AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have you ever read a guidebook to camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone need a guidebook we have a forum full of amazing tips along with other awesome topics.

Have you ever read a guidebook to camming?

I'm planning to read a few of these and post summaries of them on the forum, in case they actually do contain useful information.

Reactions: Guy
All the guidebooks I've ever seen were written by newish models. Like I remember giving advice to a new camgirl who, within 3 weeks of starting, posted here that she wanted to make a guidebook because she had "learned so much." I really would never read a guide by somebody who hadn't had soaring, prolonged success in the industry. That being said, I do have a guide bookmarked that was written by a well-established C4S model who made 6 figures a year.

It's really all about the person writing it, and what genuine help they can offer.

Noted, thanks.

If you know of other books or guides you think are particularly relevant to camming, it would help me if you'd post links to them here, perhaps gathered together in a single post. I'd welcome everyone's suggestions, in fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I never read a book about camming because other adult industry books have helped with my camming. For example, the dancerwealth program created for strippers have helped me with both pso and camming sales.
I have also read
"Courtesans: Money, Sex and Fame in the Nineteenth Century", "The Book of courtesans: A catalogue of their virtues","Seductress:Women who ravished the world and their lost art of love", and biographies of famous courtesans such as Lola Montez or Klondike Kate. These books have taught me a lot about being a sex worker in general. However, dancerwealth have really helped me close my camming sales better.

No, I never read a book about camming because other adult industry books have helped with my camming.

Have you found any value in more general, mainstream business books, such as books on marketing or personal branding?

Reactions: DonaDiabla
Noted, thanks.

If you know of other books or guides you think are particularly relevant to camming, it would help me if you'd post links to them here, perhaps gathered together in a single post. I'd welcome everyone's suggestions, in fact.
Do you have a Kindle? The vast majority of guidebooks to camming are only available through that device.

Actually, Simon, I found that books about courtesans and their business practices often helps me. Since this is not a mainstream business, I turn to knowledge from famous sex workers of yesteryear. For example, I read "Courtesans:Money, Power, Fame in the nineteen century" in order to learn how to entice men a bit more and it is an excellent guide for how to talk to men from certain cultures. I mixed this knowledge with my own hustle and dancerwealth. My sex worker goals is to become either like Maria Felix or Divine Brown (She took her money that she made off Hugh Grant's scandal and stop being a sex worker. She later became an actress in the Uk and now is a married dance singer.)

Have you found any value in more general, mainstream business books, such as books on marketing or personal branding?

Actually, Simon, I found that books about courtesans and their business practices often helps me.

Thanks, DonaDiabla; that's helpful. I've added the books you've recommended on courtesans to my list.

Since you say you've found a historical perspective to be useful, I'm curious: Have you found any camming-related wisdom to be drawn from the salonnières of France?
My sex worker goals is to become either like Maria Felix or Divine Brown...

Best of luck. It sounds like you're already well on your way towards achieving the lifestyle you want.

This is a great question, Simon :) For me, learning from the salonnieres as a cam model means that I can give men a better girlfriend experience. You see, I come for a different culture than Western culture and it is quite fun to learn how to related to my upper crust clientele better. Also those books teach me how to be more light-hearted and whimsical. Sometimes, that is lacking on some of the cam sites that I am on. I am working on developing a softer style for my second cam persona based on the books that recommended.

Thanks, DonaDiabla; that's helpful. I've added the books you've recommended on courtesans to my list.

Since you say you've found a historical perspective to be useful, I'm curious: Have you found any camming-related wisdom to be drawn from the salonnières of France?

Best of luck. It sounds like you're already well on your way towards achieving the lifestyle you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.