AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Trump Presidency Prediction Time Capsule Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

I believe that Donald Trump's presidency will have a __________ affect on the United States & world.

• Very positive

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Somewhat positive

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Very small/neutral

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Slightly negative

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Very negative

Votes: 42 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I answered their survey.

The most worrying part of the presser was when he read out the results of the electoral vote and boasted that he won by the highest margin since Reagan or Nixon (I can't remember which). Then when a journalist pointed out that Obama won by a greater margin, his response was "well that's what I was told. That's the information I was given". This suggests (perhaps not too surprisingly) that Trump will accept any "fact" or figure given him, regardless of whether it's accurate or not, so long as it confirms his bias. It explains so much about the Muslim ban and the Wall.

I answered their survey. also. I, however, did not take the next step.

mostly no answers because I do not think the 24-hour news channels are accurate at reporting anything.

but of course I had to write in I get most of my news from the internet and twitter.

Reactions: Booty_4U
Maybe someone is finally telling him that just putting an emotion at the end of a tweet does nothing but make you sound like you're five. Hopefully. Maybe.

Also, can I just say how weird it is to see a president basically lambasting the media in general? I've never seen anything like it, at least not in person. I've read about this happening in past generations but it's interesting to see it happening with my own eyes.

I think he's referring mainly to the mainstream/elite/liberal media (as if that's a monolithic category), because they take a generally critical stance toward him (critical as in adversarial, and critical as in analysis/investigation). And he is good at setting up the MSM as a foil.

As much as I dislike Trump, I give him credit for including a more diverse selection of "non-elite" reporters in the White House press corps. Here's a rather odd recent addition: Lucian Wintrich,"...the creator of Twinks4Trump — a salacious photo project featuring portraits of scantily clad young men in 'Make America Great Again' hats — the openly gay artist and writer now occupies one of the coveted spots in the White House press briefing room." He is a right-winger and sympathetic to Trump, so that explains that.

The most worrying part of the presser was when he read out the results of the electoral vote and boasted that he won by the highest margin since Reagan or Nixon (I can't remember which). Then when a journalist pointed out that Obama won by a greater margin, his response was "well that's what I was told. That's the information I was given". This suggests (perhaps not too surprisingly) that Trump will accept any "fact" or figure given him, regardless of whether it's accurate or not, so long as it confirms his bias. It explains so much about the Muslim ban and the Wall.

There's also the fact that he's a compulsive liar, who just throws bullshit at the wall to see how well it sticks, and then begs off when he's called out on it. There are the stories going around about how easily led by his nose he is, and how all his "advisors" have to do is play to his ego to get their way, but I don't believe for a second that in cases where he's trying to bluff the public, "that's the information I was given" is anything more than a vague go-to excuse he can pull out whenever he's caught in his lies. It's the fast-talk of a salesman.

This suggests (perhaps not too surprisingly) that Trump will accept any "fact" or figure given him, regardless of whether it's accurate or not, so long as it confirms his bias.

This is worrying. Kind of reminds me of the 911 twin towers/blame Iraq mindset. Everyone in America needed someone to blame and it was rare to find any source or outlet, especially media, that questioned the info the president got and the actions he made (gotta give Obama props for questioning that one). At the time, because everyone around here was so crazy afraid, to even question the government or the intelligence (oxymoron fer sure) led to scorn and scrutiny.

It seems like Trump really has a war going on with the media which is interesting seeing as he went to war with the Republican party before being elected as their representative and then the Democrats after (with Republicans coming along because of the win), who he defeated. I predict Trump doesn't stop his media war just because it makes him look bad. He doesn't seem to cater to popular opinion--or at least the opinion of internet and newspapers since he can make up his own reality (kinda like Bush jr. with the Iraq thing, except everyone then seemed to want to blame iraq and that was popular).

Last edited:
This is a quote from Trump at Thursday's news conference that's been somewhat overlooked in the flood of more "newsworthy" stuff that he said:

We’ve begun preparing to repeal and replace Obamacare. Obamacare is a disaster, folks. It is’s disaster. I know you can say, oh, Obamacare. I mean, they fill up our alleys with people that you wonder how they get there, but they are not the Republican people our that representatives are representing.

The bolded phrase seems to unwittingly imply that Republican members of Congress represent only their Republican constituents, which is a pretty outrageous statement. Unfortunately, I think that it's generally true. The Republicans behave like they're an insurgent movement with no larger responsibilities than to try to advance their own agenda. Neglecting to represent those who disagree with you is not a recipe for growing the movement.

Trump's "campaign rally" today in Florida is another example. It gives him another chance to relive the campaign in front of an energizing crowd of core supporters. This is quite unusual. Normally, once presidents take office, they stop campaigning. They may hold rallies, but those are meant to build support for specific policy initiatives, not to prolong the divisiveness of the campaign.

I answered their survey. also. I, however, did not take the next step.

mostly no answers because I do not think the 24-hour news channels are accurate at reporting anything.

but of course I had to write in I get most of my news from the internet and twitter.

My eyes rolled so hard when I saw that donation page.

My eyes rolled so hard when I saw that donation page.

yep, It was the cherry on top, after wading through all those wtf bullshit questions. but of course, if Trump wants to sell us a super non - stick pan from whamo at 4 am to reduce the national debt I might buy it. ))

Normally, once presidents take office, they stop campaigning.

Trump kind of did everything abnormally. Everything from destroying his party's top candidates to upsetting the assured election of a Clinton (I was as shocked as anyone).

I predict (I hate predicting so much in a prediction thread) that politicians will follow Trump's lead as president and do crazy, dumb ass, non-politician like things from here on out.

One thing I can't help but begrudgingly praise Trump for is his well-earned status as "world's greatest troll". Criticising the media for "lying" in one breath, while inventing a Swedish terror attack in the next is some next level shit. I think he'd be better off on 4Chan or Reddit than in the White House, but credit where it's due.

Trump kind of did everything abnormally. Everything from destroying his party's top candidates to upsetting the assured election of a Clinton (I was as shocked as anyone).

I predict (I hate predicting so much in a prediction thread) that politicians will follow Trump's lead as president and do crazy, dumb ass, non-politician like things from here on out.
I partially agree.
The G.O.P. will go along with Trump as long a s they think he'll sign what they want to pass ( repeal the A.C.A., privatize Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid and tax cuts for the rich.).
Once those are done or Trump doesn't go along with the program, they'll dump and impeach him in a second.

I think that's already been happening and am afraid I agree it probably won't change. This ad stands out in my memory from the campaign when the other candidates started trying to become more noticeable.

Not that I think there's anything inherently wrong with politicians not taking themselves seriously, but Trump seems to have turned politics into a reality show/popularity contest. I guess Ray Bradbury called it in Fahrenheit 451.

It's amazing how many people harp on critical thinking, yet fall under the mass media spell as in your sig line.
How many fall under the mass media spell? How long has this been going on?
I can assure you our armed forces leadership is well aware of said media treatment, as are many others.
One would hope. The most reassuring voices I trust come from the ranks of military leadership. Unfortunately, the reality they describe is far removed from the relative simplicity of the left/right Hannity/Maddow meme crowds, and considerably more troubling.

And troubling though these voices may be, at the end of the day one can only hope that their voices win out over any corrupt, deranged, or incompetent voices (which can be found in any group of people, including military leadership).
But thank you for your concern.
Np. I have always had a gift for concern.

For the record, when I read the NATO document I quoted, I focused more on the underlying principles than the "Russian" bit. I also took into consideration that the internet has been part of "mass media" for at least 15 years.

Pick one. Doesn't matter which. Just pick one.

OIP-M7490872e0126c8441f3c673815717587o0.jpg

CGiI0isVIAI8o4i.jpg

Man, I would love for punk to make a return in some form. The music, the fashion, the attitude, any fucking facet of it really. Unfortunately I mostly agree with the dude in the video. The vid did remind me of one of my favorite, and in my opinion one of the last good punk songs at least.

Reactions: AudriTwo
I think that's already been happening and am afraid I agree it probably won't change. This ad stands out in my memory from the campaign when the other candidates started trying to become more noticeable.

Not that I think there's anything inherently wrong with politicians not taking themselves seriously, but Trump seems to have turned politics into a reality show/popularity contest. I guess Ray Bradbury called it in Fahrenheit 451.

What did I just watch???

Reactions: nekogasuki
A little over a month in and I have lost all faith that Trump won't cause a lot of damage.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article134459444.html
https://www.indy100.com/article/don...rime-immigrants-congress-confirmation-7605146
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ack-won-face-terror-charges-article-1.2971801

This orange buffoon is giving racists confidence to come out of the woodworks. He is dividing this country. And what angers me the most about that voice thing, he starts like he's going to finally acknowledge and honor the victims in the Olathe shooting. Instead, he just encourages more hate like the kind in that sick terrorist who shot those three men(And yes, that man is a terrorist. He made a political statement "go back to your own country" before shooting at those men. That is terrorism.)in that bar.

It's amazing how many people harp on critical thinking, yet fall under the mass media spell as in your sig line. I can assure you our armed forces leadership is well aware of said media treatment, as are many others. But thank you for your concern.
here is the thing. i dont watch news media. I havedn't watched it for close to 8 years. factcheck.org it's unbiased FACT checking.

KITSUNE!!
IF YOU SEE THIS FROM ANYWHERE THERE PLEASE COME BACK SOON !!!
BRING BACK ALL YOUR BRILLIANT POSTS AND WAY OF SEEING THINGS- WHAT YOU WROTE ALWAYS MADE MY DAY!!
MISS YOU!!HEART55.jpg

• Hugs
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Status
Not open for further replies.