AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

why does a member have a low rating?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what would cause a member / user to get a low rating?
In my case, it came from a model who thinks she's sooooo funny.

My story.... I chatted with this UK model for months and we had a great time and she seemed eager to learn more about my bizarro world and how I could survive in a real world environment. One day, I discovered that I could create a personal profile just like a model would (even though I'm a basic user). So, I made up a nice looking profile and then told her about it, pressing her hard for several days to "rate and admire" me. Eventually, she took me up on my offer and viewed my profile.
And then it happened... she rated me 1 Star and didn't admire me.
I was left with a kickass profile with a one star rating and since nobody else was visiting my page and rating me, I couldn't dig myself out of the hole she'd created for me. The more I begged her to re-visit my profile and change her rating, the more she laughed.
I eventually deleted my profile and told her she's not funny.

Chance are, the member you are referring to has fallen into her web of low ratings. :dead:

Reactions: Ambers Troll
He went trolling the lounge one night and forgot to hide his profile?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Personally I never trust anyone else's assessment on others... observe them yes, but when with them make your own assessment.

Can't count the number of times I have read, don't take a model private as she will use you, and it has been wrong...of course many have been right too. I always think of such statements as flags.

I have a 1 star profile rating! My guess is it came from Lounge trolls or foreign models who MFC spam you and me coming to their room and quickly bouncing.

Both members and models can "rate" other members. So it could be that he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and caused another member to rate him 1 for no reason, other than to be troll-y. It could be a model making a joke of it (like Basic said) or it could be a model who's jealous that he left/tipped another girl (like @CrazyCatLady said).

I rarely rate member profiles. When I do, it's almost always a 5, because they're awesome/hilarious/etc. There have been a handful of times, though, that a seemingly-nice guy turns into a major douche. You know, the kind that makes you super creeped out or is rude to everyone. So I have rated a few of them 1s. Why? Because it makes me feel better. It doesn't do anything to "hurt" the member, and it doesn't notify them that they got rated nor who did the rating. It's like a super passive-aggressive way to make me feel better while feeling like I got the last laugh.

In other words, ignore it. It's probably nothing.

If I visit the profile of a member I think is a good guy, I'll rate him a 5 while I'm already there on his page. If I decide to visit the profile of a member who's a douche, I will most definitely rate him a 1 while I'm there on his page. I never give ratings of 2, 3, or 4 stars. You either get 1 star from me...or 5 stars. :)

I went from having just a few ratings to having over 100 one star ratings over night. Can only assume it was a jealous member who made a bunch of basic accounts to rate me.

I know there's a code to hide ratings on models profiles, but does it work on members? Hmm, can't remember. I do know when I was on MFC I would get members who were bitter with other members who'd take me paid chat for a long time, and recall them claiming to have rated a member one star for ruining their day..."Oh did this ban ruin yours too? Butthurt much?"

Yeah people rate for tons of reasons...most of them silly since it doesn't affect anyone. I've always personally ignored ratings and judged for myself.

On MFC members can set the profile so only models can view it, I've done this so i don't get members posting crap on there. I've only been a member a couple of months but i still haven't had anyone rate me:( I think I'll be actually be excited if anyone does, hell, even a one star rating would mean someone had at least been there.

And should i as a cam girl be rating members?

No, it's really not that serious. Just like when members come to your room announcing that they've rated you 5 stars and 'admired' you. It REALLY doesn't make a difference towards your earnings or cam score. It's just some useless feature that can be an ego-booster for some people ("I got a 5 star rating! They like me! They really like me!") :) Rating a member isn't something you have to do or are expected to do. I think it's typically something you do when you happen to already be visiting someone's profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.