AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are your expectations in buying a snapchat?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mira_xo

Cam Model
Dec 12, 2015
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@RealMira_xo
MFC Username
Mira_xo
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/507667/Mira_xo/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/134089/miraxo
Hi! Please excuse any formatting errors as I'm typing this from mobile.

I was wondering what your expectations are, as a member, when buying a model's snapchat. A few specifics I was wondering:

1. How often do you expect a model to post sexually explicit pictures?
  2. Does it factor into your decision if you know a model also posts "life" pictures that aren't sexual explicit?
  3. Do you equate price with quality? E.g. you believe you may get 1 sexual picture a day when purchasing a 100tkn snapchat vs 10+ pictures a day when purchasing a 1,000tkn snapchat
  4. Does camera quality matter to you?
  5. Does ability to screenshot matter to you?
  6. What is the maximum you would pay for a snapchat?
  7. Do you prefer monthly subscriptions or lifetime snapchat deals?

These are just few questions I had in my head regarding snapchat from the members perspective. I certainly appreciate any response, even if it's only 1 of my questions being answered! Any other opinions on snapchat are 100% welcome!

1. Once, maybe twice a day. If the model is feeling up to it. But it's not necessary to me. (See point 2.)
  2. Yes. I buy snapchat to see other parts of the model's life. I like seeing cute pets, yummy food, & just daily life randomness.
  3. No.
  4. Somewhat. Grainy/blurry photos don't do much for me.
  5. Not really.
  6. Hm. I haven't really thought about this one. I had no problem spending 300 tokens on my favorite model... I probably would have spent up to 600 happily for her. She always puts out top notch content though.
  7. I don't have a preference, but the ones I've bought have all been lifetime.

I was wondering what your expectations are, as a member, when buying a model's snapchat. A few specifics I was wondering:

2. Does it factor into your decision if you know a model also posts "life" pictures that aren't sexual explicit?
  3. Do you equate price with quality? E.g. you believe you may get 1 sexual picture a day when purchasing a 100tkn snapchat vs 10+ pictures a day when purchasing a 1,000tkn snapchat

These are just few questions I had in my head regarding snapchat from the members perspective. I certainly appreciate any response, even if it's only 1 of my questions being answered! Any other opinions on snapchat are 100% welcome!

1) As much or as little as she wants (upto and including none).
2) I'm just as happy with "life" pictures, as I am with sexy pictures, sometimes even more (and sometimes less). It's cool getting a glimpse of the meat-space realm the model resides in (IE: "real life").
3) Yes, it really bugs me when I pay for a models snapchat and even the ones that gave it to me for free update it more often then she does. Thankfully that's been rare for me though.

It's also not an exact science, like I wouldn't care/notice if someones snapchat I bought for 600 tokens updated less then the one for 400 unless the 600 rarely ever snapped. But I do notice when the one I bought for 600 tokens updates less then the one that I got for free. And I would notice if the one I bought for 1000 tokens updated less then the 200 token one.

Basically, the greater the disparity, the more noticeable, at an exponential rate (rather then additive).

4) Nah
5) Nope
6) Mostly depends on the model:

a) For my closest model, I probably would have spent up to 2500, just because I'll pay premium for her work, and honestly it's probably tokens I would tip her in other ways anyways.
b) For my other fav models I probably would have gone up to 500-750 tokens, depending on how much fun I was having and my level of sobriety, Anything lower would have been an instant buy.
c) For first time visits, I'd say 300-500 would be my limit. Anything less then 300 is an instant buy.

7) Lifetime subscriptions for me is a big deal. I'd only consider buying a monthly subscription if it was before some big event like camgirl mansion/camp or something, and I wouldn't repeat purchase.

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread as I've been kind of waiting to see something similar for it, but didn't really know how to go about asking it. You've laid out several good questions Mira!
  • 1. I expect at least a nude picture a few times a week. I mean that is kind of the reason to buy in. There are tons of hot chicks that post stuff sexually/non-sexually for free. So just having snapchat isn't the bonus when you are paying for it.

• 2. I like when models post stuff from their daily life. Showing your daily life is fun, as you get to see some of the quirks and stuff that the models have that you don't see on cam.

3. Yes and no. I definitely notice when I've paid for snap and the models don't really do anything with it. Or they hype that you are totally missing out on their snap, but it's really just a secret way of paying for their twitter or instagram account. As the same things you get each day are the things you get from just following them on Twitter/Instagram for free. Makes me feel like a sucker really.

4. Camera quality has never been an issue for me. I do notice when some pictures look worse than other others, but I know the feeling of bad pictures with smartphones so it's a wash in my opinion.

5. The ability to screenshot is a major selling point for me. If the model allows it, I'm definitely more likely to buy it. I don't screenshot everything. But, I like the chance to get a screenshot of a model doing/sharing something hot in the regular life. Like she's driving to the store without panties and she gives a sneaky photo.

6. I generally tap out on snap in the 600-1000 token range. My trust/knowledge of the model is why there is a range.

7. I will only buy lifetime snap if its a model that is selling it for basically nothing like 200 tokens or less. I've been burned too often by models selling lifetime snap that quit snapchat, camming, etc. a couple of weeks after you've paid for them. I'm more open to monthly deals and prefer stuff in the 3 to 6 month range. That said and as I've mentioned above when purchasing long term snaps I do expect a level of activity to some extent. And I really prefer it not just be the paid version of their twitter/instagram.

Last edited:
1) Depends on the price and duration of the snapchat, more expensive==more often

2) Nope, I assume it'll happen since no one is sexy "all" the time, but there are models out there who don't post any life snaps

3) Yes and no because the duration also affects price. Idk, "quality" doesn't seem like the right word for it. More quantity per day doesn't necessarily mean 'better' and 'cheap' ($20) doesn't necessarily mean bad. But disregarding any specific models I'm thinking of, in general more expensive would expect more snaps.

4) Yes? but most camera phones that came out in the last couple of years should be good enough

5) Yes. If you send explicit pictures directly to me, I'm most likely taking a screenshot because in my experience most of those disappear before I realize whats going on (~3 seconds). Please don't be the 3 second snapper :( . Story feeds I don't screenshot because I can go back and rewatch what I missed the first time I opened it up. If a model has a '1 screenshot and you're out' rule, I won't buy their snapchat since I have no idea what their snaps will be like.

6) Depends on the model, but $50 has been the highest so far. Anything much higher than that makes me take a longer look at the life snaps vs sexy snaps issue and her possibly disappearing from the camming scene.

7) Lifetime. I don't check snap stories everyday, everyone doesn't post everyday, and I often use snaps to remember to visit a model. Imo shorter duration memberships places more importance on the amount of snaps you are getting for that month you paid for. If its only a few snaps, I'm likely not going to renew whenever I get silently kicked off that month membership list.

How often do you expect a model to post sexually explicit pictures?
Depends on the model. As long as its a few times a week, I'm cool, but this is balanced out by anything fun. One of my favorite snap stories involved a series of vids where the model "transformed" into a ferret. It was awesom.

Does it factor into your decision if you know a model also posts "life" pictures that aren't sexual explicit?
Oh heck yes. If I know cute pets or fun sights or good comedy will be there, that's more of a sales point than sexy pics.

Do you equate price with quality? E.g. you believe you may get 1 sexual picture a day when purchasing a 100tkn snapchat vs 10+ pictures a day when purchasing a 1,000tkn snapchat
I find price equates with a model's desire to control how many people are on her list. Or how long you get it. I've paid a lot for some slow snaps and I've paid next to nothing for active/fun snaps.

Does camera quality matter to you?
Meh.

Does ability to screenshot matter to you?
Sorta? I'd like to be able to, but it's not a deal breaker if they say no.

What is the maximum you would pay for a snapchat?
If it's monthly, no more than 150/month. If it's "for life", 1000tkns. But I'd have to reeeeeeallly want it.

Do you prefer monthly subscriptions or lifetime snapchat deals?
Life, of course, but I think monthly or some sort of "weeding out" process is best for the model. As an example I've mentioned elsewhere, one of the snaps I bought is "for life," but she states she reserves the right to dump you if you havn't participated in her room/clip stores/wherever within three months.

Just fyi, there's a snap I get where I pay in chunks of three months at the "lowest rate." I think chunks of a few months is a great idea.

How often do you expect a model to post sexually explicit pictures?
I don't really care. Whenever she feels like it is fine with me.

Does it factor into your decision if you know a model also posts "life" pictures that aren't sexual explicit?
If I have your Snapchat, that means I like you already, and would love to see anything you feel like sharing. I enjoy seeing the day to day stuff.

Do you equate price with quality?
My feeling of Snapchat is, it's extra. I tip you because I like you. If I didn't get your Snapchat I would still tip you.

Does camera quality matter to you?
No.

Does ability to screenshot matter to you?

I know I'm weird with this one. I look at Snapchat as this thing that will fade and go away, it's not permanent. Like, it's this beautiful thing that's here for now, but will be gone. So my attitude is to enjoy it now while it lasts. Saying all that no I don't screenshot, it doesn't matter to me if you are allowed to.

What is the maximum you would pay for a Snapchat?
I really don't know. I don't go out looking for Snapchat, if I like you I get it.

Do you prefer monthly subscriptions or lifetime Snapchat deals?

I only have lifetime. I'm happy with that.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_ and CuteViky

Maybe a few times a week I guess.​

Yeah it's quite fun to see other random stuff.​

Yes. If it was very expensive then I'd expect it to be used a lot more than if it was overly cheap.​

No up to a point. As long as the phone is from the last few years then the camera should be good enough. Of course if the phone is super cheap or really old and the pictures are really bad then it would matter but I've never seen anything like that.

I never take screenshots anyway so this doesn't affect me.​

Probably around 800 tokens if I really liked whoevers it was but I'm more likely to just randomly do it if its around the 3-500 range.​

Lifetime. I don't ever buy monthly ones.​

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen and Mira_xo

1. I would just say regularly. Doesn't have to be every single day or dozens at a time, although obviously the more you snap the more likely I am to recommend it when I'm in your room. But it shouldn't be one snap a week either.
2. I enjoy the life snaps.
3. Yes I would expect more from a more expensive one.
4. Not really, the ones I have are all good enough.
5. No.
6. In the past I've been willing to go up to 1000 tokens no problem, and would stretch that a little if it was someone's I really wanted. But I've been burned a few times so lately I've been a lot more selective and don't really go above 300.
7. I don't do monthly. Too much to track and too costly unless you only do it for 1 or maybe 2 models.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mira_xo
Status
Not open for further replies.