AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to do shows on MFC HALP!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judy_

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 19, 2017
Hello girls.

So, I've been an award winning feature / exotic dancer for 14 years. I just started camming after dancing became too much for me. I am really needing to figure tis out but it's really hard. I started on streamate but they take so much so I decided to move to MFC. I don't understand how it works. What I would love to learn about is the following...

1. how much do I set my room topic for for the following... flash, tits, ass, naked, sloppy blowjob.

2. what do I do in group shows? It I my understanding you need 3 guys to start a show. But I had that and was doing a show for about 45 min and only made $35 and came a bunch and showed my pussy and squired but I know now that I gave way too much for free and feel bad. How do you conduct a show in group an how long before you do X Y Z??? Like talk a bit strip then do what?

3. How do privates work? I haven't done one yet.

4. Skype shows? I offer them for 80 tokens per minute and someone said that was too much. But I don't understand why.

Any help would be so appreciated. I'm lost.

1. how much do I set my room topic for for the following... flash, tits, ass, naked, sloppy blowjob.
Just type in the box at the top and hit save. You can update it like that any time.
2. what do I do in group shows? It I my understanding you need 3 guys to start a show. But I had that and was doing a show for about 45 min and only made $35 and came a bunch and showed my pussy and squired but I know now that I gave way too much for free and feel bad. How do you conduct a show in group an how long before you do X Y Z??? Like talk a bit strip then do what?
Well, it wasn't for free, just a very inexpensive price. You can stop a group show at any time if there aren't enough people or if you're just finished with what you want to show. So long as people are in there they are paying 10 tokens each minute, though. Some girls will offer to stay in the group when the amount of people drop below a certain number if people tip to keep the show going. Something to consider.
3. How do privates work? I haven't done one yet.
Someone would request a private show, you click accept, then you go to a private chat room and do what you like. If it's a regular private the user pays 60 tokens per minute and other viewers can watch but not talk in the room nor see the typed chat in the room, if it's a trueprivate (which the user has to enable on his end, you don't have control over that) the user pays 80 tokens per minute and no one else can watch.
4. Skype shows? I offer them for 80 tokens per minute and someone said that was too much. But I don't understand why.
You can set Skype prices at whatever you want. The people telling you it's too much are looking for a better deal than trueprivate/private on the site and are likely time wasters.

4$ is not too much. And you will hear all kinds of bullshit why they can't pay you in tokens("I want u to get it all", "I don't do tokens" from a premium etc).
Personally I prefer to settle skype shows through third parties(cammodeldirectory.com, skyprivate), makes the entire process faster - as soon as I link my profile to an mfc member """looking for a skype show""" they go mute and I never hear from them again. Instead of having to argue for a 20min over why they can't send tokens(mfc doesn't accept my credit card, my dog ate my credit card etc).

Last edited:
4$ is not too much. And you will hear all kinds of bullshit why they can't pay you in tokens("I want u to get it all", "I don't do tokens" from a premium etc).
Personally I prefer to settle skype shows through third parties(cammodeldirectory.com, skyprivate), makes the entire process faster - as soon as I link my profile to an mfc member """looking for a skype show""" they go mute and I never hear from them again. Instead of having to argue for an 20min over why they can't send tokens(mfc doesn't accept my credit card, my dog ate my credit card etc).

Actually skype for tokens has a VERY high scam rate that's why most guys don't want to do it. Most models that will do skype usually put a link to manyvids or skyprivate or something on their twitter and set it up through those. Skype for tokens is generally a "free tokens" scam because it's unenforceable or and the models know it won't be refunded if they do nothing.

It's not members that scam with skype for tokens, models do it enough too you can't trust it at all anymore.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Actually skype for tokens has a VERY high scam rate that's why most guys don't want to do it. Most models that will do skype usually put a link to manyvids or skyprivate or something on their twitter and set it up through those. Skype for tokens is generally a "free tokens" scam because it's unenforceable or and the models know it won't be refunded if they do nothing.

It's not members that scam with skype for tokens, models do it enough too you can't trust it at all anymore.
I see, that makes sense - third parties work for everyone then :D

Amber posted the definitions perfectly. No one can really describe the style as that is up to you.
First a comment about your group show, and then I'll have a go at putting it in perspective for you.

For the group show, at least 20 minutes allowing 1 guy to hold you in group chat seems overly generous.... eventually you must decide if the tokens you earn at that rate outdo returning back to public chat to chase bigger reward.
Don't feel that you need to do a group show or a private show. Sometimes the tips in that time used can be larger, and losing the traffic more expensive.

In dancer terms think of the public chat room as the club, each other model owns their own club. The customers pay depending on the shows you perform (public and privately), but may also tip you as they please or for a request (From a song request to a full show).
If you leave this room for a private/ group show or a break, your customers will begin to leave for other clubs which means working to attract them back when you return. You will also lose any public spending during this time, so it must be worth it to you.

The group chat is a room where you need 3 customers to begin, they pay at a constant rate (10 tokens per minute), but may leave at any time, new customers may show up while you are performing. Customers can tip for special attention or to hold a show exclusively for a while.
Usually this type of show will start quite quickly, and you won't give your customers too much choice as it will spoil it for others. You want to build numbers before taking the show, so you get as many people as possible to follow the first 3 in.

Private shows (60 tokens per minute) are one customer only actually in the room, but others may look in for a price (20 tokens per minute). With private shows you can just have fun with your customer, make it whatever you want it to be. Personally the only mistake a model can really make is stopping the flow of it; so you may like to chase some details from the customer about what they expect before accepting.

Exclusive shows have one customer, but no one else may look in so the rate is more (80 tokens per minute).

The prices, the rules, the shows you will do, and how you perform them are all up to you. You have full control. If you don't like anyone or they are disruptive, kick them out or ban them.
As a dancer you know what to do on stage, but you also must play the other club roles that make a customer visit entertaining. Some models own 'clip joints', don't be one of these. Keep your club friendly, your service excellent, give good shows for each token spent, and you will do very well.

btw in terms of this description Skype is like leaving the club to do a show elsewhere.... I'd be certain to get the money in the til before considering it, and their will be risks.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: swagger
I'd skip offering Skype through MFC. If you do offer it, charge more than MFC would. No reason to give anyone a deal that takes you off site. You might also want to look at manyvids and clips4sale. :)

My pet hate during privates or group shows is when a model tries to string me along to get more paying time out of me.
I stop the show the moment I notice this and normally never come back.
So communication what the member expects before you start a show is kind of important to avoid problems....

:)

Just type in the box at the top and hit save. You can update it like that any time.

Well, it wasn't for free, just a very inexpensive price. You can stop a group show at any time if there aren't enough people or if you're just finished with what you want to show. So long as people are in there they are paying 10 tokens each minute, though. Some girls will offer to stay in the group when the amount of people drop below a certain number if people tip to keep the show going. Something to consider.

Someone would request a private show, you click accept, then you go to a private chat room and do what you like. If it's a regular private the user pays 60 tokens per minute and other viewers can watch but not talk in the room nor see the typed chat in the room, if it's a trueprivate (which the user has to enable on his end, you don't have control over that) the user pays 80 tokens per minute and no one else can watch.

You can set Skype prices at whatever you want. The people telling you it's too much are looking for a better deal than trueprivate/private on the site and are likely time wasters.

Great advice!
Thank you!

Funny is most guys expect Skype be even cheaper than mfc rates, I have no idea WHY.

Not exactly rocket science......

MFC has fixed rates for privates, so some models offer Skype as an option to give reduced rates for members to get a price advantage compared to other models....
But other models see Skype as a premium offer they charge more for, so a member has to check first to which camp a model belongs...

Not exactly rocket science......

MFC has fixed rates for privates, so some models offer Skype as an option to give reduced rates for members to get a price advantage compared to other models....
But other models see Skype as a premium offer they charge more for, so a member has to check first to which camp a model belongs...

So YEA I got that but why in the world would i even make an offer where i'm losing money ?? It's only good for the members , not for the models.

So YEA I got that but why in the world would i even make an offer where i'm losing money ?? It's only good for the members , not for the models.
Most likely a bunch of pricks who were preyng on lower camscore girls with slow shifts and are used to the prices for skype shows being lower.

I don't want to confuse the newer model or show any excess bias for or against Skype...she should research it well and then make her decision.

Access to that member for other sales, repeat business, or to take advantage.

Members may pay more for Skype because often they can be extended, the feed is better, they inconvenience the model by the request for it, they are certain of getting exclusive time, or they want to take advantage.

To me Skype was NEVER a good deal, so I stopped doing it long time ago . Of course, it's only my choice , not all models are the same. Just like not all members are the same.

Offering products/services for less money isn't really a crazy business idea, lol. It's up to everyone to determine what price works best for them.

Offering products/services for less money isn't really a crazy business idea, lol. It's up to everyone to determine what price works best for them.
Agree, but perhaps for a new model they would rather hear the reverse. Offering products/ services for a lot more isn't crazy ... for instance it is a great way to control a busy room, discover who really wants you most, and to conserve energy.

What's with the skype obsession?! I get it if you're off-line for regulars but everyone asks it's so annoying.

1. Scams
2. Dudes think they can weasel more time out of models on Skype vs in a private show (since the show doesn't automatically end when they're out of $$$)
3. Better picture quality/they want a c2c experience where they can talk instead of typing.

This BS with video quality and talk on cam instead of typing never convinced me. I had pvts with guys and i turned their sound ON and guess what ? It was like Skype ! HA!
Plus , on Skype I got guys saying " oh bb wait i didnt cum YET" , after our time together was up. So tell me again why is this a good business idea exactly?

This BS with video quality and talk on cam instead of typing never convinced me. I had pvts with guys and i turned their sound ON and guess what ? It was like Skype ! HA!
Plus , on Skype I got guys saying " oh bb wait i didnt cum YET" , after our time together was up. So tell me again why is this a good business idea exactly?

I have also turned on sound for private shows on MFC, but there always seems to be a HORRIBLE echo.

Because your sound or their sound is too high. Just turn off the volume a little .

Interesting. The few times I've done this, turning down my volume didn't see to help. I don't actually like doing privates with sound on, so I'm not going to be testing it any time soon, but good to know in general, I guess :p

Reactions: Judy_
Interesting. The few times I've done this, turning down my volume didn't see to help. I don't actually like doing privates with sound on, so I'm not going to be testing it any time soon, but good to know in general, I guess :p
It's because their mic is picking up your sound from their speakers and vice versa. It really only works with headphones or yeah turning it waaaaay down on both ends so mic doesn't pick up speakers.

It's because their mic is picking up your sound from their speakers and vice versa. It really only works with headphones or yeah turning it waaaaay down on both ends so mic doesn't pick up speakers.

I tend to think there's a bit more to it than that. I fall into the category of never having been able to have my sound on during a private on MFC due to the sound issues. Yet when I have had skypes, or google hangouts, with the same model (so, exact same equipment involved) it's perfectly fine.

I also routinely do google hangouts with family as all of mine have webcams and we all have it setup for quick calling each other. Never been an issue with any of us.

I don't move my webcam or surround sound speakers differently from one format to the next. It really is only MFC I have that sound echo issue with.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ambers Troll
I tend to think there's a bit more to it than that. I fall into the category of never having been able to have my sound on during a private on MFC due to the sound issues. Yet when I have had skypes, or google hangouts, with the same model (so, exact same equipment involved) it's perfectly fine.

I also routinely do google hangouts with family as all of mine have webcams and we all have it setup for quick calling each other. Never been an issue with any of us.

I don't move my webcam or surround sound speakers differently from one format to the next. It really is only MFC I have that sound echo issue with.
I agree I've had the exact same experience. Is it possible those programs are MEANT for 2 way audio interaction and behave differently?

Edit to add: my point still stands that headphones solve the issue, so people trying to c2c with sound, this will work.

Last edited:
I agree I've had the exact same experience. Is it possible those programs are MEANT for 2 way audio interaction and behave differently?
Skype and Google Hangouts definitely actively work against echos. This is especially obvious on multi-party calls, where you can hear it making subtle but constant adjustments based on which party is considered to be speaking at a given time. If two or more parties are speaking almost equally loudly and actively, you'll hear echos sneak in. MFC, afaict, is still using the old-school direct connection approach most gamers are used to, which effectively requires headphones, push-to-talk, and/or a very directional mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.