AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Understanding New Model Status

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiming in as a model who JUST burned through her new model tag. It's ten broadcast hours. I noticed immediately that there was a drop in my room traffic on my 3rd day. The tag will last past 10 hours if you hit the 10 hour mark while broadcasting but the next time you log in it will be gone. I emailed support and they confirmed that the tag only lasts for 10 broadcast hours.

There is speculation that they pull the tag early for models who deleted an old account and opened a new one to start over but that's just a theory.

Don't bank on having 7 days. And don't rely too much on the new model tag rocketing you to success. It's going to take hard work, lots of hours on and off cam, and a consistent schedule to get anywhere on MFC. And a healthy dose of luck too.

So bizarre. From the model end, it is definitley ten hours. I just lost my new model tag today (new account). I had two days with 100+ room counts and then today with a room count of 15-20. When I went to creep my homepage I was not in the new model section.
Even logging onto my own premium account (in a different browser) and switching the selection to 7 days or more days and I still didn't show up under new models.
Soooo.
I feel like there is a huge discrepency here with what the website says and what is actually happening.

Im not sure how the hours and days work but here is a new model I added to my friends list ages ago who popped up again yesterday.

bananamoon.jpg
And here is here chart from mycamgirl.
banana.JPG

She still had the new model tag under all the settings even though she was way over the 90 days but she was under 10 hours. My best guess is that if you have it set at 7 days then you get a straight 10 hours of broadcast time to be a new model but if you extend the setting then MFC has some weird formula combining hours and days.

Hey @KatVonnegut and @VallieBeuys: You both cammed for 3 days or less before losing your tag. Were all 3 days consecutive or were they possibly spaced out? I'm just trying to figure out if there's a correlation.
Also, how long before your first broadcast did you create/get your profile approved?

Reactions: TacoBelle
Hey @KatVonnegut and @VallieBeuys: You both cammed for 3 days or less before losing your tag. Were all 3 days consecutive or were they possibly spaced out? I'm just trying to figure out if there's a correlation.

Also, how long before your first broadcast did you create/get your profile approved?

They were consecutive days. Back to back. And I had my new account made a couple months ago before broadcasting for the first time, but this isn't uncommon at all. I had to wait until after I moved and got settled in before committing to MFC, because it really is a big commitment and I wanted to give it my full attention.

I am 99.99% sure the new model tag (by default) only lasts for 10 broadcasting hours. And that you only use up those ten hours when you are actively broadcasting your cam. There are obviously some funky things going on on the members' side, because on my premium account I can change how long new models are displayed, but I had a VERY obvious drop in traffic after I burned through those first 10 hours. Also no matter how long I displayed new models for on my prem account, my tag didn't come back. For all we know MFC picks and chooses who gets more/less time as a new model. OR their 3-90 day new model options for the members are actually based on broadcast HOURS and not really days. I suspect they took an average of how many hours new models tend to broadcast and the "days" are actually based on those hours. OR there is no rhyme or reason to how it works and MFC will never truly divulge because they don't want people trying to work the system? Who knows!

What I do know for sure is that my new model tag is gone and it definitely didn't take 7 days for it to burn out. On my last day with the tag I went over the 10 hour limit, but the tag remained for that whole shift. It was only gone when I logged on the next day (day 3). My tag only actually lasted for two calendar days. So I guess if you were to never log off you could keep the new model tag indefinitely :p

But really, for anyone joining MFC for the first time or making a fresh start after a hiatus, it's a temporary thing and there is so much outside of your control on MFC. Don't rely on new model status. Just don't. Try to use it to your advantage, but it's really not going to make or break you. Plenty of models skyrocket while they have the tag and then plummet as soon as it's gone. Many models have a terrible time those first 10 hours and then push until they climb to a better placement. It can take weeks, months, or even years. If you don't get where you want immediately, well, welcome to the club! MFC is a strange and fickle creature and we're all just trying to make it work.

@AmberCutie @VallieBeuys @I_Am_Iris

I'm the same as Vallie, I cammed for 3 consecutive days and also had my account for about three weeks-ish before I broadcasted for the first time (broadcast? broadcasted?). I cammed about 8 hours the first day but, like Vallie said earlier, I think the tag doesn't dissolve while you're live because I also cammed 8 hours the second day but when day three came along the tag was gone and my room was empty, and even changing my premium settings to select for 90 days didn't bring the tag back.
Someone said that maybe they do 10 hours for girls who aren't really *new* but starting over, and 7 days for true noobs but I don't think thats the case? It might be, there's enough evidence to suggest it but we also don't have any true new ladies to give us their side of the story.
It's all so confusing, it would be nice if they gave us a solid answer so that people would know... instead of making it all convoluted. But alas! I don't regret starting over, my camscore is already higher than it was before and I defintiley got a few new regs with that two day boost in traffic, but new model status is definitley not something to rely on. I don't even know if you can *utilize it* to any significant extent with only 10 hours. I guess it's all just a matter of luck who finds you on those first days and helps establish your ranking and camscore to push you further. Consistency, hardwork, regularirty are about the only things that are gonna get you anywhere~new model status isn't gonna make or break your camming career, it might... but it most likely won't.

There is speculation that they pull the tag early for models who deleted an old account and opened a new one to start over but that's just a theory.

I think you are correct about this. I noticed you were online right now. I couldn't get the new model flag to show up even at 90 days for you. So it appears if you do get a new account started after having one before it's just the 10 hours and that's it.

I think you are correct about this. I noticed you were online right now. I couldn't get the new model flag to show up even at 90 days for you. So it appears if you do get a new account started after having one before it's just the 10 hours and that's it.
Steph isn't new tho.

Reactions: SexySteph
According to some posts in the models only section, I am thinking something is wrong with our previous assumptions/information.

Support keeps replying to girls saying it is still 10 broadcast hours. So *that* time starts on first broadcast. As far as the member-side settings go, the time seems to be counted differently, possibly. This is based off of a couple girls who created new accounts and planned ahead to maximize their new model status, and it isn't quite all piecing together as far as the timing goes. We are no longer as sure that the member-side settings work based off of calendar days from 1st broadcast or what.

So I guess the point of this post is to make sure to be prepared when you create your account and get your booty on cam and rock your first 10 hours/few days as soon as you're settled.
I wonder if MFC's internal controls stuff still uses the 10 broadcast hours as what decides if a model is new or not. That could be what is causing confusion.

Picture if you will.jpg

I have a theory that perhaps both assumptions about how long a "new model" tag lasts could be valid.

I think that it may mean a model can have 10 hours of broadcast time, with a new model banner to indicate status, which will expire once 7 days have elapsed from first broadcast. So, essentially whichever is hit first... 10 broadcast hours or 7 calendar days, could determine model status and how long the yellow banner is visible.

Maybe.

;)

View attachment 57088

I have a theory that perhaps both assumptions about how long a "new model" tag lasts could be valid.

I think that it may mean a model can have 10 hours of broadcast time, with a new model banner to indicate status, which will expire once 7 days have elapsed from first broadcast. So, essentially whichever is hit first... 10 broadcast hours or 7 calendar days, could determine model status and how long the yellow banner is visible.

Maybe.

;)

Ah, kinda like a car warranty. "We'll cover any repairs within the first 10 years or 100,000 miles. Whichever comes first." Could be. Could be.

View attachment 57088

Maybe.

;)
Could be. If that's the case thought it's SO misleading. Like who would go 90 days without camming a full 10 hours??

Cant be because some models are way over 7 calendar days but still have the new model tag. Although it could be 7 seperate days of broadcasting but still under 10 hours will lose your new model tag.

@AmberCutie @VallieBeuys @I_Am_Iris

I'm the same as Vallie, I cammed for 3 consecutive days and also had my account for about three weeks-ish before I broadcasted for the first time (broadcast? broadcasted?). I cammed about 8 hours the first day but, like Vallie said earlier, I think the tag doesn't dissolve while you're live because I also cammed 8 hours the second day but when day three came along the tag was gone and my room was empty, and even changing my premium settings to select for 90 days didn't bring the tag back.

You're online right now. You still have the tag if members set it to 30, 60 or 90 days.

Screenshot - 9_9_2015 , 12_24_47 AM.png

I just experienced this as well! Thanks @KatVonnegut for leading me here. I'm pretty bummed about it. I do not display a *new model* tag at any of the various day settings on MFC. I had two old regs from CB check for me to confirm, because I noticed the drop and decided to investigate--- I set my countdown way too high for the drop that happened! Whoops.

I created my MFC model account in either January or February of 2014. I decided to do CB first due to the (great btw) advice ACF's gave me, and as such I never went live on MFC until this past Friday. I was under the assumption that I would show up as a *new model* even after my 10 hours was up due to them changing the search feature. They need to clarify that is is 90 days AFTER you sign up with the wiggle room of 10 hours if you are like me, and you go live a year and 8 months later. Because it would appear that is what has happened with me.

I'm sure I'll end up being ok but damn it sucks seeing new girls still show up with hours and days under their belt with the *new* tag. My room counts went from 100 to 30. I was expecting that after a week. I guess it came 4 days early. I feel like I just had a premature baby --- 'Wait, what?! I'm not readyyyy!'

Each model gets 10 hours of broadcast time to make an impression sort of a welcoming party. How she uses her time is up to her. If a model still is yellow sign after two weeks means she did not use all her hours yet. A model can also use all her ten hours first day.

Exceptions...if a model goes over ten hours while broadcasting the sign stays on...is similar to when you rent a movie on itunes - you get 24hr to watch it on your computer and after 24 hr it dissapears from it unless...the 24hr passed while you are watching it so if you know your time is expiring you can switch that movie on and keep it on and it will be on.It is a simple courtesy.
Staff does not manually adjust anything it is automatic.
If you already broadcasted 9 hours of new model status and you go online for your last hour it will not vanish while you are broadcasting. You can broadcast for another 5 hr with the sign but it will be your last day with the sign when you log off that is it.

If a member keeps seeing a model as a new model for after three weeks is simply because she never used all her time yet.She may go online for 30 minutes each now and spread her ten hours for a really long time.

There is no need to lament over losing new model status and the traffic gone. Traffic is great for energy but many of the people who watch new models are doing it simply for entertainment and the traffic does not always mean tokens. Even with the top models you can watch them for a while they have like 800 people in the room and only few are tipping. New models get a lot of other models watching them checking out the competition and to learn and to help with advice ( I saw that often ) and also members who have no tokens and are trying to game new models using their lack of experience for fun.If your new model status expires you actually get more of the more serious people in the room who are truly interested in participating in games and giving tokens etc and getting to know the model.
That is on average what I observed so far hope it helps.

oh yes one more thing...members can manually adjust the days during which they see new models....(new models last 7 days, new models last 3 days etc ) so some only see the very fresh models if they adjust it for 3 days so I recommend using the models status fast - in first three days almost guarantees the most members will see you -because if you braadcast first day then next broadcast in a week the members who have it set for 3 days will not see you anymore as new model...

Each model gets 10 hours of broadcast time to make an impression sort of a welcoming party. How she uses her time is up to her. If a model still is yellow sign after two weeks means she did not use all her hours yet. A model can also use all her ten hours first day.

Exceptions...if a model goes over ten hours while broadcasting the sign stays on...is similar to when you rent a movie on itunes - you get 24hr to watch it on your computer and after 24 hr it dissapears from it unless...the 24hr passed while you are watching it so if you know your time is expiring you can switch that movie on and keep it on and it will be on.It is a simple courtesy.
If you already broadcasted 9 hours of new model status and you go online for your last hour it will not vanish while you are broadcasting. You can broadcast for another 5 hr with the sign but it will be your last day with the sign when you log off that is it.

If a member keeps seeing a model as a new model for after three weeks is simply because she never used all her time yet.She may go online for 30 minutes each now and spread her ten hours for a really long time.
Holy poo, I didn't realize you worked at MFC support! Thank you for your insight that only people who work within the company could confirm.

/s

It would seem that girls with accounts created a long time ago won't show up the same as girls who created an account very recently. This girl has been around since September and is currently in the top #150, the chances she merely hasn't completed her first 10 hours is nil. (It takes a lot more than 10 hours at that camscore to get enough tokens to make that sort of rank.)

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 8.15.12 AM.png

I think I said this before, but it seems important to start your 10 hours of new broadcast time while your profile is most recently created and approved. Don't sign up then wait over 3 months to broadcast, or you won't get the added benefit of coming up in the "New Model" sort for members.

Hi Amber! no am not in the support on mfc I am just a future model of mfc (saving for my place now to fully give camming career a try in couple of months or so ) but thank you - you comment made my day lol!
Been studying mfc every evening for three months now bookmarking some of the new models to see how it goes for them and this- combined with posts online about it- is what I figured out .
Mfc is a social network becoming bigger every day and like with any social network there are going to be some glitches once in a while too and then numbers can get temporarily messed up but only temporarily. Just like in twitter or youtube counters.If anyone has a large social network somewhere ... (sometimes comments gone on youtube and reappearing back the next day or counter broken for a week and not updating views then going back and fast update all is normal but people always get worried "where are my views?" etc).
I think this new model status works best when fresh I don't know what happens if a model waits few months and does not take advantage of the status soon after signing or does things in some unusual time frame

I think I said this before, but it seems important to start your 10 hours of new broadcast time while your profile is most recently created and approved. Don't sign up then wait over 3 months to broadcast, or you won't get the added benefit of coming up in the "New Model" sort for members.

Yes totally is very important to keep profile 'fresh' to best take advantage of this status

Hi Amber! no am not in the support on mfc I am just a future model of mfc (saving for my place now to fully give camming career a try in couple of months or so ) but thank you - you comment made my day lol!
Been studying mfc every evening for three months now bookmarking some of the new models to see how it goes for them and this- combined with posts online about it- is what I figured out .

Sweetheart, /s is how you type sarcasm on MFC. Amber was not thanking you for your input, she was being sarcastic. And she's right to do so. ESPECIALLY since you're not even a model there yet. But all we can do (models, members, future models) is simply guess and conjecture about how the New Model tag works. You can't just come in here, stating that something is exactly like this one way unless you are part of MFC support. I wish you the best of luck for when you do start camming, but until then, it might be best to just take in all the advice you can (from this forum/other models/mfc wiki) so that you can hit the ground running.

• Hugs
Reactions: ACFFAN69
Wow...really? I did not realize it was just hate towards me.
but why?
just for the fun of hurting someone? cause it worked okay but why...
there is nothing in my post (or any post) that indicates that am in any way disrespectful... on the contrary i just wrote what i observed and at the end mentioned is my observation and maybe it helps too...

• Hugs
Wow...really? I did not realize it was just hate towards me.
but why?
just for the fun of hurting someone? cause it worked okay but why...
there is nothing in my post (or any post) that indicates that am in any way disrespectful... on the contrary i just wrote what i observed and at the end mentioned is my observation and maybe it helps too...

There's no hate here! We welcome everybody! And no one was trying to hurt you. We were just saying that unless you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, then it's best to say things like, "It seems like..." or "I think..." type of statements.

Everything you said in this post (below) makes it sound like you know these things. But you don't. You're not an administrator on MFC, and they'd be the only people who could tell us 100% sure, that these statements are true. However, you think that these things are true, so feel free to share them, but make sure to say "It seems like each model ..." or similar. It helps dissuade from new models getting false information from ACF when we ensure that conjecture is labelled as such.

There is no need to lament over losing new model status and the traffic gone. Traffic is great for energy but many of the people who watch new models are doing it simply for entertainment and the traffic does not always mean tokens. Even with the top models you can watch them for a while they have like 800 people in the room and only few are tipping. New models get a lot of other models watching them checking out the competition and to learn and to help with advice ( I saw that often ) and also members who have no tokens and are trying to game new models using their lack of experience for fun.If your new model status expires you actually get more of the more serious people in the room who are truly interested in participating in games and giving tokens etc and getting to know the model.
That is on average what I observed so far hope it helps.

Again, no one was trying to make you feel bad. We're glad you're here! And I wish you the best on camming when you do decide to start!

Sarcasm is not hate. I'm sorry the /s went over your head, but it was my silly roundabout way of saying "you don't really know for sure unless you are employed by MFC admin staff, so maybe don't sound so sure of yourself."

All good though, @violetvibe don't sweat it.

• Hugs
Status
Not open for further replies.