AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

LOVENSE Is Launching 4 New Tip Controlled Toys! Limited Special Price--- Learn more now =)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@SMuser69 are you talking about the metafitish repo? qDot, a long time sex toy blogger, and hacker, runs that repo. I think he's also some how involved with bluetooth support being added to firefox.

Aww shucks. Hi. :D

So, first off, hi everyone, I'm qDot, I run https://metafetish.com (a blog about sex toy engineering) and https://buttplug.io (software for making whatever sex toys you have do whatever you want, currently in very very very early stages of development). My hobby/side career is reverse engineering sex toys. :)

Now then, time to devolve into nerdspeak. :/

I /was/ part of the bluetooth team for FxOS when that was still a thing, but there are currently no plans for supporting WebBluetooth in firefox yet. That's still Google Chrome only, and even there it's only unflagged on OS X.

Are the lovesense API from github compatible with these new toys?

Yeah, lovesense is my project, and I'd certainly like the new toys to be compatible with it. That said, I'm not affiliated with lovense in any way other than being a huge fan of the products and company, so I'll have to actually get the toys first. I've got a few things coming in the first tier assuming this message doesn't make those suddenly disappear (i luv u eddy plz don't cut me off :) ).

For those not aware: I maintain Lovesense, a project to allow people that write software (currently in node.js/javascript, python, rust, and max/msp) to control lovense toys via direct bluetooth (not via the XMPP protocol used by the app, 'cause I stay away from using the company's servers, and they're doing great work on securing things there anyways). There's more information on the project at https://buttplug.io/hardware/lovense. While I have the bluetooth protocol mapped pretty well (see https://lovesense-docs.readthedocs.org), currently the software is running a little behind on features because Bluetooth LE support on desktops is... not great.

If anyone is interested in discussing/using my software for developing new tipping mechanisms or what not (I could totally make higher tip amounts drive toys faster and what not, that's kind of the whole idea behind the Buttplug software I mentioned), feel free to get in contact with me via private message here, or I'm on twitter at http://twitter.com/qdot with open DMs.

Thank you for backing this campaign! You're part of a passionate community empowering entrepreneurs to bring their ideas to life.

I picked up the wand and bullet, I've been wanting to pick up some app controlled toys for a while and these sound great. :3

Also, reading up re: vulva stim, the only toy I own that really stimulates my vulva/clit/vaginal opening at the same time is my Sybian. My wands (and I own several because I like them!) definitely don't really do it. YMMV, but wands are definitely primarily a clit-stim toy for me.

Personally I think these things have killed a lot of the webcams.

So tired of going into rooms and seeing pink plastic popping out from a girls puss or ass. And then seeing them faking getting turned on with just one token given in a tip.

My tipping is way down since these things have come on the scene.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Personally I think these things have killed a lot of the webcams.

So tired of going into rooms and seeing pink plastic popping out from a girls puss or ass. And then seeing them faking getting turned on with just one token given in a tip.

My tipping is way down since these things have come on the scene.

Actually reading your post did make me wonder if they plan any displayable UI for models to use to show the device is working or how strong it's functioning.

I do see the amount of "showsmanship" when using these toys on cams has lead to customers being more and more skeptical.

Making more tip trigger toys are great but you'll eventually dry out your own market if you don't eventually consider tools to make it easier for the model to show the toy is working. Else more models will need to keep bowls of water to randomly demo their toys in.

tl:dr Faking models are ruining your new market, are you taking steps to help the legit models out?

We did our best to make the % submerged the same. To be completely honest, the reason why it splashes more water is because when it's is not pressed up against anything it kind of moves back and forth (and the others don't). Do you have the The Don by Doxy? That one also moves back and forth a lot (it's the best comparison). What makes our wand special is it's just as powerful as those bigger wands- in like 60% of the size and without the cord. We're not even claiming to be the most powerful wand.

Thank you for your response. What is the max RPM?

Just a little feedback since wands are my favorite toy. I personally would love a cord with any wands because they are my most used toy and I have killed many wireless toys' batteries. With camming, we are using the same toys over 50x a week, so toys that are meant to be novelty aren't built for the wear of a career cammodel. Since I've been camming and this will be my fifth year, I've been through 3 wired hitachies, 3 wireless bodywands, 1 wireless hitachi and 2 doxies. Although, I do like the convenience of not having a wire, but from my experience, I have come to find wired lasts longer. My current wired wand has lasted seven months and is the longest lasting wand so far.

Though I do not doubt that there are girls faking, just gonna give some back scenes insight. My tips are sound activated. So if higher tips make more fan fare sounds, it goes off more or if it's a string of $1 tip. If you have the sensitivity turned up high, that measly 1 tk makes you go insane. For example, I work on SM. If someone tips $1, it makes the same buzz as some tips $20. Now if someone tips $25, it makes a different and longer sound,

You guys also don't have a G-spot and a vagina. You don't know what it feels like to have something quickly vibrate on it. It feels damn fucking good.

Actually reading your post did make me wonder if they plan any displayable UI for models to use to show the device is working or how strong it's functioning.

I do see the amount of "showsmanship" when using these toys on cams has lead to customers being more and more skeptical.

Making more tip trigger toys are great but you'll eventually dry out your own market if you don't eventually consider tools to make it easier for the model to show the toy is working. Else more models will need to keep bowls of water to randomly demo their toys in.

tl:dr Faking models are ruining your new market, are you taking steps to help the legit models out?

The people who are skeptical are a loud minority.
I can tell you I held off getting any tip activated toys for as long as possible for fear of losing my credibility, turning off existing customers, etc. After finally caving I'm kicking myself for not having done it sooner as none of these things happened and the toy paid for itself multiple times over just during my first shift using it.

The "showmanship" argument has always been funny to me because everything with camming is "showmanship". Like if you think a cammodel moaning, writhing, and potentially dirty talking is the way she masturbates when she's alone you are sorely mistaken. We do these things for the entertainment of the people watching, because watching a girl masturbate silently in the dark under her covers with her eyes closed isn't really that interesting.
Also there is no way to tell if a model is ever faking anything. Be it if there's a dildo involved, a hitachi, a fuck machine....literally anything. Squirting can even be faked. Not sure why tip activated toys get harped on for this.
If you don't like or trust them, don't tip a model using one, or don't tip a model using one whose reactions you feel are too over the top. Models using them run the gamut from a girl squirting in her panties for $20 to just some light moaning. It's not really too big of a deal to find a model that suits your tastes, IMO.

I'm kind of curious how anyone would prove a toy is "working", ever. Do you want the toy to cryptographically sign the speed it's running at and relay that to the video stream? I mean, I'm all for displaying hexadecimal strings as overlays on cam streams, but I have a feeling I may be literally the only person on earth into that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go masturbate to number station recordings.

Got to be honest, if I see a girl with one of these toys sticking in her, its off to another girl.

If you go on Chaturbate I would say 90% of the girls have them now.

Got to be honest, if I see a girl with one of these toys sticking in her, its off to another girl.

Here's the thing, most models keep really detailed records of what they earn and when and so many models wouldn't be using these if it weren't beneficial to their income in a huge way.
You may boycott models with them, but the tippers that are filling your space make your absence inconsequential.

If you want to see a model without it, take her private and get a personalized show. That's the whole reason they exist.

Here's the thing, most models keep really detailed records of what they earn and when and so many models wouldn't be using these if it weren't beneficial to their income in a huge way.
You may boycott models with them, but the tippers that are filling your space make your absence inconsequential.

If you want to see a model without it, take her private and get a personalized show. That's the whole reason they exist.

This is about income vs increased income. Yes I don't think anyone is arguing that these toys makes money. The argument they could be making MORE money if there were better tools to separate the legitimate models from those that actually just fake they own the toy at all. Any time a model scams it hurts all you a little at a time.

There is MORE potential income out there which is being held back because there isn't better distinction between actual models using the toys vs complete fakes. From a branding standpoint Lovesense's only signature branding is a pink cord sticking out a vagina which is easy to fake.

The Lovesense people are reading this thread so it's a great time to bring up a customer issue that does affect models. Maybe adding an overlay that can be added to model cams that lets customers see vibration or trigger data of an actual Lovesense device would be something simple for them and would ADD value to help separate models that are using the genuine products.

The argument that you make enough money and so there's no problem is like saying DCMA takedowns aren't important unless you start to lose money.

Reactions: MDouble00
This is about income vs increased income. Yes I don't think anyone is arguing that these toys makes money. The argument they could be making MORE money if there were better tools to separate the legitimate models from those that actually just fake they own the toy at all. Any time a model scams it hurts all you a little at a time.

There is MORE potential income out there which is being held back because there isn't better distinction between actual models using the toys vs complete fakes. From a branding standpoint Lovesense's only signature branding is a pink cord sticking out a vagina which is easy to fake.

The Lovesense people are reading this thread so it's a great time to bring up a customer issue that does affect models. Maybe adding an overlay that can be added to model cams that lets customers see vibration or trigger data of an actual Lovesense device would be something simple for them and would ADD value to help separate models that are using the genuine products.

The argument that you make enough money and so there's no problem is like saying DCMA takedowns aren't important unless you start to lose money.

...It's easy to fake a pink twig coming out of the vagina? What in the fresh hell are models using to do this? If models are mass configuring fake pink pussy twigs that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and they would be better off getting the real thing.
Its a tax write off ffs.

...It's easy to fake a pink twig coming out of the vagina? What in the fresh hell are models using to do this? If models are mass configuring fake pink pussy twigs that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and they would be better off getting the real thing.
Its a tax write off ffs.

You're not a customer so probably don't search through the full world of camsites. Product faking is an issue particularly with tip based toys. Before lovesense it was a ohmibod, just shove something black in your panties and have a seizure on cam. You have to remember camsites are GLOBAL there are places where these products are not available but girls don't want to miss out on that money either.

You're not a customer so probably don't search through the full world of camsites. Product faking is an issue particularly with tip based toys. Before lovesense it was a ohmibod, just shove something black in your panties and have a seizure on cam. You have to remember camsites are GLOBAL there are places where these products are not available but girls don't want to miss out on that money either.

This argument makes no sense. Like, seriously, this is a VIDEO STREAM. This isn't even like, high class special effects or anything. It's cams in a bedroom or whatever. Everything is easily spoofable. There is no way a manufacturer can "build in" this information to prove it to you. Hell, most hardware manufacturers in this industry are luck if their toys even work in the first place.

Are you going to ask those not using toys to also prove their orgasms too? Hope everyone likes their cam models with anal pressure sensors!

Are you going to ask those not using toys to also prove their orgasms too? Hope everyone likes their cam models with anal pressure sensors!

I have a heavy suspicion that this accounts for a large degree of the interest in 'squirting' (one of the most popular tags on CB). IRL I've never found guys talking about sex/chicks/etc. to be remotely interested in it ... you can feel an orgasm, you don't need it see it.

seeing how many viewers the lovense/lush/hush/ohmibod hashtags get on CB/men, I've been interested in getting one myself. it seems to help more than it hurts.

Reactions: qDot
It's not really too big of a deal to find a model that suits your tastes, IMO.

exactly. hell, I'll usually watch for a while before tipping. if someone's lying there, face off cam, txting, not talking, bored out of her mind, I just move on. if someone's engaged and people tip and I enjoy her response, I'm much more inclined to participate.

:wait: Maybe a PET scan to prove that the model's amygdala is being affected would be better? If a model's not cumming under laboratory conditions, there's just no way to be 100% certain your tokens are contributing to an honest to goodness orgasm.

Seriously, though, I don't care which models are faking what. I'm there for a SHOW. If I'm being entertained, then it's a good show; if I'm not, then, it's not a good show. For that matter, if a model's obviously faking, but it's fun to watch, then I'm still entertained.

:wait: Maybe a PET scan to prove that the model's amygdala is being affected would be better? If a model's not cumming under laboratory conditions, there's just no way to be 100% certain your tokens are contributing to an honest to goodness orgasm.

Seriously, though, I don't care which models are faking what. I'm there for a SHOW. If I'm being entertained, then it's a good show; if I'm not, then, it's not a good show. For that matter, if a model's obviously faking, but it's fun to watch, then I'm still entertained.

So much this.

The reality is that orgasm fakery can happen with absolutely any toy. I've had quite a few friends try my Sybian and some of them didn't orgasm while on it at all, or felt pretty 'meh' about it, despite it being one of the strongest (and most expensive) vibrating toys on the market, while others climbed on and had no problem reaching climax (once, or many times) during their ride. Orgasms are a complicated thing, all bodies are different, and fakery isn't something that can be determined based on what kind of toy a model is using, regardless of strength, or just from watching their reactions.

Personally, I love my Sybian, since I'm using it as an example, but that doesn't mean that I never react strongly to other toys, and I definitely prefer medium-to-strong toys over extra-stength toys when I'm feeling overstimulated, extra-sensitive or just enjoying taking things at a slower pace.

So, if someone is really that concerned about fakery, I'm not sure how a model would be able to 'prove' that their orgasms are genuine. If it's just a specific set of toys that someone doesn't like, they can always seek out a better suited model or request a private show more to their tastes.

Aww shucks. Hi. :D

So, first off, hi everyone, I'm qDot, I run https://metafetish.com (a blog about sex toy engineering) and https://buttplug.io (software for making whatever sex toys you have do whatever you want, currently in very very very early stages of development). My hobby/side career is reverse engineering sex toys. :)

Now then, time to devolve into nerdspeak. :/

I /was/ part of the bluetooth team for FxOS when that was still a thing, but there are currently no plans for supporting WebBluetooth in firefox yet. That's still Google Chrome only, and even there it's only unflagged on OS X.

Yeah, lovesense is my project, and I'd certainly like the new toys to be compatible with it. That said, I'm not affiliated with lovense in any way other than being a huge fan of the products and company, so I'll have to actually get the toys first. I've got a few things coming in the first tier assuming this message doesn't make those suddenly disappear (i luv u eddy plz don't cut me off :) ).

For those not aware: I maintain Lovesense, a project to allow people that write software (currently in node.js/javascript, python, rust, and max/msp) to control lovense toys via direct bluetooth (not via the XMPP protocol used by the app, 'cause I stay away from using the company's servers, and they're doing great work on securing things there anyways). There's more information on the project at https://buttplug.io/hardware/lovense. While I have the bluetooth protocol mapped pretty well (see https://lovesense-docs.readthedocs.org), currently the software is running a little behind on features because Bluetooth LE support on desktops is... not great.

If anyone is interested in discussing/using my software for developing new tipping mechanisms or what not (I could totally make higher tip amounts drive toys faster and what not, that's kind of the whole idea behind the Buttplug software I mentioned), feel free to get in contact with me via private message here, or I'm on twitter at http://twitter.com/qdot with open DMs.
Dude as a fellow developer I have to give you props! Your code is beautiful and easy to read while getting the job done. Very well done. Love seeing developers working in the industry.

To the small handful saying cams are ruined because of these.

joedirt.gif

Seriously, girls are actually having mind altering orgasms and you are being a stick in the mud. Get over yourself. If you don't want a girl using a specific toy, just take her to private and do something else.

Last edited:
indeed.
I've heard people complain about the ubiquity of anal in porn, and I've heard people complain about the degrading-towards-women nature of the porn they're familiar with, but to complain about a toy used in porn...in the one situation where you actually have the power to change the narrative of the porn, that's just silly. Hell, I'll wear a dessert bowl on my head for a dollar if you want. take out a toy? I think I can make that happen :p

Its a tax write off ffs.

Just an FIY.... I have seen a couple of gals on Cb [Colombiana's] in the last 2-3 months or so that actually had a piece of pink surgical tubing with a double coiled knot in the one end. Yes, It was a BAD attempt but none the less, they did it and it worked somewhat for them. What gets me is their muscle endurance. They seem to go for hours quivering like they're being electrocuted for one token tips. :)

Ever hear of the botnet made up of TiVo's? As grows the Internet of Things, so does the potential for misuse. Luckily the security community has foreseen this, launching the http://internetofdon.gs/ Internet of Dongs project. Last thing we need would be servers taken down by a ... twatnet.

• Funny!
Reactions: weirdbr
I've seen a girl on CB using a black wireless pc mouse as a fake OMB

I've seen a girl on CB using a black wireless pc mouse as a fake OMB

is this something to name and shame for the good of legit models, or does that violate some ethic or etiquette common among models? (I'm so new I really don't quite know what the general expectations unique to this culture/community are)

p.s.,
Kia ora ;)

new question for the Lovense officials

does how well you exceeded your flexigoal have any impact on how soon you might be able to get your batches out? (no idea if it's a factory or a finances restraint on production, or something else) ...I'm partly curious because I'm kicking myself for not getting an Edge when I saw this thread and there were like 20 left in the first batch, and now I see it's a projected wait 'til August for one from the second run.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Not a fan, but understand why models like them. Have seen slower rooms getting more tips. I do think some models have relied too much on them. As with everything else, using them at every show gets boring.

A couple questions though. When models say it varies by tip amount, how does it know? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the same sound play no matter the size of the tip? At least from what I've heard a $1 tip get the same sound as a $100 tip. If it is sound activated, why doesn't music affect it? Thanks

A couple questions though. When models say it varies by tip amount, how does it know? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the same sound play no matter the size of the tip? At least from what I've heard a $1 tip get the same sound as a $100 tip. If it is sound activated, why doesn't music affect it? Thanks

Depends on the site. My site makes the same tipping sound for $1-20 tip and a different when they make a $25 tip. I try to be transparent and put "sound activated tip" in my goldshow description.

I am not sure it there are any mods/hack to make it buzz to different tip amounts, I haven't bothered to look into it.

• Helpful!
I am not sure it there are any mods/hack to make it buzz to different tip amounts, I haven't bothered to look into it.

Surprised there's not more sites that do that, since token APIs and push notification hooks don't seem like that big of a deal and sound triggering is such a hack (I mean, RealTouch Interactive sync'd toys with live video streams pretty well before they got sued out of existence), but such is the nature of the industry. Whatever is easiest and makes people money I guess. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.