AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

TV so good, you watch again and again...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2011
Great White North
so, with the advent of Netflix and DVD's/BR's your favourite tv shows have never been more accessible.
When I started buying DVD's and Blu Ray's I would always go for my fave shows over the latest movie release, why? I could get a full season of entertainment instead of 2 hours.

Which TV shows are so good, you've watched them over and over?

for me, my Top 5 Tv shows, every episode, seen multiple times are (mostly sci fi because that's what I dig)
1. Babylon 5 (my all time fave)
2. Farscape
3. Outrageous Fortune
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
5. Doctor Who

I struggle with adding Firefly or some others because they were short lived.

There are SO many, I'm having a hard time choosing! These are shows that I'll watch over and over in order OR put an episode or two on in the background or when I want something familiar before going to sleep.

1. Firefly
2.Doctor Who
3.Star Wars : The Clone Wars
4.Red Dwarf
5.Psych

Honorable Mention(s): Supernatural, Stargate SG-1/Atlantis

I know I forgotten some

Anime and stuff that makes me laugh. Anything with a bit of suspense. I really like how AHS makes a whole new story every season.
1.Evangelion
2.Peep Show
3.Breaking Bad
4.American Horror Story
5.Death Note

1. Archer (I named my dog Lana, after all)
2. Bob's Burgers
3. American Horror Story
4. The Walking Dead
5. Arrested Development

If it's quality TV, I'll watch it. I down for all genres but as y'all can see, I'm very into comedy & horror stuff.

1. The Prisoner: A single series of a crazy 1960s English show about a spy who wants to retire but they won't let him. I don't know if it's supposed to be funny, but I watch it over and over and it just gets funnier. It's like a Beatles album crashed into the end of a James Bond movie.

2. Babylon 5: If Straczynski didn't invent the concept of an arc, he certainly turned it into something that changed television forever. These days, every decent show is arc-heavy. Back then, it was glorious to introduce someone to an episode of Babylon 5 and watch their face as everything in the "Previously On..." segment might as well be in Chinese.

3. The X-Files: How many shows these days could be reasonably described as "The X-Files meets [something]"? Supernatural, Constantine (yeah, I know, I'm talking about as a TV show), Fringe - they all followed the basic "weird shit of the week" pattern set up by the X-Files. And those original episodes are very re-watchable.

4. The Newsroom: Not the American show with Jeff Daniels, but the 1990s CBC comedy with Ken Finkleman set in Toronto. It was doing this mockumentary format before anyone else, and it's sharp and relevant. No one's ever seen it though, so I'm not going to go on about it.

5. Black Mirror: An English show set just slightly into the future about how we're letting technology control our lives. Sort of like the Twilight Zone for modern, media-aware people. Very interesting and very creepy.

Reactions: Crumb and ACFFAN69
The X-Files: How many shows these days could be reasonably described as "The X-Files meets [something]"? Supernatural, Constantine (yeah, I know, I'm talking about as a TV show), Fringe - they all followed the basic "weird shit of the week" pattern set up by the X-Files. And those original episodes are very re-watchable.
Couldn't agree more :) I'm an X-file fan too and I'm re-watching the whole show atm preparing for the new episodes :)

... snipped..
3. The X-Files: How many shows these days could be reasonably described as "The X-Files meets [something]"? Supernatural, Constantine (yeah, I know, I'm talking about as a TV show), Fringe - they all followed the basic "weird shit of the week" pattern set up by the X-Files. And those original episodes are very re-watchable.

good call on X-Files, great show, but one I still haven't seen every episode of *hangs head in shame* the later seasons kinda lost me

1. Breaking Bad
2. The Office
3. Parks & Rec
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
5. American Horror Story

I watch the office almost everyday, even though I've seen the show about 20 times through.

I'm getting super into Mr. Robot and stoaked that's it been renewed for season 2 already. I'm hardcore crushing on Rami Malek.:kiss:

Reactions: Gen
This is my jam. It is probably too much my jam, haha. We definitely do a whole lot of re-watching shows we love, especially shorter comedy stuff like Futurama, etc. These have really all been watched a gazillion times, so they're not really in any particular order. Futurama has probably gotten more play than anything else.

1. Futurama
2. Archer
3. Parks and Recreation
4. Doctor Who
5. Firefly

Beyond top 5:
Bob's Burgers
Friends
Arrested Development
Iron Chef
Ouran High School Host Club
MLP: FIM
How It's Made
Planet Earth

There are probably a ton more, we really do a lot of short, light-hearted shows in the background of our daily life.

Jesus, I had no idea there were so many until I started thinking about them

• Firefly
  • Psych (to me, the most fun show that's ever been on TV)
  • Monk
  • Friends
  • Scrubs
  • X-Files
  • Law & Order/Law & Order: SVU (cause who hasn't watched those a million times?)
  • Night Stalker (short-lived 2005 series)
  • Magnum PI
  • Family Guy
  • Arrested Development (Seasons 1-3 only)
  • Tales from the Crypt
  • Eureka
  • Star Trek: Enterprise
  • Battlestar Galactica (2004)
  • The Outer Limits (1995)
  • Stargate SG-1/Stargate Atlantis

The Office
Bob's Burgers
Law & Order: SVU
Broad City (I just started watching it a few months ago but I've been watching it so much since, haha)
Justice League Unlimited
Young Justice

I just started Buffy again for the first time since it ended. I have caught re runs here and there but haven't watched the whole series and I'm so excited.

NO episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia gets old to me EVER. I have watched the whole series from front to back at least 5 times in the past 2 years.

I am always watching things over again, especially during the summer when most of the shows I watch are on hiatus.

• Futurama (I'm actually watching it now)
  • Family Guy
  • American Dad
  • Bob's Burgers
  • Criminal Minds
  • NCIS
  • Bones
  • Doctor Who
  • Pokemon Indigo League
  • Inuyasha
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!
As you can tell I really like comedy and crime dramas :haha: I never really actively watch them though, usually I have the Xbox running Netflix while I'm doing other things

Reactions: SaraSativa
1) Freaks and Geeks (this is the 1st tv show I just had to own on DVD)
2) Undeclared (LOL)
3) Mystery Science Theater 3000 (it's too smart for me but I love it anyway)
4) Bob's Burgers (so much love here for this show :) Yay!)
5) Northern Exposure (mostly watch it during the winter months--warms the cockles of my heart)

• Babylon 5 (though sometimes I skip the first season)
  • Tales from the Crypt
  • The XFiles
  • Black Mirror
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Rosanne
  • Game of Thrones
  • The Twilight Zone
I am sure there are more, but off the top of my head I rewatch all of those yearly.

I watch the office almost everyday, even though I've seen the show about 20 times through

I never get tired of The Office! And I haven't seen Buffy in a long while I'll have to revisit the whole show hopefully during winter break. Other shows that have great replay value IMO:

HBO's Rome
Silicon Valley
Breaking Bad
Halt and Catch Fire

I'm rewatching Luther right now. Idris Elba and Ruth Wilson are so much fun to watch on their own, and together they're amazing.

The Office.
Peep Show.
Breaking Bad.
Orange is the New Black.
Chopped.

Reactions: Gen
Cheers
The wonder years
Dukes of hazard
That 70s show
Trailer park boys (seriously surprised no one else said this)

The Walking Dead
CSI
Doctor Who
Twin Peaks
X-Files
The Rockford Files
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
The Big Bang Theory ...I was down with a chest infection last October and ended up getting hooked on daytime reruns. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.