AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips for premium MFC members (how to be great!)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is that deep. I'm not a douche, I don't care to know cam models on a personal level, I don't make demands, I treat them with the same respect as any other stranger--- I don't really know if I need to care beyond common courtesy. Sure there's a bit of specification because of the environment and the dynamic at play but I'm not interested in any universal best practices beyond my own discernment of how to navigate the MFC ecosystem and the myriad of model personalities I come across.
As I said man, you do you. :)

Reactions: Gen
Because no, unfortunately our work around anon tip verify doesn't work anymore

That's why anonymous tips are anonymous. You are not supposed to find out who anonymous is or the reason for being anonymous is superfluous.

I love big words

Here's a tip. Don't do a 40 minute yellow wall! That gets real old around the ten minute mark. Thank you.

I've come to conclude tokens walls creates that illusion of the model receiving more tips then she's actually accumulating.

What's the difference between a 100x1 token wall and a single tip of 100 tokens?
There's obviously no monetary difference. You get to hear the token chime a helluva more in succession, and you're the focus of attention when rapid firing 1 token tips for the next 5 minutes.

Reactions: Lorelei
Here's a tip. Don't do a 40 minute yellow wall! That gets real old around the ten minute mark. Thank you.
I do agree a 40 minute yellow wall has it's own issues but yellow walls tend to get tokens flowing from more than one source, imho. It is better than no tips. There is something about the effect of one tipper, it tends to get others tipping. I think models realize that not to scoff at small token tips, 1, 5, 10 and so on, they tend to get others tipping.

Agree or disagree it is what makes this thread sooooo long, lol.

I do agree a 40 minute yellow wall has it's own issues but yellow walls tend to get tokens flowing from more than one source, imho. It is better than no tips. There is something about the effect of one tipper, it tends to get others tipping. I think models realize that not to scoff at small token tips, 1, 5, 10 and so on, they tend to get others tipping.

Agree or disagree it is what makes this thread sooooo long, lol.

In this case, any additional tipping was coincidental and the room count was gradually dropping as it went on.

But I has so many 1's to give!!!

When I am viewing as a member, I purposefully wait/avoid tipping while a yellow wall is going on. While joeBlow69 is getting his attention-whoring on with his 100 1 token tips, I will wait until he's done to drop my much larger tip. I don't want the glory of my tip getting lost in the sea of yellow, possibly being missed.

So considering, as a model, that other members may feel the same, I don't encourage walls in my room
This makes being a member feel like a job!
Keep in mind that this thread is for members who actually care beyond the basic "I'm here, I tip, I watch, I enjoy". It exists for those who spend greater time and effort in a cam girl's room than the average joe. Many people who spend a lot of time being part of the community aspect of MFC do seem to care how they are affecting their favorite model. This thread includes some feedback on the best ways to make it a win/win for both the member AND the model during hang out time.

Keep in mind that this thread is for members who actually care beyond the basic "I'm here, I tip, I watch, I enjoy". It exists for those who spend greater time and effort in a cam girl's room than the average joe. Many people who spend a lot of time being part of the community aspect of MFC do seem to care how they are affecting their favorite model. This thread includes some feedback on the best ways to make it a win/win for both the member AND the model during hang out time.

See that seems like too much work!

When I am viewing as a member, I purposefully wait/avoid tipping while a yellow wall is going on. While joeBlow69 is getting his attention-whoring on with his 100 1 token tips, I will wait until he's done to drop my much larger tip. I don't want the glory of my tip getting lost in the sea of yellow, possibly being missed.

So considering, as a model, that other members may feel the same, I don't encourage walls in my room

In this particular case, the tip amounts were hidden and the member in question is known to be a very generous tipper. So, it made it difficult to complain about. The wall could have been made up of anything. And the model wasn't complaining at all. I did get her to turn down the tip jingle a while into it. That helped. Mostly, I just remember thinking, "Man, I have to go to bed soon, I wish I didn't have to sit through this the whole time."

I would think 40 minute is an extreme. At what point does a yellow wall become tedious? 5 minutes? 1 minute? 10 seconds?

Would it matter if the wall contained tip notes that matched the theme of the room, or if no one had said anything in the chat for a while?

Imho, alot of this discussion bounces around three factors contributing to a room.
  1. Tokens/Financial = there is a business aspect
  2. Vibe Social aspect of the chat, this includes the model, the member and the other members.
  3. Model Connection with members.
The mix of this is not formulary, there are variables such as the finanical goals of the model, available tokens of the members. The ability of the model and members to create the right vibe and for the model to connect with the members and vice versa. There are some models that think i am great, some that think i am a waiste of time. I find what works for me, it is ok that not everyone likes me, but I have no idea why :). The good members get all three aspects.

Is that correct?

Imho, a lot of this discussion bounces around three factors contributing to a room.
  1. Tokens/Financial = there is a business aspect
  2. Vibe Social aspect of the chat, this includes the model, the member and the other members.
  3. Model Connection with members.

Sounds about right to me but some want to create more of a best practices for the various ways that members interact with models.

You analysis is more topical and universal but I suppose doesn't touch on the myriad of likes/dislikes of models and members.

I've come to conclude tokens walls creates that illusion of the model receiving more tips then she's actually accumulating.

I agree. I feel like some people expect the model to jump up and down screaming "OH MY GOD, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!" over a yellow wall of 100 1-token tips. Haha.

I almost always do walls of tips because I just have nothing to say (I do ruin conversations in more active rooms). It is a weird dynamic because tons of guys can talk all evening about awesome things and be themselves and it is awesome (and tip too), and I try to talk but it never really is good so I just do the rapid tipping thing a lot because I want to say "Hey, you are Awesome" because a lot of times I never have the words. especially if I am not a "regular." For as long as I can remember I've always said the weirdest shit in public--I don't know what my problem is--in real life i do the same thing and I say crazy stupid stuff all the time. So I create this big wall of me saying someone is Cool just to express myself. I feel weird after it. But I don't know if I should feel negative about it.

Last edited:
yellow walls tend to get tokens flowing from more than one source, imho.

That's a hit or miss... and from what i notice, particularly the smaller rooms, it's more often a miss than a hit. Usually i see people wait out the end of the token wall, with no one else participating. Occasionally there are a few small exceptions. I would also say the dynamics of the room play into how a token wall encourages others to get involved, but usually it's just one person. If there's a good dialogue going in the room and someone decides to wall off the convo with tips, that's just flat out disruptive and rude.

If encouraging others involved in tipping is what you aim for, i find it better to sporadically tip here and there instead of the rapid fire method.

If encouraging others involved in tipping is what you aim for, i find it better to sporadically tip here and there instead of the rapid fire method.
yeah that.gif

That's a hit or miss... and from what i notice, particularly the smaller rooms, it's more often a miss than a hit. Usually i see people wait out the end of the token wall, with no one else participating. Occasionally there are a few small exceptions. I would also say the dynamics of the room play into how a token wall encourages others to get involved, but usually it's just one person. If there's a good dialogue going in the room and someone decides to wall off the convo with tips, that's just flat out disruptive and rude.

Tips definitely encourage tips, that much is known... I would agree with the last part for sure, that 'if encouraging others involved in tipping is what you aim for, i find it better to sporadically tip here and there instead of the rapid fire method'.

You often see this in the rooms with regulars who take on the models name in some way... i.e. the AC's in Ambercutie's room, the Ady's in AdySweets room and so on. Other members never feel too concerned by a regular, as a non_regular you can be interesting, fresh, and regulars wont steal your tip attention (even though they can in reality at any time).
The security of a good group of regulars definitely keeps a model sane and in a good mood. From someone who never is or will be, my thanks to those who are anyones regular.... thanks for letting me share the love from time to time.

• Helpful!
Reactions: n_i_c_u
Yellow walls are interesting! I generally use the 1 token tip mini wall to clear screens if someone posts something that you know the model does not like [explicit sex emotes] or maybe when I say something stupid and want to quickly bury it ;)

Sound activated shows may also be another reason I may use them.

I do find that very long tip walls generally take away from the flow of the room. If someone else is randomly yellow walling, I wait until it's over before I tip. I am not sure if this person yellow walling wants others to join or if this is something he wants all the glory for himself. So instead of possibly stealing some of this thunder, I just sit tight until it's over.

I have seen some rooms that yellow wall whenever the model goes off screen (bathroom break or whatever) which I think is actually pretty cool. The model is off cam and the room flow has already been put on pause, so the yellow wall can help with any awkward silence while the model is away. When the model comes back, she gets a nice little surprise. Of course, there are many rooms where the regulars just like hanging out with each other as much as they do with the model, so there probably is no awkward silence with those rooms.

I have also seen yellow walls of 100 tokens per tip. I am thinking that a model would not mind a very long wall of 100's.

As a side note, I do notice (and chuckle on the inside) when someone yellow walls the equivalent of say 100 tokens and gets so much more praise than the guy who just single tipped 100 tokens. Sometimes it's all about smoke and mirrors on both ends of the cam ;)

The token sound is like Pavlov's 'bell' so some models are conditioned to respond to that sound (for real excitement, for faux excitement, as a form of customer service and good will to make tipping worthwhile to members); a wall of 1 token tips that amounts to 100 tokens might give some models a much higher sensory experience than a single 100 token tip. It also depends on the room and the models tip menu. In some rooms a 100 token tip has a lot of visual value for the members and kinesthetic value for the model. It is all conditional.

As a side note, I do notice (and chuckle on the inside) when someone yellow walls the equivalent of say 100 tokens and gets so much more praise than the guy who just single tipped 100 tokens. Sometimes it's all about smoke and mirrors on both ends of the cam ;)

The poorman tipper can get more reaction out of his small donations. I have either just straight tipped, or tried to get my tips to multiply. Getting others to agree to a yellow wall is one method, just little things. Sometimes they work.

The poorman tipper can get more reaction out of his small donations. I have either just straight tipped, or tried to get my tips to multiply. Getting others to agree to a yellow wall is one method, just little things. Sometimes they work.
If the intention is to get noticed/attention, yes it works but sometimes negatively. If the intention is to make the model happy AND possibly get some content/reward, keep in mind many girls will only send videos for single tips of a certain amount.

In my room, 100 1 token tipper gets thank yous randomly (not for every one) through the tip wall, but single 100 token tip giver gets a video AND a large thank you with a smile.

There have been other threads I think about yellow walls.

Personally I dont think its a requirement for or a strike against being a great premium. (what this thread is supposed to be about)

I think its a lot of personal preference. If it bothers a model that much she should set the minimum tip higher.

My last tip was 166 ...perhaps may get that smile next time :p
The look was a cute enough reward though :)

Anyway, adding to the topic, I'd like to mention tipping during group shows, especially if it becomes exclusive. This is a good habit to adopt if you want a happy model. The more exclusive it gets the more a model should be rewarded for her company.

Reactions: MrSwoob
she should set the minimum tip higher.
I disagreed because I think a model should pretty much never set a minimum, lol. For very specific games or purposes maybe, but never just because she doesn't want someone tipping 1 token.

There have been other threads I think about yellow walls.

Personally I dont think its a requirement for or a strike against being a great premium.
I think the ultimate point would be that if you want to be an "awesome premium" (beyond the average joe user) you may want to either ask your model if she is ok with them, or just pay attention if she subtly asks you to stop or slow down on a yellow wall. Of course it is of varying preference among everyone.

My last tip was 166 ...perhaps may get that smile next time
Considering I have you on ignore, it's likely that I did not even see the tip, unless you're being creepy schemey and have a new account just for the purpose of avoiding my ignore/ban.

Whether yellow walls are good or bad is a bit beside the point. I've seen and been a part of fun ones, so I'm not 100% against them. It just depends on the situation. As it relates to this thread, a member who cares to be great needs to keep in mind what affect their actions might have on the rest of the people in the room. Sure, you could say that, hey, you're tipping. What's anybody got to complain about? Yellow walls = fun! Ok, yeah but not so much if it's a room that works around conversation. Not for people who are there to talk or possibly new people getting a hang of the place who aren't in on it. It could be alienating. It might only be a one time thing but members seem to be a fickle lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.