AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

AFK streaming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Was warned for being AFK for too long.
How long can you sneak off to make a coffee etc etc, with a BRB SOON sign up..
Before it starts causing issues?

Thanks.
think it varies, but have seen 2 mins listed on one & try & make things quick myself when vanishing off cam. Have read if more then 2 mins, stop broadcasting instead of away screens etc.
We are there to broadcast & be on cam after all right LOL We should have everything we need within visible reach it seems LOL

Reactions: InannahQoH
Upvote 0
think it varies, but have seen 2 mins listed on one & try & make things quick myself when vanishing off cam. Have read if more then 2 mins, stop broadcasting instead of away screens etc.
We are there to broadcast & be on cam after all right LOL We should have everything we need within visible reach it seems LOL
Yeah i know, but when you are broadcasting to multi sites.
Then have to goto the toilet, go offscreen to clean up the mess etc etc
It's a pain to shut everything down, then open it back up again xx minutes later.

So been using the BRB screens, and obviously pushing it too far.

I guess, trying to work out where a sweet spot is. to shut down as little as possible.
But not get banned either.

Upvote 0
It's a pain to shut everything down, then open it back up again xx minutes later.

I guess, trying to work out where a sweet spot is. to shut down as little as possible.
Yea I would aim for 2 Mins max & not push it LOL Figured the BRB would save you a little more time from all that, but guess some stick to there 2 Min away rule or go offline & come back, 5-10 Mins seems more reasonable thou
Shine makes going offline on all/some easier or even OBS stop streaming works, but i get you dont want to do that & lose your users in room cause your OFFLINE
My guess is you perhaps have someone reporting you for being AWAY maybe, does seem there are alot with nothing better to do then always report people & cause issues at times.

Upvote 0

Aren't you using the obs rtmp splitter plugin? you would just go offline with stripchat and yes its 2 minutes, im fairly certain I have seen a 24 hour ban for a 3-4 minute AFK. I think its probably the most unreasonable part of stripchat.

Upvote 0
If you look at previous threads on this issue regarding SC, you'll see that they actually forbid the use of "BRB Banners". My friend got a warning about the use of a banner a few weeks ago, I posted asking about the situation but got no response, although I guess there is not much for Charlie or anyone to say, their rules are pretty hard and fast about this. Although I did make some suggestions regarding potential work-arounds that SC could look at implementing if they chose to.

I think it is correct that they suggest no more than 2-3 minutes (which I think is unrealistic). Perhaps an option would be to put the SC stream into spy mode ?

Upvote 0
Im sure it doesnt matter the mode we choose, streaming is streaming regardless public or private & away is away, but should be 5 mins not less, most should be able to get back on screen within that. Otherwise OFFLINE or risk your temp ban.
I get it would be nice to not have to worry about being away, but you are to be streaming live & not keep people waiting or wasting time waiting so to speak. We all are using there sites & agreed to there terms when we signed up LOL which most probably haven't fully read.

Reactions: InannahQoH
Upvote 0
Aren't you using the obs rtmp splitter plugin? you would just go offline with stripchat and yes its 2 minutes, im fairly certain I have seen a 24 hour ban for a 3-4 minute AFK. I think its probably the most unreasonable part of stripchat.
Yes.
Currently sending 3 streams to Shine, Eplay, and Playgirl
So switching it off in OBS would mean switching it off for shine (Stripchat, cb, bonga, cam4)

Upvote 0
If you look at previous threads on this issue regarding SC, you'll see that they actually forbid the use of "BRB Banners". My friend got a warning about the use of a banner a few weeks ago, I posted asking about the situation but got no response, although I guess there is not much for Charlie or anyone to say, their rules are pretty hard and fast about this. Although I did make some suggestions regarding potential work-arounds that SC could look at implementing if they chose to.

I think it is correct that they suggest no more than 2-3 minutes (which I think is unrealistic). Perhaps an option would be to put the SC stream into spy mode ?

Yeah I don't need stripchat, or charlie. It was only a warning.
And I wasn't aware about the no BRB rule.. Been using it for 18 months with no previous issues..
So i guess the other 100+ afk's were short enough for noone to care, but this one ended up a bit longer.

I'll relay back.. any afk is risky, less than 2 mimutes should be ok, longer than 2 minutes swich shine off in obs.

Thanks for the chat

Upvote 0
On SC, why not just enable the "spy mode" option so it seems like you're in a private show, that way people won't leave and will stay, assuming you will be back shortly (with it being implied)?
It's the best solution

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
as much as that sounds the easiest way to go about things to keep your viewers while away, private/spy mode the site will still notice your AWAY/BRB past your 2mins, since they monitor us all at all times to make sure we follow there TOS. Private/Spy, password are not hidden from being monitored. But who knows, maybe they will let that slide in those modes over PUBLIC chat

Upvote 0
Stripchat Rules
  • Be Right Back screens are not allowed
  • You are only allowed to walk out of the room during a broadcast for up to 2 minutes; informing the users about your absence in a public chat is mandatory
  • If your absence will last longer than 2 minutes, we advise going offline beforehand

In saying this, all your comments, feedback and points have been noted and will be discussed with the relevant team ;)

Upvote 0
Stripchat Rules
  • Be Right Back screens are not allowed
  • You are only allowed to walk out of the room during a broadcast for up to 2 minutes; informing the users about your absence in a public chat is mandatory
  • If your absence will last longer than 2 minutes, we advise going offline beforehand

In saying this, all your comments, feedback and points have been noted and will be discussed with the relevant team ;)

if you are going to be 5 or 10 minutes, can you not enable the "spy mode"? This is not allowed? As soon as a model "goes offline", even if they write in chat "I will be back in 5 minutes", everyone leaves and it could have taken them a long time to get what viewers they have.

Upvote 0
if you are going to be 5 or 10 minutes, can you not enable the "spy mode"? This is not allowed? As soon as a model "goes offline", even if they write in chat "I will be back in 5 minutes", everyone leaves and it could have taken them a long time to get what viewers they have.

if they don't allow it in public its highly unlikely they aren't going to put it in writing that they will allow it on a function thats designed for pay to view. They should just increase the allowed afk time.

Upvote 0
This would be misleading to people expecting to be spying on some kind of show, only to be paying to look at an empty room for 5-10 mins.

Hey, I don't judge fetishes but...
Would agree, the rule for AWAY/BRB should simply be 5 mins, that should give most time for a quick bathroom stop, drink refill, clean something etc
Public, Private, Spy More makes sense it applies to ALL methods, STREAMING is streaming regardless the mode on the site.

As for losing chatters if you stop stream to come back shortly later, IF you inform your viewers in chat about stepping away, THE true ones will hang around till you come back. Sure many others will leave & move to the next cam, but that happens even when on cam in general. But i suppose HIGH users in group keeps you higher on the list & many don't want to be low on the list & missed, so kind of get that too.

Upvote 0
Can models initiate a non-spying private "session"?
That would solve it surely.
you can do private with password & if your settings have spy turned off then no spying any modes. But as stated, doesnt matter WHAT mode you broadcast with, your still broadcasting on their sites & all TOS still apply, public or private etc
We all can only hope at some point they up the time to at least 5 mins for those that need to wander off camera .

Upvote 0
Can models initiate a non-spying private "session"?
That would solve it surely.
You have to think about why these rules exist in the first place (most possibly site bandwidth or simply not wanting to have viewers see afk rooms). If brb screens are not allowed, then there is very likely not other alternatives that involve having the camera on, whether or not the viewers are there. SC has given their answer: stop broadcasting, restart when you go back online.

I do think 2 mins is too strict, it should be closer to 5, but I'm glad to hear that the bans aren't permanent in the cases that it goes over 2mins. It's easy for us as the streamer to go over 2 mins especially for bathroom breaks or cleanups, or just simply an energy recharging break in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rytar
Upvote 0
you can do private with password & if your settings have spy turned off then no spying any modes.
Interesting, I did not know that Stripchat had passworded private shows?

We all can only hope at some point they up the time to at least 5 mins for those that need to wander off camera .
If a model is doing a 6-8 hour shift I do not think a toilet break can really be considered "wandering off" camera, it is personal comfort, possibly even a safe health issue. All work places (I know, camming is slightly different from a vanilla workplace) should be able to accommodate realistic toilet breaks.

I do think 2 mins is too strict, it should be closer to 5, but I'm glad to hear that the bans aren't permanent in the cases that it goes over 2mins. It's easy for us as the streamer to go over 2 mins especially for bathroom breaks or cleanups, or just simply an energy recharging break in general.
I agree. As I said above, during a long shift, 2 minutes to:
  • stop camming (type BRB),
  • remove an inserted toy,
  • walk down a set of stairs to the toilet/bathroom,
  • attend to "personal comfort",
  • wash hands etc!,
  • then walk back up the stairs
even in 5 minutes, IMO, it is unrealistic -- I'd love to "see" SC employees do the same in 2 minutes.

I'd prefer to see it changed to 10 minutes, but I fear I am flogging a dead horse here and it will not be changed from 2.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
2 minutes does seem unreasonably short.
Appreciate there is a balance though.
I used to enjoy a really great model on CB who unfortunately would often leave unannounced and keep on broadcasting her couch in an empty room for up to an hour at a time.
She would rely on her moderator to keep adding 'BRB' GIFs to the chat every 5 mins or so in her absence.
No idea how that didn't come to the attention of the site admins, or get reported. Certainly wasn't very customer-focussed :)

Upvote 0
If we go offline, our profile shows the "online soon' screen for at least 5, if not 10 minutes. I feel like it's similar to the pause button that streamate has when combined with us dropping a message into the chat to say we've just popped off for a comfort break.

Perhaps stripchat could look at adding extra functionality to the end show button so instead of it just being "End show" it could be "On a break for XYZ minutes" That times out in the case of us not returning.

Upvote 0
if you are going to be 5 or 10 minutes, can you not enable the "spy mode"? This is not allowed?

Yes, we urge models not to do so, so that users peeking into the Spy mode do not start paying for the sight of an empty chair or bed (in a real private, by agreement with the user, the model can, of course, do it).

So the two-minute rule only works for Free chat.

Upvote 0
Perhaps stripchat could look at adding extra functionality to the end show button so instead of it just being "End show" it could be "On a break for XYZ minutes" That times out in the case of us not returning.

Thank you (and everyone else who posted earlier) for your ideas, the developers will be happy to get so many interesting comments :)

Upvote 0
Yes, we urge models not to do so, so that users peeking into the Spy mode do not start paying for the sight of an empty chair or bed (in a real private, by agreement with the user, the model can, of course, do it).

So the two-minute rule only works for Free chat.

But, there is always a risk of seeing something like this anyway, that's why you spy, and spying you always know there is a risk of seeing something you don't want to, you dislike, or just "boring" etc.
Plus, we get a 15 second free preview before we start to pay, so I don't see how that is a problem. If they stay longer than 15 seconds, that is the user's fault, not the model's.

Edit:
With your last line, it makes it sound like you're saying it IS acceptable to do "brb" for longer than 2 mins if you're in the spy mode - you said "only works for a free chat". So I am confused.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Clarification:

Whilst models are streaming on our platform, they can leave the room for up to 2 mins without breaching any rules (this includes spy mode).
(as per the rules outline I noted above: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/afk-streaming.45885/post-1171833).

The only exception to this rule is during a private show.
If the model is in a private show and wants to leave the room for any duration of time, this can only be done if the user who is paying for that private shows agrees/approves prior.

Upvote 0
But, there is always a risk of seeing something like this anyway, that's why you spy, and spying you always know there is a risk of seeing something you don't want to, you dislike, or just "boring" etc.
Plus, we get a 15 second free preview before we start to pay, so I don't see how that is a problem. If they stay longer than 15 seconds, that is the user's fault, not the model's.

Members get 15 seconds of spying for free in a model's SC private show? 👎

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.