AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

God

Mar 26, 2013
This thread is for the MMO that has its ten-year anniversary in March, 2016; it is based on the pencil and paper game and there are updates about every two months with new content and changes to the game; the game is free to download independently or from Steam for free; i will be happy to answer questions and help in-game if requested. there are eight servers to choose from when you first install and run the client; with the free account, you are allowed to make two characters on each server if you desire; independent download link: http://www.ddo.com/en

there are currently two winter festivals going on until February 7, 2016; one of the festivals requires having access to the second world in the game and that world must be unlocked through questing or using a character from that world (not available for free); the other festival is open to everyone, let me know if you have difficulty finding the festival;

Reactions: zippypinhead
Man, I don't think I've even played DDO in almost ten years. My brother was really into it at launch, and got me into it briefly, but it was right around the time dodgy internet and and old computer got me out of the mmos for good. I still get announcement e-mails from DDO, though. I wonder if I even still have a character.

Reactions: God
I'll have to check this out! I very recently got into regular 'ol pen and paper style D&D, and it's pretty badass. It is somewhat difficult gathering up everyone to get games going though. I'm very curious as to how the online version compares.

Reactions: God
D&D is the basis of so many good games. For example, any Bethesda game....fallout or elder scrolls are all based on D&D methodology. I have never been a big fan, but for game developers it must be gaming 101.

D&D is well into it's 5th edition for those curious and away from it.

big news about the anniversary event... sometime near the end of February there will be a big anniversary party and i will paste the entire text of the Producer's Letter:

Greetings! I'm Severlin, Executive Producer for Dungeons & Dragons Online, and I'm writing today to update you on our plans for the coming months.

One of the first things I wanted to mention was that I want to do these letters more frequently. You've been getting yearly Producer's Letters, but I like to speak more often to the community, so instead of a year-long list, I'd like to give us room to respond to your wants through the year. That means this letter will focus on the quarter ahead, and I will be back this Spring with an update.

Looking back on 2015, we gave ourselves an ambitious schedule, and delivered a huge amount of raiding, questing, class work, and more. Here are just some of the things we accomplished:

- 4 Raids
- 3 Monster Manuals
- 11 new quests, including the Temple of Elemental Evil classic dungeon
- Rogue, Ranger class updates
- New class: Warlock (along with its associated enhancements, spells, etc.)
- New seasonal event: The Night Revels
- A greatly improved random loot system
- Legendary Greensteel
- A level cap of 30, along with Legendary and Epic Destiny Feats

We also made some quality of life improvements like being able to craft from your shared bank, consume tomes at any level, and shop in an improved DDO Store.

The main focus of this quarter will be one of DDO's biggest milestones - our 10th Anniversary! We'll be throwing a big party towards the end of February, with gifts, prizes, events, and surprises. We will debut a free multi-character-level dungeon (similar to the way our Night Revels dungeons work) that will be a tongue-in-cheek story featuring some of DDO's most popular and enduring characters and NPCs. It'll also give you the opportunity to defeat some "devs" in battle. Yes, I plan to try to kill you in-game.

Update 30 will also debut the long-anticipated Gnome race, along with the Deep Gnome Iconic! We will debut an updated Cannith Crafting system that ties in nicely with the new randomly-generated loot system that released in Update 29. We're also bringing out the bug zapper in the coming weeks to get rid of some of the things we've been hearing from you about. We'll be previewing much of Update 30 in the coming weeks on Lamannia. As always, we look forward to your feedback.

Hmmm, I never jumped on this game when it came out but I might finally give it a try. Hopefully, it will hold some of the nostalgia of playing the real pen and paper game as a kid. I'm pleasantly surprised to hear it's still around after all these years.

more news about the anniversary event... there will be many prizes and an anniversary-quest. the rewards from the anniversary-quest can be used to get other prizes during the anniversary event, which lasts from the end of February through the end of March. i am currently beta-testing the anniversary event (and a few permanent things) on the beta-testing server, and the next update to the game will happen before the end of February.

i got to run the anniversary quest on the beta testing server this week and the anniversary event other than the quest is really nice, too. if you know anything about the other quests in the game it's also pretty funny because the end bosses of some quests are the ones you don't have to fight. the DDO game dev's are the enemies in the anniversary quest.

starting at 10 AM Eastern USA time the servers will all be down for maintentance which enables the 10-year anniversary event. here are some details about the anniversary event:

Dungeons & Dragons Online will be celebrating its 10th Anniversary starting on Thursday with a series of events, bonuses, and public broadcasts! Starting late morning Eastern on Thursday and running through Sunday, February 28th, players will get:
  • +30% Guild Renown
  • +5% XP bonus per Party Member
  • Double Mysterious Remnants
  • +1 Loot

In addition, starting on February 25th late morning Eastern and running through Thursday, March 3rd, players will get the following bonuses:
  • Champion Hunter Week – All items are available in the Champion Vendor in the Hall of Heroes
  • Risia Ice Games – Ice ramp fun in The Harbor of Stormreach in Eberron
  • Eveningstar Midwinter Festival – Ice skating fun in the village of Eveningstar, located in the Forgotten Realms
  • Festivult – a winter holiday-themed event where players collect coins and turn them in for various cookies from the Jester of Festivult
  • Euphonia’s Challenge: Treasure of Crystal Cove – a pirate-themed event where players battle pirates on an island, then team up with kobold miners to gather crystals in a special challenge dungeon
  • +20% Challenge Rewards
  • +10% Heroic and Epic XP

there is downtime scheduled Monday, February 29, 2016 estimated to be around 4 hours for the next update to the game, Update 30. there are no new quests in the update, but there is a new playable race: gnome.

the ten-year anniversary party celebration is on the live servers now. every character you have can get a powerful loot item for free from the Djinni outside the anniversary quest. if you had 2 characters on every server that would be 16 free powerful loot items you could claim from a big list. as always, let me know if you need help.

looks like i didn't mention about the other anniversary gift everyone get: one free character slot. this character slot shows up automatically and you can read at the bottom of the character window how many character slots you have. they also added 2 more gifts that you can redeem. one of the 2 new gifts is 100,000 experience you can claim. this is enough experience to go from level 1 to level 4 with a mouse click. remember, all the gifts must be claimed in March before the anniversary even is finished. as always, if you need help, let me know.

there is about a week and a half left in the anniversary celebration now and i still have to get my anniversary gifts on a couple more servers and make some more characters to use all my available character slots before the event is over. if you go inside the anniversary quest you can also see some of the immortals that that i have defeated in quests sitting around tables celebrating.

This is the latest quarterly Producer's Letter:

Greetings!

As we kick off summer, many things are going on behind the scenes in Dungeons and Dragons Online, and I wanted to talk about some of the fun things coming up for the game.

We have been doing a lot to combat lag in the game, and though we have improved the experience we have work to do. We are still looking into long lag spikes which we need to solve, and we are also working on some fixes for stacking effects that could be causing individual characters and the party they are traveling with to lag. Our investigations into server performance continue and this is our number one priority.

The next thing I wanted to talk about is some upcoming content; we are currently working on bringing you a new classic module experience! We are hard at work on our adaptation of Assault on the Slave Lords, originally presented in the A1 to A3 series of modules. We remember playing through the Slavers series fondly, and we want to bring these modules to life for our players with some of our own twists and turns. The dungeons will be offered at level 8 on Heroic, and will also have a CR 32 Legendary version as well.

As you probably know, we have already begun discussing the update to Cannith Crafting. Ever since we updated random loot players have been asking for an update to this crafting system, and the project is in full swing. It is a big system that will provide a good way to fill in gear holes as you level.

Players have asked about class passes, and the next two classes to be looked at will likely be Monk and Favored Soul. We are currently looking into the core code behind unarmed attacks and hand wraps to see if that needs to be revamped. We are also looking into giving Favored Soul its third tree. Both are big tasks, but we wanted players to know these are the next classes we are looking at once we are past Cannith Crafting.

We’d also like to offer the players another open enhancement tree (like Harper) at some point to open up more build options, and we are looking to see where that might fit in.

We were fairly happy with the Night Revels festival in the fall last year, and this year we will be looking to add more haunted dungeons a maybe some other surprises. The festival was fairly popular so we’d like to expand on it a bit. We would also like to revamp the rewards for the mimic festival and bring that back; maybe with rewards, based on player feedback, that are less random.

Another system we want to tackle is the augment system. Players have been asking for new augments, but the current incarnation of augments are created by hand as crafting interactions. We will be looking into the feasibility of moving existing and future augments into a new system that will work like the slotting system that our Legendary Greensteel crafting system uses. The technical complexity comes with how we will allow players to convert existing items to use new augments. If we can tackle these problems, then we can do some interesting things with augment slots and more regularly include augments as part of our ongoing loot.

The far future has a lot of promise, and looking past the end of the year we would definitely like to bring Tiefling and Aasimar to our players at some point. Tiefling in particular is a popular race for Dungeons and Dragons and we would like you to have those races as options for your characters. We will need to determine whether we plan on including tails on Tieflings, and how the horns of the race will interact with helmets. Both of these are interesting problems to tackle and we have already had some discussion about them even though these races would be fairly far into the future.

We just wanted to talk about the long term plans we will be looking into, and we wanted to say thanks for joining us in game.

~Sev

Status
Not open for further replies.