AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are my skype charges totally off?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaphiraCourt

Inactive Cam Model
Jun 10, 2014
Twitter Username
@saphiracourt
Tumblr Username
queensaphira
MFC Username
saphiracourt
Chaturbate Username
saphiracourt
I have two questions about skyping and a regular that might not be paying enough.....

I have a regular who has a foot fetish and enjoys skyping with me quite often (three times a week when i could). He doesn't require a ton of interaction when he's playing with himself (just a good view of my feet) and reassures me that I can work on other things until he's close. This is true, he has only needed me to dirty talk the last five minutes or so, which means I can work on emails and such while I wait.

Actual time spent of him jerking off is usually about twenty minutes or so. As such I've been charging him for a half hour of time for each session. Looking back, though, we have never had a call shorter than 45 minutes and we can easily end up talking for an hour (chatter before and/or after he's enjoyed himself)

so here's the first question... do I demand payment for more time and risk losing one of my very few regulars?

the second question is about rates... I'd been offering him a lower rate (10 tkns a minute) than I have set for my privates on MFC and CB (18 tkns a minute) because he's paying ahead of time and paying for a whole bunch of sessions at once. Am I being way too generous here or is that normal?

• Wat?!
Reactions: BiancaBaker
10 tokens is a lot lower than most girls would do but if you're comfortable with it and don't feel like you're selling yourself short, it's your choice! But if I were you I would definitely price it higher. I personally charge $4/min but I rarely do privates or Skypes so mine are higher.

As for your reg wanting to chat and stuff... I personally give a 10 minute buffer with Skypes (I rarely do Skypes and only with people I know well) where we can small talk or whatever. But more than that, I charge. I know many girls don't give any buffer room and charge for every minute. So it's up to you. Are you comfortable sitting and talking without getting paid? If the answer is no, charge! It's your time and this is your job. You don't owe anyone (especially someone who is getting a show for so cheap) your personal time.

Sometimes people won't want to pay what you require, that is a part of the job. If you decide to charge more and charge for all the time you spend on Skype with him, he may leave. It'll suck but you can find someone else willing to pay your prices and respect your time.

I charge by the minute. You pay for 30 minutes, I end the call at 31 minutes (it always takes me about a minute to get everything situated). No extra given unless I mess things up by like, knocking my cam over or something.

I charge $3/min for shows (my cut is $2.25/min).
You want to just talk? Cool, that'll be $3/min.
You want to look at my feet? Cool, that'll be $3/min.
You want me to dirty talk? Cool, that'll be $3/min.

My time is valuable. And so is yours.
BUT
If you're happy with $15 for 45 minutes to an hour's worth of work, then that's totally fine! You charge what you feel comfortable charging.

I also wonder about charging less per minute as they purchase more time?
an example of pricing (a bit better than what I had been doing)

$10 for 15 minutes
$15 for 30 minutes
$20 for 45 minutes
$25 for an hour

maybe I'm still totally off.... but at least that regular sounded more amenable to price change than I expected..... so I'll probably let him know the $15 for 30 and go from there if he wants more time.

I don't Skype anymore, but when I did, I never even said anything about the time. If his time was up, I smiled and waved and closed the cam portion. I'd type in the message part after closing the cam part thanking them. If they messaged wanting more time, I'd instruct them how and what to pay. Since you're putting it out there and asking, I will say your prices are REALLY low. Skype is 1 on 1 time, no peepers and they can easily take photos/vid from it. It's worth more than you're charging by far. If it were me, I'd double what my average hour on cam was and charge at least that much.

I also wonder about charging less per minute as they purchase more time?
an example of pricing (a bit better than what I had been doing)

$10 for 15 minutes
$15 for 30 minutes
$20 for 45 minutes
$25 for an hour

maybe I'm still totally off.... but at least that regular sounded more amenable to price change than I expected..... so I'll probably let him know the $15 for 30 and go from there if he wants more time.
By charging $15 for 30 minutes is about what you would have been getting for 10 tokens a minute, so you haven't really raised the price at all ):

I would say your prices are at the lower end but of course a lower income is better than no income in regards to skype shows.

What you could try is check with your existing customer if he is OK with a price increase, maybe just ask what he thinks your show is worth it....
with newer customer maybe try get a higher price per minute, maybe try for half private so about 30 tokens and see how it goes.

It depends all on your circumstances and feelings, if a price is OK for you that is what counts......if you have a lot of times where you make no tokens, even 10 tokens per minute is better than 0 tokens per minute....

:)

Actually I have an arrangement with a girl from MFC 1 hour - 100 USD, normally we split it in a couple of sessions, and the time counts from when we start skype until we finish skype, normally I send her afterwards a short mail about the remaining time balance, I hate discussions about money / time, so it is all documented in emails...
works so far..

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: ACFFAN69 and JimsX
It's all relative, innit. Your prices seem lower than the average cam girls', but so long as you're happy with your rates, that's all that should matter. It's probably worth taking in to account the nature of the private as well. $15 for 45 minutes of masturbation with toys and dirty talk and constant moaning sounds a lot less reasonable than $15 to check email and surf the web for 40 minutes with 5 minutes of dirty talk at the end. At the very least though, I'd limit the Skype show to the length paid for.

Reactions: JimsX
Food for thought...based on your potential staggered pricing for more time, after taxes you are roughly making:

$10 for 15 minutes = $7
$15 for 30 minutes = $10.50
$20 for 45 minutes = $14.00
$25 for an hour = $17.50

You might want to discuss his behind the Model's Only curtain, rather than a place your regular might stumble across. #justsaying

As for the topic, yeah, you are undercharging, unless there's really no better way you can think of to increase your income for that time. You could double or triple your rate, and still be offering a helluva bargain. It will be an awkward discussion with your regular, though.

What if he has an ignore fetish? What if he is actually getting off on you doing those other tasks? Maybe not since he wants dirty talk at the end but I would never, ever charge someone less because their fetish seems easier. Sometimes it turns out to not be easier, or in the long run you end up feeling that it isn't worth the money. I have a base rate for skype and custom videos and if they want to look at my tits while I'm silent for ten minutes cool, but the rate is what it is. If they want to stare at my tits while I recite poetry and do cartwheels then the rate goes up. Never down.

It may be an awkward conversation but it's not unheard of for people to raise prices. If it were me I would do it online, not in an email to him, when he is in your room and say hey, get your skype shows in now, on October 1st (insert any date here) I'll be raising my prices to x/minute. Hopefully he will realize this applies to him. If he tries to book another session and goes for the same price then just kindly remind him that you raised your prices. Maybe if he is purchasing so many shows you could even mention that for shows 20 minutes or longer you are happy to offer a discount.

Whatever you decide, if he wants small talk after he cums awesome, but he need to pay for it. Charge him for what you feel comfortable charging but charge him from the second the session begins to when it ends. That's a slippery, slippery slope when you're giving guys a lot more nonsexual time than they are paying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.