AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do a lot of models avoid Skype?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever had to tell guys that you dont accept American Express?

No I haven't. I've been asked for wish list items, PayPal, and gift cards as payment. Also if they want to pay me with wish list items I don't schedule a show until it gets to me. To many people order it, get their show, then cancel the order

to me mfc already has amazing quality stream so had no idea

I just wanted to say that although MFC is my favourite site too, the quality of the video stream is terrible compared to any other camsite I've seen. If you take a quick peek at anyone on SM or CB you will immediately notice a huge difference.

I just wanted to say that although MFC is my favourite site too, the quality of the video stream is terrible compared to any other camsite I've seen. If you take a quick peek at anyone on SM or CB you will immediately notice a huge difference.
I find the quality of MFC streams (well, the ones where the girls have decent lighting and a good cam) are more than enjoyable enough to keep me on the site vs. going to another. I don't have to have an extreme HD image in front of me to appreciate whatever show is going on, especially if it's mainly hangout/chat time.

I know this opinion differs among viewers, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as people like to make it out to be.

I find the quality of MFC streams (well, the ones where the girls have decent lighting and a good cam) are more than enjoyable enough to keep me on the site vs. going to another. I don't have to have an extreme HD image in front of me to appreciate whatever show is going on, especially if it's mainly hangout/chat time.

I know this opinion differs among viewers, but I don't think it's as big of a deal as people like to make it out to be.

I agree with you. I don't find the quality on MFC so bad thats its unwatchable or drives me away, it's pretty much the only site I go to. It's still totally fine I just meant it's poor when compared to what other sites use.

I think terrible was a bad word to use. It's sort of like watching a movie on a DVD when theres a Bluray available. The DVD is still perfectly fine and the Bluray would obviously be better but once you're into the movie you forget about all of that and just think about the movie your enjoying.

I find the quality of MFC streams (well, the ones where the girls have decent lighting and a good cam) are more than enjoyable enough to keep me on the site vs. going to another.
yes! I am into videomaking and photography and stuff like that and usually can tell good visual am sensitive to that and mfc looks good to me!
it does not look super great when a model does not include good lighting in her room or her camera is not pro or possibly - internet conection too slow but I suppose the same problems would be there in her skype - mfc has very good quality footage!

very good quality footage!
MFC broadcasts at 320 pixels by 240 pixels if I recall correctly. This is less than 1/4 the resolution of a DVD and 1/27 the resolution of Skype/Blu-Ray.

It's still my favorite site by far due to the quality of the models and social aspect, but it's not really not true that QVGA is a "very good quality" stream in 2016.

Edit: According to another thread, MFC's "HD" may actually be 640x480, or just 320x240 with a better codec. Either way, this is much lower than Skype's 1920x1080.

Last edited:
Edit: According to another thread, MFC's "HD" may actually be 640x480, or just 320x240 with a better codec. Either way, this is much lower than Skype's 1920x1080.
I don't think I ever want to broadcast in 1080. That's some scary shit right there. Nobody needs to see every hair, blemish and mark on my body on my live stream, lol. I'll save the true HD for my videos, which I can watch and edit before sharing them with the world.

I don't think I ever want to broadcast in 1080. That's some scary shit right there. Nobody needs to see every hair, blemish and mark on my body on my live stream, lol. I'll save the true HD for my videos, which I can watch and edit before sharing them with the world.

The first time I cammed on SM and people pointed out my silver hairs...thanks HD :facepalm:

Reasons Skype is annoying:

-getting offline in a middle of a show is super hard. even harder to get back on after. When someone asks me to skype them but I have 100 viewers, I am already dreading the thought of getting back on to an empty room and building my viewers again.
-no one wants to pay skype prices or they don't want to pay with tokens.
-I don't understand why people don't just true private with a cam on?
-seeing people face to face is hard sometimes.

reasons why skype is great:
-camscore improves

Not only is scamming easier outside of the safe harbor of MFC itself, but Skype shows also put more responsibility on the camgirl to verify payment of whatever kind she choses, manage time, and possibly juggle other people trying to chat while she's signed into Skype.

For me, my Skype rates aren't even expensive (they're almost the same as MFC's private rates) and guys complain that they're "too high" so eff that. Guys want to pay with something other than tokens and I only accept amazon.com gift cards, which many complain about, probably because some are scammers (as discussed above). I also find that it's just some guys wanting to chat with me one on one (it's why I used to charge for a Skype friend accept) while I'm trying to also run my public show, which is why I ask for a pre-paid show now and try to minimize chatter time that I'm not getting paid for. It's also, as I understand, not a good way to keep your IP safe.

Anyway, there are a lot of reasons it's easier and smarter to just STAY ON SITE.

Countless reasons:

1. I don't like looking at or talking with men verbally. The joy of MFC for me is that people exist in a digital form to me. I love that I don't actually know what most people's voice sounds like or what their dick looks like.

2. Usually desiring a Skype means that the person is trying to get me at a cheaper rate than the MFC private rate. I'm not working for less.

3. Scams, in general.

4. I don't need my Skype's getting mirrored, recorded, edited, used against me, etc. I like that all my video interaction is contained to MFC solely.

yeah it's true.. one on one time is weird sometimes depending the personality of the man

I've had the experience that I set up a price for skype and people start haggling.. the last show I did on skype I earned only $3.00 - I got angry with myself that I got trolled.I've been thinking of not doing skype anymore because of that reason. Unless someone will be willing to pay like 400 tokens for 20minutes -in that example I think the member will be paying $40 while I get $20, and $1.00 per minute it's fair. But most guys and men are cheap and not cool on skype privates :( I did this skype show for 10min for 200 tokens with this nice guy ,was a nice experience :) , but another old man was cheap and demanding- freaking Hitler.. LOL! and will tell that one NO next time.. :)

That's more than fair to them, BloodyAlice. Just remember, it isn't about what's fair to them; it's about what's fair to you & I hope someone offers you what you really deserve which is way more than 1 token a minute.

Oops, I mean $1 a minute. :p

I would charge them more than what MFC charges for private just because it's a better experience for them.

I would charge them more than what MFC charges for private just because it's a better experience for them.
Yeah, that makes sense right! The skype show should be a privilege -so more expensive, but they are looking for cheap pvts...

As a customer I disagree here....
In my view a private or a True private has the benefit that the show is recorded by MFC and available to me in my archive to watch whenever I like again. With True Private I even have the full one on one experience, so no spies or so....

For me the whole point of a Skype show is to get it cheaper as an MFC Private, so a model can catch the guys who consider a full priced private too expensive, if she wishes to do so.....

Personally I would never open my cam for a model, too much risks it gets recorded and I get blackmailed later on...

:)

Yeah, I would agree with that view. As I see it, MFC Private and True Private are a bit like travelling airline economy class, whereas skype is more like a business class experience. So I think it would be fine to expect models to charge as much (or more) than the MFC Private rates for the better quality audio and video of a skype show plus the ability to see (and yes, I'm sure most members record!) both sides of the conversation etc.

I took a quick check through the current Miss MFC top 20 and I can see several models there all charging much higher prices for skype shows (1800tkns /10 mins in one case) as compared to MFC private prices. I guess if the customers want the show badly enough they will pay.

;)

Definitely charge more or at the very least the same as private on mfc. They are getting good completely 1 on 1 time, much better video quality, and taking you away from potentially double/triple earnings in free chat. I actually charge 4.50 Per min for indie skypes and feel I am totally lowballing myself by offering them at the prices I do on mfc (taking into account what guys are paying), as soon as I have the room count and regulars I shall be pricing Skype more accordingly. If they're trying to barter you down to low low prices just ignore and move on chatting with other guys as those ones are NEVER going to contribute a decent amount to to you x

I work though MFC. That's my medium. If someone wants to work with me outside of my place of employment, they are going to be paying a premium rate - end of story.

As a customer I disagree here....
In my view a private or a True private has the benefit that the show is recorded by MFC and available to me in my archive to watch whenever I like again. With True Private I even have the full one on one experience, so no spies or so....

For me the whole point of a Skype show is to get it cheaper as an MFC Private, so a model can catch the guys who consider a full priced private too expensive, if she wishes to do so.....

Personally I would never open my cam for a model, too much risks it gets recorded and I get blackmailed later on...

I price stuff by how much I hate doing it, like opening my cam to some guy I don't know away from the protection of MFC. Anything said or done away from MFC is not protected by MFC. My price for a Skype is 200,000 tokens because that's how much I hate it. You never know who will be on the other end. I mean this with the utmost respect, you guys are so cute how you worry about models blackmailing YOU (or maybe it's because I'm naive and would never do that to someone). Makes me wonder if you're some famous guy with a radio talk show, Bobby B. :dead: I don't think he would use that name on here though lol :giggle: I agree with most everything you said but I do think Skype is a better experience for the member because the money isn't adding up by the minute which makes it easier to enjoy the show.

I price stuff by how much I hate doing it, like opening my cam to some guy I don't know away from the protection of MFC. Anything said or done away from MFC is not protected by MFC. My price for a Skype is 200,000 tokens because that's how much I hate it. You never know who will be on the other end. I mean this with the utmost respect, you guys are so cute how you worry about models blackmailing YOU (or maybe it's because I'm naive and would never do that to someone). Makes me wonder if you're some famous guy with a radio talk show, Bobby B. :dead: I don't think he would use that name on here though lol :giggle: I agree with most everything you said but I do think Skype is a better experience for the member because the money isn't adding up by the minute which makes it easier to enjoy the show.

We are kind on the same page, we value the protection of MFC quite high....only difference is I want a discount to take a higher risk ( paying in advance for a possibly crappy show ) with Skype and you want a higher price to take a higher risk....

• Funny!
Reactions: AutumnDayKink
Every time i did skype shows I got guys who tried to scam me for more time. Saying things like ..."oh bb i didnt cum yet wait 10 more minutes ! Oh no i got a bad internet connection let's do it again...blah blah". So I ended up not doing skype shows for any number for tokens.

We are kind on the same page, we value the protection of MFC quite high....only difference is I want a discount to take a higher risk ( paying in advance for a possibly crappy show ) with Skype and you want a higher price to take a higher risk....
Your logic here is entirely skewed toward yourself. YOU'RE asking for the risk not the model. She is not responsible for making you comfortable in a venture that you are requesting when there are already safer options in place for you. That is nonsense right there guy.

I do, however, agree with your previous statement somewhat in the member's safety being questionable too in turning on their cam. Probably not something that would happen in most cases, but Skype is extremely easy to take video and photos from. No one should do anything on Skype that they don't want being seen.

Your logic here is entirely skewed toward yourself. YOU'RE asking for the risk not the model. She is not responsible for making you comfortable in a venture that you are requesting when there are already safer options in place for you. That is nonsense right there guy.

I do, however, agree with your previous statement somewhat in the member's safety being questionable too in turning on their cam. Probably not something that would happen in most cases, but Skype is extremely easy to take video and photos from. No one should do anything on Skype that they don't want being seen.

In real I have a deal with a model I know for about 5 years now about Skype, I get a decent discount from her and she gets a kind of guaranteed monthly payment from me directly send to her, works for both of us......

Status
Not open for further replies.