AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Twitter Promotion

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LineahRose

Deactivated Account
Inactive Cam Model
Apr 13, 2014
United States
chaturbate.com
Alright, So most of us know that Twitter is a great place to advertise and get more viewers. I was looking to find more users on Twitter who retweet posts and have at least a decent following. I have a pretty nice list of people who I know retweet my stuff but I was hoping to find some that share to a different "population" of twitter users. I'm more of a girl next door, natural, laid back type of model and I look younger and i'm looking to fill that niche. If any of y'all have any suggestions i'd really appreciate it! Thank you.

In my experience, people retweet things they find retweet-worthy from people they interact with to some degree. Also, If every tweet I see from a person is filled with hashtags and mentioning a bunch of people asking for retweets, it comes off spammy & it's unlikely I'll want to have that cluttering up my followers Twitter feed by sharing it with them. Try genuinely interacting with people and you might see an increase in your retweets. :twocents-02cents:

I don't know if you've seen it, but there's this thread in the MO section where you can ask for retweets on more important tweets, though. https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... t=retweets

AllisonWilder said:
Try genuinely interacting with people and you might see an increase in your retweets. :twocents-02cents:
Absolutely THIS! You have to be active and chatty on Twitter to make the most of it. Instead of asking a person for retweets, reply to their tweets with genuine comments, and even retweet their posts.

AmberCutie said:
AllisonWilder said:
Try genuinely interacting with people and you might see an increase in your retweets. :twocents-02cents:
Absolutely THIS! You have to be active and chatty on Twitter to make the most of it. Instead of asking a person for retweets, reply to their tweets with genuine comments, and even retweet their posts.

I do genuinely reply to tweets as well as interact with people. However I do not DM very often. Will that hurt myself in the long run? I've just noticed to many guys on twitter who would just DM me on twitter really often and ask for pictures and what not instead of buying my kik/snap. I don't mind chatting once in awhile but I feel some people took advantage of it. I do fan signs once in awhile and I try to favorite/reply to every mention I get from someone.

I think DMs on Twitter are a waste of time. It's the publicly visible interaction that will grow your Twitter base.

I think what the other ladies are talking about is that almost all of your tweets (the last 20 or so that I skimmed over, anyway) are all about being on cam. Specials for the night, having a slow night, etc. That's perfectly fine. You need to sell yourself. But I think they meant that if you tweet more about just random things that YOU find interesting/funny, your viewers will be able to see your personality. Then they might come to your room. Then they might tip.

Slightly off-topic, but still pertinent: my most favorited and re-tweeted Tweet was a picture of me in a gift shop at Disney World. I had on a Darth Vader helmet with Mickey Mouse ears. The caption said, "You all know I don't really like Star Wars that much, but I know you do!" or something similar.

It's small things like that that make new people want to visit you!

I think if your main goal on Twitter is to get retweets, your focus might be too narrow. I get why retweets might be important to you (more people become aware of your Twitter account) but retweets alone aren't going to make you any money. Your Twitter should be an extension of your camming persona. You're not just advertising your camming schedule, you're essentially advertising yourself. Tweet about things you find funny, entertaining, interesting. Engage with your members and try to find common ground with them. Like Iris said, posts that show off your personality are probably more likely to be retweeted than posts that just show off your tits.

Retweets are something that will just happen naturally as you become more comfortable expressing yourself on Twitter (though sexy pictures surely won't hurt) I think :twocents-02cents:

Hi everyone!

TweetMyCam is a free cam promo service that tweets @ you when you go online to cam. That tweet is also automatically retweeted on your Twitter profile.
Here's our link: http://www.tweetmycam.com

We support several cam sites, including Streamate, Chaturbate, LiveJasmin and MFC, and you have control over frequency of tweets, as well as delays, and you're able to pause the service whenever you like. You can also track your reach and other stats using our TMC Dashboard.

If you have any questions, hit me up here or on Twitter (@tweetmycam).
:-D

How would it automatically post to our Twitter? Would we have to give you our password or log into your app to authorize it?

Some of the wording used in these tweets... quite cringeworthy!

2zueKFn.png

Is twitter really a great place to get business from?

Always struck me as weird this one but perhaps that's because I don't do much with it. I have two twitter accounts - a personal one (I call it a news aggregator - I only follow people I find interesting such as Stephen Fry, Professor Brian Cox, Professor Marcus Du Sautoy, Liverpool FC) and one related to the site (which I don't think i've updated since opening it several years ago).

So maybe I'm underusing it - but I would never have sexual stuff on my personal (so would not follow cam girls, nor a re-tweeting service) account with friends around. Likewise, if I were to follow cam girls, it'd only be the ones I like/interact with... who I found through the MFC site. And have notifications for on MFC. Duplication?

I can see how, when someone starts following, that tweeting out the schedule or show starting would be useful (if they don't use MFC notifications). But driving new business?

Does the act of tweeting on twitter itself bring new people in at all to your shows? Do people really start following random re-tweeting services to find out one of 30 girls is now online and doing a show? Do guys really use genuine accounts and re-tweet out sexual stuff? Or is it all secondary accounts and guys have 'followed' other guys they know from these sites already? I'm hella curious :D

I'm not having a pop, it's a genuine question. It reminds me of a news article which was about companies and social networking - that they were hiring people to do tweets/facebook and other stuff... without researching whether it made a blind bit of difference to their business. Some just sank money as they seemed to think a presence = money maker, and everyone else was doing it so they had to do it too (it must be working OR they'd be behind if they didn't do the same). The reality was a bit different to that though...

So is it bringing new business in at all? Or just a method to allow existing (as in already know your room) guys know you're online and what you're doing. Is it another method to make guys feel closer to the models (communication away from the site) and therefore encourages more activity on the site.

It's something I do find curious :D But I'm fairly naive of twitter...

I don't know, I've used Twitter to publicly flirt with babes for the most part for the past 3 years and have been pretty successful with that.

Proof of success:
CESMTef.jpg

I find those "promoters" very annoying. I don't follow any of them, but I see lots of their stuff (which is usually just tweets with lots of model names in them) because some models I follow will retweet the ones that include themselves. Think about that for a moment. In order to get more people to follow them, they are retweeting something that says to follow them that will be seen only by people who already follow them.

It makes sense to tweet about when you'll be on cam since it's a way of making sure people already interested in you know when to look for you. Also, I agree with the folks who say that just chatting about interesting non-cam stuff on twitter can help people become engaged with your personality. Seems to me that rather than retweeting a lot of things, a better way to expand your audience is to get friendly with some other models. Models tend to tweet about other models they like, so you and the other models will each get positive mentions in a group of people that doesn't necessarily follow them yet.

The kinds of rewtweets that do make sense to me are: 1) things you haven't already tweeted yourself that you think your followers would find interesting, important, or entertaining and 2) things about a camming event that you are involved in that you haven't mentioned yet -- for instance, if you were going to do an event with some other models and one of them already tweeted a graphic about it, that would be a good thing to retweet.

Also, one thing I know I've said before but will say again here: Assuming you are using this twitter account for promotion, I don't think it is a good idea to tweet a lot about having a slow day, not making goals, etc. Most of us who actually go to cam sites and tip realize that the job can be frustrating, but I don't think your promotional account is the right place to vent. Everyone has a bad day, sure, and lots of models may mention that sort of thing occasionally, but if you do it a lot, it does not project the image of someone who'd be fun to go see. It sounds more like it would be depressing and maybe feel like there'd be a lot of pressure to be a hero. So anyway, I'm not Mr. Upbeat all the time myself, so I'm not saying being frustrated makes someone a bad person; I just think you want to sound mostly enthusiastic when you're promoting yourself.

Oh yeah, you should flirt with ConnorJay.

I_Am_Iris said:
How would it automatically post to our Twitter? Would we have to give you our password or log into your app to authorize it?

You'd just log in with Twitter's API. Same as any other Twitter app.

funkmasta said:
I_Am_Iris said:

I was making a tongue-in-cheek question because the thought that models would trust your app with their credentials after seeing the TERRIBLE pickup lines used in your tweets is laughable.

I mean, seriously?
KVSpkZx.png

44yvbEg.png

Here's some free tips on how to make your "service" seem more helpful. Don't use l33t speak; it makes it look like your Twitter is run by a 13-year-old. Don't use such absolutely horrible pickup lines. And link to the model's account WITH THE LINK SHE PROVIDES. If anyone should get royalties off of someone using their BAF code, it should be the model. Because you only have 2000ish followers, it's likely that she'll have more.

I'm not encouraging any model NOT to use this service. I just think it looks extremely unprofessional.

I_Am_Iris said:
funkmasta said:
I_Am_Iris said:

I was making a tongue-in-cheek question because the thought that models would trust your app with their credentials after seeing the TERRIBLE pickup lines used in your tweets is laughable.

I mean, seriously?
KVSpkZx.png

44yvbEg.png

Here's some free tips on how to make your "service" seem more helpful. Don't use l33t speak; it makes it look like your Twitter is run by a 13-year-old. Don't use such absolutely horrible pickup lines. And link to the model's account WITH THE LINK SHE PROVIDES. If anyone should get royalties off of someone using their BAF code, it should be the model. Because you only have 2000ish followers, it's likely that she'll have more.

I'm not encouraging any model NOT to use this service. I just think it looks extremely unprofessional.

Whoa, I don't have any affiliation with that Twitter account; I was just answering your question. By the way, an app can't steal your info if you're logging in with Twitter's API. It looks like a shitty service but they can't steal your account or anything.

Hi ladies,

No, we don't have access to your Twitter login info. I understand that it won't appeal to everyone. We just wanted to write something different to catch some attention. :)
Not all of our tweets are like those shown here since they're written by a few different people. Thank you for the feedback.

Wow, this is truly horrible.

I actually inquired, wondering about their service. I sent an e-mail, a public tweet and a twitter DM to TweetMyCam with no response. I wanted to know if I could use their auto-tweet service to promote using my affiliate link to Bonga Cams. It'd be nice to have it post automatically instead of having to do it myself. There was no information anywhere. After a few days of not hearing back, I signed up and still couldn't find any such place to tell them what to link in the tweets.

During the sign up process, a lot of alarm bells went off. You have to agree to let their application on Twitter to let them "follow other users for you" and then they auto follow themselves, among other things. You pretty much give them permission to do everything with your Twitter except see your login information and DMs. Uh, what?

Then, I saw this post and saw what they're actually doing in their tweets. Ignoring how awful the tweets themselves are with the "jokes", they make their own custom link to your cam room... WITH THEIR AFFILIATE INFORMATION. So, if a user goes to your cam room from their tweet(s), they will get the referral credit, instead of you.

Great business, guys... >.> Guess I'll just continue to make my own tweets.

Then, I saw this post and saw what they're actually doing in their tweets. Ignoring how awful the tweets themselves are with the "jokes", they make their own custom link to your cam room... WITH THEIR AFFILIATE INFORMATION. So, if a user goes to your cam room from their tweet(s), they will get the referral credit, instead of you.

Great business, guys... >.> Guess I'll just continue to make my own tweets.
So many "promoters" do this sort of thing. They aren't really there to help us when it comes down to it, they're there to use us for their own affiliate income and promotion.

And on a side note: they "won" an award at the lame Adult Webcam Awards for being the best new tool. Just shows how lame that awards event was, handing out awards all willy nilly to some big nobodies in the camming world.
Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 10.33.09 AM.png

I've seen alot of retweets from @Chaturbate and @chaturbateblog and I always wonder if those retweets actually drive in more viewers/followers in your room than without the retweets. Seems to me they would reach alot of potential viewers we may not normally have. Anyone have any knowledge on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.