AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Offensive Model Names?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2011
Does anyone else find that some models choose names that could be offensive to women in general? I'm not talking about names that include profanity such as: UrFuckBuddy.

But, names more like: CallMeACunt, or ImYourToy, NothinButJuggs, etc.

Does anyone else find that some models choose names that could be offensive to women in general? I'm not talking about names that include profanity such as: UrFuckBuddy.

I imagine that girls who name themselves in such a way as to be noticed/get attention for their names don't really give many fucks about offending other women. I don't fault them for the tactic. Then again, I'm not one of those easily, perpetually offended people.

I don't think I've ever seen a particularly successful model with a name like that (except maybe when girls change their name as a joke for a few days), so I think it's more of a stupid business move than offensive. Mostly I think it's girls who assume SEX SEX SEX is what it takes to be successful and I don't think it's works often. But if that's how they want to present themselves I don't care or find it offensive.

Honestly, this is kind of funny to me. Have you seen what the internet has to say about women and their bodies? So no, I guess I am not offended about a name a woman chooses for herself. I suppose those women could be working for a studio and the name is picked for them, in which case, still not offended, more of an eye roll kind of reaction. But generally I see those names as silly or could be ironic or being used as a tactic to get viewers, whether it is successful or not I don't know.

I think everyone gets offended to easily these days to begin with. What someone wants to use as their screen name makes no difference to me. Im more annoyed when a cammer picks a name that is very similiar (maybe one letter off or something) from an already successful cam model

I don't pay enough attention to other model's names to even care. And if I did, meh. A model wants to call herself CuntyMcTwatFace, or RamMeHard? That's her choice, it doesn't have an effect on me at all.

Offensive means something different to everyone.
I mean, it IS an adult site. I don't get offended by something as insignificant as model names. It doesn't make any difference to my work. Personally, I like being called a dirty, slutty fuck toy xD

Tons of people think the act of being in the webcam industry alone is offensive and horrible for women after all.

I've noticed something about offensive-ness lately (especially on places like tumblr) people will deem something as 'offensive' without actually listening to the voices of the people they're talking about telling them they don't feel it is offensive. If some models market themselves as toys, just specific body parts etc cool for them. I've had more members names be cringe-worthy (and even then they don't offend me)

I DO think some girls assume a sex-screen name will do better than a real-life sounding name but idk if that is a great tactic if you're trying to brand yourself. I think names that sound more cute/realistic are more memorable for people.

What's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

I get it, but then there's Google which is only useful in poetry for limericks. Their babyfood name seem to be doing ok. (it was meant to be a scientific term, but a typo later here we are) They're more offensive than anything models are doing.

For me, the really random ones are most interesting. Don't like singling people out, but you've seen them, the names that make you think "what the hell?" And then you click. Not sure if that's a good long term either, but it's creative and amusing. I just never know how to address the model when her name is "TuesdayKangaroo", but many have been stars.

That's the biggest issue with sex names, to me, they don't follow on to interaction. Shooting yourself in the toe.

TuesdayKangaroo, think I'll use it on Twitter.

I think everyone gets offended to easily these days to begin with.
This (and the Stephen Fry quote) seems kind of funny since literally every comment has said they don't find it offensive, haha. (I know you're speaking to a larger context but in this one, it seems funny to me.)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
This (and the Stephen Fry quote) seems kind of funny since literally every comment has said they don't find it offensive, haha. (I know you're speaking to a larger context but in this one, it seems funny to me.)
I'm of the idea these days that most people aren't nearly as sensitive as some people claim. I get it; I used to be that way a few years ago. But the more I interact with people the more I realize that there are only a few people who are the PC police and they speak loudly. I think some confuse this minority with the majority opinion, and others like to think of themselves as offensive to be edgy even when they are not. And then some go way out of their way to offend people, because they have to to do so, and then criticize opposing views as being too PC/sensitive.

If we actually lived in such a PC society, South Park wouldn't be one of the most popular shows on TV, nobody would listen to Louis CK and George Carlin, and the Human Centipede movies would just be a twinkle in a mad man's eye.

I imagine that girls who name themselves in such a way as to be noticed/get attention for their names don't really give many fucks about offending other women. I don't fault them for the tactic. Then again, I'm not one of those easily, perpetually offended people.

True. I've tried that tactic and didn't work.... but i don't fault anybody who tries it bc the bottom line is that there are always going to be douchy men who view women only as sex objects and there is nothing we can do about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: DFT
It's definitely not a coincidence that models with those kind of names are almost always found way down towards the bottom of the page.

When I see names like I find them so lazy and unoriginal that I never want to go into their rooms and I guess many other people feel the same way.

At first glance of the thread title, I thought this was gonna be about model names like 'ILoveBlackies' or 'NiggrLover'. Because in that case, I would've been like yeah, I don't like that shit either...

But names like CallMeACunt, etc...(sort of like the discussions we've had here about the word 'whore/camwhore')...I don't have a problem with models calling themselves names like that. I'll probably just giggle when I see it. Lol. When it starts becoming "cringe-worthy" for me is when random members start coming to my free chat thinking it's cool to call me cunt...slut...whore.

Maybe the models with those names are trying to entice the more raunchy/vulgar members to their rooms because those are the guys they like? If so, nothing wrong with that. I do understand that it may not be everyone's cup of tea, which is why it's great that you have a large selection of models to choose from.

I just saw a member name...bitchslutcuntmotherfucker69r...I think he could have added a couple more words to really drive his point home. ;)

I don't know if I would say these names are offensive, but they are obnoxious.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
<<<<<< Bigpussy690 on chaturbate.

I was new to camming and it was the first name that came to mind. I am not even sure if I have a big pussy or a small pussy or a cave motherfucker looking pussy. I really wish I could change that name.

<<<<<< Bigpussy690 on chaturbate.

I was new to camming and it was the first name that came to mind. I am not even sure if I have a big pussy or a small pussy or a cave motherfucker looking pussy. I really wish I could change that name.

I am guessing Chaturbate doesn't let you change nicknames?

I am guessing Chaturbate doesn't let you change nicknames?

Nope, but they let you make as many new accounts as you want to with different names.

It's definitely not a coincidence that models with those kind of names are almost always found way down towards the bottom of the page.

When I see names like I find them so lazy and unoriginal that I never want to go into their rooms and I guess many other people feel the same way.

I agree.. certain names are so uninspiring that a model would have to make up for that with a huge personality for me to enter her room

Luckily on MFC, you can still change your name to something more suitable, but on other sites, this is what you are stuck with.

Imagine still being named 'PreggoPam' after the baby has been born ....

Status
Not open for further replies.