AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

AFK streaming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members get 15 seconds of spying for free in a model's SC private show? Wtf.

Yes BUT there is a "catch" (criteria).
You need the MINIMUM required to spy in order to have the preview.
For example, if you have your spy rate set to 24 tokens per minute, if I want that free 15 second preview, I need AT LEAST 24 tokens on my account. Which is good and makes sense.
It's not a free for all where every member gets to spy for 15 seconds on all models.

Edit:
It used to only be 10 seconds, but I think @Charlie_SC saw/understood my feedback and suggestion here where I mentioned about it always taking 4 or 5 seconds to load and display the image/video, so then you only have 5 seconds spying to see what happens. So this way you really only get 10 seconds of spying (which trust me, isn't much but it does give enough time to make sure you're not going to spend tokens on something that will give you nightmares or empty chairs lol)

Upvote 0
Yes BUT there is a "catch" (criteria).
You need the MINIMUM required to spy in order to have the preview.
For example, if you have your spy rate set to 24 tokens per minute, if I want that free 15 second preview, I need AT LEAST 24 tokens on my account. Which is good and makes sense.
It's not a free for all where every member gets to spy for 15 seconds on all models.

Edit:
It used to only be 10 seconds, but I think @Charlie_SC saw/understood my feedback and suggestion here where I mentioned about it always taking 4 or 5 seconds to load and display the image/video, so then you only have 5 seconds spying to see what happens. So this way you really only get 10 seconds of spying (which trust me, isn't much but it does give enough time to make sure you're not going to spend tokens on something that will give you nightmares or empty chairs lol)
what happens at the end of the 'free' 15 seconds, does it just change over to pay-per-minute, or does it end and then you have to click again to continue watching?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
2 mins is awfully short. I definitely understand the time limit; as said, on Chaturbate some models leave the stream far too long, and content like that can reflect poorly on the site. 5 minutes would be much more comfortable; even 3 is better. If I have to relieve myself during a stream, I literally run and count down from 120 all while worried of going over and getting in trouble.

Maybe a separate "away" mode would work?

Upvote 0
2 mins is awfully short. I definitely understand the time limit; as said, on Chaturbate some models leave the stream far too long, and content like that can reflect poorly on the site. 5 minutes would be much more comfortable; even 3 is better. If I have to relieve myself during a stream, I literally run and count down from 120 all while worried of going over and getting in trouble.

Maybe a separate "away" mode would work?
I agree, 2 minutes is not enough especially if I need to use the restroom. I've been worried when I go to the bathroom or need to refill my water bottle. I always tell them I'll be right back or even put it in chat that I'll brb. Although I do understand you can just go offline for a minute, but that often causes half or all of your viewers to leave the room.

I like the idea for a separate "away mode" as long as there's still a time limit for you to be away for, like 5 minutes.

Reactions: Ozzie_ and NotYou
Upvote 0
Yeah i know, but when you are broadcasting to multi sites.
Then have to goto the toilet, go offscreen to clean up the mess etc etc
It's a pain to shut everything down, then open it back up again xx minutes later.

So been using the BRB screens, and obviously pushing it too far.

I guess, trying to work out where a sweet spot is. to shut down as little as possible.
But not get banned either.
I run three sites at once and I always shut down if I'm away.

It takes literally one or two clicks per site, even if I'm using OBS. What are you running that takes so long?

Upvote 0

It takes literally one or two clicks per site, even if I'm using OBS. What are you running that takes so long?
Exactly, if using OBS. Click stop streaming, voila, if using shine, pull down, go offline on each, voila lol
Once back, do same basically. Don't have to actually shut anything down, or close etc, just stop streaming part.

Upvote 0

Hello's.

Thanks for the reply.

What are you running that takes so long?

Back then it was the shine websites, and 3 additional's.
But.. I said it was a pain, not so much it takes so long.

Main thing that concerns me is
1. User retention / getting the users back / keeping them hanging around / trying to prevent them from flicking to another room.
2. Not losing users from advertizing that says "online xx to xx" and they goto your room to find you offline.
Maybe these arent justified.

So less than 2-3 minutes we take the risk
Longer than 2-3 minutes we shut down all sites except one which allows AFK

Reactions: BikerBabeBonnie
Upvote 0
will agree under 5 does seem tad short, i set a timer & start it anytime i walk off screen, and for most tasks it is always close, things get rushed & sometimes require a couple vanish moments to achieve things LOL
Sometimes i also think it comes down to if someone reports you or if your rooms a busy one you may be caught easier breaking that rule or something.
Like all other things, MANY seem to get away with it & others not so much. Broadcasting in public places for example i thought wasnt allowed on almost all sites, yet you always see people walking malls or driving around or in there car somewhere. Some sites make it easier to report people i notice also. NOT all have REPORT function & require you to EMAIL & show proof instead, so thats probably also why some get away with it also.
Easy to CLICK REPOT then email & screenshot methods.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.