice a difference?
I didn't notice a difference. Members can hear me fine, but I wouldn't be able to tell if the quality is exactly the same. Maybe take a look at whether you set a different mic source?

Upvote 0
Quick question! I tried using Virtual Cam for the same reason, but my audio wasn't as good then when I used OBS directly. In your case did you notice a difference?
The web encoder audio isnt as good as obs I found. You can set up a virtual sound card and set obs to monitor audio through that device and then set the virtual device as the input device on SM. (it will be listed as whatever the input was, i think its like vb-audio input or something, in sm it will show as output instead)

There's a post on my site about how to set it up in detail:

Upvote 0
Hi there! Every day, our system scans for eligible accounts and activates the feature automatically. As soon as you meet the requirements, Gold Shows will activate.
These requirements are:
- Stream in high quality video.
- Stream with your audio enabled.
- Average rating of 4.5 stars or higher.
- Spend more time in paid chat.

If you met all these requirements but don't have the Gold Show, DM me here to discuss further. :)

Upvote 0
^Thank you, @THE MOLLIE MARIE !

Hi there! Every day, our system scans for eligible accounts and activates the feature automatically. As soon as you meet the requirements, Gold Shows will activate.
These requirements are:
- Stream in high quality video.
- Stream with your audio enabled.
- Average rating of 4.5 stars or higher.
- Spend more time in paid chat.

If you met all these requirements but don't have the Gold Show, DM me here to discuss further. :)

Thanks, Gabriela. I'll PM you on here.

Upvote 0
I genuinely can't believe the state of streamate this week! I know it's competition week and I've only been on the site for a year but I've never experienced this before. The last 20 minutes has just been me in my room, not even people popping in for a few seconds and leaving. Just nothing! And I'm ranked in the top 300 so it's clearly happening to everyone! Madness, hope this changes and isn't just the way the site is now...

Upvote 1
I genuinely can't believe the state of streamate this week! I know it's competition week and I've only been on the site for a year but I've never experienced this before. The last 20 minutes has just been me in my room, not even people popping in for a few seconds and leaving. Just nothing! And I'm ranked in the top 300 so it's clearly happening to everyone! Madness, hope this changes and isn't just the way the site is now...
when this happens to me it's because the website has a glitch and my room isn't being broadcasted on the front page. are you able to check to see that it's showing you active on the members side? the site has been SUPER glitchy for me lately. i close down my browser and restart everything and it fixes it. hopefully it's just a glitch because i am getting reaaaaaaaal sick of these dead contests

Upvote 0