AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pokemon Go!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to name it, then restart the app for it to work, a lot of people are forgetting that step.
I have nevet had to do that for it to work! Do you have Android or iOS? I am curious if this has anything to do with it! I have an iPhone!

Also a lot of people say you can only do it once per eeveeloution but I have 15 now and about 7 of them were from naming them.

I didn't have to restart the app but I did close the Eevee's profile page before opening it back up and then evolving. (I didn't do it for any particular reason other than being paranoid about evolving the wrong pokemon.) I'm on Android

I have nevet had to do that for it to work! Do you have Android or iOS? I am curious if this has anything to do with it! I have an iPhone!

Also a lot of people say you can only do it once per eeveeloution but I have 15 now and about 7 of them were from naming them.
I'm on android, I've never tried it without restarting the app, so I can't say for sure. Though I have seen a few posts saying it didn't work, and the only thing they did differently was not restarting the game. Who knows though, it could be a glitch, but I'm not gonna risk it for now lol

I lucked out and got a different eveelution each time I evolved an Evee without changing the name.

As far as the naming trick, it was confirmed by Niantic at SDCC. I personally saw it fail a number of times, but being someone else's game it could have been a lot of things. It is suggested to restart your game after naming to ensure that the servers communicate the name change before evolving. It's also suggested that you have no other pokemon named Rainer/Pyro/Sparky, including others you evolved previously. It might only work the first time for each.

Niantic also mentioned that there are more easter eggs undiscovered, and they are aware of the 3 step glitch plaguing the game. If you hadn't noticed already, they seem to prefer to roll out updates without announcements. The game has been 1000x more playable so if you've been waiting for more stable servers, now might be a good time to try again. That said, this game does have a lot of problems that really detract from long term play. Not as drastic as Mila suggested, but the gyms for example are a bore. The pokemon aren't evenly powered to a fault. One of the absolute strongest is Vaporeon, who is insanely easy to acquire with beautiful IVs (hidden stats). A Vaporeon can EASILY destroy a Jolteon of the same level. That's pretty broken if you ask me. Also having to having to own all your gyms at the same time for the day is a rough task. A lot of people can't hold down more than one at a time. At 10 coins a gym for 21 hours, you can afford to buy 20 standard poke balls after like 10 days. I know that realistically they want you to spend money, but the price points aren't good either. It's not worth it. I understand this isn't Pokemon as I am used to nor should it be, but there are some classic mechanics here that need to be re-adressed.

I am beginning to calm down my gameplay. I won't obsessively own my gyms anymore unless I plan to collect on them. I enjoy catching them more but I am beginning to be limited by my location and budget for incubators. I am fortunate to have enough stops in my life to not really worry about having enough balls to play comfortably, so essentially I catch everything for stardust and have become a "breeder" who obsessively checks for perfect IV pokemon which can only be done by endlessly punching stats into a calculator. If you care about the hidden potential of your poker but don't care to actually check, always go with an egg. An egg is typically somewhere from 75-98% perfect, and almost certainly better than wild-caught. You can always get more stardust but you can't get it back after you've dumped it all into a pokemon with trash stats, so I would rather power up a really weak guy who I know is worth it. Later on when everyone becomes a high level if they ever fix the broken battle system (more of a when), these hidden IV potentials will be important. If my lvl 40 Vape has to go head to head with someone else's lvl 40 vape, I'm going to do what I can early on to ensure that mine will be the better one.

- You cannot pick poke balls back up after you throw them
- Height and weight markers (XL & XS) do NOT currently correlate with how hard your attacks will hit or how much damage you can take, etc. No one has discovered what they relate to, so don't make any decisions based on what you think they will do for you.
- The highest level for eggs is 20, and the highest level for wild pokemon to be caught at is 30.
- You can still get Xp from stops if your bag is full.

I have so much poke knowledge! I learn a ton from the Silph Road.

I'm so late to this thread...but I'm freshly lvl 19 and my top three are a 1438 Flareon, 1323 Snorlax and a 1322 Slowbro.

Not super powerful since my daily areas are really sparse in terms of spawning, but I love this game so much. It's everything I wanted Pokemon to be when I used to play Blue way back in the day.

Just thought I would mention they quietly rolled out a huge update today. The balance of attacks has been adjusted a ton. The quick attacks are all brought roughly to the same range, meaning a lot more rides on your charge attacks now. The battle system is worth going into again.

Reactions: Lexi Emerson
My own child, my flesh and blood, chose team Valor... Where did I go wrong? It's okay, she's five, she doesn't know what she's doing.

I posted this in Model's Only but figured I'd share for any members still paying attention. :)

Someone on the local Pokemon Go Facebook page I am a part of posted this and I really wanted to get other people's thoughts on it.

http://trib.al/1Ce4QsM

So if you aren't aware, the newest update took away the three step tracking entirely and Pokevision (and similar sites) went down yesterday. Some people are super upset about these both happening. "If the tracker worked, we wouldn't need Pokevision and now we have neither". Which I guess I can kind of empathize with, it is going to be a lot more aimless walking in hopes of finding anything cool now and even if there is something cool in your nearby, it's going to be a bitch to find. But now people are requesting refunds (I guess Google Play requires the purchase to be made less than 72 hours but Apple allows you to request refunds from whenever) because "a key part of the game is broken". Sounds like they are handing over refunds pretty easily. On one hand I feel like that's kind of the only way to show Niantic that people aren't interested in playing if they won't communicate and explain some plans to users and just take away key parts of the game. But I also feel like a majority of the people I am reading about getting refunds are kind of assholes? People on the Facebook page are getting up to $50 refunds from buying Pokeballs and Incubators. How are those two things at all effected by the steps being removed? I mean I guess if you plan on not playing anymore but you still used them at some point and got stuff from them so I guess I think it's really unfair? I personally have spent about $20 because of Incubators (I fucking love hatching the eggs) and Lures. I wouldn't ask for a refund because those things are in no way going to be effected by all this but I am also not quitting the game. I wander around aimlessly anyways so I guess I am not too butthurt about the tracking right now since I assume it is something that is being worked on.

Are people bored with the game now?

I'm not bored of it but I am just not happy with the current direction it's going. I still play but I definitely have lost some interest. I am just hoping they start listening to people a little and fix things that are broken or simply don't work because this game definitely has the potential to stay big for a while.

Reactions: Gen and Picnic
I've lost a bit of interest in it since the 3 step bug came around, and I'm at the point where I'm running low on balls but likely won't buy more coins to get items unless/until some updates are made to the game.

For those who have a lot of pokestops, there's a way to get bonus XP and more items. If you hit 10 different pokestops in a row, the 10th will give 100xp and no less than 6 items. If you can manage to hit 20, its 200xp and no less than 6 items, etc. I've gotten up to 20 in a row at the Revolutionary War battlefield near my house. If I head over to Old City, philly, I'm sure I could hit way more than that.

I'm confused about lures. A few times now I've been at a pokestop and it said my lure was unable to be used there. Do you have to be, like, directly on the exact spot pictured in the image to drop one? When I've tried to use them I was within pretty close distance, obviously close enough to spin the sign for items.

I'm confused about lures. A few times now I've been at a ipokestop and it said my lure was unable to be used there. Do you have to be, like, directly on the exact spot pictured in the image to drop one? When I've tried to use them I was within pretty close distance, obviously close enough to spin the sign for items.
I think you might be trying to do it from the items menu?
For lures when you use a pokestop, right above the image you spin there's a little pill shaped thing, select that and it will let you place your lure.

I think you might be trying to do it from the items menu?
For lures when you use a pokestop, right above the image you spin there's a little pill shaped thing, select that and it will let you place your lure.
I've never noticed! hahaha.

Damn, I wish I would have figured that out the day I had to wait around for 40 minutes for an appointment with a pokestop right next to me. :)

However, I will say FUCK YOU to the developers for not thinking to MAYBE say that when you try to click on it in the items menu. Or, you know, actually allowing you to use it at the items menu. Idiots.

I've never noticed! hahaha.

Damn, I wish I would have figured that out the day I had to wait around for 40 minutes for an appointment with a pokestop right next to me. :)

However, I will say FUCK YOU to the developers for not thinking to MAYBE say that when you try to click on it in the items menu. Or, you know, actually allowing you to use it at the items menu. Idiots.
Yeah, they definitely made it more complicated than it really needed to be. It took me 20 minutes and asking a random stranger to figure it out.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Status
Not open for further replies.